Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 112257 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #375 on: July 15, 2019, 04:20:15 pm »

Maybe we need to find non puppet creatures to have Piecewise test things. What if we find an animal we haven’t killed yet, and asked Peicewise to kill it? This way we can figure out how he does vs living targets before putting him against the patrol

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 15, 2019, 05:10:46 pm »

Maybe we need to find non puppet creatures to have Piecewise test things. What if we find an animal we haven’t killed yet, and asked Peicewise to kill it? This way we can figure out how he does vs living targets before putting him against the patrol

Yeah, otherwise he's just going for cores, and said patrol won't have them.

Acquire 3 live chickens. Go into a room Mary cannot see. Order piecewise to kill the first as quickly as possible, the second as quietly as possible, and the third spilling as little blood as possible.

The second two test cases in case we need to unobtrusively kill someone.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 15, 2019, 05:36:09 pm »

Yeah, otherwise he's just going for cores, and said patrol won't have them.

Acquire 3 live chickens. Go into a room Mary cannot see. Order piecewise to kill the first as quickly as possible, the second as quietly as possible, and the third spilling as little blood as possible.

The second two test cases in case we need to unobtrusively kill someone.
+1

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 15, 2019, 05:57:12 pm »

Honestly I think we've tested him enough on chickens, if we want to test him further we need to give him the same instructions but for an enemy combatant of some kind. He's going to break a chicken's neck, break a chicken's neck, and then break a chicken's neck. Only drawback to him is he seems sort of ponderous in locomotion, and (most likely, though this isn't certain) only as durable as regular human bones.

We know that he basically considers the most efficient way to carry out any instructions we give him, and then does so with frankly inhuman (machine-like, even) levels of precision. He'll probably just saunter up and Kali-Ma whichever poor bastard we point him at, or something similar.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #379 on: July 15, 2019, 05:59:25 pm »

Humans have cores. They have more cores than undead do. One stab through the brain and they're gone. One stab through the heart and they'll be dead in seconds. One stab through the throat or two stabs through the lungs and they'll quietly die in a short while. Perhaps we should stop this ultra specific testing before it gets ridiculous.

Get some clothes, enough to make Piecewise look like a human. Also try to make it thick to provide defense against blunt force trauma, unless doing so would significantly hinder his speed. Finally, ask Bruce to borrow a pan or some spare piece of metal and tie it around Piecewise's core and something long and sharp that can be used as a rapier. (Maybe some sort of sharp pick he uses for sculpting details?) Hopefully they should be enough to help bypass any armor, but I'm guessing a lovely patrol won't be armored like a SWAT unit so they'll have at least some unarmored parts.

The second part of the plan is to get Esme to grant us knowledge from one of her books (probably a medical or swordfighting one) with the goal of learning the human body's weak points. It won't make us an expert fighter but it should hopefully let us better direct Piecewise's attacks, which should be our primary objective. That way he can kill more quickly, more quietly and have more options about bypassing armor.

Finally, ask Esme what would warrant a response from a patrol. An anonymous tip about suspicious activity? Anti-government graffiti? Calling them and taunting them? We want our enemies to be weak and few, so we can't do something very serious. But we would also like to not involve innocent cops that are just doing their job, so we might want to do something that would involve the military. Unless doing so would be very hard or there's no meaningful distinction between cops and military.

With all that done, we can find an abandoned location and start planning our attack. Maybe there's an empty lot or abandoned construction site or factory around here?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 15, 2019, 06:10:28 pm »

+1 to the above, we can find a location for planning attacks, we can read a book about martial combat (piecewise draws on our own knowledge), and plan said attack with Esme and whoever else she usually does these sorts of things with. She did make it sound like there was a bit more organization going on than just her and Brucey.

For my opinion, I think keeping Piecewise in the suitcase is wisest. Deploy as needed. You can put a hat and a scarf on him but he's totally gonna look like a skeleton in clothes no matter what we do. But that's just me.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 07:33:07 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 15, 2019, 06:25:50 pm »

Humans have cores. They have more cores than undead do. One stab through the brain and they're gone. One stab through the heart and they'll be dead in seconds. One stab through the throat or two stabs through the lungs and they'll quietly die in a short while. Perhaps we should stop this ultra specific testing before it gets ridiculous.

Get some clothes, enough to make Piecewise look like a human. Also try to make it thick to provide defense against blunt force trauma, unless doing so would significantly hinder his speed. Finally, ask Bruce to borrow a pan or some spare piece of metal and tie it around Piecewise's core and something long and sharp that can be used as a rapier. (Maybe some sort of sharp pick he uses for sculpting details?) Hopefully they should be enough to help bypass any armor, but I'm guessing a lovely patrol won't be armored like a SWAT unit so they'll have at least some unarmored parts.

The second part of the plan is to get Esme to grant us knowledge from one of her books (probably a medical or swordfighting one) with the goal of learning the human body's weak points. It won't make us an expert fighter but it should hopefully let us better direct Piecewise's attacks, which should be our primary objective. That way he can kill more quickly, more quietly and have more options about bypassing armor.

Finally, ask Esme what would warrant a response from a patrol. An anonymous tip about suspicious activity? Anti-government graffiti? Calling them and taunting them? We want our enemies to be weak and few, so we can't do something very serious. But we would also like to not involve innocent cops that are just doing their job, so we might want to do something that would involve the military. Unless doing so would be very hard or there's no meaningful distinction between cops and military.

With all that done, we can find an abandoned location and start planning our attack. Maybe there's an empty lot or abandoned construction site or factory around here?
+1. Cancelling previous vote

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 15, 2019, 09:12:39 pm »

*snip*
+1 to all of this. We've learned beyond any shadow of a doubt that Piecewise is quite capable of straight-up slaughtering an enemy if need be. It's possible that he has some kind of mental block set preventing from doing so-- you never know-- but we can't find that out until we actually go out to kill somebody, so I figure we're good to go. It's time for a plan, and Paris' is a solid one.

+1 to the above, we can find a location for planning attacks, we can read a book about martial combat (piecewise draws on our own knowledge), and plan said attack with Esme and whoever else she usually does these sorts of things with. She did make it sound like there was a bit more organization going on than just her and Brucey.
+1 to this--

For my opinion, I think keeping Piecewise in the suitcase is wisest. Deploy as needed. You can put a hat and a scarf on him but he's totally gonna look like a skeleton in clothes no matter what we do. But that's just me.
--not to this. We can't properly equip Piecewise if we're toting him around in a suitcase all the time, and I figger we should be able to clothe him thoroughly enough to keep him under the radar.

Look for nice long baggy stuff, trenchcoats and whatnot; we want to hide Piecewises' bony nature, and any armor he might be wearing. Get him a balaclava or something too, so's to keep the skull well hidden. (Can Piecewise see through blindfolds? Check, and wrap his skull up completely if he can.)

For armor: A frying pan sounds clunky; use one if necessary but keep an eye open for better options. A helmet of some kind would be good, if a low-profile one can be found. Anything we equip Piecewise with must be low-profile enough to hide under his clothing.

For weaponry: Have Piecewise keep that knife. Additionally, try to find him something useable as a cosh or sap; Piecewise might need a blunt weapon at some point. Make sure he can hide both objects within his clothing.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 15, 2019, 09:51:08 pm »

Look for nice long baggy stuff, trenchcoats and whatnot; we want to hide Piecewises' bony nature, and any armor he might be wearing. Get him a balaclava or something too, so's to keep the skull well hidden. (Can Piecewise see through blindfolds? Check, and wrap his skull up completely if he can.)

For armor: A frying pan sounds clunky; use one if necessary but keep an eye open for better options. A helmet of some kind would be good, if a low-profile one can be found. Anything we equip Piecewise with must be low-profile enough to hide under his clothing.

For weaponry: Have Piecewise keep that knife. Additionally, try to find him something useable as a cosh or sap; Piecewise might need a blunt weapon at some point. Make sure he can hide both objects within his clothing.
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 15, 2019, 09:52:41 pm »

Aren't skeletal fists blunt weapons in themselves?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 15, 2019, 09:55:56 pm »

Probably, but he might still need protection, plus stabbing kills quicker when applied to the right areas. Stabbing causes bleeding, so it would be good to keep the knife

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 15, 2019, 10:14:53 pm »

Aren't skeletal fists blunt weapons in themselves?

Y-e-es, but I suspect Piecewise is quite capable of punching something hard enough to break his own fingers. It's best he have something a little sturdier, so's he can fully unleash his true skeletal might.

I've no idea if Piecewise will actually see fit to use his cosh; he might deem some other means of death-dealing more efficient. I'd like him to have the option, though.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 15, 2019, 11:42:14 pm »

+1

+1.
I remove my previously stated action from the running.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 16, 2019, 06:00:37 am »

+1

+1.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 16, 2019, 01:02:46 pm »

+1

+1.
+1

+1 I am eager to see how our low-profile heavily trench coated skeleton man in a balaclava goes in this heavily monitored police state.

+1 again.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 94