Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 133823 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #780 on: May 23, 2018, 08:49:13 pm »

Particularly difficult quest? Heh. Well, try to contact the spirit mage to inform her that I got the charged obsidian she requested. If she gives me more instructions, follow them. Otherwise continue training my fighting skills.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 23, 2018, 08:54:02 pm »

Eat some food, relax/rest, and maybe do some fishing. And visit Aumrath for a knife.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 08:25:32 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 23, 2018, 08:58:03 pm »

Danea explores the level of the mine and uses her pickaxe to extract any ore deposits.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 23, 2018, 09:15:55 pm »

Ask around town regarding kobold, goblin, or other skulking creature sighting.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 24, 2018, 07:57:58 am »

((Glass, remember to come to me for a steel knife.))
+1 building. Finish making the steelworks.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 24, 2018, 08:02:30 am »

huh. All the deer are gone? Go look for some to bring to the forest. Maybe practice using gust to speed up my travel, CAREFULLY.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 24, 2018, 08:33:48 pm »

Meditate to replenish my mana and Spirit. Then practice my combat a little.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 27, 2018, 06:00:12 pm »

Pack up provisions, go to Dragoncrown Village, maybe meditate on healing magic and discuss that with Jerra on the way there. Then once there, there's some talking to do.

Once there strike up some conversations, ask some questions, get information, etc.

I.) Make the acquaintance of the leader of this place, a transmuatationist I hear.
Ask this place where it grows its food, and if they would like the services of an accomplished gardener to increase
Also, are the streets paved? Would they like them to be? Because I can probably manage that.
As stated previously infrastructure, I can make that happen: paved roads, aqueducts and irrigation/ drainage, increased crop yields.
I also have some healing ability and plan to develop this further.
Did I mention I know a little about this sword and how to use it?

They're going to love me, and I don't even want to rule the place. Although I do like the idea of being a prominent and well loved person, because I'm good for people. 
I make lives easier and longer. I shall make this place a beacon and better for a place at its head, though not the head. I shall slowly improve all arounds me.

I am happy to provide my services, for some reasonable progress towards that last goal.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 27, 2018, 08:04:12 pm »

Yup, following Wren. Going to learn some more healing magic from him on the way to Dragoncrown Village.

So far I ran across a couple different people and one of them had magic soul harming powers and the other one wants to heal people and be nice. I'm sticking with that one.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 03, 2018, 05:46:52 pm »

Nighttime 4 (6 turns remain)

Particularly difficult quest? Heh. Well, try to contact the spirit mage to inform her that I got the charged obsidian she requested. If she gives me more instructions, follow them. Otherwise continue training my fighting skills.
2+2 She is thoroughly surprised that you already have what she asked for. She delicately takes the shard, and cups her hands over it. The energy from it flows into her through dark tendrils of energy, the obsidian dissolving in the process.

"... You did that for me, even after everything I've put you through?" It was clear she knew you had sacrificed your own blood to charge the obsidian. "Very well... I am not without reason. Choose an extra boon that I may give you in return for your service."

-1 Hunger, -1 Blood Charged Obsidian Shard. Choose a boon to gain from the Spirit Mage. Spirit Mage raises in power.

Eat some food, relax/rest, and maybe do some fishing. And visit Aumrath for a knife.
5+1 You eat some food, rest a bit, and do some more fishing. Now the waters have been overfished and you will gather less fish for a bit. Not to mention, your friend Aumrath doesn't actually have a steel knife made for you yet.
-1 to next 2 Fishing actions. Hunger and Mana replenished. -3 Cooked Fish. Obtain Fish x6. Fishing Rank 3: 15/25 EXP.

Danea explores the level of the mine and uses her pickaxe to extract any ore deposits.
6 You mine so much that you break your pickaxe. -1 Hunger. Pickaxe Broken. Obtain Copper Ore x7. Mining Rank 0: 5/10 EXP.

Ask around town regarding kobold, goblin, or other skulking creature sighting.
1 Nobody has heard anything. In fact, talking about such things with wary strangers makes them trust you less. -1 Health, -1 Hunger, -1 Village Approval.

((Glass, remember to come to me for a steel knife.))
+1 building. Finish making the steelworks.
1+1 You realize that you are both out of mana and resources, therefore accomplishing nothing. -1 Hunger.

huh. All the deer are gone? Go look for some to bring to the forest. Maybe practice using gust to speed up my travel, CAREFULLY.
4 You don't have any mana, but you concentrate on your air magic a bit. Somehow, you manage to find the last pair of deer around the area. They look frightened despite your size.
-1 Hunger. Air Magic Rank 1: 8/15 EXP. Searching Level Up! Choose One: +1 Max Hunger, +1 Max Health or +1 Searching (one time only) Found two remaining deer.

Meditate to replenish my mana and Spirit. Then practice my combat a little.
3+1 You take some time to meditate and practice. +1 Mana, +1 Spirit, -1 Hunger. Combat Rank 3: 22/25 EXP

Pack up provisions, go to Dragoncrown Village, maybe meditate on healing magic and discuss that with Jerra on the way there. Then once there, there's some talking to do.
Once there strike up some conversations, ask some questions, get information, etc.
I.) Make the acquaintance of the leader of this place, a transmuatationist I hear.
Ask this place where it grows its food, and if they would like the services of an accomplished gardener to increase
Also, are the streets paved? Would they like them to be? Because I can probably manage that.
As stated previously infrastructure, I can make that happen: paved roads, aqueducts and irrigation/ drainage, increased crop yields.
I also have some healing ability and plan to develop this further.
Did I mention I know a little about this sword and how to use it?
They're going to love me, and I don't even want to rule the place. Although I do like the idea of being a prominent and well loved person, because I'm good for people. 
I make lives easier and longer. I shall make this place a beacon and better for a place at its head, though not the head. I shall slowly improve all arounds me.
I am happy to provide my services, for some reasonable progress towards that last goal.
5 You successfully continue to be a wise mentor to Jerra. You introduce yourself to Lady Avita, who welcomes you to town.
"I've not seen so many visitors in a long time... I wonder if the Great One brought you here to help us," she remarks, before shrugging. "Nonetheless, welcome." She gives you a map of Dragoncrown. It details the Food Shoppe, the tavern, a temple, a few craftsmen, a few farmers and the rest commoners. Overall, it was a small village of maybe 100-200 people. You ask around a bit about different tasks you can help with, but not too many people seem willing to talk with strangers. Nonetheless, they seem to warm to you slightly and could perhaps be convinced to be more friendly.
+1 to Jerra. +1 Friendship with Lady Avita Cinna. +1 Dragoncrown Village Approval.

Yup, following Wren. Going to learn some more healing magic from him on the way to Dragoncrown Village.
So far I ran across a couple different people and one of them had magic soul harming powers and the other one wants to heal people and be nice. I'm sticking with that one.
3+1 You learn some more about healing magic from Wren. -1 Hunger. Spirit Magic Rank 0: 3/10 EXP. Learned Moderate Heal (2 Mana)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 03, 2018, 06:06:52 pm »

Danea exits the mine and returns to her camp, where she meditates for a while to recover mana.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 03, 2018, 06:13:38 pm »

I did that not expecting something in return, I traded my soul for power and this is part of said payment.
But if I'm allowed to pick something, I would probably also like to get Necromancy magic powers that also grow in power slowly over time, like the spirit magic powers I already have.
And maybe that she stopped treating me like a pet, like if I wasn't doing this willingly despite that I was the one who wanted to give my soul and have a life of servitude for power in the first place.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 03, 2018, 06:24:06 pm »

time to learn deer-speak. It will probably be harder since our differences are greater than that of wolves, but it would be key to restoring the balance that the wolves need.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 03, 2018, 06:32:23 pm »

Search around for such clues on my own, there's gotta be traces around here somewhere.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 04, 2018, 07:12:47 am »

((Dwayna, Glass visiting me means I can actually now make a knife without just making a knife without any in universe justification.))
Head down and gather the materials Kosjenka has gathered, replacing the spell crystal if necessary. Then, finish the steelworks and make a fish skinning knife.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 72