Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 72

Author Topic: Survive (10/10, Endgame)  (Read 134140 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Survive (10/10, 5 Days Remain)
« Reply #945 on: October 06, 2018, 10:21:19 pm »

She could order me to die and I would drop dead right now. That she asking me to help her in a task instead of just telling me to do it... Of course I wish to help. I used to just want power to kill, just thinking of this as a payment for my magic. But now, my body, spirit and mind are dedicated to fullfill Sepa's wishes. If she needs my strenght to ascend, I would willingly give her the same power I sacrificed my soul for.

Confess that I was honestly indifferent to her attemps to kill the others, as they aren't actually my friends and we just seemingly worked towards a common goal separately. Ask her what has to be done for her to finally reach godhood, so we can stop the world from being destroyed and instead destroy her rivals together.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: October 06, 2018, 10:47:21 pm »

Ask the other goblin what loot they have inside, and if they have Lady Avita's bauble.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: October 07, 2018, 07:26:24 am »

If this world is to end.. Scry the Location of more divination scrolls. Also, eat some baked fish.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: October 07, 2018, 09:08:13 am »

-snip-copper ore and bars and starts processing that into armour, starting with a breastplate and helmet, and also crafting greaves, boots, and pauldrons if she has enough material left over.
Turning copper ore into bars without a smeltery would be very impressive. Also making armor out of metal without a forge/anvil. Or did I somehow miss it and you are actually at my forge area next to me?
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: October 07, 2018, 04:06:29 pm »

-snip-copper ore and bars and starts processing that into armour, starting with a breastplate and helmet, and also crafting greaves, boots, and pauldrons if she has enough material left over.
Turning copper ore into bars without a smeltery would be very impressive. Also making armor out of metal without a forge/anvil. Or did I somehow miss it and you are actually at my forge area next to me?
Danea has transmutation magic that she has been using for the smithing for a while, and if I remember correctly, she also made a basic smelter which was how she got her first copper bars anyways.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 07, 2018, 04:14:24 pm »

Danea has transmutation magic that she has been using for the smithing for a while, and if I remember correctly, she also made a basic smelter which was how she got her first copper bars anyways.
Ah. I did a little scroll back, but not too much, and I haven't been dedicated in following everyone else's moves. Not surprised I missed it.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 10, 2018, 08:15:21 pm »

Welp, guess I'm still not fully recovered. Eat some food, share some with Beary Bob, meditate to recover mana and spirit while thinking of a way to sew up the void rip in the veil.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 11, 2018, 09:03:37 pm »

{Question: "A number?" Would this be a number I'd roll on a d6? (In that case I'd take a bonus to 1s for no fails) Or are you talking about a skill to get a +1 to? (In that case I'd take a +1 to combat?) Something else? I'm not entirely sure what you mean.}

Hearts, Minds and Stomachs:
1.) Keep the faithful assured that the great dragon and I will do all we can:
A.) Perform a miracle to give the crowd food, "The Great Dragon's Faithful Bounty."
B.) Plant berries I am carrying, along with Jerra in those parts I left around the statute to grow plants. (There are plantables available somehow, get them, diplomacy, whatever. It's all paid back). 
C.) Cast Plant growth to create berry bushes and food.
D.) Restock (berries), but then give to the crowd
2.) Frame the Miracle: Credit to Great Dragon and Special thanks to Lady Avita.

Gratefully accept the Dragon's Favor publicly while leading those praying to him. Kneeling openly, "See now our savior, the skyfather has favored us, and now more again. See now the Great Dragon's Faithful Bounty. Keep faith in the Great Dragon."

[Perform the ritual before the faithful to bolster their faith and see food cometh from around the dragon's statue. The beginning of keeping my promise to feed them].

Cast the plant growth to get those berry bushes around the dragon's statue. That way it is not only a statue to the Great Dragon, but also a source of food for the faithful.
A good amount is a good start. Let the religion bolster the Great Dragon, and lo let the faith of the Great Dragon heal the world for the faithful.

Unsurprising: the Spirit mage not liking me. After all, she previously tried to kill me. Then again she's got that plan for a lot of people, most of them actually, if not all.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 12, 2018, 07:58:43 am »

Heal someone in the crowd of Great Dragon Worshipers.

Might as well get good at healing magic and keep up the paladin thing. Plus more Brownie points, yay. Also it seems to go with the theme. Seems OKish. I'm cool with the berry planting thing, cause I got them from Wren anyhow and they grow back so yeah.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 08:03:05 am by femmelf »

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: October 13, 2018, 01:43:02 pm »

O awesome. Thanks Femmelf. I can work you into the whole church thing if you want, now, later, or never, whatever. Meantime, I appreciate the assist.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 13, 2018, 03:25:49 pm »

If you bring the people to me I can provide fish.

Like, lots of fish.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 13, 2018, 03:27:16 pm »

Where are you again? It is possible someone may be arranged to pick up those fish and deliver? I don't know.

I mean I remember reading you were at the nearest shrine to anything, speaking to avatars of the one true dragon god the Great Dragon and the other ones draining him the mages but I simply do not know where that is in terms of where you are physically located.

O, hey maybe later, when I build an even bigger temple to the Great Dragon at "the campsite" we can totally do that there too.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 03:34:44 pm by Transcendant »

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 14, 2018, 04:42:36 pm »

Spring Day 5: Partly Void (+Necromancy/Conjuration, -???. Next turn will be Night.)
5 Days Remain
@Transcendant: Yes, I meant a number on the d6. You will now get random bonuses on 1s as I don't want it to be too overpowered.

Experiment with the crystals I have. Try to design something that will absorb specifically void magic, and store it for us.
4 You feel that your amethyst would be best for this job for some reason. You hold it up to the sky and spend some magic, pulling in some of the Void towards it. The amethyst glitters with a strange blackness to it now.
-1 Mana, -1 Hunger. Obtain Void Amethyst. Spirit Magic Rank 0: 4/10 EXP. Necromancy Magic Rank 0: 4/10 EXP.

Turn to the other mages, and...
Why are you all so hesitant? Reality is falling apart, and you don't care? Even if all you want is total control, can you not get it through your skulls that you can't rule something when there isn't anything?
Or is there another reason? Are you just waiting for someone else to extend themselves so you can swoop in on them while they're distracted to take advantage? Do you think you have some kind of contingency for if the world ends? What? Why? Why in nine kinds of hell would make you think ignoring this could be your best decision?

2+1 They seem to again be discussing amongst themselves. Finally, the one in a red robe lined with orange steps forward.
"You might think us complete fools, but we know exactly what we're doing," says the Fire Mage. "This world is just a stepping stone of power for us... Let it sink into the void for all we care. Like a phoenix reborn, we will forge a new world of our own making from this one's ashes."
-1 Hunger. Diplomacy Rank 1: 10/15 EXP. Found out the True Evil Plan.

Danea casts Shape Object on the Small Frost Slime, shaping it into a sword. She condenses the slime at the edges of the sword so that it is hard and sharp. She tries to do this in a way that minimizes damage to the slime.
With the rest of her turn, she takes her copper ore and bars and starts processing that into armour, starting with a breastplate and helmet, and also crafting greaves, boots, and pauldrons if she has enough material left over.
3 You shape the slime into a sword, but it doesn't seem as hard and sharp as you wanted it. Wobbling with cold energy, you put it down for the moment and craft yourself a suit of copper armor.
-1 Hunger, -1 Mana, All Copper depleted. Obtain Suit of Copper Armor and Frost Slime Sword. Transmutation Magic Rank 2: 2/20 EXP. Building Rank 0: 2/10 EXP.

feast on the rats and rabbits I caught, then ask if theres any way to help him undermine the spirit mage, or at least gain more power so as to keep them in check.
1+2 You eat a little bit before they reply. "The Spirit Mage has power over Life and Death. If you kill something that sufficiently represents each aspect, you will make her lose power. It cannot just be any undead or living creature, it must be a powerful one."
+3 Hunger. -1 Rabbit, -1 Rat. Diplomacy Rank 2: 10/20 EXP.

She could order me to die and I would drop dead right now. That she asking me to help her in a task instead of just telling me to do it... Of course I wish to help. I used to just want power to kill, just thinking of this as a payment for my magic. But now, my body, spirit and mind are dedicated to fullfill Sepa's wishes. If she needs my strenght to ascend, I would willingly give her the same power I sacrificed my soul for.
Confess that I was honestly indifferent to her attemps to kill the others, as they aren't actually my friends and we just seemingly worked towards a common goal separately. Ask her what has to be done for her to finally reach godhood, so we can stop the world from being destroyed and instead destroy her rivals together.

4 "It has become clear that through fighting, there is a way to make them lose power," she replies. "They each have two aspects of their element, as do I. The two for each are as follows... For Air, it is Wind and Lightning. For Earth it is Ground and Nature. For Fire, it is Flame and Ash. For Water, it is Cold and Liquid. For me, it is Life and Death. If you hunt down a strong elemental creature that represents each of the others, you can make them weak whilst I remain strong. Let me lend you some more knowledge, my love, so that you can become stronger as well."
-1 Hunger. Necromancy Rank 1: 3/15 EXP. Gain Spell: Create Undead (5+ Mana, can only cast at Night, only works on corpses)

Ask the other goblin what loot they have inside, and if they have Lady Avita's bauble.
6 "Y-yes... there is much loot to be had, but it is guarded by our master," they tell you, pointing deeper into the cave. "We gave the shiny necklace to the dragon that rules over us, because if we don't bring him shinies, he will eat us."
-1 Hunger. Diplomacy Rank 0: 8/10 EXP. There is now a Dragon at the end of the tunnel.

If this world is to end.. Scry the Location of more divination scrolls. Also, eat some baked fish.
1+2 You scry and find the location of some more ruins in the mountains to the north. You eat some fish.
+2 Health, +2 Hunger, -5 Mana. -1 Cooked fish. Divination Magic Rank 0: 6/10 EXP. Ruins in the mountains registered.

Welp, guess I'm still not fully recovered. Eat some food, share some with Beary Bob, meditate to recover mana and spirit while thinking of a way to sew up the void rip in the veil.
2+2 You recover a bit more and try to think of ways to seal the void. You figure that if you channel enough energy into some kind of ritual, you might be able to heal the sky.
Health, Hunger, Mana and Spirit Replenished, All food consumed. Spirit Magic Rank 2: 14/20 EXP.

Hearts, Minds and Stomachs:
1.) Keep the faithful assured that the great dragon and I will do all we can:
A.) Perform a miracle to give the crowd food, "The Great Dragon's Faithful Bounty."
B.) Plant berries I am carrying, along with Jerra in those parts I left around the statute to grow plants. (There are plantables available somehow, get them, diplomacy, whatever. It's all paid back). 
C.) Cast Plant growth to create berry bushes and food.
D.) Restock (berries), but then give to the crowd
2.) Frame the Miracle: Credit to Great Dragon and Special thanks to Lady Avita.

6+1 The people are smarter than you give them credit for, and they know it's you that did the miracle, not the Great Dragon. Some start worshiping you instead... You feel power starting to course through your veins, as belief in this world holds more power than you realized. Of course since it was showing your power over nature, The Earth Mage becomes enraged and appears before you. "You dare try to take my place from the pantheon? Consider yourself my sworn enemy, and expect my minions to descend upon your precious village."
-1 Hunger, Mana Depleted. Earth Magic Rank 5. Next Rank: 22/40 EXP. Worshiped by Dragoncrown Village (some): +1 to Becoming a God. The Earth Mage: Hated.

Heal someone in the crowd of Great Dragon Worshipers.
5 You heal someone in the crowd. Turns out they know how to patch up wounds with magic as well, and also gave you some bread.
Health Replenished. Obtain Bread x1. Spirit Magic Rank 1. Next Rank: 9/15 EXP. Diplomacy Rank 1: 5/15 EXP. Friends with Local Healer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 05:28:23 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 14, 2018, 04:52:02 pm »

Fashion another Kosjenka that will mine specifically for amethyst, using the ores gathered by Tim, or shape object on a pile of Earth.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 14, 2018, 05:37:52 pm »

Kill the goblin. Eat it and its compatriot until full. Rest until fully healed. Then meet the dragon.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 72