Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 215694 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [14] - Turn 7
« Reply #240 on: October 14, 2017, 08:20:11 pm »

Flourine had been flying certainly. Enjoying herself doing a small spin or two in the air the usual fluorine had always loved the air...felt connected to it one would suppose and that probably wasn't unusual for a harpy if you want to be honest. What was unusual was this bastard chasing after her. Giving a growl at it and screeching most definitely screeching at it whatever melodic tinge to it was probably harsh and warning.

"Want some birdy dont'cha darling!? WELL COME AND GET IT!"

Flourine throws a angry sarcastic screeching comment at it hoping to disorient it then weaves her plan. Using the creature's drive to hunt her to her advantage she dive's making sure it can stay right behind her or close at the least before swerving before she hits the tree's and hopefully it either dying by the tree's and giving Flourine a nice meal or distracting it and hurting it enough where Fluorine can get a smooth getaway
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 14, 2017, 09:50:29 pm »

Also, how fast and under what conditions does MP regenerate?
MP regenerate with a dice roll when you rest for a bit, except if you have a special trait or something.

Yes, who was this guy?
Please do tell us this story.

This is the story of Dahak, a skeleton that was played by TempAcc. He had quite the peculiar story as a human undead.

It started when he woke up in a graveyard. Hijinks happened, through which he met another undead player (Ferratus the Animated Armor, played by Hawk132). They beat the crap out of a Soul Amalgamate, Dahak found an anti-undead dagger (which he kept in his ribcage), then they parted, and more hijinks happened, during which he met what was called a Corruptor. Some sort of eerie pitch black being with a not very friendly name. More hijinks happened, as a group of anti-undead human party came across the village, which was actually infested with Corruptors. Anti-undead spells didn't do much against those, and they were wiped out. Dahak returned to his starting graveyard.

A bit before that, he got corrupted woops.

His story took an interesting turn when he met another monster, a Death Fairy called Delinde. Turns out human! Dahak once knew Delinde, and he and his best friend were studying some sort of spell to communicate with the souls of the dead. Harmless! With this new pal, he set out to rediscover his past. Which was easy, as he just had to follow Delinde to the old home/laboratory of Dahak and his pal, Morvad. Turns out Dahak died in the failed ritual. Which also connected the village to the corruptor's world.

Some weird stuff happened, and a portal opened. A bad portal. Dahak and Delinde got away with their life, as two Corruptors emerged from the gate, a humanoid one and a massive eldritch abomination-type one. They managed to close the portal though, which is nice. Then a World Avatar made of pure Essence incarnated to beat the crap out of the mega corruptor, but got beaten instead. This Corruptor went on a rampage, and annihilated most of the Fordanian expeditionary force that was supposed to wipe out the monsters from the Elon Woods.

Now in a safe place and with the required materials, he attempted the ritual to contact the soul of the dead, and did manage to contact his old pal! Morvad left a massive plot bomb to our crew, about how Corruptors came from another world, which was attracted to a substance called Essence. And how this Outer World had some sort of will, and that it used the Spirit World as a shortcut to the main world. Which sucked for both. The other humanoid Corruptor, who was sealed in a coffin earlier, heard it all and gained some bout of sentience, calling itself Nihil after some existential pondering.

This Corruptor who had detached itself from the Outer World and managed to hide from the World went on to travel with Dahak and Delinde. On their merry way, the three headed off to the East.

They ended up in the Inory Hills, a place chock full of spiritual beings and spiritual energy. They stumbled upon a nexus of spiritual energy. The presence behind the Corruptors attempted to manipulate Dahak into using the nexus to open a greater portal, but no one really knows what happened... (because the player stopped playing)

darn shame that it ended like that, but that just gives you leeyway if you ever want to pick up a similar plot at any point, which is nice...

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 14, 2017, 10:05:28 pm »

"Hello!"

"If I may ask, are you torturing that butterfly, studying him, or both?"
I'd like this to be responded to before I make a proper action.

Also, how fast and under what conditions does MP regenerate?
MP regenerate with a dice roll when you rest for a bit, except if you have a special trait or something.
So shouldn't I have regained some MP while unconscious?

-snip-
An interesting story...

Did these "corruptors" leave essence behind when they were destroyed?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 14, 2017, 10:13:15 pm »

I can't type a whole lot right now.

@Athath: The ettins says "Your turn will come soon, patience"

I didn't make you recover MP because getting dragged around in a half conscious state didn't feel reposing enough to me :p

Have +2MP though!

And the Corruptors generally didn't left Essence behind.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 14, 2017, 10:27:38 pm »

Drain the "restrain" purpose from my restraints.

Land on the ground and observe what the ettin is doing (or trying to do).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 14, 2017, 11:40:59 pm »

((Since Ferratus was mentioned, I'll just say that if you meet a pitch black armor that hates absolutely everything and is basically a wandering boss, that is kinda my fault.))

"So, your friend is saved. Or at least, he has a chance to be. Anything else you're planning to do?"

This action took me longer than expected. Conversation ho!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 14, 2017, 11:57:10 pm »

Go'von searched for a tiny crevice to sleep in.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 15, 2017, 11:53:26 am »

Gray approaches the caravan with Brown. Once they are closer, he calls out a greeting to the caravan.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 15, 2017, 04:49:55 pm »

Ulkas couldn't help but yawn happily. So much useful information! He was akin to a weary traveler gorging himself on delicious fresh water found in the oasis, forgoing caution and reason. So many possibilities are open here...
"Astrosa, seems like we are in luck! These ruins were once a research or military facility used by an advanced civilization. Human expedition that worked here unearthed only a small portion of this treasure trove, before they - by some mishap or devious trap placed by creators - activated ancient guardians. Now, these ruins are 'alive' and slowly repairing themselves. Which can open for us many previously-sealed doors, but we must pass their guardians first. And they are using advanced fire-based weapons to shoot superheated beams and can use some other forms of long-lost magic. Interesting enemy. And a dangerous one."

Demon chuckled, and, waving off the haze of sleepiness, continued:
"Considering how long these ruins stood motionless, their guardians must have answered only due to some serious transgression by humans. If my analysis is right, there are two most probable reactions. Either they now try to kill every being in sight, or they ask for their identities first. I once encountered similar guardian, though far less advanced, and was able to pass off as "authorized person". I'll try to use this experience here but have no guarantee it is even possible.

Continue exploration, using maps from my head and journal to search for some of the artifacts. If guardians interfere and don't communicate - try the same method that worked on Guardian of Valern Castle. With more power, obviously.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 05:17:32 pm by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 16, 2017, 02:27:09 am »

I won't have time for a turn update until Tuesday. So update on Tuesday :)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 16, 2017, 02:43:44 am »

I keep waiting for explosions of corpses and being surprised when this does not happen, although pleasantly surprised.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 16, 2017, 03:34:18 am »

I keep waiting for explosions of corpses and being surprised when this does not happen, although pleasantly surprised.
Yeah the only person who has died was the one who rolled three 1's in a row
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 16, 2017, 03:43:26 am »

Nakéen is very kind GM. Just check first game casualties - just 7-8 from total 31 monsters (8 inactive) during ~1 year of active play (around 100 turns and subturns).

Although I do hope there would be more deaths in near future.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 16, 2017, 05:29:07 am »

Nakéen is very kind GM. Just check first game casualties - just 7-8 from total 31 monsters (8 inactive) during ~1 year of active play (around 100 turns and subturns).

I would like to get back in so I agree with you
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 16, 2017, 07:19:49 am »

I would like to get back in so I agree with you
I am mostly just bummed that I made art for this prematurley.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 99