Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 180

Author Topic: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"  (Read 218708 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"
« Reply #1561 on: July 11, 2021, 09:29:35 pm »

I found an app called Low Res NX which apparent
Y lets you make games via BASIc and play other peoples’ games

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: July 13, 2021, 03:21:36 am »

Huh, I'd never seen this Bay12 stats page before.

GWG is still the #3 poster and #2 thread starter despite being banned over 7 years ago. That's kind of impressive.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: July 13, 2021, 03:39:40 am »

The phrase “waves of iron” ran through my head for all of Monday and I’m still thinking about it now. Not sure what prompted me to think of it

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: July 13, 2021, 04:40:29 am »

For anyone still using HuffYUV for storage of lossless video, it's outdated. FFV1 is far more efficient, and it's also open-source. It also supports all the pixel formats that ffvhuff supports, so no worries about whether it'll support your particular pixel format. It almost certainly will. Being a format from 2003, it's well-supported by basically everything.

As a not-quite scientific measure, I encoded Big Buck Bunny at 480p (available from the fine folks at Xiph) in FFV1, ffvhuff (essentially HuffYUV with more pixel formats supported) and raw YUV 4:2:0 (the control).

FFV1 wins out at 2.17 GB. ffvhuff encodes 3.41 GB, and raw (being uncompressed data) 6.75 GB.

FFV1 is 63% the size of ffvhuff. Use FFV1. It's better than HuffYUV at least in terms of compression efficiency. It's definitely slower to encode, however.

This has been a public service announcement about lossless video codecs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: July 16, 2021, 08:20:34 pm »

So YouTube recommended a Song about the Internet to me recently. I found the song interesting, what do you all think?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: July 16, 2021, 09:55:40 pm »

Swimming trunks continue to be best underwear. Along with its myriad other advantages, it turns out it's helpful to be wearing something like that when you're having to bath elderly, too. Even if they get splashed off and on, they're built for it!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: July 20, 2021, 10:37:56 am »

What if there was a superhero villain called MISTER CINEASTER
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: July 20, 2021, 10:58:59 am »

What if there was a superhero villain called MISTER CINEASTER
A cinnamon Easter Bunny who vows to kill anyone who eats bunny shaped foods of any kind, since he mistakenly thinks they are also sentient too, since the mage that made him forgot to tell him he’s unique. He has residual magic that allows him to create cinnamon golems, who also have sentience, further reinforcing his perception that near everything can think

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: July 20, 2021, 11:02:03 am »

waves of iron

It's been a week, figured it was time to start this up again for you.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: July 20, 2021, 11:11:39 am »

waves of iron

It's been a week, figured it was time to start this up again for you.
oh, I looked it up shortly after posting that and forgot to post the answer, then forgot the answer so looked it up again, it’s 1538 degrees Celsius or 2800 degrees Fahrenheit. For future references for when I mention temperatures, what do you all prefer? Also apparently Krypton has a melting point of -157.36°C. How do you type the degree symbol? I had to copy and paste to get it

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: July 20, 2021, 12:52:41 pm »

There's a fancy alt code thing that can produce it, I think, but the practical answer to "how do you type the degree symbol" is "you don't". Most people will understand 150C (or whatever) stands for 150 degrees celcius when you're talking about stuff involving temperature.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: July 20, 2021, 03:35:05 pm »

Just use Kelvin (or Rankine if you're really in the mood), then you don't need to worry about silly degrees.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: July 20, 2021, 09:24:50 pm »

It happens more and more often that I really want to rant and while I keep rejecting non succint or at least entertaining takes, weighing out how much is wise to share, someone will show up in the relevant threads with something that seems more pressing than my slow and ongoing defeat, to what I can only call a generalized hate disorder. Anger disorder is probably the word but since I never get stuck in angry mode when I'm in charge of my schedule that feels like an infantilisation of my issues. But I never regretted not writing something; I don't like my rants either.

I'll just keep observing behaviours that I'll reject for myself (to the extent of my ability*) leaving me with whole little nothing of tools, as a tiny vantablackhole of rage.

*is tautological and thus unecessary to mention but how else to acknoweldge that it would appear that I'm shitting higher than my ass hangs since try to keep the curtain before the deep abyss that stretches out beneath my ass
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 09:31:42 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: July 21, 2021, 03:28:38 am »

There's a fancy alt code thing that can produce it, I think, but the practical answer to "how do you type the degree symbol" is "you don't". Most people will understand 150C (or whatever) stands for 150 degrees celcius when you're talking about stuff involving temperature.

And if you're working on a Windows laptop without a numpad, like me, you can used Windows key + Period. Beyond the emojis, there's a tab in there for other signs such as °, ℃, ¾, ¿, ‱ and even ™

But yeah, just using C or F is understandable by most and is the common notation
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 180