Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 214847 times)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 34
« Reply #930 on: November 10, 2018, 11:54:05 pm »

Ulkas tsked at his companion berserking eagerness. Something seemed off about this situation. Even Astrosa reactions were a bit too rash and hasty. Surely, nothing could have messed with her mind? Or... Her Eyes. Hm-hm. When she saw the monster first, it was keeping distance. And it continues to keep similar distance ever since, no? One way to check it out.

”Astrosa. NOT HERE! Low visibility and we can’t judge its strength with anything but your Eyes. We need to rise above the cloud range first - it would be much, much colder there, limiting our pursuer as it does not have our artifacts. When it actually shows itself, three of us would analyse how we can win - and CRUSH it.”

Ulkas then observed the crimson demoness with hidden worry.

”Also, you’re losing your temper way too fast, as if you returned just as we met first. Has something happened to trigger your emotions?”

Fly above clouds, check monster out. If Astrosa starts losing control - see if something foreign affects her.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: November 11, 2018, 12:42:50 am »

"It tried to harm us. It will serve as a good benchmark of how strong we have grown."

Fire five soft shots at the wraith, try to distribute them evenly spaced in a pentagon shape with enough space for me to strike in the center. Hopefully they'll do some contact elemental damage until I can utilize them. If I am also able to do so this turn, shape one of my fists to have the Glyph of Calm on it somehow. Maybe across the fingers between the knuckles? Oh, or maybe shape my fist into something somewhat more aerodynamic than a brick and have the glyph on the end, like a stamp press. Should make it easier to coordinate if I only have to shape the shots next turn. Have Brown attack the wraith as well, aiming to keep its attention.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 04:11:39 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: November 11, 2018, 05:18:14 am »

"It might not be, but they didn't come after us to eat.  You know we taste bad to other creatures.  And you know we don't need to compete with them for territory, as we eat stuff they don't eat.  They came at my flock to kill, and attacked us out of the blue.  That's why I want to get them back one.. not just for revenge, but so they'll have a harder time doing it again."

"If you say no, I promised, so I'll go with you and help you settle somewhere else.  But I'll come back to this area after that."

Try once more to convince them.  If that doesn't work, go with them.  Don't pick a fight with anything except other carrion monsters, as competition is only required between creatures with similar ecological niches.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 04:42:10 am by Devastator »

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: November 11, 2018, 08:32:56 am »

Once again, assume a defensive stance and get ready to attack any contestant that draws near.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: November 11, 2018, 09:20:57 am »

Disperse into icy mist. I take less ice damage with Ice Ward, but physical attacks still hurt me.

Recover and hide behind a tree branch, then use Antarctic Wind to freeze it in place.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: November 11, 2018, 12:34:47 pm »

As Prias readied to spring the trap, Eximius spoke through their mental link. "Alright, let's do this, kid. Remember that ridding it of the ability to poison is our priority before we get too close."

Regardless of the trap working or not, let's start strong. Activate Blink and if Prias needs a long ranged option - Mana Wave as well.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: November 11, 2018, 05:37:20 pm »

Indeed. Let us journey in search of glory!
Onwards!
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: November 11, 2018, 08:24:40 pm »

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster (Beirus)
"It tried to harm us. It will serve as a good benchmark of how strong we have grown."

Fire five soft shots at the wraith, try to distribute them evenly spaced in a pentagon shape with enough space for me to strike in the center. Hopefully they'll do some contact elemental damage until I can utilize them. If I am also able to do so this turn, shape one of my fists to have the Glyph of Calm on it somehow. Maybe across the fingers between the knuckles? Oh, or maybe shape my fist into something somewhat more aerodynamic than a brick and have the glyph on the end, like a stamp press. Should make it easier to coordinate if I only have to shape the shots next turn. Have Brown attack the wraith as well, aiming to keep its attention.

"Understood!"
You fired five shots at the Wraith while and Brown rushed it. As an aside, your Glyph of Calm cleared Brown's confusion.

[Gray: Chaosmetal Bombardment - 5 shots (Pentagon)] 5HP
(Easy-Moderate) 8: [7]
Outcome: [6] -Partial Success-

[Brown: Taunting]
(Moderate) 10: [11]
Outcome: [2] -Success-

Despite being affected by your Glyph of Calm, the Wraith was still pretty reactive. It dodged two of the shots, leaving the three others to land on its torso, upper right shoulder and left hip. Minor fire and ice elemental damage was inflicted to the Wraith. -3HP

Brown succeeded in drawing the attention of the Wraith. It withdrew a few steps backward, and unleashed a violent stream of sand at Brown.

[Brown: Rock Fortress]
(Moderate-Easy) 8: [9]
Outcome: [6] -Overshoot-
Brown activated Rock Fortress, preparing to take the attack of the Wraith. He went a bit overboard with the hardening, causing him to be locked into Rock Fortress until the end of the next turn.

[Wraith: Hate Storm]
(Pow 3 vs Con 3): [13] vs [6]+4 (Rock Fortress)
Critical: [6]
Damage: [4]-2=[2]
[Fear Effect]
(Int 1 vs Ind 1): [3] vs [10]
Brown stood his ground against the raging attack, the powerful stream of sand barely denting his hardened form. His clothes were not spared damage though.
[Damaged clothes]

[Gray: Morphous - Glyph of Calm]
[Easy] 5: [20] -Critical Success-
You shaped the end of your fist into a masterful Glyph of Calm, and altered your fist and arm to a more slender, aerodynamic shape.

[Chaotic Shift]: [4]
You remained stable, still in Chaos Form.

Nearby Monsters:
-Greater Sand Wraith [Hostile]
Damage Inflicted: 3 (2 Fire, 1 Ice)

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: November 11, 2018, 09:12:43 pm »

((Why did I have to roll for Chaotic Shift? I thought that only applied when I'm not in base form.))

Gray rushes the distracted Wraith and strikes with focus. "Threefold Calming Strike!"

Gray forms his blobs into Magnify glyphs and strikes the distracted Wraith with his Calming Fist (TM), using as much mana as necessary to activate the glyph to really hurt this thing and activating the Magnify glyphs to increase the power. Or really calm it and magnify the chillness? I'm not sure if I'm going to be doing actual damage or dosing it with the magical version of marijuana via my fist, but it should be interesting. The important part of the strike isn't so much the physical strength behind it as precisely hitting a spot near the torso glyph to get the most out of the magnify glyph. Maybe the diaphragm area between the chest and torso if that would work.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 12:20:57 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: January 12, 2019, 05:28:43 am »

Update two months later, coming in the next few days :s
Next updates will be more frequent too!

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: January 12, 2019, 12:17:18 pm »

Huzzah!
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: January 13, 2019, 07:03:28 am »

Aww yeeeee, finally :D

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: January 13, 2019, 05:50:40 pm »

Good to see you back! :d

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 35
« Reply #943 on: January 14, 2019, 04:23:14 am »

Turn 35:

Turn 34

Squelchy, the Apex Omnislime (Coolrune206)
Squelchy decided to circle around the dangerous area, using the extra time it now has to split off some tiny Squelchies from its main body using genesis.

[Genesis] -4HP
In an action akin to pulling your hairs, if you had any, you create several pseudo-slimes by splitting bits off your body. Simple and lacking in intelligence, these offshoots can understand basic orders and likewise send back basic answers through the use of slime pheromones.

You then took the safe path.

[Through the safest path!]
[Easy] 6: [12]
Outcome: [5] -Overshoot-

Following Zed's instructions, your group travelled along the safe area. This part of the jungle was noticeably more colorful than the previous one, the plants there harboured bright and beautiful leaves and flowers. The humid air carried the sweet scent of nectar mixed with a complex palette of flowery fragrance, making you feel at ease. Yet you felt slightly uneasy and on your guard, knowing appearances could be deceptive.

[Perception]
[Moderate-Hard] 12: [14]
Outcome: [3] -Critical Success-

After roughly an hour of uneventful progression, a dawning revelation confirmed your unease. Your senses were being tampered with by this fragrance, and you had been wandering in the wrong direction as a consequence. Furthermore, you noticed this fragrance seemed to rob you of most of your hostility.

For now you kept this information to yourself, pondering on the best course of action to take. Following this route would eventually lead you out of the jungles, but as long as your senses were disoriented, you had no idea where you would actually end up.

If only something could be done about that smell?

Spoiler: Squelchy Status (click to show/hide)

Viridikion the Green Dragon Hatchling (randomgenericusername)
Ack! That thing, that long monster just bited me! How... H-how...

How DARE you!?! To attack ME, a dragon? I'll... I"LL...

Viridikion, shaking with rage, leaps towards the snake monster. Try to bite it's head off, or at least latch to it's body with my strong jaws!

[Leap and Bite]
(Str 1 vs Con 0): [12] vs [8]
Critical: [8]
Damage: [4]x1.5=[6]

Welling up with anger, you lept at the snake and successfully bit at its sturdy head. Its scales were surprisingly sturdy, but still less than your fangs. Trying to tear it apart, you shook your head around, causing blood to splatter on the nearby leaves.

[Snake: Coil and Strangle]
(Str 1 vs Con 1): [10]-2 (Badly Wounded) vs [4]
Critical: [9]
Damage: [2]

You suddenly felt a cold and sleek sensation around your neck. Unwilling to go down without a fight, the bitten snake used the rest of its long body to coil around your neck and start strangling you! A fierce struggle for survival ensued.

[Bite]
(Str 1 vs Con 0): [11]-1 (Wounded) vs [9]-2 (Badly Wounded)
Critical: [7]
Damage: [5]x1.5=[7]

You tensed up your jaw muscles to crush its head for good. The snake's grip suddenly increased, before spasming several times, until it started to weaken. Then finally, its movement stopped and you could breath properly once more.

You had survived your first fight, as attested your bloodied face as well as the trophy in your mouth. Your first step into the life of a dragon of the world!

1 Lesser Essence

Nearby Beings:
-Horned Snake Monster Dead

Spoiler: Viridikion Status (click to show/hide)

Azarian, the Imbued Thoughtling (Dustan Hache)
faccinating. Any trails leading away from the building? Perhaps to something that knows where to find humans?

[Searching for Trails]
[Moderate] 10: [7]
Outcome: [4] -Failure-

To your dismay, your search for trails was unfruitful. You did manage to find which exit the previous occupants took, but the traces became too vague once you exited the structures. Returning inside, you rested a bit to recover your energy.

2MP recovered

You analyzed the place a bit. The partially crumbled walls had a limestone feel and color, and it was unlikely their current ruined state was due to natural causes. A wall there seemed to have collapsed after something struck it for instance, causing the roof to partially collapse.

Now feeling restored, you peeked outside. The ever cloudy sky hadn't changed. The wind was softly blowing, whistling between the rocks.

Two roars were heard afar. Feral and vicious, they must have belonged to one of the many savage beasts of this land. They were likely fighting or going to.

Nearby Monsters:
-Two monsters (not nearby)

Spoiler: Azarian's Status (click to show/hide)

Go'Von, the Strangler Ooze (Puppyguard)
Go'Von
Find a reasonably safe place nearby and transform.

Spoiler: Transformation (click to show/hide)

Your visual appearance changed greatly, with your gray color fading away until your body became near transparent. Despite looking less rocky, your body had become sturdier and more resistant to damage.

You looked at the great hole ahead. It was wide enough that circling around it would take a while, give or take an hour or two. You could feel the place was vibrant of life, and that were you to descend in it, you would definitely fight for your life.

Updated the Location to "near a Baldars Monster Pit". Did it for the turns 33 and 34 too

Nearby Beings:
-1 Winged Feline monster [Dead]

Spoiler: Go'Von Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
Ulkas tsked at his companion berserking eagerness. Something seemed off about this situation. Even Astrosa reactions were a bit too rash and hasty. Surely, nothing could have messed with her mind? Or... Her Eyes. Hm-hm. When she saw the monster first, it was keeping distance. And it continues to keep similar distance ever since, no? One way to check it out.

”Astrosa. NOT HERE! Low visibility and we can’t judge its strength with anything but your Eyes. We need to rise above the cloud range first - it would be much, much colder there, limiting our pursuer as it does not have our artifacts. When it actually shows itself, three of us would analyse how we can win - and CRUSH it.”

Ulkas then observed the crimson demoness with hidden worry.

”Also, you’re losing your temper way too fast, as if you returned just as we met first. Has something happened to trigger your emotions?”

Fly above clouds, check monster out. If Astrosa starts losing control - see if something foreign affects her.

[Analysing Astrosa's behavior]
(Int 5 vs Int 6): [12]+2 (Extreme Analysis 2) vs [13]
Outcome: [2] -Success-

The anomaly within Astrosa's behavior didn't escape your insightful eye, and using your insane analytical skills combined with your great intelligence, you determined the source of the disturbance. Naturally, it came from the beings hiding in the clouds under. Some sort of great field was envelopping the surrounding space with the being at its center. Its structure reminded you of a mind, or rather, an extension of a mind. That field was complex and shifting, and it was subtly manipulating the mental state of those inside it. In short, it had a taunting effect on Astrosa.

So the perpetrator was potentially luring you into a fight? Or maybe testing you? Who knew.

You quickled tested your hypothesis, and prompted Astrosa to follow you upward with a strong voice. At the same time, you noticed your voice had the effect of fighting against that field, lessening its effects on Astrosa.
"!!!" "Y-yes, I... Yes."

You both flew upward as fast as you can, until you escaped the field. Immediately Astrosa completely came back to her senses.
(Astrosa seems stabilized. Did you notice something Ulkas?)

"What... I suddenly feel much calm, why did I burst into rage again? Why was this guy below getting on my nerves so much?"

You kept a close eye on the field, it had changed.

[Advanced Mental Techniques]
Easy 5: [6]
Outcome: [3] -Critical Success-

Surprise. Excitation. Curiosity. These feelings lit suddenly within you as you understood. You smirked. This smart bastard was sending you a message through this field, one that only someone with deep knowledge of the mind could understand.

It said "Smart Move" and "Very Interesting". You thought of many ways of answering. This individual was surely well-versed in mind techniques, and projecting a similar field would allow you to converse. You could also simply attempt to establish a telepathic link. Your options were far from limited.

Nearby Monsters:
[!!!]Unknown Stage 8 Monster (Tailing you, currently in the lower layer of clouds)
> Source of a Field of Mind Manipulation

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster (Beirus)
((Why did I have to roll for Chaotic Shift? I thought that only applied when I'm not in base form.))

Gray rushes the distracted Wraith and strikes with focus. "Threefold Calming Strike!"

Gray forms his blobs into Magnify glyphs and strikes the distracted Wraith with his Calming Fist (TM), using as much mana as necessary to activate the glyph to really hurt this thing and activating the Magnify glyphs to increase the power. Or really calm it and magnify the chillness? I'm not sure if I'm going to be doing actual damage or dosing it with the magical version of marijuana via my fist, but it should be interesting. The important part of the strike isn't so much the strength behind it as precisely hitting a spot near the torso glyph to get the most out of the magnify glyph. Maybe the diaphragm area between the chest and torso if that would work.
((Oh mistake of mine. You shouldn't have rolled for Chaotic Shift, I will keep that in mind for the future.))

[Threefold Calming Strike]
(Str 2 vs Con 0): [10]+2 (Martial Art 2) vs [1]+2 (Ethereal) -Defense Critical Failure-
[Critical Hit]
Damage: [12]x3=[36]
Effect: Strong Pacification

Your powerful FIST smashed effortlessly through the sand body of the Wraith, causing a violent burst of sand in the direction of the impact. A pacification shockwave echoed at the same time, completely destroying the mind of the Wraith, given it was made purely of hate.

Nothing remained of the enemy. You were torn between the thoughts of your power being too great or the wraith being too weak. Nevertheless, you had won with gusto.

10 Medium Essence to share

Flavor: [5]

The pacification shockwave travelled further, and ahead you saw several Sand Wraiths appearing. Some started approaching, causing you and Brown to assume battle stances. To your surprise, one spoke.

"Please wait. We come not wishing to fight. We want to give our thanks, and ask for your help. Would you be willing to listen to us?"

Nearby Monsters:
-Pacified Greater Sand Spirits [Non-Hostile]
-Greater Sand Wraith [Dead]
Damage Inflicted: 39 (36 Physical, 2 Fire, 1 Ice)

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

Squacks the Carrion Bird - (Devastator)
"It might not be, but they didn't come after us to eat.  You know we taste bad to other creatures.  And you know we don't need to compete with them for territory, as we eat stuff they don't eat.  They came at my flock to kill, and attacked us out of the blue.  That's why I want to get them back one.. not just for revenge, but so they'll have a harder time doing it again."

"If you say no, I promised, so I'll go with you and help you settle somewhere else.  But I'll come back to this area after that."

Try once more to convince them.  If that doesn't work, go with them.  Don't pick a fight with anything except other carrion monsters, as competition is only required between creatures with similar ecological niches.

[Suggestion]
[Moderate-Hard] 12: [16]

The Carrion Birds on scouting duty returned, intrigued by your presence and discussion. These had a more jagged appearance, bearing scars as proofs of the battles they went through.

The Carrion Birds who previously rebuked you nodded and started speaking to refuse again, but one of these jagged Carrion Birds cut them short.
"Hey wait, what this fellow is saying is interesting. I like it, teaching them a lesson to these arrogant scalers' is a great idea. You don't think so?"

The tone of this Carrion Bird was slightly menacing. A bird of the "lay low" camp voiced its protest, and another of the "revenge" camp protested back. A great quarrel ensued among the flock, between those who wanted to avoid troubles and those who were on board to kill a wyvern or two.

Flavor: [2]
The birds quickly went from words to beaks and talons, causing the quarrel to devolve into a vicious yet short melee. It was too fast for you to make head or tail of who was attacking who, but you did suffer some scratches. -1HP

The flock split into two, and the birds who didn't want to fight the wyverns left without asking for more. Addressing themselves to the other birds, the jagged Carrion Bird said:
"Like we need cowards like these! They will just keep eating shit and dirt until they die! Good riddance right?"

This bird then turned toward you.
"Hey what's your name? I like your guts, call me Kra! Lead us to the wyverns anytime, we will show them."

This female Carrion Bird looked taller and stronger than the weak Carrion Birds who ran away. She was not born to be a carrion, you thought.

Nearby Monsters:
-About seven Carrion Birds (Friendly)
> Kra, jagged Carrion Bird

Spoiler: Squacks Status (click to show/hide)

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
Once again, assume a defensive stance and get ready to attack any contestant that draws near.

[Defensive Stance]
Flavor (Battle Royale!): [3]

Your display had made quite an impression on the other contestants, causing them to be very wary of you. You had become the unexpected dark horse of the fight to them. All of you kept staring at each others for several seconds, everyone's tension increasing with each breath.

Two Makralians made a move toward you, instinctively deciding to join forces against you. It caused the remaining six to each fight against a single opponent.

Skee vs Two Makralian Contestants
[Pre-emptive Attack]
(Str 1 vs Con 1): [8]+2 (Stance 1 Biobond 1) vs [7,2]
Critical: [8]
Damage: [8,7]+2=[10,9]

You were prepared for this.

Your body moved faster than the Makralians expected-

Duking to dodge the claw strike of the surprised first Makralian, you slashed it at the midsection, kicking him back and turning to face the other-

The second Makralian reeled in shock, giving you an instant to take advantage of. You rushed forward, causing the Makralian to attack wildly in panic. Too slow. You slashed its arm in the elbow, nearly separating the limb from its body. The terrified Makralian screamed and instantly surrendered, extending his available arm in front of him in a "stop" posture. Behind you, you heard "I surrender too!", coming from the Makralian you cut open.

You eyed the other fights. There was no need to intervene, three of them would win and that would make four victors.

Nearby Monsters:
-15 opposing Makralians
> 6 active and fighting
>> 4 with (+2Essence)
> 2 Severely Injured (-10 and -9) / Heavy Bleeding
> 1 Severely Injured (-10) / Heavy Bleeding / Internal Damage
> 3 out of combat
> 4 Dead

-Nearly a thousand of Adult Makralians
-The 8 Greater Leaders
-The 39 Lesser Leaders

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)

The Newborn Elemental Spirit of Ice  - (TricMagic)
Disperse into icy mist. I take less ice damage with Ice Ward, but physical attacks still hurt me.

Recover and hide behind a tree branch, then use Antarctic Wind to freeze it in place.

[Nature Spirit: Icy Mist]
[Hide and Recover]
[Moderate-Hard] 12: [20] -Critical Success-

You hid extremely well in this snowy environment, and recovered from your stunned state. At the same time you waited for Nature Spirit to increase your power. The Frost Sphere lost sight of you, allowing you to execute a surprise attack!

[Antarctic Wind]
(Pow 1 vs Res 1): [2]+4 (Surprise Attack 4) vs [5]
Critical: [7]
Damage: [5]-1 (Ice ineffectiveness): [4]

Because of the nature of the Frost Sphere, your attack had its effectiveness reduced. Yet your magical wind had caused the sphere to crack from the special cold, meaning you could still damage it.

Surprised, the Sphere retaliated with too much haste.

[Sphere: Icy Spike]
[You: Dodge] [Moderate-Easy] 8: [9]
Outcome: [1] -Success-

You effortlessly dodged the projectile, and promptly retaliated.

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[You: Antarctic Wind]
(Pow 1 vs Res 1): [1] vs [1]-1 (Wounded)
[Something Bad?]
Flavor: [4] [Nothing bad]

An exchange ensued, with you attacking with Antarctic Wind and the Sphere firing Icy Spikes at you. You dodged all of them, though one barely, and slowly dented your enemy.

Both you and the Sphere are feeling quite spent, and the battle seems to be turning into one of endurance. You are Tired

Nearby Monsters:
-Frost Sphere (Stage1) Hostile / Tired
> -5HP

Spoiler: Spirit of Ice Status (click to show/hide)

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
As Prias readied to spring the trap, Eximius spoke through their mental link. "Alright, let's do this, kid. Remember that ridding it of the ability to poison is our priority before we get too close."

Regardless of the trap working or not, let's start strong. Activate Blink and if Prias needs a long ranged option - Mana Wave as well.

"Understood. Let's do this."

Prias severed a small rope, springing the trap. In an instant the concealed ropes emerged from the ground, tightened and intersecting in a single point. The weights were not enough for the ropes to crush the target, but they would at least restrict its movements while damaging them a bit. Prias was going to emerge from hiding-

No mouth was seen. Yet it screamed. A scream that would fill a human's mouth with blood and vomit.

[Maddening Scream]
(Int 2 vs Ind 1): [6] vs [10]

You saw horrific visions flooding Prias mind. All his loved ones brutally mutilated and crying tears of blood. Limbs. Heads. Blood. Blood. All this Blood. The Heads screamed. Stronger and strong-

"SHUT UP!"

Prias overcame the Maddening Scream with his force of will, and executed the plan without a sliver of hesitation. Sever the claws.

[Blink] -2MP
[Short Sword Mode]
(Str 1 vs Con 1): [12]+4 (Ancient Combat Techniques 2 Blink 2) vs [6]-2 (Restricted Movement)
Critical: [9+2
Damage: [6]+4: [10]

Prias rushed in, and with the footwork of forgotten times, he deftly chained two slash in quick succession. None of the slashes lost their momentum, and the bound Hearteater couldn't do anything. Your shortsword form easily severed both clawed hands, causing the monster to emit a scream of pain from its mouthless head.

[Slaying]
[Hard] 14: [9]
Outcome: [5] -Partial Success-

You started adapting to the flesh of the creature. Another strike would let you know its weakness. Suddenly the Hearteater disappeared from the trap.

[Teleportation]
[Moderate-Hard] 12: [16]

A bell rang behind you. Prias quickly turned toward it, and took a careful stance. The Hearteater grew several arms from its back, each ending with a wicked barb. Breaking its upright stance, the humanoid monster bent forward in a grotesque way, making it look more monstrous.

Prias thought.
"Damn, this one is a piece of work. It's position is good for us though."

The Hearteater had teleported in an unsafe zone in relation to the binding trap. Several ropes would violently wipe that area were they to be cut close to the source. Prias was going to cut those ropes.

[Eximius: Perception]
[Hard] 14: [20] -Critical Success-

Fear. This creature is feeling fear. It is only adopting this stance to look more menacing and gain some time, you suspect this teleportation ability has some drawback, maybe a cooldown of some sort? You must attack now and keep your momentum, you just feel it. It would also be better for you to assume a more damaging shape.

Nearby Monsters:
-Strange Hearteater: Badly Wounded
> -12HP

Battle ground notes:
-Exceptional Binding Traps (Active)
-Ready to burn piles

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Terrence the Bone Baron - (ironsnake345)
Indeed. Let us journey in search of glory!
Onwards!

[To Glory!]
Travel: [1]
Luck: [2]

You resumed your wandering in the fog, seeking glory, freedom, and answers. In this land seemingly frozen in time, you couldn't tell how long you walked for. Minutes? Hours? Maybe days? Either way, the three of you started noticing a subtle change in the landscape. The scarce and pale vegetation had all but disappeared, and the ground seemed to turn deader with each step. To a living, it would have felt nauseating, but to you, it felt strangely refreshing. The three of you remained silent out of caution.

Sending a glance in each others direction, you nodded. "Something bad is coming again, huh?"

[Perception]
[Hard] 15: [T6,V18,A5]
Outcome: [6] (Partial Success x2, Overshoot)

"Under our fee-" said Vel as he poked a bump on the ground with the tip of his sword. Instantly several countless hands emerged from the ground, from skeletal ones to plated ones. And they grabbed Vel's sword.

"What in the dev-"

The hands yanked his sword from his hands, leaving Vel to stare in disbelief for a second. Then the hands pulled themselves from the ground, revealing partially rotting corpses of soldiers, surrounding the three of you menacingly.

Nearby Monsters:
-Animated Soldiers Corpses (Many!)

Spoiler: Terrence Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:23:49 am by Nakéen »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 35
« Reply #944 on: January 14, 2019, 04:38:11 am »

"It's just posturing! Go on and keep our momentum!"

Use Blink once again, then change into my form into a greatsword as soon as Prias cuts the ropes.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 99