Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 399

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 486301 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #3495 on: July 31, 2021, 02:19:16 pm »

Dwarves should be able to make various kinds of buttons and other fabric fasteners and use them to decorate various items.  In particular, egg-layers should refuse to use nest boxes unless they are decorated with elongated buttons that are connected to the nest box with a bit of slack.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: August 01, 2021, 04:48:45 am »

When the magic update comes out some wizards should have spells that can destroy not just the game world but also your computer, and they should do this by deleting all system files, and every wizard should be capable of doing it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: August 01, 2021, 09:57:26 am »

When the magic update comes out some wizards should have spells that can destroy not just the game world but also your computer, and they should do this by deleting all system files, except themselves and every wizard should be capable of doing it.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: August 01, 2021, 10:20:28 am »

When the magic update comes out some wizards should have spells that can destroy not just the game world but also your computer, and they should do this by deleting all system files, and every wizard should be capable of doing it.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: August 01, 2021, 04:23:34 pm »

When the magic update comes out some wizards should have spells that can destroy not just the game world but also ours, and they should do this by controlling magma, and every wizard should be capable of doing it.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: August 01, 2021, 04:52:10 pm »

Volcano mages. Only those who worship Armok would be spared

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: August 01, 2021, 04:55:10 pm »

When the magic update comes out... were you thinking of the three of hearts?
The king of spades?
The jack of clubs?
The ace of diamonds?
The three of cups?
Mister Bun the baker?
Delver of secrets?
"Turns out that ________-Man was neither the hero we needed nor wanted"?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: August 01, 2021, 05:11:07 pm »

Add a new type of vampire curse that makes the recipient sparkle and begin waxing quasi-poetic angst about their tortured existence while obsessively stalking a specific mortal humanoid through the rest of worldgen (that mortal will, as an extension of the curse, become irrationally attracted to the vampire and lose nearly all basic self-preservation instincts and common sense).

These new variant vampires are also super racist towards werebeasts for some reason.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 05:18:19 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: August 02, 2021, 03:29:56 am »

Add a new type of vampire curse that makes the recipient sparkle and begin waxing quasi-poetic angst about their tortured existence while obsessively stalking a specific mortal humanoid through the rest of worldgen (that mortal will, as an extension of the curse, become irrationally attracted to the vampire and lose nearly all basic self-preservation instincts and common sense).

These new variant vampires are also super racist towards werebeasts for some reason.
If there is ever a book written about this type of vampire, everyone should become obsessed with it and it should cause several sequels to be created, people to write loads of fan fiction, and for people to seek to become that type of vampire.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: August 02, 2021, 03:51:46 am »

This is an olivine-bound codex. Written on the item is a 700-page novel entitled "Breaking Dawn". The work has no particular subject. The writing indulges the author's every whim. Overall, the prose is amateurish at best.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 03:55:42 am by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3505 on: August 02, 2021, 06:47:07 am »

The reading mechanics in Fortress Mode should be synchronised with Adventurer Mode, in that dwarves without at least Novice reader skill are illiterate and cannot read at all. The reader skill gets trained as before: by reading. Which illiterates cannot do.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: August 04, 2021, 02:32:35 am »

The reading mechanics in Fortress Mode should be synchronised with Adventurer Mode, in that dwarves without at least Novice reader skill are illiterate and cannot read at all. The reader skill gets trained as before: by reading. Which illiterates cannot do.

The issue is later fixed by allowing reading demonstrations at guild halls. To keep things challenging, you can no longer spend points on reading or have creatures learn it in world gen without being taught by someone else.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: August 04, 2021, 06:09:51 am »

Dwarves should be able to simulate instruments by farting like Le Pétomane. This uses a new skill called 'flatulist'.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: August 04, 2021, 06:42:53 am »

There should be a separate guild hall for every skill and a separate one for every skill level, and people from one skill level shouldn't be allowed into the hall of skill or skill level different of their own, meaning a dabbling fish cleaner can't enter the master fish cleaner's hall or the master brewer's hall.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #3509 on: August 04, 2021, 07:47:56 am »

The reader's guild hall conducts scholarly discussion on the vampire book. Nobody gains any benefits from this, but it has a small chance of resulting in a brawl.
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 399