Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42

Author Topic: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10) (has Discord)  (Read 78662 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Scientist RTD (semi-minimalist) (10/10)
« Reply #210 on: October 09, 2018, 09:52:29 pm »

Quote from: The Turn
(bismuth) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 1+1+1 = 3] Bismuth does not appear to conduct magic, explaining why a short circuit didn’t form.
No...no, I said a bismuth-plated silver wire, not a bismuth wire... try again. Or are you just confirming my expectations and hopes? In which case don't.
This was moderately ambiguous and I'm a large quantity of confusion.

Also what the fuck, scry for things that could be done to fix this and also for things in the local area that are a net positive rather than the entirety of the negative that is "being overrun by mutants or some crap like that".

Considering that I just learned about this stuff I suspect I should get out of my lab more, except I'm worried I may get eaten.

Also I just realized that I'm playing a game about scientists and a game about wizards and my character in the scientist game is doing better as a wizard than the character in the wizards game is.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 10:11:49 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 09, 2018, 10:21:31 pm »

Continue to try and make more money off my narrow use AI, this time be sure not to sell it to government authorities.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 09, 2018, 10:41:51 pm »

Quote from: The Turn
(bismuth) [1d6+skill bonus+1 = 1+1+1 = 3] Bismuth does not appear to conduct magic, explaining why a short circuit didn’t form.
No...no, I said a bismuth-plated silver wire, not a bismuth wire... try again. Or are you just confirming my expectations and hopes? In which case don't.
This was moderately ambiguous and I'm a large quantity of confusion.

Also what the fuck, scry for things that could be done to fix this and also for things in the local area that are a net positive rather than the entirety of the negative that is "being overrun by mutants or some crap like that".

Considering that I just learned about this stuff I suspect I should get out of my lab more, except I'm worried I may get eaten.

Also I just realized that I'm playing a game about scientists and a game about wizards and my character in the scientist game is doing better as a wizard than the character in the wizards game is.

Paragraph 1: The silver wire was prevented from making contact with the other silver wire by the bismuth plating. Sorry if that was unclear.

Paragraph 2: "Why yes, the whole city is being overrun by mutants! How did you know?" /joke

Paragraph 3: I mean, if anything this should make you want to stay in your lab more, considering that you don't have anything capable of being used on the go yet.

Paragraph 4: Probably because I am generous with roll bonuses. Is it Wizard Kingdom RTD?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 09, 2018, 10:45:44 pm »

Lets hire a lawyer to help the FBI with their court ruling. Also, begin group precognition to determine the biggest threat to our future as a species.
I will kill you if you keep giving the FBI more bonuses.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 09, 2018, 11:33:56 pm »

Lets hire a lawyer to help the FBI with their court ruling. Also, begin group precognition to determine the biggest threat to our future as a species.
Fight the law, and the law wins. Unless you somehow create the payday gang and become mastermind to a online criminal organization.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 09, 2018, 11:49:32 pm »

Fight the law, and the law wins. Unless you somehow create the payday gang and become mastermind to a online criminal organization.
Going to laugh when you get busted for some reason by the FBI.
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 10, 2018, 01:17:49 am »

Design an automatically constructed living modules for outer space live
Considering the fuel making process need human supervison, I'll need to house those human
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 10, 2018, 04:47:45 am »

Bob will go and buy a used RV and a trailer that Bob's car can go on.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 10, 2018, 05:35:35 am »

start the creation of a geodude
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 10, 2018, 08:11:04 am »

You know, this is all very silly. That and my nanotech is beyond compare, apparently.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 10, 2018, 08:32:08 am »

why,it is like cheating actually,people being actually able to forsee negative outcomes for them because they read the thread intently.

Also why does a +1 function as a +1 sometimes? Looks unfair and unbalanced as all hell when you roll a 5 or 6. It actually increases fail rate... or does it? i mean,you can roll 2,3 or 4 instead so it is all dandy. Or not. All it does is shuffle numbers around a bit so it LOOKS like a bonus or a negative,while actually not being one. Bonuses actually wont do a thing lol.
I am a Goober.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 10, 2018, 08:45:45 am »

You do know I created a machine that boosts my brain to max right? Why would I overshoot something?

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 10, 2018, 08:55:37 am »

Because +1 adds one to your roll,game logic be damned. It at least removes critical failure. It adds an ULTRA CRITICAL success though (7) 6 by itself is bad enough.
I take it back,the game is well balanced.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 08:57:57 am by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 10, 2018, 01:21:11 pm »

Refine the omega-serum with more refined mercury so it doesn’t lethally poisoned the user when injecting it into your blood stream and developing protective pathogens that resist the side-effects of the serum. While the tiger-iguanas assault SWAT positions and take  back their equipment and dead human personnel.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 10, 2018, 10:11:29 pm »

Shi Guroth Azatoth Kalima !

Ignite unfaithful with sick green eldritch flames
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42