Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 216186 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [14] - Turn 15
« Reply #525 on: February 05, 2018, 03:04:43 pm »

Did someone say CRUSADE!?
A crusade? That's what Terrence is here for!
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 05, 2018, 03:22:35 pm »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 07, 2018, 10:45:34 am »

Flourine could feel the night air on her skin. Could feel the wind and feel her own smirk. Her own annoyance at dealing with the being from earlier. Flickering about for a few moments?

Taking a rest in a nice spring or somewhere comfy wouldent be bad.

Let's find somewhere comfy to sleep/Rest.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 13, 2018, 05:20:18 pm »

Next turn on Thursday/Friday!

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 13, 2018, 05:27:17 pm »

HYPE!
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 13, 2018, 05:29:08 pm »

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 21, 2018, 03:17:15 pm »

Hype?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 21, 2018, 03:22:04 pm »

Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [14] - Turn 16
« Reply #534 on: March 05, 2018, 06:30:04 am »

Turn 16:

Turn 15

Terrence the Bone Baron - (ironsnake345)
"I'd gladly assist in your endeavors if you would do the same for me! Then it is agreed. I shall help you take leave of this place, and in exchange receive your assistance in my quest to conquer."

If the undead rider has a proposed direction or method of travel, follow along. If not, just keep going the same way I'd been going. Best way out of any given location is to pick a direction and just keep walking.

Upon hearing your answer, the armored centauric undead nodded.
"So be it. May our cooperation be fruitful for us both. Now allow me to celebrate our better reunion with presentations. You may address me as Vel, which may have been my living self's name."

Flavor Roll: [3]

The rider Vel didn't have a specific direction to suggest. You could also tell he would refuse were letting you ride on its back were you to even ask. And so, both of you walked together, forward into the mystic fog...

Luck Roll: [1]

For a while, only the sound of your steps seemed to disturb the usual silence of the deadland. Neither you nor the Rider spoke a lot, instead being focused on any clue that could help you orient yourselves.

You reached some sort of wide mound, weapons and broken remains of metal or flesh were scattered all over. As you noticed this alarming detail, both of you stopped straight. Your non-existent guts started acting, reminding you of a familiar feeling...

Ah yes, an instinctive fear.

Then there was the howl. The distinct howl that all undead of the deadland feared, the "Call of the Armor". You could feel its presence somewhere in front of you.

Flavor Roll: [3]

Apart from the mound, there weren't any visible points of interests around you. Nothing but the fog, the land, some small pale shrubs and a dead tree trunk.

Nearby Monsters:
-Vel, the Dead Rider: [Friendly/Ally]
-The Armor: [Hostile to all that live and unlive]
> In front, precise location unknown

Spoiler: Terrence Status (click to show/hide)

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
((I literally shivered with excitement for a bit when I noticed the new turn.))

Eximius ponders the idea for a moment.

"Hm. Veras should be fine, feel free to tell him. But keep in mind that some people covet power and knowledge. If it becomes known that you own a sentient weapon I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to take me for themselves for whatever purpose. It happened before."

Try to take a better look at those restraints. Can I figure out any way to release them? If not, check on them every now and then from this point onwards to see if they're weakening.

Prias resolutly replied:
"Veras isn't like that, I trust him. Everyone in this village do."

And added with an ounce of doubt:
"Though... I understand what you mean. Even though, I believe in Veras."

Limiter analysis:
Action Roll (17): [3]
Outcome Roll: [6] -Partial Success-

These restraints were familiar to you, but you still couldn't remember how. They were woven into the young man's power, it was clear they were there since the day he was born. Releasing them was not an impossible task, probably. In time, you would remember how, or lacking that, you would discover.

Probably.

(...)

Eventually, Prias was discharged, having recovered enough strength to walk. There wasn't much for him to do, as he still hadn't healed enough to help with any form of work. Not that anyone would have willingly let him anyway.

As such, he went straight for Veras's house, intending to reveal your identity in private.

Prias stopped at the doorstep, his resolution waning. You could have a guess of his thoughts, given what you felt from his state of mind. Doubt, naturally. Fear of rejection. Fear of betrayal, of disappointment...

You gave him some encouraging words. With his heart bolstered, he smiled and stepped forward.

Veras quickly came to greet his visitor. He was somewhat surprised to see Prias so soon.
"Can I help you Prias? I didn't expect to see you again so soon, you should take some rest. Though you can walk, you still need to recover.

Some mundane talk ensued, as Prias joked about his resilience and luck, with Veras following the flow and reminiscing about the various hotheads he met throughout his life. And then Prias dropped the matter.
"Veras. Actually, there is something I must reveal to you."

The solemn tone took Veras off-guard. He could only muster an unprepared "Yes?.."

"When I killed the Gargarm... I wasn't alone."

Veras only nodded, listening closely. Prias expired softly, then rising his hand at face level, he showed off the glistening ring on his finger.
"My ally... was this ring. His name is Eximius Res."

Flavor Roll: [5]

Against all expectations, Veras was calm and composed. He just told Prias to tell his story, and listened without interrupting him once. Prias told him everything, your meeting in the mountain, the fight with the Gargarm...

When Prias was done telling his story, Veras spoke.
"Do not be mistaken, I am very, well, extremely surprised. First off, thank you for watching over Prias, Sir Eximius. Could I speak with you? There are things I need to ask."

You had a hunch Veras was more knowledgeable than you expected.

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
Stay hidden until the creature leaves. Then, start looking for yet another host. Third time's the charm !

[[I'm starting to consider retiring this little guy to go back to my vampire monster, seeing as he isn't exactly the most efficient guy around...]]

Hide:
Action Roll (7): [19]
Outcome Roll: [5] -Overshoot-

You lay down in the safety of the trunk, focusing on erasing your presence. You can hear angry stomps as the predator attempts to find you, to no avail. Eventually overcome with frustration, it decides to trash the place around before leaving.

Crushing shrubs, smashing rocks on nearby trees, slamming and splitting heavy branches... Your trunk also get targeted, and some smashed wood crush your body, wounding you slightly.

-2HP

Event Roll: [3]

The furious amphibian eventually leaves after having vented its anger. You scan the surrounding mess. It seems no creature got attracted by the noise.

Search for a new host:
Luck Roll: [6]

You resume searching for your lifeline, a new host. You don't even need to venture far, as you quickly come across a group of monsters from the same species. Tall ape-like creatures with fur covering their bodies from head to toes. They have a crocodilian head, with vicious fangs.

Most are lazing around, with one apparently keeping watch.

Nearby Monsters:
-Adult Makralians: Predator

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)

Neophytos the Sole Survivor, Psychic Pain Spider (randomgenericusername)
"Indeed, my lord. They came from the mountains without any warning and just murdered everything they could. I was the only one who survived between those who decided to fight back to protect the evacuees.
Demons are unlike monsters. They were very sttong, enough to slay the protector of the forest Darakion the Shegarian Dragon. They used fire magic and... The screams of the forest still haunt my mind. They just killed and burned, enjoying our suffering."

Try to remember the massacre. Describe the demons I fought against and their abilities.

As you told your story, fascinated and worried whispers started rising across the room. The imposing Veleshk listened with a very interested look.

Once you finished your tale, he rose its claw and all murmurs stopped.
"The tale of a survivor. I hope you all listened well. We are grateful for your insightful story, envoy Neophytos. To know of other forces of the world is vital for a growing nation. One day, we may have to face these conquerors... And as strong as they may be, we will make sure to pleasantly surprise them, hmhm..."

The amused humming of the Overlord was followed by laughters from the numerous retainers. Finally, Velesh said to you.
"You may now return to your people to seal the agreement. We will look forward to cooperating with you."

And thus ended your audience with the ruler of the Arachnastinians. You were led outside by the same monsters that accompanied you: Kelechikara and the silent soldiers whose name you didn't know.

Was there anything you wished to say or do before making the trip back?

Nearby Monsters:
-Kelechikara, Arachnastinian Diplomat Allied
-Arachnastinian Soldiers Allied
-Numerous Arachnastinian

The Azarian Project, the Thoughling (Dustan Hache)
See if I can sneak past them at all. If it doesn't look possible, try to get a taste of one of their minds without alerting the others. Maybe interact with some of those other beings of thought, get an idea of their intent relative to mine.

Sneaking:
Action Roll (13): [3]
Outcome Roll: [3] -Failure-

You study the surrounding of the Ogre camp, attempting to find a blind spot in their surveillance system. And surprisingly, you don't find any. They seem rather well organized for their rustic appearance.

Flavor Roll: [6]

You determine that tasting one of their mind would be an easy task, but as they are all working in pair, you also deem the deed a bit risky. The chance of alerting others is high...

Interaction: (Previous [5])
You approach a nearby "being of thought". Lacking a concise physical body, it manifests itself as some fickle dust-brown mist. It seems very fragile, and distance itself from physical creatures. The being attempts to articulate something, only managing to create simple sounds and words.

For some reason, you can tell the creature is weak, like drained. You connect to its dispersed mind, and communicate.
"Fellow residue of mind, welcome. Did you heed because of the call? Oh... you did not. Good. Yours is still intact. Unlike me. Some of us. Most of us wants to take back what the intruders are stealing from us. And more."

Understanding:
Action Roll (10): [18]
Outcome Roll: [1] -Success-

The being lets you probe further in. This one had a stronger presence a few days ago, and it seems something drew this one and many others to some place. There, their energy was drained by the Ogre Shamans.

Some yearn for vengeance, some yearn for survival. And some yearn for power. But despite all having the same goal, they are disorganized, and still affected by some power coming from the Ogre camp.

Nearby Visible Monsters:
-3 Ogres Scouts: [Hostile]
-A One of Thought: [Neutral+]
-Several hidden beings: [Neutral+]

The Protoquin (Failbird105)
Protoquin
Get out of this place, just leave.

Flavor Roll: [5]

There are some places even nightmares should avoid. And you deem this is one of them.

As you leave this place of rock and white, you feel the wind blowing more softly, welcoming you. The ground, the sun, everything feels different from there. Alive.

The sky quickly darkens, the wind blows faster and everything accelerates around you. In what seems like an instant to you, several hours have passed and the night has set. Despite your temporal perception problem, you feel fine. Maybe it was just your fatigue, or this corruptive presence, or the fact that you left that place. Or all at once.

Not wishing to dwell to much on that matter, you resume walking. And attracted by something, like a bee to a flower, you head in a specific direction.

After a short while, you come across a sleeping creature. Or is it even alive?

It looks like an articulated pantin of porcelain, with seven limbs and one head with a single closed eye.

Nearby Visible Monsters:
-a white Dandakara: Sleeping

Spoiler: The Protoquin Status (click to show/hide)

Theta, the Wolf (Rautherdir)
Investigate one of the ruins. Ignore other monsters for now.

[Bonus to next action +4]

Ruins investigation:
Action Roll (10): [1]+4 [Bonus]
[Instant Epic Fail]

[Bonus saved for next non-combat action]

You approach one of the ruins. Broken walls of rock, human-made structures overtaken by vegetation... People probably lived here in the past.

Before you can investigate more closely, you pick up a familiar scent coming from one of the ruined buildings. It smells of ash and blood... And of demons. You are confident there is at least one demon in the dilapidated building standing before you.

You then sense movements coming from a different place, somewhere behind you. Or is it to your right?

Spoiler: Theta Status (click to show/hide)

Go'Von, the Strangler Ooze (Puppyguard)
Go'Von
Keep travelling as normal.

You keep creeping forward, normally. You haven't crept a meter forward that a large shadow leaps on your position!

Dodge!:
Action Roll (13): [13]
Outcome Roll: [5] -Overshoot-

You barely leap away from your aggressor, a blue six-legged creature with a large mouth on the underside of its body. It does look a bit like a starfish, in a way. Fetid saliva is dripping from its mouth.

Your dodge has put your to a disadvantage, there is no nearby escape, nor hiding spot.

Nearby visible Monsters:
-Leaping Mouth: Hungry

Spoiler: Go'Von Status (click to show/hide)

Aspred Bagrid, the Enormous Catfish Serpent (GigaGiant)
Aspred Bagrid, the Enormous Catfish Serpent

Lunge at the Giant Shrimp and tear it to shreds. Devour whatever remains.

Combat Roll (Str 2 vs Con 1): [8] vs [11]-2 (Badly Wounded)
Critical Roll: [10] -Critical Counterattack-
Damage: [6]

You lunge at the Giant Shrimp with ferocity. And in a typical display of desperation, the barely dodges you in its wounded state. Summoning more energy than its state would let you guess, the monster then snatch you with its functioning claw. It then proceeds to viciously drill into your flesh with harpoon-ended mouth appendages.

Nearby Monsters:
-Giant Shrimp-like monster: Mangled / Badly Wounded
Appearance: a shrimp like creature with marine blue shell.

Spoiler: Aspred Bagrid Status (click to show/hide)

Gordy the Toothbaby (Paxiecrunchie)
I slowly climb into the canopy in an attempt to get a better view of this bizarre meadow I continue to stay silent trying to size up and locate the ruler of this place. If necessary I find a tree hollow and wait the night. If the beast never directly shows Itself by the next morning I call out a challengeI am Gordy soon to be king of the toothbabies, fang children and their kin, join me willingly and join in my glory or fall below me and join the grand records of history.

Nothing disturbs you as you climb up the trees toward the canopy. Nothing disturbs you as you study the curious place.

You stay alert, and keep observing the place for the owner of these grounds.

Flavor Roll: [4]
Eventually a bored voice comes out.
"No good. You won't make a good meal."

There is a slittering sound, but you still can't seem to see anything. The voice is getting closer.
"No meat. No power. And probably tasteless too..."

And suddenly a giant cobra appears right in front of you starting from the head and ending with the tip of its tail.
"What is it you want, if not be eaten?"

You can feel strength and confidence radiating from this monster. You take a closer look at it. A giant cobra with everchanging patterns. Its mostly red scales are very small, but nonetheless sturdy looking. It dwarfs an elephant in size.

Nearby Monsters:
-The Unseen Naga: Hostile?

Spoiler: Gordy's Status (click to show/hide)

Squelchy, the Omnislime (Coolrune206)
Squelchy squishes his body low, attempting to prostrate before the creature. It communicates through pheromones:

Constructing a temple in your honor, though we must admit we planned on using it for shelter as a dual purpose.

With a mocking tone, the great monster says:
"A temple? What a formidable idea, really, I am deeply moved. I guess that forgives everything, right?"

Flavor Roll: [4]

The slimes tremble in worried anticipation of what is to come. You stay strong, and mentally ready yourself for anything. Then Jeruga grunts.
"What a joke... Look at you pitiful little ones, now I pass for the bad one in the story. Do I look really that bad?"

Not expecting any answer, the monster answers to its own question:
"Definitely, I guess."

There is no real change in reaction from the slimes, and the energized monster now sighs.
"Some of you smell of Arachnastinians too. Seriously... I will let you off the hook for today. You can't stay here, okay? This place is, well, my property. I guess you didn't know, it does happen sometimes. Grm. Just leave before tomorrow. There are nice places a bit further north -not as nice as this one, naturally-. That should be enough for your clique."

It then started mumbling to itself, saying things like "I really need to find a way for random passersby to stop squatting at my place..."

The monster then starts heading back toward its lair, not before picking up a few fruits. The slimes that managed to recover are now looking at each others quizzically.

Nearby Monsters:
-A lot of friendly slimes: Scared!
-Jeruga, Master of the Orchard: Annoyed

Spoiler: Squelchy Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
"Yes, we'll probably manage to use that - although without more extensive research, I doubt we'll be able to unlock even a mere fraction of its potential."

Ulkas hummed and turned to explain his findings to companion:

"This equipment seems to belong to some sort of mining facility. Armor is very interesting piece of magical art long forgotten, but I fear it is 'locked' from unathorized usage. Tool seems more promising, but it has many modes of work - I can't quite imagine all of them - and I have not figured how to use it offensively just yet... My mind does not even have right words or meanings to comprehend it fully. Yet."

"It is somewhat safe here, so I'll try to get a rough feeling of the room and decide where to proceed. As before, be ready to stop me from the worst of information overload."

Try to get an overall "feel" of the room, without distracting myself with smaller details. If it succeeds, try to sort mental map a bit, interconnecting points from recent events, journal and memory of entire complex.

Astrosa listens to you with an uneasy expression.
"Really, I can't understand how you manage to enjoy your discoveries given the situation. I don't know if that's admirable or foolish... Either way, be careful. Don't forget that we are still in hostile territory"

It was as clear as day that she couldn't shake off her unease. Well, for her to keep her guard up was a good thing you thought. If you were to lose yourself, she would drag you back to reality. As such, you didn't feel worried.

A feel of the room:
Action Roll (15): [13] (Expansive Mind +2 Intelligence +2 Bonus +2)
Outcome Roll: [2] -Success-

The vast storage room felt dormant, but still alive in a way. Did the tools of this place slumber for aeons, waiting to eventually be awakened once more? You mused a bit over this, and then resumed your analysis.

Yes. Alive was the word. This room, and all the others, were not inert. In a way, you were inside a "living organism". For some reason, thinking this made your head clear a bit, as if this mere thought cleared away some of the locks over your understanding of the complex. You felt you made a step closer toward understanding the logic behind this place.

And with that in mind, you managed to sort out a map in your head. It started making sense.

[Your understanding of the complex has increased. It will be easier to go to already visited places, and to other rooms of the first and second levels.]
Headache cleared

Now for the third level... The journal didn't have a lot of information about it, but the few it held helped you make out some of the obscure meaning of the mental map. The lower levels appear more chaotic in design, though the reason remains obscure to you.

You have a hunch about why the mental map is appearing distorted to you. There is a high possibility the complex can rearrange itself, and that the mental map you are seeing are several possible configurations all at once. There is probably more to it, but this theory seems plausible to you.

There are two large doors, and several smaller ones in the hangar. There are also several platforms of various sizes around the room, and your mind is teeling you they are designed to transport goods. How though, you have no idea.

Event Roll: [4]
As time keeps passing, nothing happens. Maybe you are no longer being chased?

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster (Beirus)
"No. He will serve as a measure of the strength of the world beyond the Steppe. If I want to continue my travels with Brown safely, I need to know that I have the strength to protect us. And perhaps I can teach this man some humility. Or learn some, if I am unable." Gray whispers back to Hinrab.

He then walks forward. "I would be honored to spar with you. The only weapon I use is my body, but I would not object to your use of a sparring weapon if you feel your body is not adequate." Gray responds to his opponent, his tone polite.

Agree to the challenge, allow my opponent to choose a weapon if he wants and allow him to make the first strike. Dodge it and counterstrike using my martial arts. Aim to hit him in the solar plexus or to knock the wind out of him, then try to follow up with a stronger strike to a vulnerable area. Use harden on my striking limb(s) as well to make my strikes more effective. If it would better my chances of counterattacking effectively and would not cause significant damage to me, allow his first strike to land on a hardened portion of my body instead of dodging, and maybe use the force of his strike to spin and add more force to my strikes. Make sure not to permanently cripple or kill my opponent. 

"Good, good! As per the Bartaka, you have accepted my challenge."

Yarek took a heavy polearm, and walked toward the designated area for the duel. Many fighters stopped their training or their sparring matches to come watch your fight. Some started making bets, others wondered if you were either a naive fool or a warrior who knew what he was doing.

One of the warrior stepped forward to oversee the fight. Extending his arms toward each fighter, he said in Ashafan:
"As per the Bartaka, you are to fight with honor before the eye of Run. Take your stance. Ready... Begin!"

You took your stance. Relaxed, closing your front with your left arm and leaving the rest of your angles purposefully open. Your right arm was ready to strike, and your feet lightly touched the ground to prepare for movement.

Yarek assumed an aggressive posture, polearm aiming toward you and body firmly rooted, as if absorbing power from the ground.

Both of you sized up each other. You had a strong and mysterious presence thanks to your full body nomad gear. Yarek was different from the initial rash individual. His eyes didn't underestimate you a bit, and for that, you were grateful.

He initiated an attack.

Yarek attack:
Combat Roll (Str 2 vs Con 2): [4]+2 (Range advantage) vs [10]+2 (Dancing Chaos Stance and other stuff)
Critical Roll: [8]+1 -Normal Counterattack-
Counterattack Roll (Str 1 vs Con 2): [10]+2 (Martial Art) vs [8]

The Ashafan propelled himself forward, nearly catching you off-guard. The heavy polearm pierced the air with speed and strength, flying straight toward your chest. But in a graceful and water like movement, you dodged the strike and quickly closed in with an exotic footstep.

The proud smile of Yarek quickly shifted to surprise then anger when he realized what an opponent you were. He attempted an elbow strike to punish you from entering into his range, but you had seen it coming.

You swiftly crouched, in a movement that looked like you "dissolved", and the strike flew over you. Immediately, you followed up with a swift and powerful hardened blow toward his solar plexus, cutting his breath short.

From the sensation you felt through your fist, you had won. You stood unmoving, and Yarek collapsed to his knees, barely managing to utter with a whistling voice: "bastaaard"

The fight was over in less than 10 seconds. The surrounding warriors broke into an unanimous acclamation. They called you a true warrior, and applauded your skill and humility.

Many Ashafan warriors then asked to spar with you next, and also inquired about where you learnt such exotic moves. They were genuinely amazed, and you felt a pride like you had never felt before. As you felt this, the barrier of human and monster seemed to have disappeared in your mind. Here, you were all warriors and martial artists.

After having recovered, Yarek praised you too.
"You are crazy good. That's what I get for trying to show off, hah. You taught me a lesson today, bastard. Thanks, and sorry for disrespecting you."

Not really expecting to be forgiven, he then prepared to leave.

Nearby Humans:
-Hinrab, Masen disciple: Friendly
-Yarek, Ashafan Warrior: An Ass
-Many Warriors: Friendly

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

Fluorine, the Harpie - (AbstractTraitorHero)
Flourine could feel the night air on her skin. Could feel the wind and feel her own smirk. Her own annoyance at dealing with the being from earlier. Flickering about for a few moments?

Taking a rest in a nice spring or somewhere comfy wouldent be bad.

Let's find somewhere comfy to sleep/Rest.

You had a very specific idea in mind. If you were to rest, it had to be somewhere comfy.

Flavor Roll: [6]
You quickly spotted a cave, and headed straight for it. Inside, you were shielded from the cold wind, and you could even feel some warmth coming from deeper in. After a quick investigation, the cave seemed uninhabited.

You quickly chose a good spot in the cave, close a warm rock. Curious rock indeed. You fell asleep, lulled by the soft warmth.

(...)

Several hours later, a movement woke you up. The warm stones were moving. You quickly lept back, and saw some sort of large canine made of rock get up. It stared at you curiously. It didn't seem hostile.

Nearby Monsters:
-Rock Doggo (temporary name) Neutral

Spoiler: Fluorine Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 03:41:19 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 16
« Reply #535 on: March 05, 2018, 06:31:58 am »

I'm so sorry for getting your hype up, and not following suit with my promise :(

I have been wasting time on a game when I should have written, and ended up using up all my free time.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 05, 2018, 07:31:04 am »

Squelchy was frustrated, but nothing could be done. Turning to his band of slimes, he communicated:

Eat your fill. We're heading North as soon as all are ready for travel.

Squelchy eats some fruits and then departs North with his band, using the sun's position as a reference point. He silently vowed to himself to return here when he was stronger and challenge Jeruga to allow the slimes to stay.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [14] - Turn 13
« Reply #537 on: March 05, 2018, 09:39:22 am »

"I just would like that a diplomat came with me to help explain the agreement and seal it with the Sylvarians. Having an Arachnastinian diplomat would help in case of any misunderstandings that could happen."
Request that a diplomat came back with me to discuss about the agreement with the Sylvarians and as a proof of trust from them.
Regardless of answer, prepare to leave.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 01:47:03 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 05, 2018, 11:02:32 am »

"You may call me Terrence. Since my awakening, it is the only name I found for myself."

Terrence continued on after exchanging names with Vel. A while later, the call of the armor was heard. Terrence cautiously readied his bone sword.

"The armor is here... Perhaps we should flee, though a thought comes to mind. Perhaps this armor is the source of your difficulty leaving this place. One way or another,
 we will find out. For now, you are the ruler of our pair. What is your decision, Vel?"

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 05, 2018, 01:46:12 pm »

Try to find an isolated Makralian and get near him while trying to avoid the guarding one's gaze. Once you are close, sting him and hide.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 99