Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 133795 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10)
« Reply #825 on: July 13, 2018, 02:23:17 pm »

:|
Charm monster. Call for help. Un-curse the knife. Get healed.

I hate overshoots. This is why we need magic items that turn them into normal crit successes.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 13, 2018, 02:27:17 pm »

I'm gonna turn this into a spreadsheet version of civilization yet.
Go looking in the hole for more ores and crystals. Refresh the transmutation spell circle if I need to.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 13, 2018, 02:55:29 pm »

lick my wounds and keep watch for the deer couple.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: July 13, 2018, 06:21:45 pm »

Keep training my combat until I feel ready. If I reach the next rank, scout the forest and find a natural beast to slaugther.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 13, 2018, 08:30:12 pm »

Danea searches for clay. When she locates a source of it, she gathers a large amount and uses shape object to transform it into a quadruped being, similar to a cow, but lacking a head, and having a hollow body. She then takes a refined blue quartz gem and inlays it into the statue's chest. She then uses animate object to turn the statue into a golem. The idea was that it would follow her as she moved around the world, acting as a vessel for storage- being a transportation golem of sorts. She inserted the gem into the statue to observe if it would have any effect on the golem once it was activated.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 13, 2018, 09:17:05 pm »

Continue resting, pay 1 golden crown's worth of whatever food they have available.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 19, 2018, 09:27:20 pm »

Eat some food with Wren. Sleep with Dragons to regain mana.

+1 health sounds good.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 22, 2018, 12:30:54 am »

Rest with dragons to regain mana, meditate on combat and try to think what I'm going to say to Lady Avita Cinna in the morning.

Good news is I've paved streets for her/her people, and I can do more, so the people should like me/us and we can work with them. Whether its resources, crafting or mutual defense, there's a win win here for everyone between us and dragoncrown possible. I'm all aligned with their great dragon. Plus, I've proven I can offer infrastructure, and will help long term with several things.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (9/10)
« Reply #833 on: July 23, 2018, 08:15:32 pm »

Nighttime 4 (2 Turns remain)
Putting Papaj as inactive for now.

Spoiler: Sonia Wind (click to show/hide)

Waitlist me please.
Accepted onto the waitlist.

"If I can tear it, I can stitch it back together. I SHALL SEW THE HEAVENS!"
Tailoring time! I've got magic and spirit power for thread, so use my energies to mend the rift. Make the mend stronger than the veil originally was if I can. Oh, oh, or see about using residual energy from the scarab if that would help. Summon a needle if I need to. Then eat to recover some health and hunger.
4-1+1 You conjure a needle to help to mend the hole, using the threads of leftover scarab bits. It's now closed, but something dribbled out of it before that. You eat some nearby berries.
+2 Health, +2 Hunger, -1 Mana. Conjuration Magic Rank 0: 8/10 EXP. Tailoring Rank 1: 8/15 EXP.
Catastrophe Effect: White liquid dripped out of the open rift before it closed. This will form into a monster on the next turn.

:|
Charm monster. Call for help. Un-curse the knife. Get healed.
2+1 The spell makes the demon still its movement for the turn, at least. Redwing decides to swoop in to help, scratching the demon. You do not know Remove Curse.
-2 Mana, -1 Hunger. Fighting: Blood Demon, 13/15 Health.

I'm gonna turn this into a spreadsheet version of civilization yet.
Go looking in the hole for more ores and crystals. Refresh the transmutation spell circle if I need to.
1 You fall down the hole and hurt yourself. -1 Health, -1 Hunger. Sprained Wrist: Temporary -1 to Mining.

lick my wounds and keep watch for the deer couple.
3 You lick your wounds a bit and keep watch. The deer appreciate your help. +1 Health, -1 Hunger. +1 Friendship with Deer. Diplomacy Rank 1: 10/15 EXP.

Keep training my combat until I feel ready. If I reach the next rank, scout the forest and find a natural beast to slaughter.
1 You get a bit ahead of yourself and run into the forest to find something to fight. Looks like you found a hungry wolf ... or did it find you? It bites your skin.
-2 health. Fighting: Wolf, 10/10 Health.

Danea searches for clay. When she locates a source of it, she gathers a large amount and uses shape object to transform it into a quadruped being, similar to a cow, but lacking a head, and having a hollow body. She then takes a refined blue quartz gem and inlays it into the statue's chest. She then uses animate object to turn the statue into a golem. The idea was that it would follow her as she moved around the world, acting as a vessel for storage- being a transportation golem of sorts. She inserted the gem into the statue to observe if it would have any effect on the golem once it was activated.
1+2 You gather up some clay and make a smaller golem than you intended. Still, something's better than nothing.
-3 Mana, -1 Hunger. -1 Refined Blue Quartz. Searching Rank 1: 14/15 EXP. Transmutation Magic Rank 1: 10/15 EXP.
Created: Small Clay Golem - Can hold 1 Large Item, 2 Medium items or 5 Small Items.

Continue resting, pay 1 golden crown's worth of whatever food they have available.
3 You rest for a bit and then buy some apples from the store. +1 Health, -1 Hunger. -1 Golden Crown. Obtain Apple x5.

Eat some food with Wren. Sleep with Dragons to regain mana.
+1 health sounds good.

6 You gorge yourself with berries and sleep with the dragons. You feel a bit ill, but replenished from being in their presence.
-1 Health, Gain Status: Ill. Hunger and Mana replenished. Berries depleted.

Rest with dragons to regain mana, meditate on combat and try to think what I'm going to say to Lady Avita Cinna in the morning.
Good news is I've paved streets for her/her people, and I can do more, so the people should like me/us and we can work with them. Whether its resources, crafting or mutual defense, there's a win win here for everyone between us and dragoncrown possible. I'm all aligned with their great dragon. Plus, I've proven I can offer infrastructure, and will help long term with several things.
2+1 You rest a bit more and then meditate on combat. +2 Mana, -1 Hunger. Combat Rank 2: 7/20 EXP.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 11:54:24 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 23, 2018, 08:26:39 pm »

Ok. I can work with this.
Call for the dragons. Try to talk to the demon and convince it that there are better things its can do with itself than fight me; it can learn a craft, for example, maybe go off and become a butcher if it really feels it needs to kill things and deal with blood. Rest to regain mana, and maybe some health. Defend myself if I'm attacked.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 23, 2018, 08:41:32 pm »

Eat apples. Meditate to increase my power. NEED MOAR.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 23, 2018, 08:44:27 pm »

Focus on healing my wrist and watching Kosjenka mine. Look for ways to improve efficiency.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 23, 2018, 09:43:33 pm »

Cast Moderate Harm on it and stab the wolf in the head with my sword.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 27, 2018, 04:39:17 pm »

I would like to request to begin receiving levels in Talking the Monster to Death, or ways to convince my enemies that it'd really be best if they just stopped being my enemy. :P
But seriously, considering what I've done in this game every time I encounter combat, I'm surprised that I haven't received any XP in the Diplomacy skill aside from having it at level 0, 0/10 XP, which just acknowledges that I've tried it once before.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 27, 2018, 06:00:22 pm »

I would like to request to begin receiving levels in Talking the Monster to Death, or ways to convince my enemies that it'd really be best if they just stopped being my enemy. :P
But seriously, considering what I've done in this game every time I encounter combat, I'm surprised that I haven't received any XP in the Diplomacy skill aside from having it at level 0, 0/10 XP, which just acknowledges that I've tried it once before.
Enchantment magic manipulates the minds of those you interact with, which means that any pleasant interaction thus far has been magic induced and not just talking to beings as they are. However, your new action will be talking to the demon without magic effects, so it will gain points in Diplomacy if the roll goes well for you.
Otherwise, embodying tropes is okay with me. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 72