Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 399

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 486246 times)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #4170 on: February 05, 2022, 08:30:40 am »

THIS IS WHAT WE GET FOR MENTIONING MAKING HATS OUT OF NUT SACKS!

By Armok's geldables, what have we done...

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #4171 on: February 05, 2022, 09:52:39 am »

Geldables function as actual bodyparts and are thus vulnerable to wrestlers.  Would this be called gouging or pinching?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: February 05, 2022, 04:36:17 pm »

Would this be called gouging or pinching?

Could be biting, too.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: February 05, 2022, 07:06:27 pm »

why are you cowards using the word geldable
They're literally called that in the raws.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: February 06, 2022, 12:16:58 am »

As a tag, not as a body part. It's a description rather than a name.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: February 06, 2022, 01:57:21 am »

What if we just add the geldable parts as body parts so we can wrestle and chop them off?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: February 06, 2022, 03:13:09 am »

Bear in mind (assuming you've heard of this*) that this is so close to an actual terrible mod, not just suggestion. So terrible, the account of what happened when it was modded into the game got, in turn, Modded out of the boards by Tarn. As did the Account involved.

* - and if you haven't, I'm unfortunately not keen on expanding on it...

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: February 06, 2022, 03:49:23 am »

As a tag, not as a body part. It's a description rather than a name.
No it calls them that as a noun too if it happens in combat.
"the geldables have been torn away"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: February 06, 2022, 04:34:08 am »

Bear in mind (assuming you've heard of this*) that this is so close to an actual terrible mod, not just suggestion. So terrible, the account of what happened when it was modded into the game got, in turn, Modded out of the boards by Tarn. As did the Account involved.

* - and if you haven't, I'm unfortunately not keen on expanding on it...
I have heard of the mod, it's creator, and the horrible things it could be used for.

Let us speak of it no more.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: February 06, 2022, 05:08:39 am »

What if we just add the geldable parts as body parts so we can wrestle and chop them off?

Sure, but lets not leave the members of the "fairer" sex out of the traumatic genital injury parade then, shall we? I mean, in real life, women don't fight in wars and thus don't end up on the battlefield, but realistically, how hard would it be to cause irreparable damage to the female reproductive organs? A single well-placed bullet, bolt, arrow or dagger should have no trouble severing a fallopian tube(oviduct) or eviscerating an ovary. Sure it takes a bit more anatomical knowledge to aim specifically for it, but how frequently does one aim for their opponent's genitals anyway? Most such injuries tend to be lucky strikes anyway, so they're about just as likely to occur against a female as a male.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: February 06, 2022, 05:19:16 am »

Dwarf Fortress now comes with its own line of action figures and "Dwarf Fortress Lite", a Tamagotchi rip-off where you have to take care of your pet dwarf.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: February 06, 2022, 05:50:49 am »

Dwarf Fortress now comes with its own line of action figures and "Dwarf Fortress Lite", a Tamagotchi rip-off where you have to take care of your pet dwarf.
Dwarf Fortress isn't marketable enough, therefore, adjustments should be made at to bring DF in line with a PG-3 rating. That means kiddifying violence, removing alcohol, blood, vomit and so on and so forth.

But in all seriousness, the thought does make me slightly worried about Kitfox and what NDA'd demands they might be making of Toady. I mean, how the hell are they gonna sell the aforementioned traumatic genital injuries as a feature? Maybe they're just hoping it flies under the radar or that the sanitized language used in regards to the situation renders it mild enough, which lets be honest, it does if one doesn't think too deeply about it. Or maybe they just think its funny when men get their bits lopped off, i wouldn't put it past them.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: February 06, 2022, 07:42:46 am »

Honestly, I think they won't care, there's far gorier stuff on Steam than tiny sprites making each other turn red with accompanying euphemistic language.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #4184 on: February 06, 2022, 09:23:10 am »

Procedurally generated screaming
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 399