Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 214861 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 29
« Reply #780 on: May 26, 2018, 07:58:09 am »

check the underground for residents or information regarding the beacon. If the ogres found interest in it, it must be fairly powerful.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 26, 2018, 07:58:37 am »

"Well, just low stages and some poisons. I'll control unknowns, it might be interesting to make them fight each other."

Control the unknown entities. Then blast away normal Skalruogs using weapons while mind-controlled pawns settle their fight. Let Liel analyze the performance of unknowns this way, before finishing.
If control somehow fails - our illusions in their middle should do the trick of infighting.

(There are some mistakes - Astrosa has not ring, but Bracelet and it gives +2 RES, not +1. Skalruogs are mentioned as stage 2, while their stats are stage 1. Also, Essence Mishap - PMed you)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 11:27:57 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 26, 2018, 09:07:01 am »

Keep attacking, the Banera will be dead soon !

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 26, 2018, 11:04:33 am »

Neophytos coughs some blood. He wasn't in condition to continue fighting, but he still pleads to the beast to leave him behind and run away.

"'W-why..? Don't you see the wasp is going to k-kill them all? Haven't we safrificed enough? Don't be a f-fool like me and run."

"Leave me here. I can still w-win some time for the others. Flee, I'm just weighting you down. D-don't you see? I'm already dead, I died that day the demons attacked. I died the day the woods burned down. But, unlike the others, I wasn't allowed to rest and become one with the earth."

"...The wasp is preparing an attack, the area is charged with a massive amount of elemental energy. I can't ensure that you will survive the blast if you're slowed down by carrying my corpse. It's your choice, to leave me or continue with dead weight."

Let the beast choose.

If it let's me win time and die fighting to protect them: Silva Dolorem and Mind Blasts, trying to slow down the wasp and damage it until it kills me.

If it insists on carrying me: Don't fight back and just rest. Fall unconscious from the pain and effort from the fight. I don't want to face another bloodshed.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 26, 2018, 12:04:18 pm »

Go'Von
To find a village for food, either in the caves or on the surface, This was Go'Von's current goal.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 26, 2018, 12:38:53 pm »

keep up the attack! Hold the rippers in our triangular grasp as long as possible; if nothing else, it'll be a handy formation if we have to run!
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 28
« Reply #786 on: May 26, 2018, 09:24:42 pm »

Important notice!
Thanks to Sarrak, I noticed discrepancies with stages and essence. For some odd reason too, I had forgotten about the completely incomprehensible tables I had written in the mechanics, and I apologize for that.

I reworked that part based on one of my documents.

Quote from: In Transformation/Leveling
Essence Table: (reworked)
There are four qualities of essence: Lesser, Medium, High and Apex.
Starting from Stage 5, Lesser essence is no longer absorbed by your monster.
Starting from Stage 8, Medium essence is no longer absorbed by your monster.

As a consequence, you will have no choice but to face increasingly stronger opponents to reach higher stages of evolution.

Monsters release a set amount of essence depending on their stage:
Code: [Select]
Stage - Essence Drop - Quality
   0               1             Lesser
   1               2             Lesser
   2               5             Lesser
   3               10            Medium
   4               20            Medium
   5               40            Medium
   6               80            High
   7               160           High
   8               320           High
   9               640           Apex
  10               1280          Apex

Stage requisites:
Code: [Select]
Stage - Required Essence
   0               0
   1               2
   2               10
   3               20
   4               50
   5               120
   6               300
   7               750
   8               1500
   9               3000
  10               6000

Feel free to discuss or rage at me :p

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 26, 2018, 09:58:11 pm »

The scaleing for essence is a bit odd, but okay. I hope to finish restarting the beacon before anyone arrives though...
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 26, 2018, 10:32:10 pm »

Squelchy introduces itself, and then asks Xorosk quite simply where the nearest "safe place" would be for the slimes.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 27, 2018, 10:34:24 am »

I'm guessing my character doesn't get on cause the waitlist isn't actually open?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 27, 2018, 02:05:30 pm »

I'm guessing my character doesn't get on cause the waitlist isn't actually open?
We currently have 10 active players, 6 inactive and 6 on waitlist (some of which might be also inactive). When starting the game, Nakéen wanted to take 10, but then included more. Not sure about his current stance on introducing more players, but I'd support this - it is good to see this world from different perspectives
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 27, 2018, 02:23:36 pm »

Gray and Brown will spend their time training with the warriors they met, working on their combination attack and their mastery, or at least understanding, of their own martial arts. Also, they will visit libraries to learn about the Ashafan culture, mainly looking for a way to avoid being instantly attacked by anyone who notices what they are, like the challenge thing the Radasars do. They will also search libraries for info on magic and interesting things in the surroundings, like places Gray might find rare or unique glyphs or something to help him on his original goal of finding nice people to go live at the castle. Evenings will be spent learning magic from Hinrab, and Gray and Brown will spend any extra time trying to meditate and absorb essence from the surroundings. Or Gray could spend the time working further on his martial arts by having his split parts spar each other so he can work on perfecting his form.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 27, 2018, 03:54:31 pm »

We currently have 10 active players, 6 inactive and 6 on waitlist (some of which might be also inactive). When starting the game, Nakéen wanted to take 10, but then included more. Not sure about his current stance on introducing more players, but I'd support this - it is good to see this world from different perspectives
You both have a point. I was worried about adding more players to the active list because of the delay it would add to updates. Sarrak also strikes a chord there, there are many places I want to be explored far beyond what has been seen as of yet. Mmh.

I will keep thinking about it, and make a decision on Turn 30.

So waitlisters, if you are around, watch out for T30!

(Also TricMagic added to waitlist)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 27, 2018, 03:56:31 pm »

Ahahahaha. The players list/waitlist exceeds maximum character count. Moving the waitlist to NPC data...

edit: Turn up tomorrow
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 04:31:38 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 30, 2018, 03:36:38 am »

Turn 29:

Turn 28

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
"... Forgive me, this is my fault. Not only was I overconfident in our abilities, I underestimated the opponent as well. Kid, Veras, how are you feeling? Can you both stand? We need to fix these wounds fast."

Nat 20 saved my ass. Now to try to fix the damage.

Veras: [2]
Prias: [6]

Hearing your voice, Prias dragged himself out of unconsciousness. Perking up, he noticed Veras lying on the ground, bleeding.
"Ver-!"

His exhausted body answered in kind, sending a violent pain coursing through his bones and muscles. Falling to his knees, Prias was on the verge of screaming of pain.

Veras faintly spoke, mustering all his energy to articulate a few words.
"The ochre potion with a red lid... pour it..."

Overcome the pain:
Moderate-Hard 12: [19]
Outcome: [6] -Overshoot-

Gritting his teeth, Prias crawled toward Veras. Your bond allowed you to feel and understand his pain, he was displaying a formidable willpower. Rummaging through a bag, he took the aforementioned ochre potion. Opening it with his teeth, he tore the clothes surrounding the gash and then poured the potion's content on it.

The blood coagulated at an alarming rate, and the flesh healed in a crude but equally fast rate. The wound was closed and still fresh, but Veras' state was now stabilized.

Prias then collapsed for good, his mind unable to bear the strain.

"Ha... We must quickly get back to the village. That wound... still need proper treatment, and Prias is in no way of continuing. Eximius. Sorry for making such a mistake. We have one last resort, but I don't want to use it unless there is no other option."

Veras then explained to you that he had a magical tool with him, that once activated would send a distress signal to a linked tool in the village chief's possession. The tools could track each other, so a resuce team could find all of you easily.

But this was the deadland, and they were still villagers. You understood that Veras didn't want to risk the lives of the other villagers unless there was no other option.

What did you decide?

Nearby Monsters:
-None!

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Azarian, the Imbued Thoughtling (Dustan Hache)
check the underground for residents or information regarding the beacon. If the ogres found interest in it, it must be fairly powerful.

Flavor Roll: [6]
You descended the stairs, heading toward the lower levels. It didn't take you long to sense presences in the first level, a rather large room with a corridor at the other end.

Undead Ogres, apparently two of them, blocked the way ahead.

Nearby Monsters:
-2 Undead Ogres

Spoiler: Azarian's Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
"Well, just low stages and some poisons. I'll control unknowns, it might be interesting to make them fight each other."

Control the unknown entities. Then blast away normal Skalruogs using weapons while mind-controlled pawns settle their fight. Let Liel analyze the performance of unknowns this way, before finishing.
If control somehow fails - our illusions in their middle should do the trick of infighting.

(There are some mistakes - Astrosa has not ring, but Bracelet and it gives +2 RES, not +1. Skalruogs are mentioned as stage 2, while their stats are stage 1. Also, Essence Mishap - PMed you)

Total Control (Multi Targets):
Easy 8: [19]
Outcome: [6] -Overshoot-

Astrosa:
(Str 6 vs Con 1): [14]+4 (Shatterer4) vs [5]

By the time you had finished controlling the unknown entities, Astrosa had already reduced the surrounding Skalruogs into minced meat.

Your reaction speed has increased again Astrosa. Ulkas, you took a little too long overpowering the mind of these two, and your dominance was too strong.

Indeed, one of the controled monster's mind was now reduced to that of a slave only capable of processing very simple orders.

The two beings moved toward you. They were Skalruogs too, but their scales were deeper colored and they had an additional eye.

'Coordinators'. They send orders from the backline, but are ill-suited to direct combat. What do you intend to do with these?

"Ah... That was awfully boring. It was like fighting punching targets."

The Lesser Essence simply dissipated after a while, as you couldn't absorb it. According to Liel, free Essence returned to the Heart. It seems in the past though, the process was instantaneous. It was in fact so fast that the existence of Essence wasn't discovered until recently.

"I guess we should avoid weaker monsters now. It actually feels like a waste of time, a chore even. Don't you think so Ulkas?"

Nearby Monsters:
-14 Skalruogs: All dead
Stage 1
Max HP 15
Max MP 12
STR 1
CON 1
POW -1
RES -1
INT 1
IND 0-1
[Poisons detected]
[No magic affinity detected]

-2 Skalruog 'Leaders' Controlled

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
Keep attacking, the Banera will be dead soon !

Makralians:
(Str [1,1,1,1,1] vs Con 2): [4,5,8,7,12]+2 (Rallying Cry, Group) vs [9]-2 (Badly Wounded)
Critical: [4] -Normal Hits-
Damage: [7]*2/3=[4]

The five of you kept biting and tearing at the Banera, until it was finally dead for good.

20 Medium Essence unclaimed

None of you could actually believe you had managed to defeat it.

Nearby Monsters:
-4 Adult Makralians
-Black Banera: [Dead]

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)

Neophytos the Sole Survivor, Psychic Pain Spider (randomgenericusername)
Neophytos coughs some blood. He wasn't in condition to continue fighting, but he still pleads to the beast to leave him behind and run away.

"'W-why..? Don't you see the wasp is going to k-kill them all? Haven't we safrificed enough? Don't be a f-fool like me and run."

"Leave me here. I can still w-win some time for the others. Flee, I'm just weighting you down. D-don't you see? I'm already dead, I died that day the demons attacked. I died the day the woods burned down. But, unlike the others, I wasn't allowed to rest and become one with the earth."

"...The wasp is preparing an attack, the area is charged with a massive amount of elemental energy. I can't ensure that you will survive the blast if you're slowed down by carrying my corpse. It's your choice, to leave me or continue with dead weight."

Let the beast choose.

If it let's me win time and die fighting to protect them: Silva Dolorem and Mind Blasts, trying to slow down the wasp and damage it until it kills me.

If it insists on carrying me: Don't fight back and just rest. Fall unconscious from the pain and effort from the fight. I don't want to face another bloodshed.

The Choice: [2]
The beast was moved by your words, and understood your resolution. Such a brave warrior, he knew the guilt of going against your wishes would kill him.

The beast left you there. Bracing yourself for the fight, you headed in.

Birds and Insects: [4,4,6,2,1]
Surger: [4]

The flying monsters kept relentlessly attacking the Surger, and three of them managed to damage it. Two got killed during the fight, unable to help much.

Silva Dolorem: (-4MP)
(Pow 1 vs Con 1): [11]+8 (Jungle Environment +2 Critical State +6) vs [2]-3 (Busy, Slight Fatigue)
Critical Roll: [3]+2 -Normal Hit-
Average Damage Roll: [6]*1=[6]

The jungle screamed as you used your last bits of mana to cast Silva Dolorem. The frenzied plants moved at a blinding fast speed toward the Surger, attempting to pierce and crush it.

Several hits landed, but the Surger briefly overcharged its field to turn all the plants around it to ashes.

Mind Blast:
(Pow 1 vs Res 0): [3]-6 (Fatigue, Critical State) vs [7]-3 (Slight Fatigue, Rage)

Once more, your mind blast "brushed off", having no effect. The Surger, wounded and annoyed, started flapping its wings at an incredible speed, emitting a loud buzzing sound.

As the sound became louder, the elemental energy surrounding the Surger became more agitated.

Clack made the Elemanoptera with its mandibles.

Saving Roll: [2]-1

Neophytos couldn't hear anything. Neophytos couldn't feel anything. In an instant, the whole area had been filled with flames, lightning and ice. Plants, flesh, ground and air were simultaneously burnt, frozen and electrified, and no one but the Elemanoptera survived.

Neophytos is dead.

Nearby Monsters:
-Elemanoptera Tri-Surger [Hostile]
> Field of elemental energy

Go'Von, the Strangler Ooze (Puppyguard)
Go'Von
To find a village for food, either in the caves or on the surface, This was Go'Von's current goal.

Go'Von decided to seek for a rumored place. A "village".

Travel Roll: [5]
Inspired by some unknown force, Go'Von decided to seek the Surface. After days, maybe even weeks of wandering through the underground, he saw the Sun for the first time.

He had emerged in a "Lair" of the Baldarus Plains. The underground network he had known was sprawling under the Baldarus Plains and many other regions of the western part of the "Continent". The Baldarus Plains had the most connections with the underground, and these connections were called "Lairs" by the humans of the Baldars Plains.

Go'Von left a hole, finding no village, but some temporary settlement. In this settlement lived Marandarsians, the Humans of these lands. Though to them, these lands belonged to their country: Marandars, the Savage Country.

Go'Von earned 5 Lesser Essence during his travels...

Nearby Monsters:
-None

Spoiler: Go'Von Status (click to show/hide)

Terrence the Bone Baron - (ironsnake345)
keep up the attack! Hold the rippers in our triangular grasp as long as possible; if nothing else, it'll be a handy formation if we have to run!

You decided to press on the attack!

Spoiler: First Round (click to show/hide)
Terrence lost 8HP

Ow! The ruffians can hurt. You ended up a bit overwhelmed by your three opponents, and ended up in a bad state. Vel and Artomal are faring better though, especially Artomal who took down one of them!

The fierce battle continues.

Nearby Monsters:
-Artomal, 'Gentleman' Specter Ally
-8 Undead Rippers (humanoid, 4 to 6 clawed arms, no armor)
Vs Terrence:
> all fine and dandy
Vs Vel:
> one to -9
> one to -2
Vs Artomal:
> one dead
> one to -2

Spoiler: Terrence Status (click to show/hide)

Squelchy, the Omnislime (Coolrune206)
Squelchy introduces itself, and then asks Xorosk quite simply where the nearest "safe place" would be for the slimes.

Flavor Roll: [2]
"Apart from this spring, I know of no safe place. I'm sorry. My offer still stands though, you and your friends will be able to rest there for a short while. After that though, you will have to leave and face the new savagery of the jungle..."

The Dragon was genuinely sorry to be unable to help you.

[Timeskip...]

After gathering up the slimes, what would you do for the future?

Nearby Monsters:
-Xorosk, 'Spring Guardian' Superior Miasma Dragon Friendly

Spoiler: Squelchy Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster (Beirus)
Gray and Brown will spend their time training with the warriors they met, working on their combination attack and their mastery, or at least understanding, of their own martial arts. Also, they will visit libraries to learn about the Ashafan culture, mainly looking for a way to avoid being instantly attacked by anyone who notices what they are, like the challenge thing the Radasars do. They will also search libraries for info on magic and interesting things in the surroundings, like places Gray might find rare or unique glyphs or something to help him on his original goal of finding nice people to go live at the castle. Evenings will be spent learning magic from Hinrab, and Gray and Brown will spend any extra time trying to meditate and absorb essence from the surroundings. Or Gray could spend the time working further on his martial arts by having his split parts spar each other so he can work on perfecting his form.

Training Rolls: [5,5]
Library Roll: [6]
Tourism Roll: [1]

Gray is an actual Genius (Trait)!
"Gray has an exceptional capacity to learn and adapt. He picks up new knowledge and skills at an alarming rate."

The following days were a whole new experience to you and Brown. Interacting with so many people and learning so many different things made you discover brand new horizons.

There was so much to see, to do, to learn. Life seemed more wonderful than ever.

Training:
The results of your training were very apparent. Facing various opponents, each using vastly different skillsets and martial arts helped you greatly improve your own martial art. Splitting parts and having them spar was still too hard for you, as it required a lot of consciousness.
[Strength +1]
[Martial Art: Advanced]

With the help of Hinrab, your deepened your knowledge and mastery of Glyph Magic. He also told you that rarer and more powerful Glyphs could be found in Damascus, the Royal Capital, or in Jinna Fel, the most magically advanced city of Ashafan.
[Power +1]
[Advanced Magic (Glyph)]

Brown spent all his time in the arenas, training his body. He was more interested in becoming stronger, and really appreciated the company of warriors.
[Brown Strength +1]
[Martial Art: Advanced]

Library:
Knowing how to read, you devoured books after books, never getting bored of new knowledge and ideas. You learnt a lot about Ashafan culture and history, as well as the neighboring countries.

Ashafan, the desert kingdom, currently ruled by the First Prince Armakan. It was part of an alliance with two other kingdoms: Fordania and Vol. Of the three kingdoms, Ashafan was the most magically advanced. It was thanks to their skills and knowledge in magic that Ashafans could thrive in the mana-rich Copper Desert, which also greatly helped against invaders.

Ashafans had a lot of complex traditions, the Bartaka, or Trial of the Warriors, was such a tradition. You learnt several others, such as Qad-Issa, which told that you had to reveal your face when entering the house of a host, or an unnamed one where mounting was always to be done from the left side as not to anger the spirits.
[Intelligence +1]
[Knowledgeable of Ashafan Culture]

As an aside, you found and read many fictional stories of monsters and humans living together. Whether they were myths or facts, you could not tell.

Tourism:
An unfortunate accident caused several soldiers to see your face. And because of the current tense climate about monsters, the city's forces started looking for you.

Maybe it was about time to leave Farune.

[Gray was unable to acquire Essence though]

Nearby Humans:
-Hinrab, Masen disciple: Friendly

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 04:24:19 am by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 99