Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 214860 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - [10 Places Reserved / Waitlist Open]
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2017, 01:12:31 am »

Spoiler: very traumatized bug (click to show/hide)
I think I had to add another trait and another skill. Fixed, also changed attribute from Con to Pow

Got it :)
There is just Frenzy that is bugging me out. Shouldn't the affected target attack anything in its vicinity, indiscriminately? Having it specifically targets allies and itself is Mind Control.
Well, it is a kind of limited mind control, like trying to channel their mindless anger into their allies. I guess something that is mad with anger would be easier to control, as long that I make them react accordingly (attack stuff). If you still think it's wrong, then maybe i could change it to just attack itself and not allies.

Also if the plant attack uses INT instead of POW because you mentioned psychic powers on it, then I would like to change that point from POW to INT
Okay, I think got what you mean :)

Tell me if I'm wrong. So the attack will make the target turns on its allies and itself. In short, it is a mind controlling/altering attack that makes it believe its allies are its enemies right? And also make them super pissed on top of that.

As for Silva Dolorem, it will use Power. I will remove the psychic power bit from the description I wrote to clear the confusion :)

I'm getting closer and closer to the status of fragile annihilator cannon. Hehehe...
And that's not counting Astrosa  ::)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The last player is in :)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2017, 01:33:23 am »

I'm getting closer and closer to the status of fragile annihilator cannon. Hehehe...
And that's not counting Astrosa  ::)

The last player is in :)
It's strange to be the last after I have held the title of oldest player still alive for a long time. Heh.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - [11 Active Players / 3 Waitlisted]
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2017, 06:07:05 am »

Yes, it is a mind altering attack, but I can't give them orders.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2017, 09:01:48 am »

Name: Squra
Species: Leach Snake
Appearance: A large snake reaching two meters in length it is a foot wide in some places and has molted camouflage that would easily blend in on a tree.
Attributes: increase two stats by 1 and decrease two other stats by 1 (apart from HP or MP)
HP: 10/10
MP: 10/10
Essence: 0/2

STR 1 -Strength : increases physical damage-
CON 0 -Constitution : increases physical resilience-

POW 0 -Power : increases special/magical damage-
RES 1 -Resistance : increases special/magical resilience-

INT -1 -Intelligence : increases your ability to submit others to your will-
IND -1 -Individuality : increases your ability to resist to others will-

Traits:
Crushing strength: If grabbed a victim has little to no chance of escape without help and will be slowly crushed without supernatural amounts of strength.

Skills:
Drain: Leach snakes get their name from this ability to drain mana from surroundings including of casters constricted.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - [11 Active Players / 3 Waitlisted]
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2017, 10:35:45 am »

I'm assuming I get to add 2 extra skills. If not then just remove the skills I added into the transformation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [14] - Turn 1 [A New Day]
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2017, 05:58:20 am »

Turn 1: A new day

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)

[1] Fate. A timeless notion, one that the events of your life formed a single thread... Eximius Res was musing on the nature of fate, destiny, and luck.

It has been months -years?- since his last wielder died from an unfortunate encounter with some toxic sludge dragon. Eximius Res had been wielderless for that long. To be fair, the ring had lost the notion of time after the first 5 years. He had been lost in this dark, howling valley for a while.

Fate was being a cruel mistress indeed.

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Fluorine, the Harpie - (AbstractTraitorHero)

[5] A gentle ray of sun skimmed on the the feathered body of the sleeping harpy. Opening her eyes slowly, she got up and stretched, a gentle breeze ruffling her silky white hair. A new day was starting.

She gazed at the remains of her last meal, licking her lips reminiscing of the taste of flesh. She had been eating her fill recently, but she wasn't satisfied. After all, It had been so long since she had the luxury to taste human flesh. Humans had become so much rarer since a few weeks, even though there used to be villages close by.

From her nest, she took a wide look at the surroundings. The mountains were starting to wake up, and soon creatures of the day would roam.

Suddenly, her heart skipped a beat.

In the distance, her sharp eyes picked a well-known figure. A man. Alone. A traveler? An adventurer? He was so far from home, what was he doing in these mountains? Who knows, for all she knew, Fluorine didn't care. It had been so long since her last meeting with a human.

Spoiler: Fluorine Status (click to show/hide)

The Azarian Project, the Thoughling (Dustan Hache)

[3] The land was barren, the trees charred, and the same ghastly fog floated above the ground. This dead land, The Azarian Project knew nothing of it. It only wandered, looking for beings of intelligence. All the creatures around there were dangerous beasts, with an unnatural desire to fight and kill.

There was nothing refined about it.

He had been heading south for days. He wondered, should he continue, or pick another direction?

Xizilitiz, the Lesser Angel (crazyabe)

[4] The Hive Mind said to fly, Xizilitiz would fly. The Hive Mind said to kill, Xizilitiz would kill. The Hive Mind said to die, Xizilitiz would die. The Hive Mind was its God, its everything. Its words were absolute.

Yesterday, the Mind told them to follow the setting sun. With three other Angels, they did. And today, they crossed a great river. The Mind told them that if they kept following the setting sun, they would encounter humans.

Now, what did the Mind say?

Spoiler: Xizilitiz Status (click to show/hide)

The Protoquin (Failbird105)

[2] The black humanoid woke up in a daze, holding its head. The Protoquin felt awful, as if it just woke up from an awful dream full of good feelings.

He was lost. With nowhere to go. The scenery around him was alien, unfamiliar. Sparse feathered pillars of some brown material. A chalk colored rock and ground. The Protoquin was in some hills filled with a few trees. The air around felt energetic, and the humanoid could feel it wasn't allow.

Spoiler: The Protoquin Status (click to show/hide)

Skree, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)

[3] Skee felt annoyed. The jungle had been invaded by monsters from the north recently, and territories were widely contested. The easy hosts were driven away, and only dangerous or unsuitable ones were left around.

He wasn't sure yet if he should also leave this part of the jungle, or try looking around for another day.

Spoiler: Skree Status (click to show/hide)

Squelchy, the Omnislime (Coolrune206)

[6] These days were... problematic. Squelchy managed to form a small community of slimes, bringing some form of prosperity to his blobby kin. But they had been so successful, that the food resources had been growing scarce. Squelchy was hungry.

He could attempt to stray off further away in search of sustenance, or keep looking at the same place.

Spoiler: Squelchy Status (click to show/hide)

Neophytos the Sole Survivor, Psychic Pain Spider (randomgenericusername)

[5] Neophytos remembered the day he survived. He thought valiantly with fellow monsters, and they lost. But when he woke up, only he breathed, and the forest was gone. Demons had burnt it to the ground, and started making the territories them. He then retreated to the south, managing to reunite with the evacuated monsters.

It was already a month ago. Many things happened in this period of time, but he was still respected for surviving, despite not being the strongest monster out there. The survivors of Elon Woods who didn't left the main group had formed a new community, mainly managed by the Sylvarians, who were experienced in the matter. Many surviving Sylvarian sacrificed themselves to give birth to a new Lifetree. This one was still a shrub, but it would grow strong.

What will Neophytos do?

Theta, the Wolf (Rautherdir)

[6] Theta had been very reckless the past days. She picked up a fight with creatures a bit too dangerous to be called a meal, and she was currently being tailed. Two enormous worm with chitinous skin and spines protruding from its body were chasing her.

Coming in that quarry was such a bad idea in hindsight.

Spoiler: Theta Status (click to show/hide)

Eron, the Phantom Musician (OceanSoul)

[1] Eron was lost in the desert. A sandstorm was raging, and he had no idea where he was going, or where to go for that matter.

He sensed danger, and hostility somewhere not far. North? West? East? South? Above? Below? It seemed everywhere. He felt like going in some random way would have the same effect as attempting to go somewhere.

Spoiler: Eron Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)

[4] Ulkas and his companion Astrosa had been gathering and following clues of Ancient ruins for the past weeks. First, they returned to investigate the Valernite Castle where Dovarus the Knight Spirit stood watch.

Reuniting with this old acquaintance proved valuable in informations. He learnt a lot about the past of Valern, about the war, about Dovarus' rage against the gods.
Unfortunately, the vault of the castle was off limit to them, as the Golden Sentinel wouldn't allow them to enter. She did share a part of her knowledge, and gave them the locations of various ruins of the old world.

Travelling to these locations was harder than expected, as the demons of the Neodaemonium managed to make a tremendous advance in the past weeks. Fortunately, all the demons Ulkas and Astrosa met were no match for them.

Now, they stand at the edge of the Copper Desert. Hidden in the sand should be an entrance for a ruin, according to their investigation. The nearby ruined and recent human installations attest of it. It seemed they were studying the ruins, before leaving in a hurry.

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Squra the Leech Snake (killerhellhound)

(Corrected Leach to Leech)
[2] Squra had recently been kicked from his territory by a rowdy group of slimes. Now he was homeless, and hungry. The jungle was rustling with activity around.

Spoiler: Squra Status (click to show/hide)

Go'Von, the Gray Ooze (Puppyguard)

[2] Today was a bad day for Go'Von. Despite wandering for hours in the underground caves, he didn't find a single bone. Hunger was stinging his insides, and it was annoying him.

Worse, he realized that he was deep in some creatures territory. Was he the prey or the hunter there?

The cave he was in was wide, the ceiling very high, and the uneven ground was littered by boulders of all sizes. Go'Von didn't sense any close presence, but he couldn't be too careful in an enemy's territory.

Spoiler: Go'Von Status (click to show/hide)

(Shard of) Breadweed, the Resilient (ATHATH)

[3] Since Breadweed arrived in this strange realm, it felt different. Something in this world had changed it, and it sometimes felt like the Shard changed. The Shard was currently following the clear stream of a river. The plants around felt magical, with their leaves covering many shades of blue.

It was quite the eerie place.

Spoiler: Breadweed Status (click to show/hide)

Aspred Bagrid, the Giant Catfish Serpent (GigaGiant)

[1] There is always a bigger fish. And in this case, Aspred Bagrid was the small fish of the story. He remembered when he gobbled that monster, before realizing too late that the monster was a lure.

Now, a monstrous whale with razor sharp coral on her back and fins was chasing him, trying to devour him whole. The irony.

Further ahead, he spotted an abyss. It could be a chance to survive, he hoped.

Spoiler: Aspred Bagrid Status (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 03:10:31 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2017, 05:58:56 am »

Too late for regret, screw the waitlist! Everyone is in :)

You should probably all choose a color to easily differentiate each other. Having 14 different actions will lead to cluttering.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 06:00:28 am by Nakéen »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2017, 06:36:37 am »

My color is this

Search the forests for the sylvarians and the new life tree. Apologize for failing to protect the forest and promise to help in any way a psychic insect could help them. Then try to find if anyone of my psychic kin escaped or all of them fought and died using my telepathy to detect psychic powers arround me.

(I know I am in the forest, trying to locate the leader sylvarian and the life tree.)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:37:45 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2017, 06:57:55 am »

I probably wasn't clear enough, but you are already in the Sylvarian settlement.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2017, 07:28:33 am »

I am a ghost, am I not? I simply float upward, over the sandstorm, so I can see the surrounding area to some degree. It might take a short while, but it's certainly reasonable.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2017, 07:41:22 am »

Protoquin(bold black with a bright glow for my character, the glow color will probably change with levels)
The being rubs its head, and the wrongness is apparent immediately, nothing like this had been seen in the dreaming, except for tales from the dreams themselves, was it in a dream?
Mrrrrrgll...
The sound is an almost otherworldly hybrid between a gurgle and a chirp as it exits the quinkans mouth.

explore, if this is a dream then surely other quinkan would be present, unless it was from a woken dreamer(in people terms, a lucid dreamer)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 01:23:24 pm by Failbird105 »

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2017, 08:07:35 am »

((I think this should do nicely for now))

This seems familiar. Anyways, keep my distance; look at the surroundings to see if there is anything useful/noteworthy.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2017, 08:35:57 am »

Squelchy, the Omnislime

Squelchy hopped among the community, gently brushing with every other slime and sending this message through pheromones:
We must move, find new food, eat more. That is all we can do, and so that is what we must do.
He then observes their reaction, waiting for a consensus.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2017, 08:42:29 am »

Flourine the enchanting harpy

The white haired blue eyed harpy seemed to visibly grow excited a smile tugging across their lip's. Quietly thought's perusing through their mind of what to say. Of how to lure and of the heavenly memory of their teeth sinking into a man's neck and holding him there as she feasted off him.

His struggling growing weaker and weaker. Fluorine hoped they were an adventurer...they loved lots of nice muscle on their meat!

Flourine sing's her enchanting song with a warm smile on her face. The song is melodious slow and beckoning spoken in the human tongue and is seemingly rather flirtacious. She was going to lure him in then get a good look at him before she did any attacking.

((Feel free to come up with song lyrics if ye wish lol.))
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 04:30:43 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2017, 09:13:53 am »

south seems good for now. Eventually I will find something that is smarter than just a killing force.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 99