Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 87

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.6 | DF 50.13  (Read 404331 times)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Really Maintained Branch) v.39.3 | DF 44.09
« Reply #375 on: April 15, 2018, 10:02:08 am »

I need to fix this code. Hello71 removed it when porting to 64 bits. I am not sure what is wrong with it. If I understand it correctly, it is supposed to enable extra features when the player race has more than 2 (common?) castes. No one complained about them missing, but it is generating an error because of some other change.

I am usually playing vanilla DF and I don't know mods very well. Any mod recommendation for having 3 or more castes for the player race?

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 15, 2018, 12:05:16 pm »

Masterwork - not that I play it - by Meph. 

I'm pretty sure compatibility with this mod was the reason for the introduction in DT of the code for extra castes.

p.s. A search of the Masterwork thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125638.0 reveals a few mentions of it (castes) being broken in Hello71's versions.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 12:11:37 pm by feelotraveller »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 16, 2018, 04:59:27 am »

Thanks, it seems easy to fix. I guess Hello71 did not have the proper df-structures at the time.

I finally added the possibility to add preference columns in this PR, so it can be tested. It requires some more tweaks but the core features are implemented and feedback would be welcome.

There is some issues with preferences (for both roles and columns): melee or ranged weapons don't work at all, and Masterwork had quilted/padded (fabrics) in the paper category: I think papers should be based on the PAPER_SLURRY reaction class instead of the plant thread flag.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 17, 2018, 04:01:26 pm »

Some quick feedback.  I've not been playing recently and am time/concentration limited, but since you asked.  ;)

A couple of things I noted that might be able to be improved:
1) While the numerical display works well the other 3 drawing methods currently make no distinction when there is more than one relevant match.
2) In the numerical display I found the red zeroes a bit much.  It might look better if the non-matches were black and the numbers red? (Given that there will likely be more non-matches than matches.) Edit: a second thought is that the digits are displayed too bold/fat.
3) Would it be possible to add the capacity to select the categories straight from the list?  While some can be selected when they are subsidiary items of other categories (e.g. Weapons Ranged from under General Equipment) others like General Trade Goods (one I personally might want rather than a column for each type of trade good) I was not able to select.
4) Trivial but I did not know what the "1" was doing in the 'Choose a Preference' window (on the bar where the list can be sorted ascending or descending).

Like it.  :)  Regardless of shortcomings it adds welcome options.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 04:06:30 pm by feelotraveller »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 17, 2018, 04:11:58 pm »

Have to say I'm quite interested to see how DT will address the updated stress system in the next release. :)
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 17, 2018, 04:49:46 pm »

Thanks, feelotraveller

1) That's because I don't know the maximum number of matched preferences. Thus the rating is either 0% (no preference) or 100% (any number of preference matched). Only the text mode displays the raw value.
2) Every cell type is drawn with the same method: values below the median are red. There is also an ignored range where the value is not displayed. Zeros could be red or black or invisible. But positive values should be black. Bold can be removed (it is there because I copied the kill column, but I did not really think about it).
3) Possible but maybe not easy, I'll think about it. "Trade Goods" already exists in "General Items".
4) A column header that I need to either hide or name. It was hidden in the previous widget, but showing it allows to change the sort order.

@PlumpHelmetMan, You mean displaying "memories"? It make take some time to figure the structures. The rest looks mostly like rebalancing, I don't think it will require changes in DT. We'll see when it is released.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 18, 2018, 12:13:15 am »

It's all good.  8)

1) Noticed the quote in the pull request and even displaying the numerical values is going beyond that.  :)
2) Actually came back to suggest that blank cells for non-matches would be my preference.
3) Ah, so it is.  As is 'Instruments' another that occurred to me. 

Thank you for your continued development.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 18, 2018, 11:10:29 am »

If you want to try my first (broken) attempt at creating a preference tree where every node is a preference, you can try this branch.
  • Most of the top preferences are too generic to be useful.
  • I am adding too many preferences (impossible ones) that clutter the tree.
  • The search filter is weirdly broken.
  • Some displayed names are weirdly broken (but the preference seems to work when selected).
  • The "Items" part is a mess (more than the others).

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 19, 2018, 10:22:24 am »

in linux it can't find the running game and can't connect.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 19, 2018, 10:31:00 am »

You need to be more specific. What version of DF and DT, and 32-bit or 64-bit?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 19, 2018, 10:46:19 am »

You need to be more specific. What version of DF and DT, and 32-bit or 64-bit?
oh, sry. linux LNP http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163211.msg7738396#msg7738396
so 64 bit on linuxmint18.3 amd64

DF 0.44.09
TWBT 6.41
DFHack 0.44.09-r1
Dwarf Therapist 39.3.1
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 19, 2018, 11:12:18 am »

Try setting the cap_sys_ptrace capability on the DT executable.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 19, 2018, 01:23:37 pm »

If you want to try my first (broken) attempt at creating a preference tree where every node is a preference, you can try this branch.
  • Some displayed names are weirdly broken (but the preference seems to work when selected).

I fixed the worst issues. I removed impossible materials and items. I still need to add filters for creatures (I need to add prefstring support for that), and instrument component are added with the full instruments. Also there is still some preferences (instruments, tools, ...) that won't go into their category.

I am using  the wiki for the list of possible materials and items. It may not be complete, it is missing papers and parchments. The dyes were added in the previous DT preference list, do they actually occurs?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 19, 2018, 03:17:45 pm »

I fixed the worst issues. I removed impossible materials and items. I still need to add filters for creatures (I need to add prefstring support for that), and instrument component are added with the full instruments. Also there is still some preferences (instruments, tools, ...) that won't go into their category.

I am using  the wiki for the list of possible materials and items. It may not be complete, it is missing papers and parchments. The dyes were added in the previous DT preference list, do they actually occurs?
There are preferences for colors I believe, but I haven't seen them for dyes.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 87