Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38

Author Topic: The Exiled Demon  (Read 34809 times)

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Exiled Demon
« Reply #210 on: September 27, 2018, 05:37:59 am »

Let's try reanimating the giant creature, using the heart and our dark power as the source.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 27, 2018, 06:18:28 am »

...damnit, we could have tamed those things. Especially the big tanks one, just imagine if we'd mounted a turret or something on that thing's back.

We should go out and find another one, to take this time.
+1
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 27, 2018, 08:54:21 am »

It occurs to you that killing these creatures was perhaps a waste, and you briefly contemplate reanimating them, before deciding that it should be a simple enough matter to find some more. You set off into the air, and begin searching, finding little. After several hours you have spotted another pair of the squat creatures that came to gnaw on the great beast’s corpse, but when you reach for their minds you find them collapsing under your touch. Something is working against you. You can feel a presence nearby, but you can’t quite tell what it is. Then suddenly it is gone, vanished, and you find four of the squat things, approaching the remains of a zebra. Delicately, you reach for their minds, and find them untouched. It is then a simple matter to slave them to your will and send them off. Then, in a stroke of good fortune, as you are heading back to your Scythes, you spot another, younger specimen of the elephantine creatures. And soon enough it is slaved to you as well.

You flip yourself over it, sitting atop its back. It bears your weight easily enough, and begins to steadily walk back towards your cult.

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 27, 2018, 09:11:49 am »

We should investigate this presence

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 27, 2018, 09:44:14 am »

We should investigate this presence
After we've brought the animals back to camp, yes.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 27, 2018, 10:20:26 am »

This thread just reminds me of Khorne. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! CORRUPTED RABBITS FOR THE CORRUPTED RABBIT THRONE!

And yes, we should investigate the presence.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 27, 2018, 10:23:22 am »

Return to the tribe, ask Damena about these presences, and then investigate it yourself. Also Samana should find himself some women to impregnate.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 27, 2018, 10:39:07 am »

Return to the tribe, ask Damena about these presences, and then investigate it yourself. Also Samana should find himself some women to impregnate.
Willing, though, if they're a member of he Scythes. Visiting evil on other groups is a good idea, but at least for now it's best to keep all the people that follow us in line.

Later on, though, once we've pretty much got everything, setting up multiple competing cults is likely a good idea to maintain continued conflict.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 28, 2018, 11:20:51 am »

Willing, though, if they're a member of he Scythes. Visiting evil on other groups is a good idea, but at least for now it's best to keep all the people that follow us in line.

Later on, though, once we've pretty much got everything, setting up multiple competing cults is likely a good idea to maintain continued conflict.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 28, 2018, 02:32:39 pm »

When you arrive, the camp kneels before you, chanting their name. Samana is currently out, hunting with the burnwolf, which has taken a liking to him. Damena is teaching the newcomers about you, but when you come over he stops. “My lord.” He murmurs, and you tell him of what you encountered while hunting. He nods gravely. “From the sound of it, that was a spirit smart enough not to show itself, and nothing more.” From what you know of spirits, that sounds about right, although it could be some sort of spectral undead or some other force…the spirit does seem most likely though.

Samana returns, with corpses piled high on both his back and the back of the wolf. People swarm about him, collecting the corpses, preparing them for cooking. A couple are brought over as offerings to you, and you accept them, tearing into the still warm flesh with bloody gusto. You have Samaa attend you while you eat, and he comes over. ”You have served me well. Go, and make children.” you tell him. He blushes. “Was I not supposed to do that earlier?” He murmurs, looking like a child upset for disappointing his parents. You clarify – this was encouragement, not permission.
You are still some distance away from the Caz. If you intend to outright destroy them, you will need to prepare for war. Of course, you could take another approach…

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Unless something major happens, the next update will likely have you right outside the hills of the Caz.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 28, 2018, 03:12:54 pm »

Let's get our spirit heart working as a servant before we go in. Corrupt it to a suitable degree that it is unquestioningly obedient, but hopefully not so much it becomes generic. 
Then we can put it into something and let it take control.

Either one of the Leplenas, or into a person if we want to make things interesting.

I vote for a person. One of our strongest warriors, who is not yet a champion.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 28, 2018, 03:33:00 pm »

Why not Samana? Alternatively we could put it into the rockcrusher.

Anyhow, as far as I remember the Caz were quite outnumbering us so maybe a more sneaky aproach would be better suited.

Maybe we could corrupt their patron spirits or kidnap some of their leaders.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 28, 2018, 04:03:15 pm »

Let's get our spirit heart working as a servant before we go in. Corrupt it to a suitable degree that it is unquestioningly obedient, but hopefully not so much it becomes generic. 

Either one of the Leplenas, or into a person if we want to make things interesting.

+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 28, 2018, 04:28:54 pm »

+1
+1 to this.

As for stuff involving the Caz: have the Scythes prepare for war, but I think we should go in ourselves (as sneakily as we can) to go and corrupt a handful of people, preferably guards. We don't need very many, just enough to sabotage some of the defenses and to cause confusion.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 28, 2018, 06:31:02 pm »

We have the tunnel for invading the caz. That should help.

Hey, do we still have the bound giant? Let's put the spirit heart in him!
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38