Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 219017 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars
« Reply #285 on: October 11, 2017, 09:49:30 am »

There's not much to see
https://imgur.com/a/EDVGs

He said, casually doubling the amount of enemies on the map  :P

Incidentally, this brings the original ratio guard:slave up to 12:21. Those slaves must be pretty formidable to warrant so many armed guards. All the better for us...

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 11, 2017, 10:41:25 am »

"Glorious Revolutionary Capitalist Vanguard successfully recruited." Abu reported proudly, giving his best salute (which was still pretty poor by any standards).
"So, should we follow after them and give them cover, or shall we leave them be and approach the enemy from another angle, si- I MEAN SARGE?"
"Outstanding work convincing the savages, Abu. I'm sure the sheer capitalistic fervour will protect our new meat from the pinko bullets. We will provide them with covering fire from a nominal distance."

Als move to the left along the outside of the building, hugging the wall. Fire upon the guards in the tower if I have a shot, or really any guard that I have a shot at.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 11, 2017, 09:43:30 pm »

Can I "reload" my spell cards before switching gangs?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:07:43 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 11, 2017, 10:03:33 pm »

Look around to see if there is any part of the room that is structurally more stable than the rest.

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 12, 2017, 05:51:22 am »

Close in and slay the guard.

Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 12, 2017, 06:14:19 am »

Curse, and retreat back away from Raven.  Hopefully she'll stay down, and if she doesn't, well, Corven prolly can't save her anyway.

If the slaves are having trouble getting into the tower, enchant the door or a section of the wall with "Ammunition", to destroy it, and enter.  If they're doing fine on their own, charge in behind them.  Either way, I want to end the turn inside, with the slaves.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 12, 2017, 06:55:05 am »

Curse, and retreat back away from Raven.  Hopefully she'll stay down, and if she doesn't, well, Corven prolly can't save her anyway.

If the slaves are having trouble getting into the tower, enchant the door or a section of the wall with "Ammunition", to destroy it, and enter.  If they're doing fine on their own, charge in behind them.  Either way, I want to end the turn inside, with the slaves.

((I think the guard tower is in the upper-right corner of the map, just above where Nik is right now (those 4 grey boxes are the guard tower 'legs'). I think that's way too far away from you to get there in one turn, no?))

Quote from:  from pw, addressing Nik
Quote from:  from Nik's action last turn
Sneak into charge range (i.e. close enough to close in and attack in melee next turn, assuming stationary target and that I don't have enough speed to reach them this turn). Try to hide behind corners (of the warehouse, or those ?crates? to the north) until it is time to attack.
The things to the north are the legs of a guard tower, the tower currently raining fire down on your teammates. You continue to sneak up on the guard and get dang close to him. Next turn he'll be wide open.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 12, 2017, 09:33:44 am »

"Hey, like, here's a question: do we really wanna let the guy who grinds up his buddies into our gang?"
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 12, 2017, 09:41:57 am »

"Hey, like, here's a question: do we really wanna let the guy who grinds up his buddies into our gang?"

"WHAAAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU FROM ALL THE WAY OVER THEEERE! YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UUUUP!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 12, 2017, 01:49:52 pm »

Quote from: Self Explainatory
18:45:45 <Devastator> Oh, ER, could you do orders for me in Cabal?
18:46:03 <Devastator> I want thag to whack the guy on the right side of the top floor with his rock.
18:46:32 <Ethereal_Rooster> I haven't been following your side much.
18:46:51 <Devastator> Just quote that and it'll be sufficient.
18:46:56 <Ethereal_Rooster> And I'm the best at dying in RTD.
18:47:38 <Ethereal_Rooster> You can't post on forums right now?
18:48:16 <Devastator> Yeah, out at the farm again.
18:48:21 <Ethereal_Rooster> K

Thag: use the rock on the man to the east.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 01:55:49 pm by Egan_BW »
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 12, 2017, 05:30:11 pm »

Raven motions to the nearest slave from the ground.
"Hey dude. Would you be a dear and shoot that dude who shot me with my rifle. I would do it myself, but I'm a lousy shot."

Convince a nearby slave to grab my gun and use it to shoot the guy who shot me. Reminder that my pot roll to make those was an 8, on a 2-word spell. Which if I'm not mistaken means the bullets are [pot+6], and thus super fucking powerful.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

((I know who my next character will be when if Raven dies, now. Might even start a new gang so I can have good words. ;P))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #296 on: October 13, 2017, 12:23:18 pm »

I have no mapping program here, so we're just gonna have to slum it for a turn or two while I'm out of town.

Look around to see if there is any part of the room that is structurally more stable than the rest.

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)

The edges seem the best; the combination of acid and distortion dust are eating away the middle and side of the room but the edges are still sound, or at least as sound as they can be.  And you're basically up against one edge so this is about as good as you can get.

Move out from under the collapsing structure: Move to 04, 10. Examine the melding wood and stone from afar. What is happening there?
Cast [Feline][BlackBiometal]

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)
You step back out of the way and look up. If you had to guess, someone just used "Dust" and its currently eating through the damn floor via randomizing interactions.
[3][1]

Your spell produces a creature much like the one used by your gang leader, but only slightly larger than a house cat. It sits there on its haunches for a moment, eyeless face scanning as it licks its lips with a black metal tongue. Then it promptly stands up, stretches, and takes off at an even trot, completely ignoring you and everything else, disappearing  around one of the gate doors. Hmm.

Quote from: Self Explainatory
18:45:45 <Devastator> Oh, ER, could you do orders for me in Cabal?
18:46:03 <Devastator> I want thag to whack the guy on the right side of the top floor with his rock.
18:46:32 <Ethereal_Rooster> I haven't been following your side much.
18:46:51 <Devastator> Just quote that and it'll be sufficient.
18:46:56 <Ethereal_Rooster> And I'm the best at dying in RTD.
18:47:38 <Ethereal_Rooster> You can't post on forums right now?
18:48:16 <Devastator> Yeah, out at the farm again.
18:48:21 <Ethereal_Rooster> K

Thag: use the rock on the man to the east.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
Thag gets up, manages to shake off the pain and dash through the darkness without falling down the ladder. He emerges on the other side of the darkness and attempts to drive his chip of stone straight into the man's forehead. [3v4] The man sees it coming and backpedals, the sharp stone hissing pass and missing his nose by inches. [1v1] The man attempts to fight back, swinging his rifle at Thag's head. Thag ducks and the rifle smacks the wall with a heavy wooden thud.

There's the sound of heavy boots and the man with the sword and the metal skull cap stomps out of the darkness and into the lower left corner of the room, looking around and attempting to get his bearings.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 13, 2017, 12:31:28 pm »

((I know who my next character will be when if Raven dies, now. Might even start a new gang so I can have good words. ;P))
If you do start a new gang, I'd probably be willing to join it.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 13, 2017, 12:40:18 pm »

Yeah, that's about what I expected

Wait for the collapse. Keep my rifle ready. if an enemy appears, and i have a clear shot, and they aren't hurtling to their death, shoot. Otherwise, just chill.

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #299 on: October 13, 2017, 12:47:14 pm »

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

I have achieved great power! To celebrate, stand outside, focus on something quite a distance away (and point as much of my body as I can towards that point), and cast an Animate Dead Machine Erupt from ground Blood Spike When near death/dies Wall spell with a -10 POT penalty.

So... Mission complete?

If I decided to make my own gang and not join Syv's gang, what cards would this tile produce?

Well, you wouldn't get this tile because the mission to get it was with another gang that no longer exists. Also I can't tell you the words this or any other space produces. They have a large list that they randomly draw from.

Your magic activates and you feel it effect you but can't tell what happened.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 114