Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 134085 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #495 on: October 30, 2017, 09:15:07 pm »

Let's try that combination stuff again, but with the Zone spells and charm/control stuff spells. Let's leave Stone Skin alone.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 30, 2017, 09:41:05 pm »

Share food, eliminate group hunger if possible. Mostly meditate on Spirit magic once that's done this turn.

Share the food I have so everyone is fed inside. Raining ... that'd keep me from finishing the rooms on my planned home from mud to stone.... Invite everyone to stay inside during the rain for a bit, and naturally thank Aumrath for the Hoe, assuring that it will be put to good use. Between the mud to stone buildings and the farming, it will be.... A lot of this is weather dependent.

As previously stated, going healing and support route, cleric ish? I dunno, maybe some kind of offense at some point (because otherwise unworkable?), but meh....

P.S. While it is somewhat funny, I do not understand what is going on with the discord and me having a ton of named accounts there. Ideas?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 10:52:06 pm by Transcendant »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 30, 2017, 10:21:54 pm »

attempt to climb out of the magic box, then go exploring again.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 30, 2017, 10:50:27 pm »

Go hunting.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 30, 2017, 11:50:47 pm »

Grapple with the skeleton, immobilise its sword arm and break its elbows.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 31, 2017, 07:23:10 am »

((If I don't take the plus 1 now, will it now appear later?))
+1 to crafting. Rest a bit to recover my health, and then go fishing some more.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 31, 2017, 08:15:53 am »

I shall choose Necromancy
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Custom Critical

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 31, 2017, 07:21:57 pm »

> Try to learn and practice psionics.

I choose: Learn new divination magic!
Self-Improvement Junkie | "Practice without improvement is meaningless."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 31, 2017, 10:43:32 pm »

Practice my combat a bit more and try to develop a form of armor using Abjuration magic to shield me from damage.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 03, 2017, 01:49:04 am »

Daytime 3: Rainy (7 turns remain)

Let's try that combination stuff again, but with the Zone spells and charm/control stuff spells. Let's leave Stone Skin alone.
3 You take some time and combine another two spells together in a strange sort of way, but at least this one seems somewhat inherently beneficial to you.
-1 Hunger. Abjuration Magic Rank 0: 2/10 EXP. Gain Spell: Anti-Conjuration Zone (Lasts 1 Turn per Mana). Nothing can teleport or be summoned within this zone while it lasts, but creatures already summoned outside the zone can still come in.

Share food, eliminate group hunger if possible. Mostly meditate on Spirit magic once that's done this turn.
5 You help out your friend Jeb again as well as eating some berries yourself. You meditate on Spirit Magic and learn something new.
Hunger refilled. All berries consumed. Spirit Magic Rank 2. Next Rank: 15/20 EXP. Gain Spell: Bless (Lasts 1 Turn per Mana) Give yourself and up to 2 allies +1 to all checks for the duration of the spell.

attempt to climb out of the magic box, then go exploring again.
5 You get out just fine and go exploring around more. Nearby, you find what appears to be a flowerbed, with some statues littered about. Some are broken, and others are intact, but the beauty of them implies that something with delicate crafting skills once lived here. Judging by the beautiful state of the flowerbed, they still live here... they must be out at the moment.
River Updated

Go hunting.
4 There's a bunch of small spiders about that you easily kill for meat. -1 Hunger. You obtain Spider Meat x4. Hunting Rank 1: 3/15 EXP.

Grapple with the skeleton, immobilise its sword arm and break its elbows.
1 The skeleton gets the jump on you instead. This is indeed proving quite the challenge. -3 Health. Fighting Skeleton: 9/10 Health

((If I don't take the plus 1 now, will it now appear later?))
+1 to crafting. Rest a bit to recover my health, and then go fishing some more.
(Yes, if you do not take the +1 when it is first offered to you, it will be offered again later.)
3+1 You have a bit of a rest and then you go fishing again. +2 Health, -1 Hunger. You obtain Fish x3. Fishing Rank 1. Next Rank: 3/15 EXP.

I shall choose Necromancy
5 You learn about Necromancy, and its power over life and death. You also get some food from your friend Wren, and make the best use of it.
Hunger refilled. Skill Unlocked: Necromancy Magic Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP. Gain Spell: Chill Touch (2 Mana) Damage and potentially weaken a living being, giving them a -1 on physical checks.

> Try to learn and practice psionics.
I choose: Learn new divination magic!
Gain Spell: See the Truth (3 Mana)
1 You feel dizzy and strained from trying to expand your mind too much. You even feel a bit sick to your stomach. -2 Hunger, Gain Status: Ill.

Practice my combat a bit more and try to develop a form of armor using Abjuration magic to shield me from damage.
4+1 You learn quite a bit this turn about both combat and Abjuration Magic. -1 Hunger. Combat Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health or +1 Maximum Hunger.
Gain Spell: Magic Armor (Lasts 1 Turn per Mana). Abjuration Level Up! Choose one: +1 Maximum Health, +1 Maximum Hunger, +1 Maximum Mana or Learn New Abjuration Magic.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 03, 2017, 01:51:24 am »

Trip the skeleton, get it down to the ground, grapple its limbs off.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 03, 2017, 05:13:07 am »

Cast Bless, targeting myself and two others: Beirus, and Oceansoul? Then Meditate on Spirit Magic.

Glad to be dry when it's raining outside, along with as many people as possible in the house.... Hopefully the rain may let up, providing a dry sky and wet ground with plenty of mud to build and finish the rest of the place with a mud to stone spell.... So much to build and so little time. If nothing else, my friends will have some small comfort here materially and magically.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 03, 2017, 06:39:14 am »

Continue trying to combine magic. I'd really like it if I can get a Zone of Control Animals or some such effect.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 03, 2017, 12:48:50 pm »

Keep hunting.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 03, 2017, 01:12:38 pm »

let's go look for them then, and enjoy the rain against my fur.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 72