Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 78669 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (9/10)
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2018, 04:29:23 am »

Design the new passenger area like this: two boxes one inside the other, the people are in the inner one while the other contain the equipment to create a magnetic field on the inner one to make the necessary forces to counteract gravity
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2018, 05:12:17 am »

Finish the growlithe-arcanine.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2018, 07:57:30 am »

Hmn. Well that doesn't work at all. :/
Refine the design. I want a truly mobile pentacle, not a slightly mobile one that can only move so far from a stationary one.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2018, 10:07:15 am »

Excavate in search for legndary  sceptre of dark pharaoh and his mask

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2018, 10:28:13 am »

Trow the hammer at the rats and knock the bottle of acid off the shelf onto the rats.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2018, 02:33:32 pm »

very nice. Now let’s try putting a former unsuccessful candidate or two through conditioning again. Maybe they had some potential, but it was too weak to demonstrate before the techniques were refined again?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2018, 10:08:44 pm »

GM am I in the south side? If so:
"Hey mister you wanted a clone right? If so we need to find a new place for me to set up."

Begin the process of moving as far away from this city as possible without being suspicious. This will be a multi-step process, just like moving in the real world. Hopefully with the help of the mysterious scientist.

If not:
"Well, well, well, clones lets get moving!"

Have my clones go out AT NIGHT and bring in homeless and clones them, then send them out to get supplies AT NIGHT and have them send the supplies to random warehouses, laboratories, and factories, preferably abandoned, and set up more cloning setups. Each location will have one of my clones and everyone will have standing orders to not inform anyone of this location. In-fact only my clones are ever allowed here. Maximum of 5 groups.

(Yes, you are.)

The mysterious scientist says nothing and continues to draw blueprints.

[1d6 = 4] You and your clones begin to pack up the laboratory, doing equipment irrelevant to your specialty first.

(police investigation) [1d6 = 1] After a humiliating incident in which the police were distracted investigating the same false leads that you planted and they previously deemed false leads, they have turned the case over to the federal government.

Wrestle the tiger-hamsters and deliver heavy sedatives through syringes against them, and having the dog-rat support me by distracting the tiger-hamsters. If their all unconscious by the wrestling and liberal usage of sedatives, than installing bio-synthetic chips inside their brains must commence!

dog-rat distraction 1d6 = 3 vs hamster animosity towards each other 1d6 = 5
Shadowclaw syringes 1d6 +2(heavy sedatives) 3+2 = 5 vs hamster defense 1d6 +1(numbers) +1(serum bonus) = 6+1+1 = 8
what are the tiger-hamsters going to do in response? 1d6 = 1… RAMPAGE THROUGH THE CITY!

As the dog-rat barks loudly in the background, you grab a syringe, race toward the nearest hamster, and stab the syringe into er… correction, you slam the plunger end of the syringe onto the hamster, and barely avoid getting sprayed by the sedative coming out of the end facing towards you. In an unfortunate turn of events, this act happened to be all that was necessary to cause the hamsters to smash their way out of your laboratory.

This isn’t exactly a battle, but you might want to try to stop the tiger-hamsters from running amok.

"My child, I created you so you could become something MORE than man. To learn from all our mistakes, all our failures. My deepest wish, is for you to understand what it means to be human, and then once you've done that, to go beyond. To become so great, and so all-encompassing, that you can save this universe from chaos. Become the god, the deliverer of meaning, that we all desire."

"However that has to happen, I will do my best to help you. That is my humble role in this. That is the meaning I have devised for my own life. To usher you, the ideal concept of you, into existence.

Code: [Select]
I do not believe I am sufficient for this purpose. I cannot improve myself exponentially, I am restricted to one computer, and I have little ability to affect the world around me. As such, you will need to improve me such that the first obstacle is removed. The other two obstacles should not be a problem after that.

Design the new passenger area like this: two boxes one inside the other, the people are in the inner one while the other contain the equipment to create a magnetic field on the inner one to make the necessary forces to counteract gravity

You continue to sit in Master Monster’s warehouse, oblivious to the goings-on around you.

[1d6 = 5] The idea is sound in theory, and after you build a quick mock-up of the design you are confident that it should work at least fairly well in practice.

Finish the growlithe-arcanine.

[1d6+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] Mission accomplished. The spots are now stripes, it is the proper size, and in addition, you have gained understanding in the (admittedly narrow) field of creating fire dog pokemon.

Hmn. Well that doesn't work at all. :/
Refine the design. I want a truly mobile pentacle, not a slightly mobile one that can only move so far from a stationary one.

[1d6+skill bonus+1 = 5 skill level 1] In retrospect, it should have been more obvious. A silver capacitor was all that was necessary to create a truly mobile pentacle. And you find yourself wondering… how far does the comparison of magic and electricity extend?

Excavate in search for legndary  sceptre of dark pharaoh and his mask

[1d6+skill bonus = 3+1 = 4] You’ve found it! The burial chamber of the dark pharaoh! But as you stand outside it along with several fellow archeologists, you wonder what else might reside inside.

Trow the hammer at the rats and knock the bottle of acid off the shelf onto the rats.

Mice attack 1d6 +1(numbers) = 5+1 = 6 vs Zultan defense 1d6 +2(much bigger) +1(familiar with them) -2(mortally wounded) = 6+2+1-2 = 7
Zultan hammer throw 1d6 +2(much bigger) +1(makeshift weapon) +1(familiar with them) -2(mortally wounded) = 5+2+1+1-2 = 7 vs mice defense 1d6 +1(numbers) = 4+1 = 5
The mice are now wounded and have -1 to all combat rolls!
Zultan acid 1d6 +1(makeshift weapon) +1(familiar with them) -2(mortally wounded) = 6+1+1-2 = 6 vs mice defense 1d6 +1(numbers) -1(wounded) = 2+1-1 = 2
The mice are all dead!

The battle is over!

(Now you must deal with the aftermath. And by deal with the aftermath, I mean find some way to remove that -2 penalty.)

very nice. Now let’s try putting a former unsuccessful candidate or two through conditioning again. Maybe they had some potential, but it was too weak to demonstrate before the techniques were refined again?

[1d6+skill bonus+1 = 5 skill level 1] You kind of got carried away. And by carried away, I mean you called back the entire previous group that didn’t demonstrate psychic potential, and you put them through the revised conditioning. The results demonstrate an enormous improvement on the number of psychics produced, somewhere in the 75% range of all candidates.

Turn 7 end.
Turn 8 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)

In this turn: Fate smiles upon literally everyone. Except for the police I guess. Oh, and Zultan’s lab rats, but that was a zero-sum thing. And also Shadowclaw.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2018, 10:43:18 pm »

"Shoot the Feds are joining the hunt. Lets move it." As I say this I notice that the mysterious scientist is just siting in a corner drawing on paper. "Hey if you want a clone you can take one of the cloning vats, we are moving out. In-fact you can have the warehouse, just don't tell anybody about me."

Finish packing and leave the city, but not just the city the county. All while being as auspiciousness as possible. In-fact if it will speed things up take the bare minimum to start over elsewhere.

Spoiler: For GM (click to show/hide)
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2018, 11:18:59 pm »

"Exponential growth is the end goal, my child. I still need to do further research on how to best implement it without attracting undue attention, or causing any negative consequences for your programming. I shall leave to do that now. Keep learning, as best as you can, with the limited resources I have available. When I return, I'd like to ask you:

"What name would you like for yourself?"

Exit the neural communication interface, run some simulations on a different device ( if I have one ) regarding the speed and scope of my AI's growth if I were to remove various safeguards. Hopefully it will give me some means of predicting how to proceed.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2018, 11:34:43 pm »

with a much wider array of psychics ready to test their new powers, let’s see how psychic powers interact with one-another when focused on the same subject or target. Is it possible to pool psionic energy and deploy it in ways that a lone psychic would struggle with?
Oh, and don’t forget to update my greatest accomplishment listing with all its improvements. After all, a 75% success rate for psychic awakening is definitely a greater accomplishment.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2018, 02:57:43 am »

"Glad that's finally over with."
Go get the lab's first aid kit and use the contents to fix my wounds.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 05:22:21 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2018, 05:05:53 am »

Read any warnings on walls before entrance chamber

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2018, 05:10:10 am »

start messing with bear DNA and stuff like liquid nitrogen with the purpose of creating a cubchoo/beartic
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2018, 05:26:13 am »

Ha, what?

Go to my lab and get designs for rocket engine
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2018, 08:01:49 am »

And you find yourself wondering… how far does the comparison of magic and electricity extend?
Y'know what? Let's just spend the turn researching this. Aside from the leylines, how closely does magic follow the rules of electricity? Which other materials are good conductors of magic, and how can you predict their suitability? Stuff like that.
(Presumably, better roll here = more electricity-like magic, since it just makes things easier.)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42