Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 134032 times)

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (11/10, 5 Days Remain)
« Reply #915 on: September 22, 2018, 10:19:49 pm »

Follow steps below, get info, formulate plan based off info, keep world from ending.

1.) Everyone pray to the Great Dragon for guidance, all of them, whole town, everyone who can.
- Provides population reassurance.
- Gives us intel
- Helps formulate plan, beyond "o crap, we're all gonna die," so we have something to do.
- Will help unite for common purpose, or we'll probably all die.
- With everybody praying to it, the Great Dragon will probably hear it.
- I have great Dragon's favor, plus I'm trying to help it.

2.) With everyone praying to it, we ask the great Dragon what's going on with the world ending, and how we can stop it.
- If it can't be stopped then we need to find some way to evac/save civilians.
- There really shouldn't be opposition to this, because there's no world left for anyone to rule/live in if it all ends.
(Hell, if the mages want to take over the place, it has to be there for them to rule, also they need a place to exist).

3.) Organize defense forces, supplies, and response teams.
- Really could've used time to train, and equip people, but those without swords can still die on them without some prep.
- They have to have some existing power structure in place, a captain of the guard or something. This can't be the first emergency they've had.
- It's fight, flight or die if the world is ending. Unless we've made some major mistake I am completely unaware of, or the DM is upset, I don't think she wants game end like that.

Frankly, I did not plan on the world ending in 5 days. Give stirring speech, follow long term plan, immerse in world; watch the sky crack open.... :) There goes the timetable.
I don't really know how we could've been prepared for this so ... I suppose I'm trying to roll with it.
Apparently the guy who died was rather important, because the sky is going nuts now that he's been killed. Figures.
Essentially this is intel gathering using the entire population to boost it. Somebody has to know how to stop this, and my bet is the Great Dragon does.
Failing that, there has to be some rescue / flight option. This isn't the only world in the multiverse is it?
Also, any combat that takes place here will be better off with organized citizenry for their own protection rather than hunted victims.
We either start figuring this out together, unless somebody has some special way to solo this whole thing, or it sounds like literal game over.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10, 5 Days Remain)
« Reply #916 on: September 24, 2018, 07:31:55 pm »

Spring Day 5: Partly Void (+Necromancy/Conjuration, -???. 3 Turns Remain)
5 Days Remain
Putting Papaj back on inactive.
To address what Transcendent said: I'm definitely not mad about anything, this is just how the game went. I have multiple different ways in which the game can end, but ultimately it will end eventually. Hopefully you guys manage to get a good or neutral ending instead of the bad ending (which is the world collapsing). Good luck!

Well crab.
Find the nearest shrine to anything, lay out an offering of fish, and try to make contact with someone that might know how to fix this.
If I could somehow get the Great Dragon and all the mages on call simealtaneously, that would be ideal. After all, not a single one of them wants reality to fall to pieces.

Also +1 hunger
2+1 You go to the grove where that statues are, laying some fish in a circle. Avatars of the Great Dragon and the five mages stand before you. It's clear that there is a someone open hostility between the two, though the Spirit Mage in particular seems... calm somehow.

"Interesting. The rumors are true, then..." says the woman, looking to the sky. The other mages start bickering amongst themselves. "You've been told that we're siphoning power from this beast, have you not? The Great Dragon has no reason to ally with us when we're trying to usurp its power... One of us is even very close to doing so." As if by her words, the Great Dragon's white eyes seem to flicker, whilst a dim white light begins to shine from beneath her hood where her eyes should be.

Diplomacy Rank 1: 5/15 EXP

Snap this resisting goblin motherfucker's neck. Then restrain the other one.
2+1 You fight with the goblin. His friend kicks you in the shin, distracting you from snapping his neck. You still do a bit of damage.
-1 Health, -1 Hunger. Fighting: Goblin 1 - 2/5 Health. Goblin 2 - 2/5 Health, Struggling. Combat Rank 3: 2/25 EXP.

Danea goes hunting with her sickle. She doesn't need the meat, but rather the hide to make proper gauntlets so she can hold her pet.
3 You go hunting and find a spider. After it bites once, you kill it and fashion its skin into a pair of gloves. Hopefully those will help you with your friendly slime.
-1 Health, -1 Hunger. Obtain Spider Skin Gloves. Hunting Rank 0: 2/10 EXP. Skill Unlocked: Tailoring Rank 0. Next Rank: 0/10 EXP.

+1 hunger
Level up my Divination by divining the location of more divination scrolls with one of the divination scrolls in my possession..
Go search for said divination scrolls, then bring them back to camp.

Try saying that first line ten times fast...
1 You try to read one of the scrolls. It blows up in your face. Looks like they aren't all Divination. -2 Health, -1 Hunger, -1 Ancient Scroll.

I must complete my final goal! Head back up and smelt my materials, then setup a ritual to transform the copper into iron. Need war golems stat.
6 You head back up and smelt some metal. Following your usual trend of clumsiness, you manage to burn yourself. The metal turns out okay, though, and you set up a perfect transmutation circle that instantly changes all of your copper bars to iron ones. Seems like it was one use, though.
-2 Health, -1 Hunger, -1 Mana. Ore Depleted, Obtain Iron Bar x5. Transmutation Level Up! Choose one: +1 Max Health, +1 Max Hunger, +1 Max Mana or Learn New Transmutation.

I am a cat, not an artificer. I would somehow have to imbue myself! Actually, that’s not a bad idea, though I will need help with it.
Attempt to draw the attention of the air mage to me via lightning-bolt practice.
4 You practice your lightning magic. A person in a yellow robe with white trim appears, looking disgruntled. "You wanted to see me?"
-1 Hunger, -1 Mana. Air Magic Level Up! Choose One: +1 Max Health, +1 Max Hunger, +1 Max Mana or Learn New Air Magic.

+1 Mana.
Cut myself with the sword again to boost my spirit magic and blast the dragon with a 6 (or 7 if upgrading mana also gives me an extra point to use.) mana Major Harm! If it dies, cut it into pieces and spill it's blood while calling for the Spirit Mage.

4+1 You cut into the dragon, spilling its guts and calling to your dark mistress. She appears and softly laughs, holding her hand out. The laugh turns onto a full-on cackle as the dragon's blood siphons into her being. Her eyes shine with white power underneath her hood. Instantly, you are fully healed from your cuts.
"My faithful Theron... you've done so much for me. Before long, I shall become the One True Goddess while the rest of those fools rot away... I can sew the heavens back together then, but I can't do it all alone. Join me as my husband, and together we will rule over this world."
Spirit Magic Level Up! Choose One: +1 Max Health, +1 Max Hunger, +1 Max Mana, or Learn New Spirit Magic.
The Great Dragon loses power. The Spirit Mage gains power. The Spirit Mage only needs 2 more power to end the game.

Billy Bob is speechless for a moment. All he wanted to do was train. Shrugging it off, he decided to move forward and try not to let the universe end. And he could only start one way.
Go eat and rest to regain Hunger, Health, Mana, and Spirit.
1+2 You go hunting for some food and eat it immediately. You then rest a bit. +1 Health, +1 Hunger, +1 Mana, +1 Spirit. Hunting Rank 1: 7/15 EXP.

+1 Health
More combat meditation. Reassuring Lady Avita as much as practical, given the circumstances.
Honestly, it depends on what Wren does, because I wasn't exactly planning for the sky literally breaking. Either he did, or his speech was really a coincidence. Not really sure how that happened or what to do about it. Do we know where everyone is even? Somehow we probably need some kind of plan. Either he has one or we might be screwed. Also I don't know that every player is even on the same side.
3 You meditate on combat and help your friend to try to persuade Lady Avita.
-1 Hunger. Combat Rank 2: 2/20 EXP. +1 to Wren. Diplomacy Level Up! Choose One: +1 Max Health, +1 Max Hunger or +1 Diplomacy (one time only).

Follow steps below, get info, formulate plan based off info, keep world from ending.
1.) Everyone pray to the Great Dragon for guidance, all of them, whole town, everyone who can.
2.) With everyone praying to it, we ask the great Dragon what's going on with the world ending, and how we can stop it.
3.) Organize defense forces, supplies, and response teams.
1+2 A few people agree to your plans, beginning to pray. The Great Dragon appears, but it seems worse for wear at the moment. Its eyes flicker yet again, though it is the first time you've seen it.
The Spirit Mage has grown powerful, says the Great Dragon. One of her servants killed a creature of my own making. If she gains enough power, then she will be mistress of this world... You're already doing much for me, my child, but I could use some help. I will take the side of good in this and merely ask for some offerings. Magical objects of any kind, or whatever else you might have of value. That and your prayers may yet give me strength.
-1 Hunger, -1 Mana. Diplomacy Rank 1: 2/15 EXP. +1 Favor with the Great Dragon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 11:00:51 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: September 24, 2018, 07:53:13 pm »

Time to kick golem production into high gear, while I expand my knowledge.
I'll take learn new transmutation spell.

Forge a stone golem that will use copper mined by Kosjenka to make more Kosjenkas. This golem will be made fireproof in the following way. Heat resistance spells will be carved into the stone as it is forged, so that heat that would otherwise melt it is instead absorbed as energy, or deflected back into the furnace.

Then, eat some food and meditate to recover mana.

((I know this is kinda meta, but I have a plan to save the world, or at least slow down its destruction. I don't think we've had enough time to get powerful enough to save the world, so this is my proposal:

Using the time we have, I create specialized steel golems with gem cores. These golems will be designed to siphon latent and active void energy into their cores, distill it to pure mana, and then dump the energy into a main reservoir. Hopefully this should slow down the void's growth, and weaken any creatures that break through. I then plan to use that gained time to learn dimensional magic, hopefully to the point where I can create a protective bubble around the camp area, and later advance it to total disconnect. In theory, by disconnecting the area from the usual mortal plane of existence, it can exist in every time at once, we can skill up more, and then exit at the same moment we left. If we cannot beat the mages, then we can just run away, and maybe save Dragoncrown village.))
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 07:58:24 pm by johiah »
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: September 24, 2018, 07:54:03 pm »

Snap this resisting goblin motherfucker's neck. Then restrain the other one.

Try this, again. This time with feeling.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: September 24, 2018, 08:26:31 pm »

attempt to communicate about the impending doom, and request their help. Learn a new air spell while I am at it, and maybe try to become their apprentice.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:29:45 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 25, 2018, 12:28:12 am »

"Listen, I don't care about your spats. You all have or want power, and without a world none of you have any. Ergo, you're going to help us repair the universe. Got it?"
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: September 25, 2018, 03:01:40 am »

Danea meditates to regain Mana. She also tests to see if the gloves are good enough to allow her to touch the slime.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 25, 2018, 08:04:01 am »

((I should have 7 max Mana))

+1 Health. What else can I do but to accept? I willingly pledged my soul and existence to the Spirit Mage. I am her eternal servant and I must obey. If this is what she wants, how could I even refuse such offer? I'm just a hunter, and I will be happy as long as I can serve her and have beasts to hunt.

If I'm allowed to, ask if she has a name and past. I barely know anything about her and I never had the need to ask. But if she really wants me to be at her side, I should probably try to at least call her by her name.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 28, 2018, 11:06:19 am »

The actual scroll this time.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 30, 2018, 07:33:49 pm »

1.) Promise the building at river as a temple to the great dragon, with the promise that I will raise a greater temple if I survive.
2.) Continue offering the prayers of the faithful .
3.) Talk people out of supporting the spirit mage.
4.) Make a dragon statue out of mud, and then magically turn it to stone, in a convenient place. Leave some places around it to grow some neat plants or something later.

1.) Well, basically it seems offerings and prayers are how to "win" this. I'm going to start a greater religion based on the Great Dragon. I've proven I can make buildings, there will be a temple, etc. Further, this will now be a greater part of the plan to lift everyone up. The great dragon had things doing ok until everything went sideways and now the sky is cracking. We need things back to the way they were before things went completely nuts, maybe with some changes depending on some details but yeah.... Before people were alive and safe from the sky falling. Now they aren't. If the spirit mage wins, then we all still die. I'm not saying things can't change. I'm saying that change can't be death, from the spirit mage or otherwise.

2.) Continue to ask the town to pray to the great dragon at dusk and dawn. That shouldn't be much given that this place is called Dragoncrown Village. They probably already do.

3.) The spirit mage will basically kill us all, and/or reanimate us as the living dead, enduring who knows what horrors. THIS CAN'T BE WHAT PEOPLE WANT? Her winning is pretty much literally everyone else loosing. Things may not have been perfect before but they can change and they can't be worse than being trapped as a zombie/spirit slave forever. Honestly, I have no idea why the other mages, or anyone really, are supporting her and I'm not sure the mages really do. Notice how she's hiding the fact that she's gained power, "One of us is even very close to doing so." One of us? You. It's you. Why not say that to the others? Listen to what she's not saying. So what happens when the other mages find out this information she clearly doesn't want them to know?

By the way, what happens to them (the other mages) when she takes over? Is water mage going to love whatever putrid undead stuff she leaves? What's air mage going to do? Honestly not sure about fire mage, but really, same question. Nevermind everyone else. What's the world going to be like for them when she's done with it? I really don't see a better option than the great dragon, because either the other mages don't get that spirit mage will, "Before long, I shall become the One True Goddess while the rest of those fools rot away...." Shit. She's basically majored in betrayal. Even if the great dragon doesn't "win" she can't, or we die.

4.) Have a statue Great Dragon. I do a lot with earth, so.... Also there's some room around it to plant things, because I do a lot with plants too. Honestly, it's not like I have targets to kill, so I'm building you a religion with worshipers and statues, and stuff. Not sure how else to do it. Also, the statue and plants that grow from it (once I plant those later), will serve to provide food to the worshipers. It's a win-win-win really. Great dragon has a statue and more prayers. Townspeople have a food source in the future. Lady Avita has a new feature in her town.

Time to kick golem production into high gear, while I expand my knowledge.

I agree with Johiah, that might just work. I like the protective, time buying, contingency feel of it.  Worst case scenario he's making valuable things, which function as allies.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 07:39:06 pm by Transcendant »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: September 30, 2018, 08:18:29 pm »

((I'm just throwing this out there, but if a majority would rather we all go out in a blaze of glory if the Spirit Mage is going to win, I can go as high as +6 and shoot for a 12 if I burn my health and mana for extra spirit. Or maybe +5 if the stacking works differently. Actually, Billy Bob might try to kill her anyway because he sees this as her fault.))

Go eat and rest to recover all my stuff more. Get Beary Bob to help me gather food from the mango tree and fruit bushes that are planted.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 30, 2018, 08:56:11 pm »

((edit: oops, posted in the wrong thread))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 01, 2018, 10:09:14 am »

Help Wren build his statue of the Dragon, and I guess meditate on combat some more.

Yeah, I don't wanna be a zombie. Walking dead is fun to watch, but I don't wanna be in it.

I'm sticking with my whole "Be a paladin build" thing. So, I think I'll oppose whoever the diety of undeath is. More combat ability more healing and stuff.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 01, 2018, 10:43:12 am »

Help Wren build his statue of the Dragon, and I guess meditate on combat some more.

Yeah, I don't wanna be a zombie. Walking dead is fun to watch, but I don't wanna be in it.

I'm sticking with my whole "Be a paladin build" thing. So, I think I'll oppose whoever the diety of undeath is. More combat ability more healing and stuff.
((The irony here being that the mage of undeath is also the mage of healing and would probably also cover your undead-smiting needs unless you use fire magic.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 01, 2018, 11:15:29 am »

((The irony here being that the mage of undeath is also the mage of healing and would probably also cover your undead-smiting needs unless you use fire magic.))
Unless there's Light magic.
Which nobody has actually checked for yet, I think. And there's not a mage for it.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 72