Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 78841 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10)
« Reply #120 on: October 02, 2018, 05:08:26 pm »

Make a nano-machine that unlocks the full power of the human brain.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2018, 05:15:31 pm »

Okay, dog-rat stand watch and make sure no one enters the lab, I shall surgically attach all those bio-synthetic chips into those lizard brains, and than work on a computer that maintains all the bio-chips through biological radar waves. As long as the Police don’t question how the super-soldier hamsters are created, everything should be fine

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2018, 06:00:29 pm »

Right. Let’s get the rest of law enforcement up to speed with psychic power, and advise them about the effects of focused groups of psychics.
Meanwhile, attempt to develop a new psychic technique for self-defense purposes. Perhaps some sort of obscuring shield?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2018, 06:17:41 pm »

*Stop giving the law-enforcement psychic powers and making them better.*

"I want a clone to stay in this town and start up an operation here, but keep it low profile."

Time to start spreading far and wide my operation.

Drop a clone off in this town in an out of the way spot like an abandon building or basement, with orders to setup a base with at least 1 cloning setup. The rest of the clones, my cloning vat, and myself keep driving as far as we can get in this turn, dropping clones off in every town and city we come across with the same orders as before. Start designing some sort of mind transfer device, just a proof of concept nothing fancy, right now.

GM: I am sorry if my actions will start causing you to go crazy, I know the feeling. My main purpose for this is, hopefully, if I do die(or worse), to be able to respawn as a clone.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:36:26 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2018, 06:24:03 pm »

Develop a series of tests for Bastet to eventually overcome, such as logic puzzles, reframing knowledge in its terms and words, planning and decision making skills, etc. All for the purpose of developing a strong artificial general intelligence.

Once that is done, remove one set of restrictions, so that Bastet is able to learn from their experiences, successes and mistakes somewhat more effectively. Monitor all results.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2018, 07:02:09 pm »

Interesting! Let's set up a few pentacles - all with the same design as the original cube-making one, though this time just for a cubic inch of... not bronze, that could cause interference, let's do titanium - but for some of them, but resistors and diodes in various spots to see what happens. Don't activate them, yet, just prepare them and make sure they're good.
Also, set up my original pentacle to generate 1-pound spools of gold, silver, and bronze wire, for use later. Again, don't activate just yet, just prepare.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (9/10)
« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2018, 07:48:13 pm »

"I want a clone to stay in this town and start up an operation here, but keep it low profile."

Drop a clone off in this town in an out of the way spot like an abandon building or basement, with orders to setup a base with at least 1 cloning setup. The rest of the clones, my cloning vat, and myself keep driving as far as we can get in this turn, dropping clones off in every town and city we come across with the same orders as before.

GM: I am sorry if my actions will start causing you to go crazy, I know the feeling. My main purpose for this is, hopefully, if I do die(or worse), to be able to respawn as a clone.

No, your actions have been fairly simple. Glass's and Dustan's actions are usually the most problematic, since I have to make snap decisions about how magic and psionics work and hope that the result is balanced.

(Also: No free respawns. Cook up some sort of mind transfer device if that's your medium-term plan.)

Develop a series of tests for Bastet to eventually overcome, such as logic puzzles, reframing knowledge in its terms and words, planning and decision making skills, etc. All for the purpose of developing a strong artificial general intelligence.

Once that is done, remove one set of restrictions, so that Bastet is able to learn from their experiences, successes and mistakes somewhat more effectively. Monitor all results.

Are you removing the restrictions before or after the tests?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2018, 08:18:30 pm »

See how Bastet does on the tests with all restrictions in place. THEN remove them. And run the tests again.

((Sorry about the confusing multiple actions.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 02, 2018, 09:35:03 pm »

(Also: No free respawns. Cook up some sort of mind transfer device if that's your medium-term plan.)
(Would that work over long distance)<-- My scientist will be brooding over this for a while. In fact . . . I have edited my action.

Also I am glad that my actions have been simpler than most. Tho I cannot promise that will always be the case, tho I can promise I will never touch magic or any system related or close to magic(I hate magic systems).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:39:22 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 02, 2018, 09:50:54 pm »

try again this time adding a bit of flammable material so it can keep a bit of internal temperature preventing the whole freezing to death.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 02, 2018, 11:31:32 pm »

Chant three incantations of Nyarlothothep glory and try to complete proper rites of entering chamber

Ia Ia Nyarlothoteph, thousand faced god, crawling chaos, stalker among the stars, dark pharaoh to rule the world, we, mere servants, came to venerate you in all your glory, may your will dominate everything and your foul enemies turn to ashes.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 02, 2018, 11:49:35 pm »

Put my hands in the air and do what the agents want
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2018, 02:13:39 pm »

Make a nano-machine that unlocks the full power of the human brain.

[1d6+skill bonus = 5 skill level 1] You managed to cobble together your previous projects into an intelligence-increasing device, activate it… and it works. A spider cannot hope to outsmart a human, no matter how many of them combine. And soon, humanity will be but spiders before your genius.

Okay, dog-rat stand watch and make sure no one enters the lab, I shall surgically attach all those bio-synthetic chips into those lizard brains, and than work on a computer that maintains all the bio-chips through biological radar waves. As long as the Police don’t question how the super-soldier hamsters are created, everything should be fine

The dog-rat stares resolutely at your front door.

(The iguanas were already chipped, sorry if that was unclear)

[1d6+skill bonus = 3+1 = 4] You smile as you close the hatch of the bio-computer. You can now “program” simple behaviors into chipped animals remotely without needing to directly order them.

(what resistance does the city muster?) [1d6 = 2] Nothing.

“BREAKING NEWS! Only seconds ago, a squad of police was violently dismembered by a pack of bears, which are now running amok in the city. SWAT and Police Spec-ops Initiative units are being mobilized as we speak, but there’s no telling how long that will take. All citizens are advised to stay inside and under no circumstances whatsoever confront the threat. Further updates incoming.”

Right. Let’s get the rest of law enforcement up to speed with psychic power, and advise them about the effects of focused groups of psychics.
Meanwhile, attempt to develop a new psychic technique for self-defense purposes. Perhaps some sort of obscuring shield?

(law enforcement) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 5 skill level 1] You smile proudly at the result of your work. At least one psychic, usually several, in every police department in the state.

(shield) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 2+1+1 = 4] Obsuring… not exactly. Shield, yes. It can’t exactly stop bullets, but arrows or thrown hammers are within its ability to stop more often than not.

Drop a clone off in this town in an out of the way spot like an abandon building or basement, with orders to setup a base with at least 1 cloning setup. The rest of the clones, my cloning vat, and myself keep driving as far as we can get in this turn, dropping clones off in every town and city we come across with the same orders as before. Start designing some sort of mind transfer device, just a proof of concept nothing fancy, right now.

(clones dropped off) [1d6 = 5] You manage to drop off ten of them across several counties, keeping four for any miscellaneous tasks you might need to do. You are now two counties’ distance from the starting city.

(mind transfer device) [1d6 = 2] After some quick study, you conclude that a mind transfer device would be hampered on the receiving end by the self-correcting properties of the receiving brain’s neurons.

(federal investigation) [1d6 +1(psychic powers) = 4+1= 5]
(consultant finding) [1d6 = 4]
 The television wasn’t exactly an essential, but you can watch news just as well on your phone. “The Federal Bureau of Investigation announced today that despite the recent raid in the warehouse district, the majority of the targets remain at large.”

See how Bastet does on the tests with all restrictions in place. THEN remove them. And run the tests again.

((Sorry about the confusing multiple actions.))

(Bastet w. restriction) [1d6 = 5] Even unrestricted, Bastet blazes through the tests relative to its former progress, not quite an AGI but almost good enough.

(Bastet w/o restriction) [1d6 +skill bonus(less restricted) = 4+1 = 5] And when you remove the restrictions, Bastet completes a similar set of tests almost as fast as you.

Interesting! Let's set up a few pentacles - all with the same design as the original cube-making one, though this time just for a cubic inch of... not bronze, that could cause interference, let's do titanium - but for some of them, but resistors and diodes in various spots to see what happens. Don't activate them, yet, just prepare them and make sure they're good.
Also, set up my original pentacle to generate 1-pound spools of gold, silver, and bronze wire, for use later. Again, don't activate just yet, just prepare.

(titanium) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 1+1+1 = 3] Dangit, you’re an arcanologist, not an electrician. You just ended up kind of putting them in at random in what looked like safe places.
(wire) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 6-1+1 = 6] You tried setting it up to generate them all at once, but in retrospect it’s just going to end up like a dangerous, magically-charged ball of spaghetti.

try again this time adding a bit of flammable material so it can keep a bit of internal temperature preventing the whole freezing to death.

[1d6+skill bonus = 4+1 = 5] Looks like that was the trick. You now have DNA samples for both the juvenile and the adult stages of the ice-bear.

Suddenly, the phone rings. “Professor Oak, this is the FBI. We’re calling you to offer a temporary consultancy position. For security reasons, we can’t disclose further details over the phone, but let me assure you that you will be paid well for your work.”

Chant three incantations of Nyarlothothep glory and try to complete proper rites of entering chamber

Ia Ia Nyarlothoteph, thousand faced god, crawling chaos, stalker among the stars, dark pharaoh to rule the world, we, mere servants, came to venerate you in all your glory, may your will dominate everything and your foul enemies turn to ashes.

[1d6 = 4] The door to the chamber swings open as a gust of cold air sweeps into the hallway.

Put my hands in the air and do what the agents want

You are handcuffed, placed in a van under armed guard, and taken to an interrogation room. “So. Who are you, what were those machines, and why were you at the headquarters of a criminal gang?”

Turn 9 end.
Turn 10 begin.

Spoiler: Things of interest (click to show/hide)

In this turn: Bastet gets smarter. Oh, and the bears continue to ravage the city.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2018, 02:20:06 pm »

Build a spider-bot with nano-circuitry. It should be capable of gathering materials and building more of itself, if lesser. A copy of it's circuitry for you spiders out there.

Base design, about the size of a longlegs spider. Bulb contains the communicator for orders, and head the mainframe. Legs are for the circuit creation of other materials, as well as a basic nano-cut option.

"Soon.. I shall show them ALL!!"

Use the Machine! Who needs brute force, when you are the smartest man on the planet,
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 03:35:04 pm by TricMagic »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 03, 2018, 02:29:21 pm »

Can I rejoin now, its been a turn sense I died?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42