Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 215728 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [14] - Turn 8
« Reply #285 on: October 20, 2017, 10:00:46 pm »

"I am Gray, and this is Brown. We are disciples of Masen. We are traveling to see the world, and to perfect what we learned from Masen."

Talky stuff.

The man's bewilderment was steadily increasing.
"By the spirits of the desert... So you have a name and are someone's disciple. What are you? Is it some kind of curse? You are not human right?"

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 20, 2017, 10:35:39 pm »

"We are sentient beings. We think and we feel, just like you do. But I suppose you would consider us monsters. That is how humans refer to us, at least. I was once a Metal Blob, but I grew, or evolved I think is the word, into the form I have now. Brown was a Dirt Blob. We come from the south, beyond the desert."

More talky stuff.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 20, 2017, 11:03:56 pm »

"We are sentient beings. We think and we feel, just like you do. But I suppose you would consider us monsters. That is how humans refer to us, at least. I was once a Metal Blob, but I grew, or evolved I think is the word, into the form I have now. Brown was a Dirt Blob. We come from the south, beyond the desert."

More talky stuff.
"I see, I see." he automatically replied.

Silence set between the man and the blobs. There was a light warm wind blowing from the north. The man massaged his glabella, sighing.

"You don't seem dangerous. Well either way, I -we- can't trust you. Now if I got it right, you seem to want to get in our caravan for some motive I don't really get. Well, I can't let you for security reasons.

You understand right?"

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 21, 2017, 12:20:49 am »

Gray sighs dejectedly, but nods his head.

"I understand. Masen told me other humans would not trust me because of what I am. My motives are genuine, though. I only wished to travel with you so that I could interact with more humans. My friend Barag and my master Masen were the only two that didn't try to kill me on sight. I do not wish to impose on you if you would feel unsafe because of my presence. But, before we part ways, would you allow me to spar with one of your warriors? The best way for me to improve upon what my master taught me is through experience. I would like to spar with your strongest warrior, or at least a durable one, as I have not fought many humans and I would not wish to unnecessarily harm someone because I misjudged my strength."

Might as well see if I can get a spar in, or a way to earn their trust.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 21, 2017, 12:28:50 am »

Gray sighs dejectedly, but nods his head.

"I understand. Masen told me other humans would not trust me because of what I am. My motives are genuine, though. I only wished to travel with you so that I could interact with more humans. My friend Barag and my master Masen were the only two that didn't try to kill me on sight. I do not wish to impose on you if you would feel unsafe because of my presence. But, before we part ways, would you allow me to spar with one of your warriors? The best way for me to improve upon what my master taught me is through experience. I would like to spar with your strongest warrior, or at least a durable one, as I have not fought many humans and I would not wish to unnecessarily harm someone because I misjudged my strength."

Might as well see if I can get a spar in, or a way to earn their trust.
Your heartfelt speech only added more trouble into the mind of the security leader.
"Aaaagh... Listen, you may follow us. But don't get too close, both for your own good and our own. This decision is definitely going to get me into troubles..."

Then you mentionned a spar.
"A spar? Sorry, I definitely can't allow that. We need every men in best shape to travel the desert. And... er, I still don't really trust you. Sorry."

The man facepalmed. Am I really sympathizing with that thing? he definitely probably thought.

You have been allowed to follow the caravan.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 21, 2017, 12:58:29 am »

Gray bows towards the man. "Thank you. And if the caravan comes under threat, I will help to defend it if you will allow me to. I would appreciate it if you would tell your comrades so that they do not attack me."

Follow the caravan from an appropriate distance.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 03:50:59 pm by Beirus »

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 21, 2017, 02:15:40 am »

Wow, I wish I had never missed the first game, Nakeen is handling this brilliantly.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 02:17:27 am by Paxiecrunchle »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 21, 2017, 04:47:22 pm »

"It's only natural to want to fulfill your dreams. And since you've got me now, you may actually be able to make them reality."

More talking? More talking. Not that I'm complaining.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 21, 2017, 08:03:54 pm »

Turn 9:

Turn 8

Fluorine, the Harpie - (AbstractTraitorHero)
((Heh. All according to Mostly Keikaku!))

Floruine almost beams's with pride and joy as the Wyvern fell for it hook, line and sinker. It almost felt like she spun a song just for the Wyvern one of failure!

Either way, Fluorine emboldened and lighthearted from their victory begins to head off. Might as well take advantage of their head start.

God they were going to be hungry from all this flying in a few hours!

Beautiful.

Let's be on our way no reason to dilly dally!
We have some ground to cover!
A place to get away from and new lands to explore.
 New meats! New Sites! Lovely sight's surely!
Baths...Oh, Fluorine Love's her bath's I'll tell you that!

((what do you guys think of Flourine))
((I really like Fluorine, I can feel she will definitely have to change after discovering more of the world's dangers.))

With that superb display of acrobatic superiority, you left the Wyverns territories unscathed. You entered an area of the mountains where the clouds gathered and formed dense walls obstructing the visibility. There were also very strong winds around, but it was a necessary passage to leave the Iron Ridge.

You never actually ventured beyond this place. But you never faced the threat of extinction before.

As you pondered about the best way to cross this place, an incredible blasting sound was heard coming from the far East. No, upon closer inspection, that was a roar. One a beast fighting its last battle would unleash.

You shuddered. What terrible threat would cause a creature to let out such a desperate and powerful roar?

Event Roll: [4]

You felt an opening in the stormy wall of clouds. A cold current of tunneling wind seemed to lead to the other side, you were certain following it would allow you to avoid the twisting winds of the mountains.

Spoiler: Fluorine Status (click to show/hide)

Squelchy, the Omnislime (Coolrune206)
Squelchy solidifies small hooks on his outer membrane, grabbing the webs, before trying to pull it apart.

Hook and Pull the web apart:
Action Roll (Diff 7): [13]-8 (Glimmering Hope Backlash (-4) Greatly Exhausted (-4))
Outcome Roll: [3] -Failure-

You formed small hooks on your outer membrane, and grabbed the webs. Then you pulled as strong as you can to tear them apart. Unfortunately, your weary body couldn't find the strength to break the webs.

You kept trying, and trying...

Hook and Pull the web apart (bis):
Action Roll (Diff 6): [1]-8 (Glimmering Hope Backlash (-4) Greatly Exhausted (-4)) -Critical Failure-

You pulled, and pulled... and suddenly the elasticity of the webs pulled you toward them. You stumbled upon them and ended up tangling yourself around them.

[Webbed]

Event Roll: [1]

As you struggled, you heard the sounds of approaching creatures. Two monster with the armored lower body of a spider, and the an upper chitinous humanoid body with a beetle head appeared. Two more Arachnastinians, with some different physical features compared to the one you just killed. One was mostly dirt colored, while the other was forest green with some vibrant metallic green reflexions.

They first headed for the corpse of their dead kin. Soon they would return to deal with you.

Hostile:
-Arachnastinian #1
-Arachnastinian #2

Spoiler: Squelchy Status (click to show/hide)

Neophytos the Sole Survivor, Psychic Pain Spider (randomgenericusername)
Do you think he said the truth? Either way, we have to return and inform the sylvarians about this.
Return home and find the sylvarian leader to inform them about what this creature said.

That was definitely an important information to share to the sylvarian leader. Your hunting group parted as you went on to look for the sylvarian leader.

[Followers updated]

You headed for the living area of the sylvarians. There was only one hut, which was the one used by the leader. Fortunately for you, he was there. You entered and greeted him, a tall Sylvarian with half its body charred. Only its left eyesocket still had a yellow glow, from which you could feel the strength of a warrior.

Sedre the Sylvarian welcomed you.
"If that isn't Neophytos. You seem troubled, is there anything you want to share?"

The Protoquin (Failbird105)
Protoquin
keep going, stealthily

(I honestly want to see what this little guy ends up becoming, though I have EVEN MORE ideas for characters.)

Picking up on the eeriness of the location, you progressed further with as much prudence as possible. You made your best to minimize the sound of your steps on the rocky ground, and always checked each turns at their corner.

Event Roll: [4]

You decided not to pass through the origin of the wind, and instead circled around. Nothing ever crossed your path. Finally after a good while of walking carefully, you ended up finding a pretty nice cave where you could probably rest to recover your lost forces.

Spoiler: The Protoquin Status (click to show/hide)

Xizilitiz, the Lesser Angel (crazyabe)
Fly up And Attempt to dominate it.

Take Off:
Action Roll (Diff 8 ): [15]-4 (Ambush (-4))
Outcome Roll: [6] -Overshoot-

You took off to the skies to take advantage of your air superiority. The viper attempted to lundge at you, but you were faster. From above, it couldn't possibly reach you. You looked down on the earthbound creature from above, and you think you heard it says something.

"sssss waaaait"

Before you could process what the monster said, a large shadow appeared behind you.

Reflexes:
Action Roll (Diff 12 ): [20]-4 (Surprise (-4)) -Critical Success-

Reacting swiftly, you give a push of wings behind you just enough to propel you forward. Just in time to dodge a massive hand, larger than half your body.

You turn toward the direction of the attack. There is a strange monster there. It is some sort of head fixed to two enormous arms -one made of earth and one made of vines- and its head has hairs long enough to reach the ground. It is tall enough to overshadow the tall grass.

Intentions Unknown:
-Evined Viper: it hisseeees

Hostile:
-Earthbound Dibras:

Spoiler: Xizilitiz Status (click to show/hide)

Go'Von, the Gray Ooze (Puppyguard)
Go'Von fled across the ceiling away from the tiny creatures, spurred on by the pain of the stings.

Escape to the ceiling:
Action Roll (Diff 10): [11]
Outcome Roll: [4] -Success-

You quickly creeped toward the ceiling, unwilling to suffer from more of these vicious insects. Fortunately, they stopped giving chase once you were far away enough from the crevice.

The buzzing swarm poured back into the crack in the rock, and silence set in once more.

Spoiler: Go'Von Status (click to show/hide)

Aspred Bagrid, the Enormous Catfish Serpent (GigaGiant)
Aspred Bagrid, the Enormous Catfish Serpent
Seek out a boat full of people, but stay beneath the water's surface. Stay aware of underwater dangers while doing this.

Finding a boat:
Action Roll (Diff 18 ): [19]
Outcome Roll: [1] -Success-

Once you felt ready, you left the underwater caves, heading back toward the upper sea. No hostile creature or dangerous monster crossed your path, and your ascent was totally undisturbed.

Then once close enough to the surface, you roamed, looking for a different kind of game. Humans. Could they even be found in such distant waters?

The wait was long, and the search laborious. From afar, you saw the shadow of a lone ship. It wasn't large, but still bigger than a small boat.

Spoiler: Aspred Bagrid Status (click to show/hide)

Theta, the Wolf (Rautherdir)
Alright. Use Blinding Terror, if it fails run away.

Blinding Terror: -2MP
Opposition Roll (Int 2 vs Ind 0): [7] vs [6]
Outcome Roll: [5] -Overshoot-

You channelled your power, using your [Blinding Terror] skill. The change in the Leuscrat's complexion was swift, its whole body shivered and it instinctively stepped back. Then it made a terrified roar, and immediately tried to run away from you.

Intentions Unknown:
-Leuscrat: Terrified!

Spoiler: Theta Status (click to show/hide)

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
Skee sneaked up on the feasting animal from behind, as quietly as possible, hiding among fallen leaves and blades of tall grass, before giving it a paralysing sting when close enough, then hid in a crevice or under a leaf  while waiting for the poison to take effect.

Sneak Attack:
Combat Roll (Str 0 vs Con 0): [5]+4 (Sneak Attack (+4)) vs [7]
Critical Roll: [2] -Normal Hit-
Damage: [1]*1 = [1]

You sneaked behind the unsuspecting animal, managing to get past its vigilance. Then with a swift sting, you injected your paralysing venom in the body of the predator.

Hiding:
Action Roll (Diff 12): [5]+6 (Small (+2) Sneak Attack (+4))
Outcome Roll: [4] -Failure-

The very moment you stang the Junbara, it immediately stopped eating turned in your direction. You have been spotted!

Hostile:
-Young Junbara: Paralysing Venom Injected

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)

Gordy the Toothbaby (Paxiecrunchie)
Climb through the branches, in a northerly direction until we detect any beings worth hijacking or feeding on.

Wandering:
Event Roll: [3]

You climbed in the nearbiest tree, and moved somewhat northward by moving from tree to tree. There was still no change of landscape as you progressed north, still the same muddy tropical forest. On your way you only spotted animals and small weak monsters.

Some fish in the muddy waters, a group of large slugs slowly eating at a tree, and some small birds too swift for you to possibly catch.

Spoiler: Gordy's Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster (Beirus)
Gray bows towards the man. "Thank you. And if the caravan comes under threat, I will help to defend it.
I would appreciate it if you would tell your comrades so that they do not attack me."

Follow the caravan from an appropriate distance.

"Yeah, I will pass the word."

With that said, the man whistled to its mount, and the large lizard answered with a tongue snap. They headed back toward the caravan.

The convoy started moving again, and Brown and you followed behind.
"That man was actually nicer than I thought. I don't know how I would react in his place."

Fluff Roll: [2]

Not a single human rider came to see you.

Event Roll: [5]

The front of the caravan stopped, and the rest followed suit. You attempted to take a look from your position to see if you could understand what was happening. The riders didn't seem agitated, and most kept their positions. There was probably no danger then.

You think you saw a group of people with a pack animal that didn't belong to the main caravan. It was hard to see from there.

Then you saw the security captain riding toward you, once he arrived to your position, he said.
"There is someone that wants to see you, you may come."

He immediately returned to the main caravan.

Naturally, you felt curious and heeded to his words. When you arrived at the back of the caravan, you saw a cloaked human waiting for you, he was surrounded by four riders including the security captain.

The cloak bore the same symbol as yours and Brown's. That person was also a disciple of Masen. He took off his hood and desert mask, revealing a tan middle aged man. His dark brown hair had strands of white hair. 

"My name is Hinrab. I am a disciple of Masen."

Non-Hostile:
-Ashafan Caravan Security Captain: Tense
-3 Copper Gecko Riders: Tense
-Hinrab, Masen disciple:

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

The Azarian Project, the Thoughling (Dustan Hache)

You saw yourself die.

Was it really you? Yes and no. You weren't sure. It was you, but at the same time, it wasn't you. You were the same, but you were also different.

You are in what must have once been a village from which all that remains are decrepit houses and stones. The sky is perpetually clouded by gray clouds, and the sun never reaches down there.

Everything is calm, motionless.

You hear cackling. In the street, a group of gnome-like creatures with slate skin and red eyes are feeding on an unrecognizable carrion.

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
"It's only natural to want to fulfill your dreams. And since you've got me now, you may actually be able to make them reality."

More talking? More talking. Not that I'm complaining.

[That night, the day of Prias return]

"What do you mean? Just having a shapeshifting ring isn't going to help me kill monsters, and let's not think about surviving in the deadlands."

[The next morning]

Before the first rays of sunlight could even reach the village, Prias headed for the hut of Veras. The old man had worked all night on the remedy, and was already waiting for the young man.

"Apply this on the wound. The cursed skin should turn into a large scab, and it will be very painful. Then let him rest, and heal the wound like a normal one. Come back tomorrow for another phial, and repeat the process. The curse will be completely gone in two days."

With a phial of navy blue liquid, he headed for the house of his friend. Every person of the household were waiting around the sick man, Septor.

"With that, will the curse?..."

"Yes. This is Veras we are talking about, his magic and alchemy never failed us."

You remained silent, content on observing the situation.

Sandra, the eldest sister, took off the bandage around Septor's arm. The skin was purple and putrefied, and the veins had turned black. A black fluid oozed from the wound, a wound that didn't seem natural.

Prias handed the phial to Sandra, and repeated the old man's instructions. The woman nodded, and proceed to apply the phial's content to the cursed arm. The liquid was instantly absorbed by the purple skin, which violently transformed into cicatrizing tissue. Septor let out a muffled scream, his visage contorting in pain.

(...)

Roughly a hour had passed, and Prias was now in the forest surrounding the village. He was checking and placing traps around.

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 03:50:07 am by Nakéen »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 21, 2017, 08:13:12 pm »

first, try to get my bearings and hide.  Then, reach out and try to feed on the mind of one of the gnomes for Information and growth. Being hidden should make it easier to avoid retaliation.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 08:14:48 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 21, 2017, 08:18:35 pm »

Squelchy dispersed emergency pheromones. No telling what slime may show up, but anything is better than this.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster [14] - Turn 9
« Reply #296 on: October 21, 2017, 08:41:45 pm »

Gordy, Immensely disappointed at the lack of a worthwhile challenge decides to wander west this time until either he begins to hunger or he finds a worthwhile target or an unusual feature of the landscape

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 21, 2017, 08:47:19 pm »

We found a monster that called himself an "Arachnastinian". They are natives and have proposed that we submit to them and their Overlord Veleshk in exchange for protection from the other inhabitants. If we accept,
they say we will become part of a great kingdom and they said that we should send someone south.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 21, 2017, 08:55:25 pm »

Seeing the danger was gone, Go'Von went to sleep to burn some calories for healing.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 21, 2017, 08:57:25 pm »

We found a monster that called himself an "Arachnastinian". They are natives and have proposed that we submit to them and their Overlord Veleshk in exchange for protection from the other inhabitants. If we accept,
they say we will become part of a great kingdom and they said that we should send someone south.

"What the... It called itself an Arachnastinian you said... Submitting? This is an urgent matter, I will have to gather the various representatives... What about you, what do you think about all this?"
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 99