Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Fortress]  (Read 12688 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. [The Fortress]
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2017, 03:42:41 pm »

((Dunno if I should bring realism into this, but doing stuff like climbing while in plate isn't actually very hard. On the other hand, realistically plate armor would make it pretty hard to sneak around. And would probably be a lot more expensive than in this game. :P))
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2017, 05:04:35 pm »

Pull out my bow and aim for the guard helping the other up, aim for his knees.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(( The guards are both up, running after you along the rampart ))

((Dunno if I should bring realism into this, but doing stuff like climbing while in plate isn't actually very hard. On the other hand, realistically plate armor would make it pretty hard to sneak around. And would probably be a lot more expensive than in this game. :P))
(( Your reality has no power here D< ! ))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2017, 05:09:20 pm »

((Hmm so not enough time to draw and fire before they catch up to me?))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2017, 05:15:29 pm »

((No, you can act first, but they'll be on you after your action barring some crazy crack shooting from you and Egan. I.e you shoot an arrow and then they'll attack you ))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2017, 06:04:50 pm »

Follow voice, climb tower.

((sorry for lateness, stupid sleep.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2017, 07:05:20 pm »

((No, you can act first, but they'll be on you after your action barring some crazy crack shooting from you and Egan. I.e you shoot an arrow and then they'll attack you ))
((Well, that is why I want to aim for their knees))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2017, 04:11:08 pm »

Plant my bow, take aim, and snipe one of the guards chasing Atyr.
You plant the bottom limb of your bow into the dirt, and take aim at one of the guards currently running across the rampart.
[STEALTH ATTACK: 4+2] Your aim is slightly off, and instead of catching the guard center-mass, you hit the rear-most guard in the upper leg, [D10 for Damage: 10-5(Armour)] and the bolt sinks deep into his flesh. He calls out in agony, and has to stop his pursuit. He currently is leaning against the outside parapet.

You aim for the front-most guard's knees, which happens to be the one you ambushed atop the tower.
[ [8](Attack) vs [10](Block) ] His gauntlet rises with almost in-human speed, deflecting the arrow past him. Unfortunately, that deflection puts the other guard directly in the arrow's trajectory!
[1] He attempts to copy his friends actions, raising his sword-hand's gauntlet. Unfortunately, all he accomplishes is tossing his sword into the moat below as the arrow impacts him dead-center chest [D15 for damage: 3-5(Armour)], and is sent ricocheting harmlessly off of his armour.

The front-most guard reaches your location, and directs a downward swing at you with his sword,
[ [4+1](Attack) vs [4+2](Dodge) ] which you easily sidestep.

He takes a step back, and prepares for the next flurry.

I have a suspicion that attempting to climb a wall wearing full plate armor would result in comical misadventures. My alternative, however, is to bluff the guards at the gate.

Go to the tower with the rope and carefully, slowly, climb. Let the kobold go first if he is so inclined. Upon reaching the top, or falling to the ground, switch equipment from shield to one handed sword. Use Titan's Grip, to gain the two handed attack modifier on my bastard sword of bleeding.

Spoiler: Brutus (click to show/hide)
(( The Grappling hook gives you an auto-success for climbing ))

You slowly climb the rope, taking your time to be extra careful of not falling and crushing your new Kobold friend. After a few minutes of laborious  climbing, you reach the top, and pull yourself onto the rampart. Once you are situated, you hook your shield onto your back, draw a one-handed sword, and wield the Bastard in the other.

To the east, you can see one guard, injured, leaning on a parapet. Past him, you see another guard bearing down on an elf that you recognize as Atyr.

Follow voice, climb tower.

((sorry for lateness, stupid sleep.))
You quickly climb the rope after Brutus has made it to the top, doing so in half the time as your behemoth of a friend. You quickly lift yourself up onto the rampart.

To the east, you can see one guard, injured, leaning on a parapet. Past him, you see another guard bearing down on an elf that you recognize as Atyr.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2017, 04:18:47 pm »

From stealth, shoot the guard attacking Atyr with my short bow.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2017, 04:34:27 pm »

Now that he's standing still, shoot the injured guard in the head.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2017, 04:43:04 pm »

Fall back and prepare to dodge the next bow and then trip the man by kicking his knees
And try to distract them by saying "oh shit, what's that " and look behind them, if that by some chance works shank them with an arrow and question people's intelligence..

« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 08:34:26 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2017, 07:24:37 pm »

auto success, huh? Well that made that decision easier.

If I can get to him while his back is turned, go chuck the wounded guard over the edge. Otherwise, just stab him a few times. If he's dead and I still have actions left, attack the other guard in the usual way.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2017, 01:07:19 am »

From stealth, shoot the guard attacking Atyr with my short bow.
You take aim at the un-suspecting guard that is bearing down upon Atyr.
[STEALTH ATTACK: 7] You arrow flies straight and true, impacting the guard in the center of his back, [D10 for damage: 6-5(Armour)] and just barely piercing his armour. He yelps in pain as the arrow lodges itself into his muscles. He turns and takes note of you, shouting for the other guard to be careful.

Now that he's standing still, shoot the injured guard in the head.
You take aim at the guard currently bent over the parapets, and unleash another arrow from your greatbow.
[STEALTH ATTACK: 10+2] The arrow thunders out from the bow, striking the guard full force in the center of his helmet, [D15 for damage: 15-5(Armour)], passing through the guards head and flying out the other side. A fair amount of his brain goes with it.

Guard 4 has been struck down!

Fall back and prepare to dodge the next bow and then trip the man by kicking his knees
And try to distract them by saying "oh shit, what's that " and look behind them, if that by some chance works shank them with an arrow and question people's intelligence..

You step back, and attempt to trick the guard by pointing behind him.
[6] He hesitates for a quick second, and looks over his shoulder.

While pondering Human's stupidity, you direct a kick at his knees,
[STEALTH: 7] He grunts as the blow strikes him, and falls backwards.

auto success, huh? Well that made that decision easier.

If I can get to him while his back is turned, go chuck the wounded guard over the edge. Otherwise, just stab him a few times. If he's dead and I still have actions left, attack the other guard in the usual way.

You intended to throw the man on the parapets over, but after seing what appeared to be a javelin take his brain for a trip across the fortress, decide the now downed man is a far better target. You bellow a battlecry and charge, directing both of your blades in a brutal downward swing at the fallen guard.
[7+5] The blades impact his chest plate with a sickening sound, [D15 for damage: 8-5] and shear directly through. The runes on your bastard sword glow as they do, and you immediately see blood begin to pool underneath him. [Status Gained: Severe Bleeding]

He struggles to even breath; its likely you destroyed both of his lungs with this blow.

(( Egan, please chill with the Nat 15 damage roll ))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2017, 01:28:02 am »

Holy shit, that's awesome.

Pick up my bow and proceed up the castle wall via grappling hook.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2017, 01:33:37 am »

Re-engage stealth. Call upon mental map of the area.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2017, 07:24:56 am »

Time to interogate the dying guard, if he refuses to answer stab him in the hands, then heal him.
"Alright you can tell us about the guards here, traps, and things in this castle and you'll live and walk off into that forest or you can die here slowly as I'll keep you right on the brink of death tearing you bit by bit with my knife nd healing you jusssst enough to keeo you alive
,"[/color]
Shoot the guy south of me with an arrow.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 12:06:03 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8