Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 112266 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #600 on: October 01, 2019, 07:06:51 am »

Put a mouse spirit in the same skeleton as the crab. Maybe the crab will eat it and grow stronger.
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #601 on: October 02, 2019, 10:39:21 am »

Put a mouse spirit in the same skeleton as the crab. Maybe the crab will eat it and grow stronger.
+1
+1
You take the spirit from the mouse and place it into the skeleton with the crab spirit. As you watch the two spirits seem to grow indistinct and overlap before solidifying into something different and singular. The combined spirit still mostly resembles the crab but slightly changed. Not more fish like just a bit larger and different.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 02, 2019, 03:02:58 pm »

+1
+1
You take the spirit from the mouse and place it into the skeleton with the crab spirit. As you watch the two spirits seem to grow indistinct and overlap before solidifying into something different and singular. The combined spirit still mostly resembles the crab but slightly changed. Not more fish like just a bit larger and different.

Oh geez we can meld spirits.

Ask Esme immediately if this is normal.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 02, 2019, 03:12:17 pm »

Eh, let's allow Esme some rest before we start badgering her about such things. We're hyper right now off of her mana, recall.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 02, 2019, 04:01:47 pm »

Eh, let's allow Esme some rest before we start badgering her about such things. We're hyper right now off of her mana, recall.

A valid point. I forgot she was resting lol.

I amend to "Ask Esme at the next convenient opportunity".
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #605 on: October 03, 2019, 05:06:53 am »

Let's experiment with the flexibility of undead. For example, what happens if we try to stick a piece of cloth between a skeleton's lower and upper arm bones? Can we pull a bone off a skeleton and then reattach it (perhaps with the use of some of our Mana)?

Another experiment I'd like to try is how much we can use our power offensively or defensively How quickly can we reanimate something? Could we, for example, reanimate a door to force it to unlock or force it close and remain closed? What about reanimating a card so we can more easily throw it to our target? What about reanimating someone's shoelaces to make them get tied up and cause that someone to trip? What about making something hover between us and our target? Or maybe instead of hovering we can make invisible magical legs for it, like how skeletons have invisible magical joints.

Finally, it's a bit morbid, but I'd like to try finding a living thing and reanimating part of its body or sticking a spirit in it while it's still alive. Maybe it heals them. Maybe it gives them power. Maybe they end up possessed. Maybe we just can't do that. Whatever the case, it would be useful to know.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 05:08:49 am by Parisbre56 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 03, 2019, 05:44:22 am »

Let's experiment with the flexibility of undead. For example, what happens if we try to stick a piece of cloth between a skeleton's lower and upper arm bones? Can we pull a bone off a skeleton and then reattach it (perhaps with the use of some of our Mana)?

Another experiment I'd like to try is how much we can use our power offensively or defensively How quickly can we reanimate something? Could we, for example, reanimate a door to force it to unlock or force it close and remain closed? What about reanimating a card so we can more easily throw it to our target? What about reanimating someone's shoelaces to make them get tied up and cause that someone to trip? What about making something hover between us and our target? Or maybe instead of hovering we can make invisible magical legs for it, like how skeletons have invisible magical joints.

Finally, it's a bit morbid, but I'd like to try finding a living thing and reanimating part of its body or sticking a spirit in it while it's still alive. Maybe it heals them. Maybe it gives them power. Maybe they end up possessed. Maybe we just can't do that. Whatever the case, it would be useful to know.

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 03, 2019, 08:11:01 am »

+1
+1, though we already know non corpses such as shoelaces and doors are much more tiring to reanimate than corpses. The one about putting the spirit in something still alive sounds good though, we are not using Esme though, let’s find a different living thing for it first

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 03, 2019, 06:31:55 pm »

+1
+1, though we already know non corpses such as shoelaces and doors are much more tiring to reanimate than corpses. The one about putting the spirit in something still alive sounds good though, we are not using Esme though, let’s find a different living thing for it first

Definitely not Esme. Or Bruce or Mary. Basically no humans, preferably not even government ones (at least for our initial testing)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 03, 2019, 07:11:28 pm »

We could always try smushing phantoms into parts of ourself. Find a phantom with really good aim and stick it in our arm or something.
Or maybe graft octopus limbs to ourself and then put thinky phantoms in there to enhance our intellect and give us fresh ideas? Could become a real monster if we wanted to, I think.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 03, 2019, 07:12:19 pm »

+1

Definitely not Esme. Or Bruce or Mary. Basically no humans, preferably not even government ones (at least for our initial testing)
Agreed, no humans yet. Let’s use a rabbit

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 04, 2019, 12:43:43 pm »

We could always try smushing phantoms into parts of ourself. Find a phantom with really good aim and stick it in our arm or something.
Or maybe graft octopus limbs to ourself and then put thinky phantoms in there to enhance our intellect and give us fresh ideas? Could become a real monster if we wanted to, I think.

Ok that's really, really cool and also suuuuper dangerous until we know more about the mechanics that govern our existence.

Totally support this once we know our arm isn't going to sprout lethal claws and also gain sentience or some such.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 04, 2019, 12:46:28 pm »

Ok that's really, really cool and also suuuuper dangerous until we know more about the mechanics that govern our existence.

Totally support this once we know our arm isn't going to sprout lethal claws and also gain sentience or some such.

DERM OCTOPUS ARM CONFIRMED

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 04, 2019, 12:49:28 pm »

DERM OCTOPUS ARM CONFIRMED
Lets wait on this until we know what phantoms will do to living bodies

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #614 on: October 04, 2019, 01:01:56 pm »

Well, if we're in a combat situation, we could tie an animate arm on the back of our shirt, give it a gun and tell it to shoot people who aren't us. But then you have to make sure it doesn't accidentally shoot us or sometime we care about. But if things we puppet have part of ourselves in them, maybe it will be smart enough to know? Maybe we can try with something harmless, like a flashlight

Hmm... We should call it "Gun Angel".
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 94