Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 216416 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 45
« Reply #1185 on: February 28, 2022, 08:11:15 pm »

Wherever monsters need a metallic, amorphous savior, I'll be there. That's why it took me a few days to get here. Count me in.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: February 28, 2022, 11:22:58 pm »

I'd like to continue.. Squacks would like to make sure natural animals survive!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 01:12:30 am by Devastator »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: March 02, 2022, 06:03:59 pm »

Thank you all for the replies! I will have something ready by tomorrow!

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: March 04, 2022, 03:39:26 pm »

Thank you all for the replies! I will have something ready by tomorrow!
This forum gremlin eagerly awaits :D
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: March 07, 2022, 11:21:39 am »

Skee simply waits, listening to the other leader's ideas. No need to stand out right now, everything is going as planned. Now that the Horde has been formed, Makralians will inevitably clash with stronger and stronger opponents, giving Skee room to grow and test out his own abilities, while also being part of a powerful group. Speaking of group, check what the members of the pack are up to. Anything special about any of them? After that Banera fight, it became pretty clear in Skee's eyes that he would need to develop some sort of team strategy with the remaining members if they wanted to be able to take on powerful opponents. Once that's done, join the others in the "Great Feast", looking for strong prey.

In the meantime, make sure to take note any changes within your host's body and mind. Now that you won't be drawing so mich attention from the others, try communicating with Shnapa's conscience. Why not start with a simple greeting? These recent changes seem beneficial so far, perhaps this will be as well.

Oh and, you put down the Banera's tail before fighting that humongous guy that snapped you like a twig, but where is it now ? Make sure to take it with you, it will prove useful in the jubgle, as it already did in the first round of the tournament.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 04:26:50 pm by Legendary Marksdorf »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: March 09, 2022, 02:12:22 pm »

Apologies something came up. I may or may not be unavailable for an entire week starting tomorrow, I will keep you informed.

Edit: it's been confirmed, I will be unavailable for a week!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 04:57:31 pm by Nakéen »

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: March 10, 2022, 12:48:25 am »

See you in a week.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: March 10, 2022, 05:44:35 pm »

Yeah, I'll be eagerly awaiting this one !

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 46
« Reply #1193 on: April 16, 2022, 08:00:50 pm »

Turn 46:

Squacks the Carrion Bird - (Devastator)
Those greedy eyes probably only want essence, not meat

Lets wait it out.  I'll try to keep watch outside when I can, and we'll try to hide the entrance in the meantime.

When I do watch, fly around a lot and try to see if anything's found the cave.  [squack] should help us keep in contact and warn the others without giving us away.  Don't pick any fights unless it looks like something's found us.  If I see a strong monster bullying weaker monster(s), I'll decide what to do then.

As for if we have time to heal up.. think about it and try to figure out if waiting was a good idea or not.  Things are dangerous here.  They are dangerous back where we were.  They might well be dangerous where we are going, and I have no idea, other than this stupid essence stuff, why things are more dangerous than they used to be.

Also, if whatever is out here decides to talk, acting like this will give it plenty of chances.

You told your fellow Carrion Birds of your current plan to conceal the entrance of your hideout to lessen the odds of being attacked. The able birds nodded and set to work while you went to keep watch outside.

[Scouting]
[Easy 6]: [8]
Outcome: [6] -Overshoot-

You took to the skies dyed in deepening blue and gold-orange, the cliffs casting a vast shadow over the serpentine chasms. The changes of luminosity didn't bother your eyes which were well adapted to seeing in darkness. This weighing sensation of eyes pressing on you was ever present, and somehow, sharper.

Fortunately, it didn't seem like anything had found the cave or at the very least if they did, they didn't manifest themselves. Everything was going fine back to the cave according to the [squacks] you heard. Worryingly though, activity was on the rise as the sun was disappearing behind the distant horizon. More monsters were emerging from the waters, from hidden crevices and from dense bushes. Hiding the cave was a good idea, you thought to yourself.

[MP fully recovered]

[A meeting with your stalker]
For a moment you decided to take a quick breather on the protuding part of a cliff. To your left at a fair distance, a glitter caught your eyes, that of a silvery luster akin to the moon, belonging to the chitinous carapace of a curious mix between a bird and a flying insect. You could tell from its gaze that it was the one that had been watching you all this time.

It was an odd creature in your eyes for it had the chitin of an insect, the head of a many-eyed bird with a sharp and long beak, as well as the body of some sort of huge mosquito. Despite its slender frame, the way it moved made you think it was sturdier than it looked. It emitted a low humming sound toward you, apparently waiting for a response.

The creature seemed alone, and there wasn't a visible monster in both your vicinity.

Nearby Beings:
- Silvery bird-insect monster [Hostile?]
Stats: Unknown

Allies:
-Kra, Cinder Vulture [With the rest of the bunch]
-3 Carrion Birds [In a cave, concealing it]
-4 wounded Carrion Birds [In a cave, resting]

Spoiler: Squacks Status (click to show/hide)

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
[I was wondering why Prias' mana took such a nose dive, but then I noticed in the roll breakdown how many of Eximius' skills he'd used with his own magic pool. I am no longer surprised.]

"Reckless, but effective. I'll take care of your burns, but be careful."

Engage Regeneration Overdrive to heal Prias, supporting him with Blink or Mana Shield as needed. Should an opportunity presents itself, Eximius will be ready to use Sever/Crush to amplify Prias' strike.

[Effects active]: Limiter Release

For future reference: when used, Regeneration Overdrive will be rolled to determine MP to HP conversion. (based on Terrence's Mending)
At Power 0 the base ratio will be 2MP+1HP for 1HP.
Each point of Power will increase the base HP restored by 0.5 rounded up.
Currently:
Overshoot: 1MP+2HP to 4HP
Epic Success: 2MP+1HP to 3HP
Success: 2MP+1HP to 1.5HP
Partial Success: 3MP+1.5HP to 1.5HP
Failure: 4MP+2HP to 1.5HP
Epic Failure: 5MP+2.5HP to 1.5HP

[Skill: Regeneration Overdrive]: [2] -Failure-
7HP to recover, 18MP and 9HP consumed.

You quickly recalled how to use your regenerative abilities, retrieving in your mind an image of your host's unharmed body. Then following this image, your magical energy activated and coursed through Prias body, allowing your vital energy to create a supporting net over the damaged areas. Part urgency and skill rust caused the process to be more inefficient than it should have been, but nevertheless Prias could only look incredulously as his wounds closed themselves at an incredible pace. He also felt a tiny bit lighter, part of his fatigue alleviated by your vital energy. He thanked you with a smile, his eyes never leaving his target.

Prias recovered 7HP

"Alright, it's coming!"

The already shrieking Roamer of the Deadland let out an even stronger piercing shriek in your direction, after which it charged with mindless recklessness.

[Roamer: Stunning Scream (Skill)]
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

His instincts honed by your increasingly intense battles, Prias braced himself, covering his ears and keeping a controlled breath such that the shaking shockwave had minimal effect on him. As the monster took an instant to recover, Prias lunged forward right as you assumed the form of a broadsword.

[Accelerated Flow] (-1HP)

[Prias: Sever&Crush (Slash)]

With a wide sweeping motion, the tip of your sword form traced an arc connecting with the right side of the monster's neck. You penetrated the tough hide halfway, breaking the bone but failing to completely sever its head. Completing the arc, Prias drew you downward and landed at the feet of the monster. The powerful slash caused the Roamer to reel from pain and shock?

[Roamer: Stun resistance]
[Moderate 10]: [8]
Outcome: [1] -Critical Failure-

The creature fell to its knees, leaving it wide open for an executive strike.

[Prias: Sever&Crush (Slash)]

Still carrying the momentum of the previous attack, your host turned and sent his sword on another arc, striking the other side of the neck. Flesh and bones parted before the dark grey steel, and the monstrous head was sent flying, severed from the neck. With a loud noise, the still warm body of the Deadland Roamer fell to the ground, dead.

Out of precaution Prias kept a safe distance from the body, on the lookout for anything abnormal. It wasn't rare for careless hunters or warriors to meet their end felled by the rising carcass of their felled prey. The monster wouldn't rise though, as attested the essence leaving its body.

+10 Medium Essence acquired

Nearby Monsters:
-Starved Deadland Roamer [Dead] [-37 HP] / [3MP]
Stats: S3 C2 P0 R1 Int-1 Ind-1
[Like most creatures of the deadland, it was gaunt in appearance, partway between a skeleton and a starved creature. It looked like a massive bat which had lost the ability to fly, with the skull of some sort of dog instead of a bat's. It was very tall, as tall as a small house. Its blackened eyes seemed to scan the landscape, and its gaping mouth would slaver if it had any saliva to produce.]

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Terrence the Bone Baron - (ironsnake345)
Terrence shook his head as he saw Vel arm himself. While such caution was wise in the deadlands, hostility towards the innocent was not. Though, of course, the group had yet to see if this strange, well-preserved man truly was innocent... Or even if he were not, if he were an enemy. But, there was an easy way to find out both these things.

"My friends, be at ease. We have no reason to show such hostility to this stranger! Squires, aside."

Terrence has the squires step back a bit, framing the king-to-be straight ahead of the downed figure, in the visual gap made by them retreating slightly. He does not approach too close (yet) in case it turns out to be some form of trap.

"You need not cower, friend. I and my soldiers bear you no ill will. My name is Terrence, baron and soon to be king, and I am seeking to escape this mysterious land so that I may claim my kingdom. Who, may I ask, are you, traveler?"

The cowering undead looked at your definitely reassuring appearance, comforting in its implied nobility. He, or she, crawled backward to gain some distance from the Squires on which they seemed quite fixated. The undead prostrated themselves before all of you.

"Lucas! I beg you! Sir Lorow, he needs help!"

Terrence considered what he was seeing. This Lucas was strangely eager to submit themself, prostrating so quickly. To have a peasant bow as such felt right, but something was wrong here. The undead was either very desperate, or very devious. With how they reacted to the squires, the former seemed more likely, but seeing the remains of battle, it was possible that they weren't the danger... Either way, this chap needs things to go fast, and Terrence needs to know more.

"I can sense your urgency, Lucas. I presume the remains of battle we see here are involved. Speak quickly; tell me all you can, and we will offer our aid."

Lucas prostrated themselves, their forehead digging into the soil.
"A thousand thanks my gracious Lord!"

Hmm, music to your ears.

"Sir Lorow the Undefeated has lost themselves in one of their many... ahel... passionate outbursts. The good Sir Lorow currently can no longer tell friends from foes, and only valiant warriors could potentially snap him back from his battle trance! Which a lowlife such as myself isn't, but a Lord such as you and your knights seem to be!"

You quickly deduced the nature of this one's request, and so did your companions.

"Oh I see you coming. Pray tell, Lucas... Did this Sir Lorow caused the scene around us?"
"How astute Sir with the threatening gaze! Indeed the brave Sir Lorow made this mess around us, after being harassed by brutes!"

Vel attempted to pinch his nosebridge hidden behind the helm, a remnant from his past life. He then said to you,
"What say you, "Lord"?"

The way Vel said this word was much less melodious, but still acceptable.

Nearby Beings:
- [Allies] Ambushers in the Fog: 4 Squires of the Fog (S1 C1 P0 R0 Int-1 Ind-1)
- [Non-hostile] Lucas, Undead Peasant

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
After placing Liel onto terminal, Ulkas mentally signed. This situation reminded him heavily of Xetares and his own inadequacy at segregating incoming information flood - delicious if easily overwhelming treat. Were his companions driven to conflict and some kind of all-round exploration by similar if different traits of their own minds? Although Ulkas knew Astrosa quite well, he could not get a read on Ambition. Well, he might as well ask him directly while waiting for Liel.

”Ambition, did you learn any important information from this Protector?”

(Liel, please warn us if connection goes awry. And you mentioned Arma-clad... Is it safe to assume Arma was akin to armor we use now, but true military-grade and with only Protectors being capable of using it efficiently by design?)

Connect Liel to the terminal. Check if Ambition is rational experimentator or intuitive explorer. Send calming reassurance do Astrosa, it is way too early to second-guess the partnership with Irregular.

While Liel worked on connecting to the facility through the terminal, Ambition seemed to be in a daze.
"Ah! Fascinating, fascinating... To think their was such a time. Oh the battles you experienced! Truly incredible... ah!"

"Ulkas asked you a question." Astrosa said with her spear getting progressively closer to Ambition's face. You weren't too worried, as although threatening, Astrosa was reasonable in an Astrosa way: for once she merely projected hostility, not murderous intent.

"A moment please. The memories of this warrior are unlike any others."

You deduced from his behaviour and actions that Ambition possessed an ability allowing them to obtain the memories of those he consumed. To what extent though, you didn't know. Meanwhile, Liel answered to your questions all the while working on the connection.

(You are right on the mark that Arma assistants were limited to the military domain, but as for their nature... They would be closer to mine than that of your mining suit. They were Assistants, meant to complement and enhance the physical, mental, and magical capabilities of their wielders. Protectors were already chosen among the most talented combattants, and fielded them with an Arma assitant would exponentially increase their destructive potential. As such their use was restricted to very scarce situations, and defense of critical installations would have been one of them.)

(I must also stress out how rare and important Protectors were. Xatares for instance isn't important enough for a Protector to be fielded.)

[Ambition: Memories of the Consumed (Trait)]
Hard 14: [11]
Outcome: [6] -Partial Success-

"Ah... I should have expected that after such a long time and in such as state, only scarce echoes would remain. No matter, I could still glean a few bits, most enlightening scrapes indeed... Ulkas, as per our accord, I will now share with you what I saw."

[Last Moments of the Suln the Protector and Lux]
Ambition conjured a great illusion to reenact the last moments of the fallen Protector. The destroyed gate and damaged facility returned to their prime state, and the carcass of the Protector rose, its body restored in this illusion as if time was being wound backward. Time stopped wounding backward, and resumed. The gate had closed suddenly, the Protector apparently having activated it through the terminal. It spoke in the common tongue used by all monsters, communicating to some distant speaker.

"I have sealed the gate, but it won't last long. Ecronis and Ngarantia lost themselves to the shockwave. I think... I am the last one with my mind still intact. No contact from upper Sateris either, I hope they are alright. I don't have much time do I? Alright Suln, you can do it."

A loud blast resonated from the other side of the gate. "It has begun... sorry guys, none of you are getting past. Lux, activate the defensive matrix, targets number two Arma-grade Protectors. Yes please, override all restraints. Focus all powers on offense, we will use Sateris barriers as protection. No one must reach upper Sateris."

Six wings of light emerged from the armor, and power accumulated in a sphere at the tip of each wing. Space was starting to distort from the dense magical power accumulating in the corridor. Layers and layers of invisible walls rose within the corridor, and the blasts were becoming increasingly stronger and more frequent, deforming the gate until it burst open in an explosion of white light.

Six beams of hyperdense energy fired at one of the two figures, scorching the air around them. The vague armoured figure was pierced by the six beams and pushed with such force it fell from the facility. Outside one could then hear the defense system firing on the falling husk of a Protector.

"Ecronis down, Ngarantia left!"

The Protector called Ngarantia was some sort of great humanoid lion with a pair of massive disconnected arms floating behind them. Without saying a word, it merely punched the invisible barriers, destroying one to two with each punch. Suln casted several spells on Ngarantia with the intent of slowing it down, but it seemed to barely have an effect due to its massive resistance and seemingly infinite vitality. Right as one barrier was left, the six spheres glowed at full power.

"Lux! Fire!"

Once more, all the accumulated energy was unleashed on the target and would have annihilated it if all hits had connected. The two floating arms were gone having been used to deflect the attack, as well as its right one whose stump was already in the process of rapidly regenerating. The damaged Protector charged forth and destroyed the barrier with a left shoulder charge, and lifted its remaining clawed hand toward Suln whose movements slowed by the effects of a spell. It bit in the air, and a gigantic spectral maw closed on a wide area crushing Suln with such force the entire facility trembled. Their battle continued as each Protector attempted to whittle its opponent while regenerating its wounds, unleashing an arsenal of spells and attacks that could easily annihilate the most powerful monsters you knew. Finally the six orbs were finally charged again, and the decisive moment of the battle ensued.

At point blank, Suln fired the six beams on Ngarantia. Although having lost its mind, the maddened Protector still retained his battle senses and activated a reflect spell it had been preparing since the first attack. Three beams pierced the torso of Ngarantia, and two reflected beams took away the left half of his body, with the last one punching a hole in its remaining upper body.

Suln was projected next to the terminal, and Ngarantia deeper into the facility.

Suln exhaled his last breath as his vanishing thoughts lost coherence.

(...)

Ambition shuddered, relishing the memories of the Protector Suln. There was a strong hint of anticipation in his voice.
"Impressive was it not? With this kind of power, one could even take down one of the Great Beasts. Who built this structure, how did they fall with such might?"

[Liel: Connection to Sateris]
Easy 6: [7]
Outcome: [2] -Success-

(Connection to Lower Sateris established! I confirm again that Sateris is a military installation, which also doubled as a research facility. We are in the lower part of the complex named Sateris Aline, with the upper part being only accessible through the gateway at the center of Sateris Aline. I am not receiving a response from Sateris Aline, which seems to be in an energy saving mode. I have received a message from Xatares, which may be able to awaken Sateris Aline. I am unable to obtain further information about the upper part.)

Nearby Monsters:
Ambition the Irregular [Stage 8] [Partnership]
> Source of a Field of Mind Manipulation
Roaming Gol Gimmun, Cradled Skydragon

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster (Beirus)
"Perhaps now would be the time to rest. They may yet come for us and expedite the end of their suffering but pushing on now will only lead to our suffering." Gray says after seeing the state of his allies.

Break time. Gray and Brown will keep watch in shifts, any Mirages will be punched with the Truth-Calm combo if the Truth punch does not reveal them as an illusion. Brown should alert Gray if enemies appear. If no enemies appear while Gray is not on watch, Gray attempts to meditate to regain mana. Time to put that meditation he learned to use.

[Resting]
Everyone pushed sighs of relief upon being allowed to rest. You took shifts to look out for Mirages or other enemies, keeping an eye out for illusions. Curiously nothing interrupted your rest, allowing you to meditate in peace and recover completely. Maybe the Mirages were intent on avoiding a direct confrontation.
Mana fully recovered
Exhaustion lifted / HP fully recovered

In the meantime the Sand Spirits and the Djinns took some time to study the illusions. Although they couldn't break it down, they managed to determine the good path was either the leftmost or rightmost. The center path was most definitely a trap.

Nearby Monsters:
-10 Pacified Greater Sand Spirits [Allies]
-6 Pacified Djinns [Allies]
-Brown [Ally]

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
Skee simply waits, listening to the other leader's ideas. No need to stand out right now, everything is going as planned. Now that the Horde has been formed, Makralians will inevitably clash with stronger and stronger opponents, giving Skee room to grow and test out his own abilities, while also being part of a powerful group. Speaking of group, check what the members of the pack are up to. Anything special about any of them? After that Banera fight, it became pretty clear in Skee's eyes that he would need to develop some sort of team strategy with the remaining members if they wanted to be able to take on powerful opponents. Once that's done, join the others in the "Great Feast", looking for strong prey.

In the meantime, make sure to take note any changes within your host's body and mind. Now that you won't be drawing so mich attention from the others, try communicating with Shnapa's conscience. Why not start with a simple greeting? These recent changes seem beneficial so far, perhaps this will be as well.

Oh and, you put down the Banera's tail before fighting that humongous guy that snapped you like a twig, but where is it now ? Make sure to take it with you, it will prove useful in the jubgle, as it already did in the first round of the tournament.

[Preparing the Great Feast]
Luck: [2]
The leaders shared their ideas in a loud but orderly fashion. Many were motivated by their thirst for blood and revenge, having been expelled from their territories by the other groups of monsters. Unanimously, the Makralians didn't want to face the Coloured Wasps whose dreadful elemental powers and sheer ruthlessness terrified many leaders. This left the Rainbow Fangs and the Spiderfolks, and after much debate it was decided the Horde would advance on the territory of the Spiderfolks, ruled by what they called the Black Overlord.

The rest of the day was thus spent taking care of the wounded, and riling up the able-bodied fighters.

HP fully recovered

[Timeskip]
Pack Potential: [2]
Great Feast: [3] [3]

You observed the rest of your pack as they prepared themselves for the Great Feast. Nothing about them stood out, and it seemed to you Shnapa your host really was the only one noteworthy individual among them. The strategy they were the most adept at was to swarm their target as a group and hope everything worked out afterward.

[The Great Feast: Invasion of the Arachnastinian Jungles]
A clamor of howls and the druming of trunks announced the start of the Great Feast, and the Makralians by the thousand descended as one toward the jungles of the Spiderfolks, the Archnastinians. Everything edible that crossed their path was devoured, and there was no hiding in the trees as the nimble Makralians could navigate in dense branches as easily as a fish in the water. The jungles seemed to be screaming from the fury unfolding, nothing seemingly able to stop the Horde.

As soon as they reached the territory of the Spiderfolk, the Makralians were met by an equally massive force of great spiders with centauric bodies with crude but ingenious weapons. Bows of chitin and silk, spears of bones and hardwood... The frenzy that ensued was savage and brutal, hidden only by the moonless night. And within this frenzy, you looked for strong preys.

You gained 6 Lesser Essence during the carnage

[Skee: Looing for strong preys]
Easy 8: [20] -Critical Success-

Near a great tree entirely covered in strands of silk there was a large pool of blood with many mangled Makralians lyind dead in it, with a single towering Arachnastinian standing there. Its gray chitin had been dyed red and white by the blood of the Makralians and its own hemolymph dripping from its countless wounds. Although damaged, your instincts and those of Shnapa alerted you that this monster was very strong. It was wielding some sort of polearm fashioned from a thick wooden pole and the bladed end of some creature. It seemed to be protecting some sort of entrance in the tree.

Nearby Beings:
[Immediate Surroundings]
-Arachnastinian Champion [Wounded]
Stats: Unknown

[Makralian Horde]
-The Horde Leader: Krauraka
-The 7 Greater Leaders
-The 39 Lesser Leaders
-The 24 last contestants
-Nearly a thousand of Adult Makralians
-Your own pack

[Arachnastinian "Spiderfolk" Kingdom]
-Countless Arachnastinians

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)

Snivera the Leaf Wing (Naturegirl1999)
Bite the catfish, hopefully latching onto it. If successful, start spitting acid as well into the wound

[Snivera: Bite]

[Catfish: Bite]

You attempted to bite back the slippery catfish and missed. You kept attempting to bite each others back and forth until the Catfish succeeded in biting of of your wings, ripping it from the force of its bite. You are now in a bad state, things aren't looking good!

Nearby Beings:
- Pestilence Fly [Hostile]
- Mud-dweller Catfish [Hostile]
- Innumerable weak hostile monsters of all kind

Spoiler: Snivera's Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 02:28:33 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 16, 2022, 08:03:05 pm »

The Newborn Elemental Spirit of Ice  - (TricMagic)
Leave mist form, finding a place to rest and recover.

[Flavor]: [6]
Icy mist coalesced into a pristine crystal as you left your misty form. The furious troll's yelling became increasingly distant, until the sound of the wind had completely covered it. Travelling shortly through the snow covered woods, you found a safe place in the form of a small field of ice flowers. For some reason, aggressive monsters tended to avoid those which made it a nice resting place for smaller creatures.

Time passed and your wounds recovered until you were in top shape.

HP fully recovered

Nearby Monsters:
-None

Spoiler: Spirit of Ice Status (click to show/hide)

Azarian, the Imbued Thoughtling (Dustan Hache)
Azarian was not about to find out if they did, and continued to move purposefully away from the direction he sensed them in, occasionally veering left and right as things briefly caught his interest here and there.

You decided not to waste a second to find out and continued to move eastward, toward the clear blue hills. And although you were in a hurry, you managed to find time to study a bit of the fascinating environment you found yourself in. Although filled with life, all this new vegetation was so fragile compared to the thorny plants of the deadland who could hardly be said to even be alive. The soil was crawling with small and insignificant creatures, and you even managed to catch a small mammal. So naive, and so frail. You felt some sense of superiority, and jealousy in the face of these innocent lifeforms which did not know true hardships.

After a while, it seemed the humans lost sight of you. You found that a little odd as based on your estimations, they shouldn't have had much difficulties tracking you. Track dissimulation and evasion wasn't your strongest point, so maybe these creatures were just terrible hunters? No matter, as long as you were safe and whole.

Your mana quickly recovered thanks to the rich magic energy imbuing this land. And due to your magical nature, your vitality also benefited from it. A long time passed as you continued forward.

MP fully recovered
HP fully recovered

[Corpse inspection (Int)]
Easy 8: [9]
Outcome: [2] -Success-

Something unusual appeared in front of you: a corpse, that of a clothed humanoid. Undoubtedly that was a humman's, a male apparently. The corpse was cold and rigid to the touch, and no insects seemed to have touched it. The skin was pristine albeit a bit dessicated, and you found that a little odd. Further inspection allowed you to determine the plausible source of death: a wound inflicted by magical means in the back, traces of power still lingering. This magical power had spread throughout the body, giving it a stranger scent that was probably warding decomposition.

The human's clothing was colourful but ragged, to an Ogre's eyes such fabric would be an invaluable treasure. It seemed to have been carrying a few belongings too.

[Location updated: East Emsiphion, Lineine Hills]

Nearby Beings:
- Corpse of a human

Spoiler: Azarian's Status (click to show/hide)

See you in a week.

If we disregard the month, and only look at the days, it's within a week hahaha...

Can I join? 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If I get put on the waitlist could u pm me when I can join?
Is there anything particular you have in mind for your start or can I place you anywhere?

id want to join.

Me too. Is there room for two more?

Both of you are in!

EDIT: I missed a few players turns... working on them right now.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 01:59:56 am by Nakéen »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 16, 2022, 08:59:05 pm »

Cast Spell Resistance.

"I'm Squacks.  I'm not here to fight.  I'm only here to fly.  Are you the one who has been watching me?"
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 09:25:09 pm by Devastator »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: April 17, 2022, 02:00:19 am »

Added Azarian and the Ice Spirit turns to the follow up post, due to character limit.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 18, 2022, 04:36:49 am »

Cast Spell Resistance.

"I'm Squacks.  I'm not here to fight.  I'm only here to fly.  Are you the one who has been watching me?"

Active Effects: Spell Resistance
-1MP

The bird-insect scanned you with its compound eyes as the magic took effect on you. It answered in segments with a tone lacking in emotion.
"It was I. You led me here. Knowing I watched. You came alone. But not to fight. What is the reason."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 18, 2022, 04:56:15 am »

"Since you didn't want to kill me, I thought maybe you were different.  Maybe we could talk, maybe I could find a safe place for the others."

"Many of my friends and family have been killed by strong monsters.  Strange monsters which shouldn't be here.  Nobody's troubled us before, we taste bad and mostly only eat the dead."

"But something is different now, there is this essence.  Turns ordinary creatures into strange monsters.  Some of us get hunted for it."

"Maybe you would know something about that too."

"Are you different?  Or are you going to kill me now?  I'm not strong, but I'm more trouble than I'm worth to kill."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: April 18, 2022, 07:25:40 am »

"Since you didn't want to kill me, I thought maybe you were different.  Maybe we could talk, maybe I could find a safe place for the others."

"Many of my friends and family have been killed by strong monsters.  Strange monsters which shouldn't be here.  Nobody's troubled us before, we taste bad and mostly only eat the dead."

"But something is different now, there is this essence.  Turns ordinary creatures into strange monsters.  Some of us get hunted for it."

"Maybe you would know something about that too."

"Are you different?  Or are you going to kill me now?  I'm not strong, but I'm more trouble than I'm worth to kill."

"I am not different. You are different. Why defy the order? I do not understand. Many rise and many fall. And here the night sees many more rise and fall. I am one of the vanguard. The others will soon awaken."
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 99