Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 404

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 493375 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3540 on: August 21, 2021, 06:17:19 pm »

The reputation system should be extended to inanimate objects. This would mean that a granite pebble falling on the head of a bandit at sufficient velocity would be praised as a protector of the defenceless, or that after enough creatures suffer fatal falls, the ground might gain a reputation as a killer.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 06:20:01 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: August 22, 2021, 07:42:08 am »

Miners are dwarves with a grudge against the ground. They will automatically mine your fort in their rage, resulting in cave-ins that perpetuate the cycle of vengeance.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 07:44:11 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: August 22, 2021, 09:28:10 am »

. . . resulting in cave-ins that perpetuate the cycle of vengeance.
THE GNEISS MUST FLOW
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: August 22, 2021, 01:45:56 pm »

I really do not think that Toady has expanded on the concept of werebeasts enough. I think everything should have a werebeast version, and everything also be able to turn into one. You bought a cute little pet hamster from the elven caravan a few days ago? Well, too bad, turns out it was cursed by some god and is now a giant weregiantspermwhale and your fortress will crumble to its ruin.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: August 22, 2021, 04:18:28 pm »

I really do not think that Toady has expanded on the concept of werebeasts enough. I think everything should have a werebeast version, and everything also be able to turn into one. You bought a cute little pet hamster from the elven caravan a few days ago? Well, too bad, turns out it was cursed by some god and is now a giant weregiantspermwhale and your fortress will crumble to its ruin.

And when we say “everything”, we mean “everything”.  Rocks, water, food, drink, logs, even werebeasts.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: August 22, 2021, 05:09:16 pm »

Your fort is under siege by a werewerewerewerewerewerewereweretortoise!!!
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

DwarfStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: August 22, 2021, 07:31:41 pm »

Your fort is under siege by a werewerewerewerewerewerewereweretortoise!!!

But when he reverts to normal, he's a hyena man man man man man man man.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: August 22, 2021, 07:40:21 pm »

Occasionally, your fort should receive a group of visitors who claim that they are collectively a particular animal.  These visitors also don’t speak proper English and seem to leave out indefinite articles.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: August 22, 2021, 08:20:32 pm »

Occasionally, your fort should receive a group of visitors who claim that they are collectively a particular animal.  These visitors also don’t speak proper English and seem to leave out indefinite articles.

Following myth and magic, they'll also prefer to use messaging spells or send illusory avatars to your fortress rather than visiting in person.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: August 22, 2021, 11:05:40 pm »

And when we say “everything”, we mean “everything”.  Rocks, water, food, drink, logs, even werebeasts.
Wereplants. Urist Mcminer has turned into a werewheat plant and will die if he doesn’t get sunlight in the next 24 hours. Wereplants can make noises that their normal forms can make but in their plant form have no idea what said noises mean.
You enter a forest, one of the yew berry plants begins talking in elvish, “tree statue stage puppet greetings, pirate road goblet, bad nice you untrodden shirt” When reverting back to normal, they do not know what they said while in plant form

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: August 23, 2021, 01:14:16 am »

That moment when you realize your to late to save your dwarves from the wine you bought from the caravan, because they've already drank it all and your message log is being flooded with messages about wereelephants ripping their way our of your dwarves.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: August 24, 2021, 03:05:22 am »

Everything your dwarves bite turn into weredwarves. Weredwarves mine tiles at random and attempt to light vegetation on fire. They will go berserk if they fail.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3552 on: August 24, 2021, 03:12:38 am »

Every dwarf bitten by a cave spider turns into a Cave Spider Man, capable of shooting webbings for mobility and furious against green goblins.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: August 24, 2021, 04:34:20 am »

Everything bitten by everything turn into everything.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: August 24, 2021, 04:55:56 am »

Anything that bites anything also turns partly into that anything.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 404