Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 399

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 486240 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3465 on: July 27, 2021, 02:52:45 pm »

Stairs are one-way, so dwarves can only go up an up stair, never down, like an escalator (and the opposite limitation for down stairs). Not sure how you’ll reach the top and bottom of properly built stairs. Guess you’ll have to use a ramp.
Up/Down stairs…those exist unless they were removed from the game

Stairs actually behave like escalators and force dwarves in the respective direction. Up/Down stairs flip a coin to decide which way they go.
When any creature tries to use stairs, the stairs will move in their respective direction, without the creature, and overwrite any tile in the corresponding direction except for other stairs.
I momentarily forgot which thread this was and thought you two were trying to teach how stairs worked…

Trees have a chance of dropping their fruits, injuring creatures under said trees in the process

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: July 27, 2021, 06:19:37 pm »

Stairs are one-way, so dwarves can only go up an up stair, never down, like an escalator (and the opposite limitation for down stairs). Not sure how you’ll reach the top and bottom of properly built stairs. Guess you’ll have to use a ramp.
Up/Down stairs…those exist unless they were removed from the game

Stairs actually behave like escalators and force dwarves in the respective direction. Up/Down stairs flip a coin to decide which way they go.
When any creature tries to use stairs, the stairs will move in their respective direction, without the creature, and overwrite any tile in the corresponding direction except for other stairs.
I momentarily forgot which thread this was and thought you two were trying to teach how stairs worked…

Trees have a chance of dropping their fruits, injuring creatures under said trees in the process

IIRC, that actually happened with tree products (logs, fruit, etc.) during the testing of the release that added multi-tile trees and Toady One had to change it so they just teleported to the ground.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: July 27, 2021, 06:54:15 pm »

I kind of want to see the buggy version brought back TBH. It would be occasionally frustrating but points for realism.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: July 28, 2021, 02:24:37 am »

Anvils and other heavy objects should rarely fall from the sky every now and then especially when dwarves are outside, these are 'gifts' from the keas that pass over your fortress.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: July 28, 2021, 03:25:45 am »

They should most frequently fall on dwarves sent to attack flightless birds.

Niels

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: July 28, 2021, 04:20:55 am »

A fully implemented sounds system as indepth as the game itself is, based upon 1-bit technology only.

Optional: a banner with Braille sound translation in the bottom of the screen for blind players.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: July 28, 2021, 12:57:14 pm »

If the coin lands on its edge, Urist takes an unwanted detour through... The Twilight Zone!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: July 28, 2021, 06:49:25 pm »

All birds (not just keas) should drop “presents” consisting of FILTH_1 and/or FILTH_2 and/or FILTH_3.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: July 28, 2021, 07:07:52 pm »

There should be multiple different ways of "profaning" a temple which should be mentioned by name in Legends mode. A few of these include bodily excretion onto holy relics and/or mooning statues of deities (the latter is where most werebeast curses come from, if you moon a god they'll moon you right back).
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: July 29, 2021, 03:18:00 am »

If your adventure is an atheist and enters a temple there's a 50% chance they'll burst into flames upon entering.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Atarlost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: July 29, 2021, 01:07:59 pm »

If your adventure is an atheist and enters a temple there's a 50% chance they'll burst into flames upon entering.

If your adventurer follows a god and enters the temple of another god there's a chance based on the relationship between the two gods that they will burst into flames upon entering. 

This also happens to sapient creatures in fortress mode. 

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: July 29, 2021, 01:24:27 pm »

To prevent the player from accidentally pressing the wrong key the game should ask confirmation after each keystroke if the pressed key was the intended one.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: July 29, 2021, 01:43:53 pm »

Are you sure you meant to press "Y" [Y/N]: Y
Are you sure you meant to press "Y" [Y/N]: N
Are you sure you meant to press "N" [Y/N]: N
Are you sure you meant to press "N" [Y/N]: Y
Are you sure you meant to press "Y" [Y/N]: _

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: July 29, 2021, 04:05:07 pm »

Are you sure you meant to press "Y" [Y/N]: N
Are you sure you meant to press "N" [Y/N]: N
Are you sure you meant to press "N" [Y/N]: Y
Are you sure you meant to press "Y" [Y/N]: _

Only after 10 Y confermactions after your key press, will the game continue
If you type N during the check, a random key will be pressed instead of your desired key. This can include keys not part of the game, such as function keys, home key, etc.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: July 29, 2021, 05:20:07 pm »

When dwarves complain to the mayor, they'll use your OS's built in text to speech to make sure you notice.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 399