Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 214790 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [15] - Turn 3
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2017, 10:56:12 am »

"I wanted to go to a settlement because I prefer civilization to the wilderness, and I figured that a settlement would be the best place to learn more about this world and how to get back to my home dimension from."

"But why don't humans accept monsters in their presence? Why do you hunt them?"
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2017, 12:11:59 pm »

Protoquin

The Quinkan would choose to observe the figures from a distance, rather than approach, wasting its own life was the least wanted thing for it to do at the moment.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 07, 2017, 12:29:18 pm »

Go'von wrapped tighter and tighter around the beast's neck. He knew it would be dead soon, just a little longer.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 07, 2017, 01:41:19 pm »

The angel looked upon its prey, and charged, hoping to tear the beasts neck open with its "Power"
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2017, 02:03:19 pm »

"I wanted to go to a settlement because I prefer civilization to the wilderness, and I figured that a settlement would be the best place to learn more about this world and how to get back to my home dimension from."

"That's the way our world work. You hunt the creatures that would hunt you. If we don't fight, we die."

The mage explained the matter with more tact:
"Humans and monsters are too different. Some monsters are wolves, some are sheep. And some are wolves wearing the sheep's skin. Too many humans die to monsters every year, that's why we don't accept monsters presence."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2017, 02:07:53 pm »

Wing's gently feeling the man's hair curling it around the ends. Smiling he was an appealing prey and she liked what she saw the wavy hair was something she quite liked. Maybe she could make something outta it? Or hell she could just keep it around as a nest liner or something of the like that would be nice.

But for now. She breather her singing becoming lower. Quieter as her mouth came close to his face.

"Goodnight."

Give him a gentle kiss. Then "Gently" rip his throat out. Hold him down until he stops struggling if he does struggle. If he doesn't? Just hold him. Hold him quietly until he goe's.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2017, 02:29:03 pm »

(Barely any time atm, so just a quick action)

Continue hiding and lick my wounds. Try to heal.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 06:16:07 pm by GigaGiant »
Insert witty signature here

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2017, 02:48:00 pm »

((Didn't even know this was a thing. Nakeen, can I join with Gray?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2017, 04:12:57 pm »

"That's the way our world work. You hunt the creatures that would hunt you. If we don't fight, we die."

The mage explained the matter with more tact:
"Humans and monsters are too different. Some monsters are wolves, some are sheep. And some are wolves wearing the sheep's skin. Too many humans die to monsters every year, that's why we don't accept monsters presence."
"And in response to that, you commit genocide? I could understand just barring monsters from entering your town, but I think that actively hunting them goes a bit too far."

"Unless, of course, you're hunting a specific monster that has committed a crime. Are you, and if so, who (or what) are you hunting?"
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2017, 04:26:21 pm »

"And in response to that, you commit genocide? I could understand just barring monsters from entering your town, but I think that actively hunting them goes a bit too far."

"Unless, of course, you're hunting a specific monster that has committed a crime. Are you, and if so, who (or what) are you hunting?"
"Genocide? Damn right, we wish we could!"

The men all laughed heartily.
"It's not a matter of morality there, it's a live or die matter. Barring monsters from entering towns was enough ago, but times changed. You have no idea what monsters are capable of."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2017, 04:27:52 pm »

((Didn't even know this was a thing. Nakeen, can I join with Gray?))
((Of course!))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2017, 04:37:36 pm »

"Genocide? Damn right, we wish we could!"

The men all laughed heartily.
"It's not a matter of morality there, it's a live or die matter. Barring monsters from entering towns was enough ago, but times changed. You have no idea what monsters are capable of."
"What are monsters capable of that a sufficiently powerful human mage isn't?"

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2017, 05:22:30 pm »

There was a brief silence, the leader was unable to answer. There was a feeling of defeat in the air, and they had powerless looks on their faces.
"We don't kn-"

The leader stopped Laphores.
"Listen... breadface. There is something you don't seem to get. I don't know how your world was, but in this world, we humans are not at the top of the food chain. If we don't hunt monsters, they grow and become more dangerous. You know that powerful mage you spoke about? Let's say this incredible, dazzling mage can beat any known monster. Awesome right? I guess if you were that mage, you would just protect your town and leave the monsters in peace right? Then what about the other towns? Well they can suck it up, they don't have you. So they get destroyed and everyone die, but that's fine, you can protect your town after all. Well, one day a monster you never saw before attack your town. Your spells do nothing to it. He is stronger than anything you have ever seen. You die, and now your town and everyone you cared about is dead. Too bad for you you didn't kill it when it was still manageable. That's why we hunt monsters, if we don't, they get stronger than us and we become the hunted."

One man added.
"Sorry for our harsh captain breadface. What he meant is that monsters change and evolve, and some get damn terrifying, unstoppable even. Wasn't always like this, but now it is."

Another whispered "I heard some even grow immune to magic." "I thought that was a fact" said another.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2017, 05:52:29 pm »

There was a brief silence, the leader was unable to answer. There was a feeling of defeat in the air, and they had powerless looks on their faces.
"We don't kn-"

The leader stopped Laphores.
"Listen... breadface. There is something you don't seem to get. I don't know how your world was, but in this world, we humans are not at the top of the food chain. If we don't hunt monsters, they grow and become more dangerous. You know that powerful mage you spoke about? Let's say this incredible, dazzling mage can beat any known monster. Awesome right? I guess if you were that mage, you would just protect your town and leave the monsters in peace right? Then what about the other towns? Well they can suck it up, they don't have you. So they get destroyed and everyone die, but that's fine, you can protect your town after all. Well, one day a monster you never saw before attack your town. Your spells do nothing to it. He is stronger than anything you have ever seen. You die, and now your town and everyone you cared about is dead. Too bad for you you didn't kill it when it was still manageable. That's why we hunt monsters, if we don't, they get stronger than us and we become the hunted."

One man added.
"Sorry for our harsh captain breadface. What he meant is that monsters change and evolve, and some get damn terrifying, unstoppable even. Wasn't always like this, but now it is."

Another whispered "I heard some even grow immune to magic." "I thought that was a fact" said another.
"But why would a monster be more likely to burn a village and not try to protect it than, say, the aforementioned mage?"

"I see your point, however."

"How does magic work in this world? Do any of you know anything about alchemy?"

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2017, 12:06:41 am »

"First, but not the last trap..."

Use my intellect to solve oncoming deadly riddles. Or guess what exactly is happening.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 99