Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 63  (Read 215704 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 62
« Reply #1455 on: October 09, 2023, 01:06:28 am »

(Mind having a bit of a plot recap, Sarrak?  I remember there was some reason it was really bad to let essence die, but not all the details.)
(Once upon a time, there were ‘star gods’. Most nameless, but one had name and thus, grand ideas, creating the world we live in. Then, creatures came to be. My ideas on the purpose of creation range from selfish benevolence (by living and expressing themselves, creatures enriched both themselves and their creator) to eldritch farming practices (creatures having fulfilling lives is a byproduct of Essence enrichment process).

It went for a long time, while other ‘star gods’ were going mad with hunger they did not fully realize at first. Then, Catastrophe occurred. Basically, an attack from others/foreign entity, where our creator used its Essence to retaliate. Sacrificing its creation/farm, but not fully - and possibly infecting other ‘star gods’ with itself, for they have used its Essence to actualize themselves and got Names.

Essence is the Blood of Creator. And possibly traces of its very soul - which allows it to support our own souls, making progress possible (most probably, Essence has greatly intelligence development in creatures, otherwise there would not be so many races).

Full disappearance of Essence equals death of the world itself, which is partly/fully our creator - and full access to what remains for other ‘star gods’, who are even now trying to mess with inhabitants to gain trickles of Essence.)

TLDR: World is using Essence as a crutch for sloppy/intentional world-building by its ‘star god’ creator and it is absolutely indispensable for its functioning as of now. World without Essence might be possible, but this one can’t be it. Essence is its soul, immune system and replication cycle.

(10/10 Sarrak! This is all correct.)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: October 09, 2023, 02:56:24 am »

Quote from: Ulkas
“Liel, now that I have rested, what can you tell us about the opponent we have faced at the military facility? I have gathered that it once was a Core, one which turned its facility into an extension of itself. Both perfected and yet somehow… Even more twisted from that seeming perfection.”

"Xatares is grateful... and apologies for inadvertently sending us toward a death trap. This situation fell far outside our expectations, a core corruption is unacceptable... and shouldn't have been allowed to happen. We surmise the failsafes failed due to some unknown reason. Rogue Core Ersenas has been flagged as an Enemy. We have been able to determine it willingly used the emergency beacon to lure in Levem rescue efforts, in order to ambush them and appropriate their ichor. By doing so, it openly made itself an enemy of Levem."

”We should return to hunt it down… But only after we get some defense from its ability to affect souls. Was it something unique to Mad Core, or it just used what all Cores have to twisted purpose?”

“Astrosa, much thanks for the wait and information. I feel like my mind has recovered adequately and without lingering issues. I should probably need to get a better grasp on myself before attempting something similar again. For now, I’m feeling traces of mentality in the fog, so I’ll attempt to deduce what is affecting these lands. We may also travel around a bit to find some weak monsters to control and evolve - I assume you met no worthy opponents while I you were gathering information?”

Not all monsters are suitable for evolution and some may be more important as information providers than snacks, just as Astrosa proved. Ulkas smiled happily, glad that his partner was getting sharper and more proficient in handling information. It was a rather nice development.

Check out the fog via Mind Field and Analysis. Take care not to overload the mind and see if recovery went smoothly. If there are some weak monsters - see if we could evolve them like we did before meeting Ambition.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: October 09, 2023, 05:55:51 am »

"Shnapa. You're saying I'm a symbiote, and your friend ? I have to tell you, originally, I just planned to use your body as a stepping stone to possess a more powerful one. I only healed you, helped you grow and fight, made plans, for my own benefit. And yet..."

Skee paused, before continuing.

"I've grown accustomed to this body, to you, Shnapa. Attached, perhaps even. Fighting alongside a pack, being a part of a greater organization such as the Horde... Those are things I had never experienced before. Usually, parasites do not go for social monsters, because it's easy for their consorts to tell something is wrong, and they get discovered right away. I guess our meeting was... fated ? We both got to experience new, exciting things. Shnapa. I will not erase you. I believe there is something to be gained of our association. And for what it's worth, well, I'm... glad that you could experience this growth as well. Your old life, it sounds a lot like my old life. Not very interesting, to say the least. Anyways. You mentioned you wanted to help. What do you have in mind exactly, partner ?"

(...)

(Back to the present)

Skee arrived at the heart of battle. Such chaos ! Any wrong move now could get him and his pack decimated. Quickly, he decided a course of action. Mentioning his pack to stay close to him, he stayed away from the combat for now while trying to analyze the situation. In particular, he looked for the great leaders. Where were they ? Who were they fighting ? The best way to act was probably to try and assist them. They represented the biggest power in the horde. Should they die or be incapacitated, the Horde's chances of winning would be greatly diminshed. Skee also tried to identify the most powerful entities on the other side, and what powers they seemed to display. Lastly, speaking in his own mind, he asked "Hey, Shnapa. Any ideas ?".

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: October 10, 2023, 03:58:43 am »

(Once upon a time, there were ‘star gods’. Most nameless, but one had name and thus, grand ideas, creating the world we live in. Then, creatures came to be. My ideas on the purpose of creation range from selfish benevolence (by living and expressing themselves, creatures enriched both themselves and their creator) to eldritch farming practices (creatures having fulfilling lives is a byproduct of Essence enrichment process).

It went for a long time, while other ‘star gods’ were going mad with hunger they did not fully realize at first. Then, Catastrophe occurred. Basically, an attack from others/foreign entity, where our creator used its Essence to retaliate. Sacrificing its creation/farm, but not fully - and possibly infecting other ‘star gods’ with itself, for they have used its Essence to actualize themselves and got Names.

Essence is the Blood of Creator. And possibly traces of its very soul - which allows it to support our own souls, making progress possible (most probably, Essence has greatly intelligence development in creatures, otherwise there would not be so many races).

Full disappearance of Essence equals death of the world itself, which is partly/fully our creator - and full access to what remains for other ‘star gods’, who are even now trying to mess with inhabitants to gain trickles of Essence.)

TLDR: World is using Essence as a crutch for sloppy/intentional world-building by its ‘star god’ creator and it is absolutely indispensable for its functioning as of now. World without Essence might be possible, but this one can’t be it. Essence is its soul, immune system and replication cycle.

(Thanks, but I'm still going to try to destroy essence.  From Squacks point of view, it makes creatures insane with hunger.  Sure, they're more intelligent about how they hunt and kill each other, but they're still going to do it.  And defeating these other star gods should certainly be possible... he's killed creatures above his level before, and with good information (and some non-essence based training), it might be possible, either inside or outside the essence system.

Maybe it doesn't need to all die, but what's left should be in the world, and only in the world, instead of making creatures out here crazy.)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 04:05:16 am by Devastator »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: October 10, 2023, 05:31:21 am »

(Thanks, but I'm still going to try to destroy essence.  From Squacks point of view, it makes creatures insane with hunger.  Sure, they're more intelligent about how they hunt and kill each other, but they're still going to do it.  And defeating these other star gods should certainly be possible... he's killed creatures above his level before, and with good information (and some non-essence based training), it might be possible, either inside or outside the essence system.

Maybe it doesn't need to all die, but what's left should be in the world, and only in the world, instead of making creatures out here crazy.)
(Sure, would be interesting to see. A pity Squacks is not interested in history and does not know the golden age the Essence led to before Catastrophe happened. Though, if golden age was prequel to farming and it was only framed as an outsider attack…

Also. Getting rid of Essence while having soul built upon it is basically impossible. Soul & mind are somewhat interconnected and getting rid of Essence collapses soul with mind soon to follow (see: Catastrophe).

There are at least one option to get rid of Essence in particular - embrace Corruption, it is not tied with ‘star gods’ as far as I know - but world itself would view you as cancer to be destroyed.

Another option might be solidifying the soul and transferring into Essence-less body, but it has many problems and I’m not sure it is possible to do without huge problems with mind at very least.)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: October 10, 2023, 09:13:33 am »

(As for destroying essence being impossible, well, so was resisting it, and Squacks currently knows how to do that for an extended period of time.  I'll take a crack at trying to outright destroy some before too long.

Squacks doesn't have any idea what 'corruption' is either, although that sounds like what happens from consuming essence, rather than something that opposes it.)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 63
« Reply #1461 on: October 14, 2023, 08:17:50 pm »

Update 63:

The Swamp Slugipede - (Wolfkey)
Swamp Slugipede

If the goblin is holding a weapon, try to disarm it. Then try to swallow it again.

[Goblin: Wooden Club]
Spoiler: Detail (click to show/hide)
Attack Roll: 9=[8]+1
Defender Roll: 7=[7]
[Successful Attack]
Damage: [4] (10/10 -> 6/10)

The Swamp Goblin gave you a fierce whack with the wooden club it was holding, sending you reeling a bit. You attempted to grab the weapon.

Grab and Disarm:
Moderate-Hard (12): [4]
Outcome: [2] -Critical Failure-

You reached out for the club, but failed to grab it! You lost balance, and the Goblin went in for another whack.

[Goblin: Wooden Club]
Attack Roll: 11=[10]+1
Defender Roll: 2=[2]
[Successful Attack]
Damage: [2] (6/10 -> 4/10)

[Slugipede: Swallow]
Attack Roll: 1=[1]
Defender Roll: 4=[4]
[Failed Attack]
[Open to Counterattack]

The Goblin struck you another time, and stumbled out of the way when you lunged for a Swallow. Damage was starting to really accumulate on you.

[Mana Absorption]: [6] -Overshoot-
Your regenerative abilities triggered, draining all your mana at once.
+5HP (4/10 -> 9/10)
-10MP

Current Location: Sobol Swamps
Nearby Creatures:
- Swamp Goblin

Spoiler: Swamp Slugipede Status (click to show/hide)

Purrbul the Small Tiger Slime - (Egan_BW)

Luck: [3]
You are a slime, living a normal slime life in what is known as a Monster Pit of Marandars. It's a great hole in the land filled with lush vegetation and countless monsters weak and strong. Here, it's eat or get eaten.

Current Location: Marandars - Monster Pit
Nearby Creatures:
- None for now

Spoiler: Purrbul Status (click to show/hide)

The Horned Hound - (Prophet)
The Hound knew it wasn't likely to get away now, it's previous attempt still stung, the taskmaster's eyes watching to closely.

The Hound bids it's time. Waiting for an opportunity to escape in the chaos of the coming events.

Spoiler: Horned Hound (click to show/hide)

Luck: [5]
A sudden snowstorm struck the area, completely obscuring the surroundings and separating your group from the main force. Although there is definitely something unnatural about that storm, maybe now is your chance!

Spoiler: Horned Hound Status (click to show/hide)

Azarian, the Imbued Thoughtling (Dustan Hache)
Azarian focused firmly on the creature with his gaze, analyzing it with intensity even as he kited away to avoid being struck by it. The necromancers were like puppetmasters, all he had to do was figure out how to cut the strings. Perhaps with his more refined skills he could use his Psi-Siphon to deplete whatever was fueling it's rampage.

Focused Fault (INT 3):
Easy 4: [2]
Outcome: [1] -Critical Failure-

Before you could react, the Undead Chimera charged at you! You attempted to move away, but it was too fast.

[Undead Chimera: Brutal Charge]
Attack Roll: 12=[12]
Defender Roll: 1=[1]
[Successful Attack]
Damage: [11] (21/21 -> 10/21)

You were gored by an uneven horn, and the impact sent a shockwave across your entire body. Luckily you were thrown away by the force of the charge, and crashed into a brush a few meters away from the Undead. You were badly hurt, and that thing was strong.

You attempted to fire a Psi-Siphon, maybe that would help you find a weakness.

[Azarian: Psi-Siphon (-2MP)]
Attack Roll: 12=[9]+1
Defender Roll: 1=[1]
[Successful Attack]
Damage: [2] Oof...
You absorbed 1MP.
Effect: [4]
Chimera IND reduced by 1.

The Undead monster looks as fierce as ever, and as mindless as ever.

Current Location: Lineine Woods
Nearby Creatures:
- Undead Chimera Hostile
[??-2/?? ??-1MP/?? STR3 CON?? POW?? RES1 INT?? IND??-1]
- Human Necromancers (location unknown)

Allies:
- Toc the Teal Goblin and Friend
- Human Party Wary
> Shiny and long weapon holding human, named Breios
[15/15 12/12 STR1 CON0 POW1 RES1 INT1 IND2]
> Human with long hair holding some strange object, named Yevlaine
> Big human like a small ogre, holding nothing. Named Patreio.
> "Sleeping" on the back of the big one human, named Paimni Badly Wounded

Spoiler: Azarian's Status (click to show/hide)

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
[Ulkas is in Easenval's Deadland as I suspected? Looking forwards to seeing 'Ferratus' again.]

"Geh... Wyverns. Might not be a dragon, but still brings back bad memories." Eximius 'winced', recalling a certain toxic sludge dragon from long, long ago.

Try to clip one of their wings with a Mana Wave. If successful in grounding them, finish with a Mana Drain.

[Prias: Mana Wave (-3MP)]
Attack Roll: 12=[8]+4
Defender Roll: 11=[8]+3
[Successful Attack]
Damage: [4]
Luck: [5]

Prias fired a Mana Wave at one of the wyverns. The crescent wave of slashing mana clipped the left wing of the skeletal creature, which then fell uncontrollably on the ground.

[Prias: Mana Drain]
Attack Roll: 8=[4]+4
Defender Roll: -3=[1]-4
[Successful Attack]
Damage: [13]
Mana Drain (STR3 vs RES1): [1] vs [11]
Failed to drain mana.

Adventurer abstraction:
Werbald 1d16: [9]
Malmey 1d16: [14]
Caromash 1d14: [14]
Shavrine 1d14: [10]
Wyvern2 1d12: [7]

Meanwhile, the four adventurers easily dispatched the remaining wyvern without taking even a scratch.

Current Location: Nepkeros Eastern Deadland -- Deadland

Nearby Creatures:
Monsters [Enemies]
- Skeletal Wyvern#1 -17HP
- Skeletal Wyvern#2 DEAD (5 lesser Essence)

Adventurer Party [Allies]
- Werbald the Squire
- Malmey the Mage
- Caromash the Scout
- Shavrine the Ranger

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Squacks the Carrion Bird - (Devastator)
(Skra should be stage 3.  She was introduced as being stage 1, and has evolved twice.)

Carrion bird (Stage 0)
->
Jagged Carrion bird (Stage 1)
->
Cinder Vulture (Stage 2)
->
Scorching Vulture (Stage 3.)

Time for the next step.  Lets lure them away, by attacking a scouting group at a good distance from the nest.  Kill them all (and absorb their essence), but one, and capture that one.

Tell that one that the "Lord of Fire" is challenging the insects, and challenge them to a fight there, at the extreme end of their territory.  Let the survivor go to bring the challenge back to the nest.

After that, sneak in close to the nest and see what happens.

Attacking a scouting group: [2]
You initiated the first step of the plan, getting farther away from the central spire in order to attack a scouting party and lure away some of the insects away from the main nest. Once you were at a fair enough distance, you waited for a small group of Elemanoptera to pass by your ambush location: a small group of three, the smallest size you had been able to find for a scouting party.

The ambush didn't work so well. They reacted far too quickly, and spread out to avoid confrontation rather than counterattack. You saw each of the scout emit a bright flash of light, as if sending a call. More insects than expected arrived at the scene, and it was probably only the start of it! For now they were only basic hunting squads, but the more dangerous patrol squads would soon arrive.

You are being surrounded, escaping will not be an easy task.

Current Location: Savarde Jungles (North) -- Elemanoptera Hive Outskirts
Nearby creatures:
Initial Scouting Party:
-Elemanoptera Scout #1
-Elemanoptera Scout #2
-Elemanoptera Scout #3

Hunting Squad A:
-Tri-Elemanoptera Hunter Leader #1A
-Elemanoptera Hunter #2A
-Elemanoptera Hunter #3A
-Elemanoptera Hunter #4A

Hunting Squad B:
-Tri-Elemanoptera Hunter Leader #1B
-Elemanoptera Hunter #2B
-Elemanoptera Hunter #3B
-Elemanoptera Hunter #4B

Ally:
- Skra the Scorching Vulture (Stage 3)
[HP28/28 MP17/17 STR4 CON1 POW-1 RES1 INT-1 IND0]

Spoiler: Squacks Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
Quote from: Ulkas
“Liel, now that I have rested, what can you tell us about the opponent we have faced at the military facility? I have gathered that it once was a Core, one which turned its facility into an extension of itself. Both perfected and yet somehow… Even more twisted from that seeming perfection.”

"Xatares is grateful... and apologies for inadvertently sending us toward a death trap. This situation fell far outside our expectations, a core corruption is unacceptable... and shouldn't have been allowed to happen. We surmise the failsafes failed due to some unknown reason. Rogue Core Ersenas has been flagged as an Enemy. We have been able to determine it willingly used the emergency beacon to lure in Levem rescue efforts, in order to ambush them and appropriate their ichor. By doing so, it openly made itself an enemy of Levem."

”We should return to hunt it down… But only after we get some defense from its ability to affect souls. Was it something unique to Mad Core, or it just used what all Cores have to twisted purpose?”

“Astrosa, much thanks for the wait and information. I feel like my mind has recovered adequately and without lingering issues. I should probably need to get a better grasp on myself before attempting something similar again. For now, I’m feeling traces of mentality in the fog, so I’ll attempt to deduce what is affecting these lands. We may also travel around a bit to find some weak monsters to control and evolve - I assume you met no worthy opponents while I you were gathering information?”

Not all monsters are suitable for evolution and some may be more important as information providers than snacks, just as Astrosa proved. Ulkas smiled happily, glad that his partner was getting sharper and more proficient in handling information. It was a rather nice development.

Check out the fog via Mind Field and Analysis. Take care not to overload the mind and see if recovery went smoothly. If there are some weak monsters - see if we could evolve them like we did before meeting Ambition.

"Soul Manipulation was a highly restricted ability. Under normal circumstances, Facility Cores were not authorized to access to Soul Manipulation. It is likely that the Rogue Core managed to bypass the restriction when its facility broke down."

Fog Analysis (Mind Field and Extreme Analysis)
Easy 6: [9]
Outcome: [2] -Success-

It was quite clar to you. This Fog was alive, and it was some sort of Mind Field. A vast Mind Field that had managed that stretched out over the entire land, as if you were now in the half-nightmare of some entity. With your abilities, you could trace it back to its source.

Low stage farming: [4]
It was easy to manipulate the mindless undead into killing each others and absorbing essence so that some of them matured into higher Stage undead. There was something very entertaining about all this. Each monsters had variations in their transformations, and one could play a game of guessing what a monster would evolve into. One rotten soldier could become some hulking armoured creature, or a physically unchanged but more skilled creature. Some developped magic abilities, other didn't. But all the same, their essence became of higher quality.

In the end you only managed to "raise" 2 monsters to the 3rd Stage.
+20 Medium Essence

Current Location: -Deadland of Easenval (East from Fordania)
Nearby creatures:
- ?
Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Skee, the Insect Parasite (Legendary Marksdorf)
"Shnapa. You're saying I'm a symbiote, and your friend ? I have to tell you, originally, I just planned to use your body as a stepping stone to possess a more powerful one. I only healed you, helped you grow and fight, made plans, for my own benefit. And yet..."

Skee paused, before continuing.

"I've grown accustomed to this body, to you, Shnapa. Attached, perhaps even. Fighting alongside a pack, being a part of a greater organization such as the Horde... Those are things I had never experienced before. Usually, parasites do not go for social monsters, because it's easy for their consorts to tell something is wrong, and they get discovered right away. I guess our meeting was... fated ? We both got to experience new, exciting things. Shnapa. I will not erase you. I believe there is something to be gained of our association. And for what it's worth, well, I'm... glad that you could experience this growth as well. Your old life, it sounds a lot like my old life. Not very interesting, to say the least. Anyways. You mentioned you wanted to help. What do you have in mind exactly, partner ?"

(...)

(Back to the present)

Skee arrived at the heart of battle. Such chaos ! Any wrong move now could get him and his pack decimated. Quickly, he decided a course of action. Mentioning his pack to stay close to him, he stayed away from the combat for now while trying to analyze the situation. In particular, he looked for the great leaders. Where were they ? Who were they fighting ? The best way to act was probably to try and assist them. They represented the biggest power in the horde. Should they die or be incapacitated, the Horde's chances of winning would be greatly diminshed. Skee also tried to identify the most powerful entities on the other side, and what powers they seemed to display. Lastly, speaking in his own mind, he asked "Hey, Shnapa. Any ideas ?".

(Back in the mind of Shnapa)
"Partner... this is a sweet word. Here is my idea: I will handle my body during battle to lighten your load. You will be able to see things I won't be able to, I'm sure that will work out well for us. Two are better than one!"

Budding Skill: Symbiotic Battle Style (Novice)

(...)

Battlefield Analysis (INT 4):
Easy 3: [17]
Outcome: [3] -Critical Success-

Your squad followed your directive and you hid in the safety of a tree from which you could oversee most of the battlefield.

On the Makralian side, Krauraka the Hungry and Greater Leader himself was on the frontline, facing two massive Arachnastinians at once. He also had changed: he might have evolved during the assault. You could see most of the Greater Leaders here, save for Rushnu and Napkak. Not too far from you was also Knakarsh the Mighty, who was riddled with countless spears and bleeding heavily. He was facing an Arachnastinian Champion like the one you fought, but it didn't seem like he was the one putting him in such difficulties. Upon closer inspection, these weren't spears... but spear sized arrows. You focused your gaze, and found an Arachnastinian unlike any other hiding in the trees along with other archers.

Its chitin was black and its build wasn't particularly impressive, and you could have mistaken is for yet another footsoldier. But this archer wielded a greatbow taller than itself, and taller than the tallest Makralian. It also had a subtle horn on its head, which may have indicated some sort of rank. None of its shots seemed to miss.

On another side of the battlefield, you noticed what could be called heavy cavalry. Despite the treacherous terrain of the jungles, these heavily armoured Arachnastinians moved at incredible speeds without being hindered by trees and vines, crashing into Makralians with incredible force. They were led by a behemoth of an Arachnastinian that wielded a gigantic cleaver made of some sort of petrified wood.

You could count several other elite enemies, but these two seemed like the most dangerous on a strategic scale.

Current Location: Central Savarde Jungle -- Arachnastinian Territories --- Inner Arachnastinian Territories
Nearby Creatures:
[Immediate Surroundings]
-Shnapa's Pack [Friends!]
[HP10 MP10 STR 1 CON 1 POW 0 RES 0 INT -1 IND -1]
-> Knap-knap 8/10
-> Apa-nap 8/10
-> Kenep 8/10
-> Peshnep 8/10

[Big Battle!]
-Hundred of Arachnastinian
-Hundred of Makralians

[Makralian Horde]
-The Horde Leader: Krauraka
-The 7 Greater Leaders
-The 39 Lesser Leaders
-The 24 last contestants
-Nearly a thousand of Adult Makralians

[Arachnastinian "Spiderfolk" Kingdom]
-Countless Arachnastinians

Spoiler: Skee Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 08:24:28 pm by Nakéen »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: October 14, 2023, 08:38:30 pm »

How dare you hang on to (un)life with 3HP!? Another Mana Drain, and hopefully drain some MP this time!

Assuming the fight ends, hoover up the 10 Essence and the party will continue forth.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 08:57:30 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: October 14, 2023, 08:43:17 pm »

Feeling slightly hungry (this is the only feeling that Purrbul ever has), Purrbul glomps a nearby fern, thus filling out the important role of "vulnerable herbivore" in the local monster ecosystem.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: October 14, 2023, 09:15:25 pm »

Swamp Slugipede

Run away from the goblin. If i fail to get away from it, turn around and try to swallow it again.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: October 14, 2023, 09:28:43 pm »

<Squack> "Those stupid bugs, they aren't thinking three-dimensionally!  They don't know much about up and down.  Lets get very high and see what they do next." </Squack>

https://youtu.be/CUcNM7OsdsY

(Non-squack, so the bugs can understand.)  "This isn't nearly enough to stop the Fire Lord.  There aren't even enough of you to catch us."

Gain altitude to get an advantage in terms of momentum or air positioning.  Both myself and Kra will use [Squack] to try and disorient the insects for a further advantage.  Kra can use any other abilities if she has them, I don't know her powerset.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 09:43:40 pm by Devastator »

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: October 14, 2023, 09:58:42 pm »

Skee calmly analyzed the situation. Contrarily to the Arachnastinians, the Makralians lacked any real ranged firepower, which put them at a massive disadvantage on this battlefield. The heavy cavalry also seemed threatening, but the Great Horde had more than enough brawn to match this kind of fighter, and once the archers stopped raining arrows on their heavy frontliners, they would be able to break through with no problem. However, it's not like Skee and his pack could easily take down the archers... First, they would have to get to them unnoticed. Being discovered would risk an immediate counterattack, which would most likely skewer them right there and then. And then, even if they got to close range... Skee wasn't sure he could deal with that black leader. He hadn't faced any such Arachnastinian in the previous battles, and he could tell he was most likely much more dangerous than the small fry he'd had to deal with before. No matter how much he thought about it, there was no way to safely get rid of them.

Or at least... no way to do it alone.

Skee, remembering the tournament matches he had watched after getting crushed by Napash knew that in the entire great horde was just one Makralian that was perfect for this job. Klikshi the Gale. With his blazing speed, he could easily get to the archers, allowing you to follow right behind while they'd be distracted by his attack and take them out in coordination. Now the only thing left to do was contact him.

Using his new found [Telepathy], Skee attempted to speak with Klikshi, speaking these words. "Hello, Greater Leader Klikshi ? This is pack leader Shnapa, I'm speaking to you directly in your mind. I've spotted where the enemy archers are, along with what seems to be one of their leaders. I think that with your great speed, we could easily take them out and eliminate this ranged threat which we have no means to match. This would in turn allow other Greater Leaders such as Napash and Knakarsh to fight more easily. What do you say ? Just think your answer, I'll be able to hear it as well."

"Shnapa, we're gonna have to take out these archers. This shouldn't be too different from our last battle, but be careful of the Black Leader. Just like you said, you can fully handle the body now, although I'll intervene if necessary."

If Klikshi agrees, communicate the location of the Black Leader and his archers cohort to him telepathically. Then, warn your pack that the level of enemies in this battle will be greater than what they've faced before, and that they should try to save themselves if they're in danger. Once Klikshi has made his move, or is close enough, go with your pack to attack the archers, using [Mind Crusher] on the Black Leader and [Telekinesis] to try and snap his greatbow. Then, you can focus your [Telekinesis] on enhancing Shnapa's speed and the power behind his strikes. If arrows are shot at you, quickly use [Psychic Forcefield] to defend yourself.

If Klikshi doesn't agree, try using [Mind Crusher] from afar on the archers, while watching out for retaliation. Shnapa should be able to focus on dodging at the distance. This should at least relieve some of the pressure on Knakarsh.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 10:02:27 pm by Legendary Marksdorf »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: October 14, 2023, 10:28:48 pm »

Azarian recoiled away, focusing purely on his own survival and leading the chimera way from where the group was concealed as he sought to keep from being struck again. The sensation reminded him of the numerous times he had brushed with death already, and he did not wish to experience that horrid aching sensation and confusion again.
(wow, thats some seriously bipolar rolling, and both rolled 1s on defense as well, which is very unlikely. guess i’ll get two shotted.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: October 15, 2023, 12:13:40 am »

This was the chance it had been waiting for. It's warden might be stronger, but the Hound's senses were superior in a situation of compromised vision. While the other's sight was obscured, it used this chance to attempt to slip off into the storm, and escape. It favored it's chances in the snow, over staying with it's cruel captors.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: October 16, 2023, 02:09:54 am »

Putting some stuff said in private messages for posterity, or else I will forget about them :)
Quote from: Ulkas quick analysis
The Fog is a uniform mind field. It is not interfering with yours, it's very passive and acting like background noise. It is weak, meaning it can easily be overridden, but because it is always present it just returns once whatever is stronger than it stops overriding it.
You will also determine this is why the Fog seems to be weak around creatures. Their subconscious mind field is pushing back the Fog, allowing them to "see" a few meters away.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99