Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 214816 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [14] - Turn 6
« Reply #210 on: October 12, 2017, 05:48:51 pm »

Ah yes, when a certain skeleton opened a portal to another dimension. Good times.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 13, 2017, 12:30:53 am »

Ah yes, when a certain skeleton opened a portal to another dimension. Good times.
I actually miss him, his adventures were amusing (if dangerous on the world-scale) and provided a ton of info about the inner working of this reality.

((Also, added a count of posted actions for next turn into my Google Sheet. It might not be up to date every moment, but I'll try to keep it so. Currently, we miss Fluorine and Eron (for the third turn).))
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:08:22 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 13, 2017, 01:05:11 am »

"Heh. Not all were able to flee, it seems... Or just this one went here? Let's see..."

Study human corpse and its notes, using Expansive Mind if needed. Also see if I can slowly clear up confused mental map.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 13, 2017, 01:20:05 am »

What would happen if two harpies tried to mesmerize each other?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 13, 2017, 01:47:38 am »

Pax*, one of them would have to be attracted to females or else it would do nothing. alternatively if a male harpy and a female harpy had different songs which affected each other, potentially naughty things.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 04:01:58 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 13, 2017, 02:11:42 am »

Lax, one of them would have to be attracted to females or else it would do nothing alternatively if a male harpy and a female harpy had different songs which affected each other, potentially naughty things.

I am surprised that I never considered male harpies, I wonder if those attract women....or just how skewed the species gender ratio is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 13, 2017, 03:56:24 am »

There's also the chance that they pull shenanigans and reproduce asexually, or perhaps pair up with a guy they like outside of their species.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 13, 2017, 12:15:55 pm »

I actually miss him, his adventures were amusing (if dangerous on the world-scale) and provided a ton of info about the inner working of this reality.
Oh? Please tell us more about this skeleton's adventures; I'm interested.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 14, 2017, 02:27:47 am »

Oh? Please tell us more about this skeleton's adventures; I'm interested.
Was your curiosity sated? If not, I will narrate the saga of Dahak, the spooky skelly who grazed the beyond.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 14, 2017, 05:02:37 am »

Turn 7:

Turn 6

Squelchy, the Omnislime (Coolrune206)
Squelchy quickly solidifies parts of his insides to form several large, spike-like needles facing inwards at the creature's head. It then manipulates the natural flow of slime inside of its body to quickly force those spikes into the head of the creature.

Digestion would be far too slow for this pressing situation, you got a better idea.

Inward Solidified Spikes:
Combat Roll (Str 1 vs Con 0): [3]+6 (Full (+1) Glimmering Hope (+2) Poison (-1) Close-Range (+4)) vs [8]-2 (Badly Wounded (-2))
Critical Roll: [3] (Normal Hit)
Damage Roll: [3]*2 - 1 [Chitinous Armor] = [5]HP

Having formed many spikes with your remaining soft parts, you start crushing the Arachnastinian's head like an iron maiden. Such attack proves to critically wound it, but the creature isn't dead yet.

Slash (Arachnastinian):
Combat Roll (Str 0 vs Con 3): [3] (Close-Range (+4) Critically Wounded (-4)) vs [2]-1 (Poison (-1))
Critical Roll: [6] (Normal Hit)
Damage Roll: [3]*0.25 - 1 [Solidify] = [0]HP

With its head crushed, releasing venom is impossible. The monster feebly attempts to tear you apart with its barbed claws, but you prove too sturdy.

And with a final spasm, the monster stops moving, letting out a last gargle of life.

+2 Lesser Essence
Poisoned (Corrosive Venom):-3HP
The Poison has worn off
You consumed some of your inner light to maintain the Glimmering Hope. -2MP

Gloup Blop and Swift Zed are completely lethargic now.

Hostile:
-Arachnastinian: formed a slingshot with web+front spider legs / Dead

Spoiler: Squelchy Status (click to show/hide)

Neophytos the Sole Survivor, Psychic Pain Spider (randomgenericusername)
Should I try to talk to it? It doesn't look very hostile.
If the others spiders agree to try to talk to it, I attemp to telepathy talk to the creature while hiding, asking if it is native from the forest or an invader, if it is an enemy of the sylvarians and if it is going to harm the forest. If it attacks (or we choose to attack it because it could be hostile), everyone uses mind blast until it is knocked out.

The other spiders are wary. The creature doesn't look harmless to them, but seeing it is alone against all of you, they agree to let you talk to it. If worse were to come, you wouldn't have a problem beating it.

You contact the creature using telepathy.

Telepathy:
Action Roll (Diff 3): [5]
Outcome Roll: [1] -Success-

[Are you native from the forest? Or an invader?]

The creature suddenly looks around quickly, looking for the source of the voice. It answers, still:
[I was born in this jungle. Invader? They are the invaders. Are you one of them?]

Intentions Unknown:
-Arachnastinian Scout:

The Protoquin (Failbird105)
The Protoquin

"SCREEE!"

Smack it, then make distance

You recovered your balance.

Tongue Lash:
Combat Roll (Str 0 vs Con 0): [1] vs [1]
Simultaneous critical failure...

Your send your tongue toward the masked being again, taking a step back to wind-up the attack... and trips on a root. Due to the steep terrain, you roll and roll and roll...

The Numask isn't any better, it also trips trying to dodge your tongue, masterfully executing a faceplanting followed with the same rollout as you...

Protoquin: [3]
Numask: [3]

Both of you end up at the end of the hill, somewhat bruised but not that battered by your catastrophic fall.
-3HP
Stunned

It may be a good occasion to gain distance...

Gain distance:
Action Roll (Diff 10): [11] (Stunned (-2) Enemy also Stunned (+2))
Outcome Roll: [3] -Critical Success-

You scram, completely losing your staggering pursuer!

After a long run, you realize there are fewer trees around. You are still in these chalk-colored hills, and you can feel a strong wind coming from the front.

Spoiler: The Protoquin Status (click to show/hide)

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
"Not too bad. Some of my wielders didn't even have one. Oh, and you might not want to tell them that I'm sentient."

Village ho!

"Don't worry, that would never have crossed my mind."

Prias ran with haste toward his village, named Safara. He waved at the watchtower of the village, and the sentry on duty answered with a light signal and a wide waving motion.

The wooden gates of the village opened, and two guards in crude gear welcomed the young man home. They were clearly villagers protecting their homes, rather than soldiers. They wore a leather armor covering torso and upper legs, and a leather helmet to complete the set. They wielded basic spears and a wooden shield.

Seeing the large egg on Prias back, the tallest guard shouted:
"Prias! You really did it!"

He answered:
"Eten, Luaros! I'm sorry, but I must hurry to deliver the egg to Veras!"

They both nodded, with faces brimming with joy and admiration. You could guess from their expressions that Prias undertook a pretty perilous endeavor.

Prias ran through the village, greeting the busy villagers. All the houses of the village seemed reinforced, and everyone carried some sort of weapon. From small daggers to repurposed farming tools.

Your wielder entered a house very different from the others. Firstly, it was made of rock, and clearly bigger than the other houses. A curious gray smoke came out of the chimney.

Inside, a masked individual was crushing some mixture in a stone bowl.
"Veras! I got the Gray Walkankar's egg!"

An old man's voice came out from the mask.
"Incredible... With that I will be able to complete the remedy! Drop it right there, on that carpet. I will start right away. Go get some rest, it will be done tomorrow morning. You should go see Septor, you know how worried he was despite his state."

Prias nodded, and thanked Veras once more. Then he went to a house in the eastern part of the village. A young woman who could barely be called a young girl jumped on him, hugging him with all her might.

"Prias! Eten told us you came back, I, hem, Septor is waiting you. Hurry!"

The young girl called Iseis led Prias to a room where a man was sitting in a bed. He was clearly sickly, and seemed the same age as your wielder. There was a woman older than the two in the room, helping the man get up. She was named Sandra.

That was Septor, and you could tell he was Prias's friend. Their reunion was tearful, as everyone in the room couldn't hold their tears. Everyone was overjoyed to see Prias back alive, and also furious that he risked his life to complete Septor's remedy.

Time passed, and Prias was left alone in Septor's room. His sickly friend was now asleep.

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

(Shard of) Breadweed, the Resilient (ATHATH)
Jump in the river to put myself out. Failing that, stop, drop, and roll. Failing that, extract the "consume" purpose from the fire.

Put the fires out using a leaf and some water. If I can't do that, just extract the "spread" purpose from the fire (so that it will burn itself out).

Recover the ashes from my fire pit.

Search the trash from the nearby village in the river for a container. Mix the ashes with some tree sap within it, then use a leaf to rub the resulting ointment onto a stick. Examine the properties of both the stick and the leaf.

If I run low on mana, extract the purpose "be magical" from my magical herbs, mix that with some water in a junk-container, and drink/consume the result.

Dig a little mini-river coming out of the big river (have you ever done that at a beach?). Extract the purpose "to direct" from the mini-river.

Mix the "to direct" purpose with some tree sap in another trash-container. Use another leaf to apply the resulting ointment to another stick. Does the stick (and/or the leaf) allow me to command plants, sticks, tree sap, leaves, and/or things in general?

Fighting against the current
Action Roll (Diff 12): [7]
Critical Roll: [2] -Critical Failure-

You clearly underestimated the strength of the current, and was carried away by the river... At least you weren't burning anymore!

Event Roll: [1]

You hit your breadhead on something, and half-conscious, something picked you up from the water. It took you to someplace, without you being really able to do anything.

When you came back to your senses, you were upside-down, attached on the ceiling of some dirty workshop. It smelled of innards and filth.

You heard a terrible scream, the one a tortured creature would let out. It came from a butterfly-like monster with a somewhat humanoid head. The monster was nailed to a table, and right beside it, some sort of blue ettin was dissecting it.

Intentions Unknown (but probably not friendly):
-Blue Ettin: Having fun?
-Butterfly monster: Not having fun

((Note for the future! The object you want to extract the purpose from must be immobile or remain in the area of effect of your spell for the whole duration. Doing this on the river wouldn't have worked as the water moved.))

Spoiler: Breadweed Status (click to show/hide)

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
"This'll make things a little harder, but I guess a slime is a slime..." Skee thought. "Guess I'll have to subdue it first, though." Skee instructed the slime to quickly hide behind a rock or tree, and then to attract him with pheromones. Once the Omniphage was close enough, Skee instructed the slime to pounce on it before quickly stinging it and having the slime leap away.

The slime you controlled was instinctively shaking uncontrollably in fear.

Pheromone Attraction:
Action Roll (Diff 2): [20] -Critical Success!- (Seriously though, that's a critical failure in the broader sense :P)

The black, oozing mass of deadly anti-slime materials approached with dangerous speed for a blob. If the slime you controlled had a heartbeat, it would be beating at an abnormally fast rate.

Pounce:
Combat Roll (Str 0 vs Con 2): [7]+4 (Surprise Attack (+4)) vs [6]
Critical Roll: [3] (Normal Hit)
Damage: [1]/3=[0]

The omniphage didn't expect a suicidal attack from its prey. The very moment the slime made contact with the Omniphage's body, the powerful enzymes of the predator started breaking the slime down at an alarming rate.
Jungle Slime:-4HP
Jungle Slime:Glued!

Leaping Away:
Opposition Roll (Str 0 vs Str 2): [3]-2 (Glued (-2)) vs [4]
Critical Roll: [1] -Critical Failure-

When the slime attempted to leap away as per your command, the Omniphage shot out tendrils to harpoon the slime and reel it further inside its body.
Jungle Slime:-8HP

The slime dissolved in a flash.

In the heat of the action, you had an illumination. Maybe trying to stab that thing was a terrible idea.

Hostile:
-Caustic Omniphage: On the Hunt

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)

The Azarian Project, the Thoughling (Dustan Hache)
I can't talk. The best I can do is try to reach into it's mind, and I would rather not do that for fear of provoking attack. Just try to keep my distance from the undead surrounding me as best I can.

Being unable to talk, you just attempted to avoid distance.

"No answer..."
"Probably a non-intelligent one." said another warrior.

Outcome Roll: [1]
"Kill it then."

These words were brief and felt like a stabbing dagger in your ears. (did you have ears?)

Intentions Unknown:
-Colossus
-Dozen Bonemetal Warriors
-Rusted Bonemetal Swordsmaster

Aspred Bagrid, the Giant Catfish Serpent (GigaGiant)
Aspred Bagrid, the Giant Catfish Serpent
Quickly rush the giant squid and bite into its head before it has a chance to defend itself. Kill it and then devour the corpse.

Bite:
Combat Roll (Str 1 vs Con 0): [12]+4 (Surprise Attack (+4)) vs [8]
Critical Roll: [7] (Normal Hit)
Damage: [7]*2=[14]

"No.." said the Octowatcher faintly, before you ripped its head apart with one fell bite. A cloud of blood filled the cavern, turning the yellow-blue light to a pale red one.

You feasted on the body, filling yourself whole. You felt an incredible power rising inside you.

+2 Lesser Essence
Evolution to Stage 1 enabled

Intentions Unknown:
-Abyssal Octowatcher: Dead

Spoiler: Aspred Bagrid Status (click to show/hide)

Xizilitiz, the Lesser Angel (crazyabe)
"This one is known as Xizilitiz."

A lone human wearing traveler's clothes appeared before you. It has no weapons.

"Did you kill it?" he said pointing at the carcass.

Spoiler: Xizilitiz Status (click to show/hide)

Theta, the Wolf (Rautherdir)
((Well great.))

Stay still, but try and figure out what its intentions are. If it launches an attack at me then use Blinding Terror.

The more you gazed into these eyes, the more you wanted to go toward them. Your body started moving toward the Leuscrat, toward its eyes.

Resisting "Leuscrat's Gaze":
Action Roll (Diff 12): [14]
Outcome Roll: [1] -Success-

With incredible difficulty, you managed to avert your gaze from the Leuscrat. Suddenly you felt your body losing its stiffness, and you stopped moving toward it.

The Leuscrat hissed menacingly. He made the first move.
"What do you want?"

Intentions Unknown:
-Leuscrat: Affected by Theta's eyes

Spoiler: Theta Status (click to show/hide)

Go'Von, the Gray Ooze (Puppyguard)
Go'Von quietly slid on the ceiling away from the creatures.

Staying Low:
Action Roll (Diff 5): [13]
Outcome Roll: [2] -Success-

You silently started sliding upward, away from the creatures. They were so busy feasting on the body that they didn't notice you at all.

After they were done and only bones were left, they moved away, deeper into the cave.

Spoiler: Go'Von Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster (Beirus)
((Hey Nakeen, what happened to the strange stone Gray found that one time in the flashback?))

"I will miss all of you as well, but this is something I must do. Those I left are still counting on me."

Gray asks Kokaun about any possible traditions for challenging other Radasars to ensure an honourable fight, and preferably one that will not end in the death of either party. He also asks Masen if it would be possible to take a robe, or belt or band or patch or something to show his affiliation so that other humans he runs into may not instantly treat him as hostile. Afterwards, he bows and bids everyone farewell before heading off towards Farune with Brown.

Kokaun told you of the challenge tradition of his kin.
"You may issue a challenge to a Radasar by cutting off part of your body and offering it to them. If they give you a scale in exchange, it means they accept an honorable battle. Avoid doing this with Black Radasars though, they are a special caste who sought power in exchange of their minds. They are merciless and care not for honor. Golden Radasars will never refuse a duel, except if you are known to be dishonorable."

"Great idea Gray, in that case, I may have something for you... Barag, please bring an apprentice's cloak."

Barag nodded, and came back with a human-sized cloak. It was the same he wore, and was worn only by the disciples of Masen.
"I should probably have given this to you earlier. With this, you will be known as one of my disciples to those who recognize my mark. Beware though, some humans will understandably believe you killed another human for that. Gray, I hope you can change the world into the one you see in your dreams."

[Cloak of the Disciple obtained]

With that bow, the farewell were complete.

Brown and you, both wearing a cloak harboring the mark of Masen, left north. To Farune.

Event Roll: [4]

After a hour of trekking in the burning sands, you spotted a human caravan far ahead.

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
"Heh. Not all were able to flee, it seems... Or just this one went here? Let's see..."

Study human corpse and its notes, using Expansive Mind if needed. Also see if I can slowly clear up confused mental map.

You approached the human corpse and picked up the notebook. Seeing it was not Ancient symbols, you used your Expansive Mind without worry.

Study Corpse and Ashafan Notebook:
Action Roll (Diff 8 ): [9]+5 [Expansive Mind +2 Intelligence +3]
Outcome Roll: [5] -Overshoot-

This human had marks of severe burns, as if it was cut and pierced by rays of fire. He probably died from blood loss after suffering from these injuries. His foot seemed broken too.

You took a look at the notebook. That was Ashafan language, and it was some sort of journal narrating the expedition to study these ruins.

The author, who was probably the man lying right next to you, was named Joah Sharaid. An Ashafan scientist, specialized in the study of such ruins and other artifacts left by the Ancients. It told of many important informations.

Of the Ashafan kingdom, the country of the sands. Of how the royalty started increasing the expeditions to discover and explore such ruins in the past years. Of the incredible legacy they left behind. Of how so many secrets remained. Of this expedition, and its demise. You weren't able to properly read Ashafan script, but your Expansive Mind allowed you to understand the book.

These ruins were studied and pillaged by the previous expedition of humans. In the initial expeditions, many artifacts were found and brought back to the capital for further studies. But that was only for the first level, as they went deeper, the quality and complexity of the artifacts increased.

Then an accident happened. They triggered something, which awakened the whole ruins. The expedition was wiped out by powerful, advanced golems powered by Ancient technology which also used an unknown form of magic.

There was more you could extract with focus, but you suddenly felt sleepy. Deciphering this notebook shouldn't have affected you like this, it was probably because of the accumulated stress from the previous experiences.

[Ashafan Journal about the Taes ruins obtained]

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Fluorine, the Harpie - (AbstractTraitorHero)
((I was kinda off/Sick Back now doh))

Flourine was quiet for a moment looking over the fox. Breathing deeply this was troubling annoying giving a nod their voice annoyed.

"Do you want to come along?"

Question the fox. If they want to come go with them if not then lets start flying outta here.
((No problem, I will add you to the main turn.))

"No. I can fend for myself. Farewell."

Once that was said, the fox leapt away with grace. He jumped from rocks to rocks, eventually disappearing in the mountains. Taking the words of the fox to heart, you flew away from there with haste.

Event Roll: [2]

You headed east, in another of the Iron Ridge. But on your way, you passed through the territory of the wyverns. One spotted you, and gave chase.

Hostile:
-Mountain Wyvern: On the hunt

Spoiler: Fluorine Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 04:07:52 pm by Nakéen »

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [14] - Turn 7
« Reply #220 on: October 14, 2017, 06:28:56 am »

"Uh oh", Skee thought, "I have a feeling this might not have been the best idea...". Skee ran away as fast as he could. That thing probably didn't even know it was there, as it couldn't see and only tracked slime pheromones, but you can never be too cautious. Once he was in the clear, Skee began to look for a new host, preferably one that wasn't a useless moving puddle of gross icky stuff.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 06:31:42 am by Legendary Marksdorf »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 14, 2017, 08:09:38 am »

Squelchy attempts to use Glimmering Hope to boost his natural regenerative abilities. He then wanders over to his compatriots and begins dissolving the webs covering them.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 14, 2017, 08:24:24 am »

okay, not cool. Devour the mind of the one that said to kill me, and try to dart past them and get away before they can.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:40:11 am by Dustan Hache »

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 14, 2017, 08:42:36 am »

Wait, what happened to fluorine?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 14, 2017, 09:06:53 am »

Wait, what happened to fluorine?
Nothing. Fluorine (AbstracTraitorHero) and Eron (OceanSoul) simply did not post their actions  ::)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 99