Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

If given the choice between this game and another game run by me... What would you want?

I still like Gridhood Bay12 edition despite its shortcomings
- 13 (81.3%)
The Gridland Survival sequel thing
- 2 (12.5%)
Fleshmancy! (It would require a smaller playerbase however)
- 1 (6.3%)
An RPG game about players being demigods.
- 0 (0%)
Something else
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 70

Author Topic: Gridhood: Bay12 edition. Its definitely dead now.  (Read 90937 times)

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Bay12 edition
« Reply #195 on: April 05, 2018, 10:16:53 pm »

There is nothing stopping you from doing more than 5 different kinds of actions in a turn. There's just random penalties for doing so.

Your logistics can be increased by various science projects.
Yes, but I mean in regards to population. Can I use all five actions allowed by my logistics even if I don't have the population to support it?
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 05, 2018, 10:32:48 pm »

You can't take five actions if you have less than five people. That would just be silly.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 05, 2018, 11:04:29 pm »

Three members of the Horde forage at H9, and two forage at I8.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 06, 2018, 02:15:48 am »

3 citizens of Tír Cloch get slightly annoyed at Armok for being picky, and go to D5 to search for food. Two people continue research into tools and agriculture, and if you get picky about how I worded that, blood will fly.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 06, 2018, 07:22:04 am »

He offers his remaining 2FP as part of a collaboration with Blarg to upgrade tile K1 into a 5FP swamp of glowing will-o'-wisps and mysterious magic.
Blarg excepts these 2FP and upgrades K1 using 5FP in to a swamp of glowing will-o'-wisps and mysterious magic.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 06, 2018, 07:30:22 am »

Orassan Empire
Have 2 people forage (farm if available) K10, 1 person forage K11, and 2 people research Agriculture.
it's over

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 06, 2018, 04:51:37 pm »

Three members of the Horde forage at H9, and two forage at I8.

These tiles are not adjacent to your territory. (I don't always notice these things, so if someone harvested at an invalid tile before, it was a GM error)

I'm just going to assume that you meant to harvest the tiles one space to the right and one space down. If I am wrong, let me know and I can starve your people for you.

(I am only doing this because I really don't want to wipe out an entire civilization for a single error. Actions like this will typically result in a zero harvest)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 05:05:07 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 06, 2018, 05:14:52 pm »

Turn 9

Spoiler: Tiles (click to show/hide)

In order to discourage the overuse of certain tile effects, I have added a new more expensive god ability to the game. See the first post for more detail. You will want to consider how other gods might feel about this new ability, as it is much cheaper to destroy it than it is to create.

Also, just in case it wasn't obvious: An adjacent tile means that its border must be in direct contact with another tile. Diagonals are allowed.

Godly behaviors of particular note
Arkas creates a foul pit at E4... There are snakes there, but the snakes do not understand the concepts of gods and will attack anyone!

Snag was not able to create their special tile. See the new rules for interactive tiles.

Kyuu creates a dangerous forest at C8 called Caligine Perussi Silvam.

Snar and Blarg create a special tile at K1 to make a swamp with glowing will-o'-wisps and mysterious magic.

The Nirii Dominion
2 civilians forage at C2 to collect 6 food. 1 person forages at B3 to collect 3 food, one person at C3 to collect 1 food and one at D3 who collects 3 food.

The Nirii Dominion population increases by 1.

The Farming technology has been completed!

Sylva Horde
3 civilians forage at I10 to collect 5 food and 2 civilians forage at J9 to collect 5 food.

Cultivating of Beans
The Cultivating of Beans sends one person to forage at K1 to collect 2 food, one to J1 who collects 2 food and one to K2 who collects 2 food. One person researches swamp farming and one researches swamp housebuilding... But no real progress was made towards the latter! Two people pray to Blarg and the population is increased by 1.

Orassan Empire
Two civilians forage at K10 to collect 8 food and 1 person forages at K11 to collect 2 food. Two civilians continue to research agriculture.

Drecthul Commonwealth
2 civilians forage from B6 to collect 4 food. The mountain range at C6 has been successfully surveyed and their population has been increased by one.

Tir Cloch
3 civilians forage at D5 to collect 6 food. Reasearch continues on tools and agriculture, and proof of concept has been achieved for the former.

Spoiler: Civilizations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 06, 2018, 05:28:56 pm »

Drecthul Commonwealth

3 Civilians forage from B6, 1 Civilian forages from C6, 2 Civilians research Basic Toolmaking.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 06, 2018, 05:40:14 pm »

Arkas creates a rocky wasteland with an Obelisk of Snakeform at its center, at B6. The Obelisk turns those who touch it into snake people provided they make a blood sacrifice to Arkas to pay for it. This is a special tile and will cost 5 FP.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 06, 2018, 05:44:14 pm »

Arkas creates a rocky wasteland with an Obelisk of Snakeform at its center, at B6. The Obelisk turns those who touch it into snake people provided they make a blood sacrifice to Arkas to pay for it. This is a special tile and will cost 5 FP.

This action would require an Interactive tile to work. Its basically the next level up from a Special Tile.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 06, 2018, 06:03:01 pm »

Nirii Dominion

Spoiler: Turn (click to show/hide)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 06, 2018, 06:20:26 pm »

Cultivating of Beans
1pop forages at k1  1pop forages at k2, 1pop forages at j1 1pop forages at j2, 2pop pray to blarg, 1pop researches swamp farming, 1pop research swamp housebuilding

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 06, 2018, 06:56:21 pm »

How much RP is needed for agriculture? 100 thousand?

Orassan Empire

Create a new civilian, have 3 people farm K10, have 2 people research Agriculture (again)
it's over

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 06, 2018, 07:34:29 pm »

Forknor waits patiently.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 70