Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 100

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 179748 times)

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #765 on: November 29, 2019, 07:48:21 pm »

That description kind of reminds me of Victor Vran, if you haven't looked at that before.

As I recall, and it's been a while, ability customization goes as far as having two weapons, both with two attack modes, a charged equippable special, armor (that mostly deals with how your special charges), and some modifiers, like +dam/-life, +drops, etc.

It's much more gameplay focused than loot grind, and there's no open world to speak of; it's basically a set of mission-driven maps, and post-storyline replays of the maps have objectives like "Kill 50 units in 20 seconds with the lightning gun without taking damage."

Huh, for some reason I had set that one to 'ignore' on my steam account. (I think I might have quickly dismissed it as a Van Helsing clone.) Thanks, I'll move it to the 'give it a whirl some time' camp.

And yeah, balancing in Martyr is not exactly perfect. Progression in ARPGs always come across rather weird to me, so that's usually not what I focus on. I'm not aiming to get 100+ hours out of this or any ARPG - more of a 'scratch an itch' thing than a genre I love. And... I'll admit the 40k (or even just sci-fi) setting is definitely part of the appeal.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 29, 2019, 08:45:40 pm »

After watching a lot of Elder Scrolls speedruns, I felt the urge to play Skyrim again. This time I wanted to do something different: instead of being a psychic murder hobo who zooms through the main plot, I turned away from the first main quest marker and started walking.

There's a lot of things I never noticed about Skyrim due to fast-travel abuse. Like how instead of using magic or ranged weapons, vampires will chase wild animals on foot and try to punch them.

Bears and sabre cats are still OP.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 30, 2019, 01:06:49 pm »

After watching a lot of Elder Scrolls speedruns, I felt the urge to play Skyrim again. This time I wanted to do something different: instead of being a psychic murder hobo who zooms through the main plot, I turned away from the first main quest marker and started walking.

There's a lot of things I never noticed about Skyrim due to fast-travel abuse. Like how instead of using magic or ranged weapons, vampires will chase wild animals on foot and try to punch them.

Let us know how long you spend wandering the wilds before your character reverts to psychic murder hobo.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 30, 2019, 02:49:19 pm »

Let us know how long you spend wandering the wilds before your character reverts to psychic murder hobo.

Play Enderal Instead.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 30, 2019, 07:06:33 pm »

Play Enderal Instead.
no
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 30, 2019, 07:41:27 pm »

Play Enderal Instead.
no

Do it anyway though
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 01, 2019, 08:43:31 am »

Fallout 1 , completed the water chip quest finally.
As a low intelligence character it involved mostly killing people and mutants nearly everywhere as there was no alternative way for low level intelligence in that game unfortunately (as everyone refuse basically to talk to you) and nearly no side quest to complete due to npc not giving them to you due to the "not talking to moron" part.

Sad to see that low level intelligence character run result in being the most boring and linear way to play Fallout 1 (as killing everyone and ignoring all side quests is already possible with any kind of character, with a low level int guy you're forced into this) instead of being different.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 01, 2019, 03:25:48 pm »

Bought Assassin's Creed Black Flag during the Fall sale.

I'm only a couple hours in, doing the collecathon busy work as is per my usual....

And I'm struck by just how bad the combat is. Where to start.....

It feels paper thin. Fights are over so quickly I barely even realize I had one.

It feels so sloppy. Within the first hour or two I've seen tons of half-finished animations during kill syncs, weapons just disappearing out of Edward's hands, or these janky little gestures where you're like "What was that even?" Hidden blade animations despite not having the hidden blades. Animations not synching up correctly. AC3 had this problem worse than AC Revelations, which had it worse than AC2 Brotherhood.....I swear it's like the technical craft of their own work just degrades over time.

It feels easy. I'm pretty sure I've countered kill guys without even hitting the counter kill button. Or the timing is so generous it beggars belief.

It's buggy. On one of my very first missions I was supposed to flee the guards. Well, you can't outrun them and they chase you down and then do that tackle move that you use. Not sure what to do so I figured, maybe you're supposed to dodge it or something? I hit jump right as he goes for me. Some....thing happens, and suddenly I'm underneath Havana, in the water, inside the level geometry. Too much Dark Souls and For Honor I guess, I must have timed that dodge perfectly. Anyways the guards can't find me, I swim away and complete the mission and go roaming around the waterways of Havana for a few minutes until I decide I'm trapped and just fast travel.

Edward is....dirty. I think the truth is I'm not super down with pirates because they're generally kind of dicks. That combination of being a rogue and also boastful and brash. We'll see how he shapes up later but so far all I want is to give him a bath.

I get that Black Flag is really about the islands and naval gameplay and that's what makes the game but man.....I sort of expected Black Flag to be fresh start before the series starts to decline again.....but so far it seems in serious ways to be a downgrade from AC3 in terms of tech and handling. From what I know of later games this actually looks like the start of the badness that really shows in Unity and other titles. I guess I'm just a little disappointed so far because AC IV was kinda hyped up, but it looks like all the things that are classic AC game play in it seem shoddily executed.

It makes me wonder if the game later on is so good it overshadows these problems, because I didn't really hear about how technically pisspoor it is.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 03:40:55 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 01, 2019, 04:02:49 pm »

FO2 has many of the same issues, but there are also some wonderful dialogues to be had at low int. Stuff like the strange and prophetic mystic in Arroyo getting completely fed up with you and dropping the mystical mystic act so that you'll go do your damn job and leave him alone

And of course the old woman wondering aloud why the fuck this idiot is the chosen one

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 02, 2019, 10:06:41 am »

EVE Online. after farming daily event missions for SP and buying some alpha injectors i was able to finish with most of the drone skills, bought a cruiser with drone bonuses and started doing abyssal deadspace diving. its quite challenging even at the base lvl but it was doable, until the internet connection went off for a few minutes. F to my Arbitrator, aint buying that shit again. im gonna stay mining for a while thinking what to do next.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 02, 2019, 10:59:28 am »

Play Enderal Instead.
no

Do it anyway though

I tried playing Enderal, but it kept crashing at the beginning when I tried leaving Cliche Cabin.  And my PC is more than capable of handling it

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 02, 2019, 03:43:01 pm »

Play Enderal Instead.
no

Do it anyway though

I tried playing Enderal, but it kept crashing at the beginning when I tried leaving Cliche Cabin.  And my PC is more than capable of handling it

Aw. That sucks.

Did you do the steam version? That's probably the most stable version.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 02, 2019, 03:46:39 pm »

Play Enderal Instead.
no

Do it anyway though

Aw. That sucks.

Did you do the steam version? That's probably the most stable version.

Yep, Steam version is the version I tried saddly

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 04, 2019, 09:54:51 am »

started a Nuzlocke run in Pokemon Emerald. it has been quite challenging to keep everyone alive, specially with the way the gyms and lvls are organized in Hoenn up to the point that almost everyone save for my starter (Treecko) was ravaged in the 3rd gym (fuck you Wattson, fuck your Magneton and fuck your Manectric). thankfully the daycare exists so i only have to sacrifice a few money to train the new party members.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 02:55:35 pm by xaritscin »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 07, 2019, 09:42:17 pm »

As I've mentioned in a few other threads, I'm adapting a Nintendo gamebook into a Twine story. Naturally, this involves solving all the puzzles as I encounter them. The majority of them aren't really "puzzles" at all, instead being things like word scrambles, mazes and coloring pages.

However, one of them is a bloody math problem.

Link wants to hide in whichever spot he can get to first. The tree is 180 feet away, while the boulder is only half that distance. But the boulder is up a steep hill, while the tree is downhill from where Link stands. Link can run downhill three times as fast as he can run uphill, but it will take him 60 feet to get up to full speed. Until then, he can only cover one and a half times as much ground running downhill as running up. Which can he reach first, the boulder or the tree?

If I were the age this book was aimed at I would already have ample reason to skip this puzzle, but the solution takes it even further.

Spoiler: The solution (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 100