Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 112289 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #630 on: October 10, 2019, 12:16:35 pm »

He might just give us a yes/no answer to that question, so...

"Piecewise, is anything unusual going on; if so, lead me to it."

Remember, he can only answer questions about stuff we've seen personally.
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 11, 2019, 04:58:56 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #632 on: October 12, 2019, 10:39:57 am »

+1
+1
Piecewise doesn't move away, but instead raises his hands and knits his fingers together in what seems like an unconscious gesture of contemplation.  After a moment he speaks two words in his harsh, barely audible, whisper of a voice.

"Be Careful."

His arms drop back to his sides, limp, and he straightens up. You immediately ask him what he means and to explain but he doesn't respond. You try different tactics to try and get an answer from him but he doesn't respond to any of them the way you want. He doesn't even seem to have a memory of the words, other than the one he can replay from you.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 12, 2019, 10:47:06 am »

YES
Yes yes yes YES
Sapience! Pure, unadulterated sapience!
Ahhahahaha

...Granted, probably not the sapience of Piecewise as we know him. I suspect our skeleton friend just got hijacked somehow.
Still, we learned something new. Piecewise can talk! (Maybe!)

Let's find out whether he'll talk if ordered. Ask Piecewise to speak his name.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 12, 2019, 10:50:21 am »

"....O-O"

+1 to trying to get Piecewise to speak more. But I bet you a dollar he's going to say his name is piecewise.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 12, 2019, 10:52:42 am »

Oh, I expect him to. I'm not really looking to determine the identity of the (presumed) hijacker... I just want to know whether Piecewise will talk at all, now the mystery-voice isn't here anymore.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 12, 2019, 10:53:43 am »

Maybe we should look outside, see if anyone came to the building?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 12, 2019, 10:53:49 am »

"....O-O"

+1 to trying to get Piecewise to speak more. But I bet you a dollar he's going to say his name is piecewise.

+1. Hey, have we asked him to lead us to information about who (originally) made him? Do that.

Maybe we should look outside, see if anyone came to the building?

+1.

Hmm. I wonder whose skeleton piecewise was, before their unfortunate death?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 12, 2019, 10:56:44 am »

So every so often Esme slips that she knew more about Alexander and his goals than she let on initially.

I would not blame her for keeping things a bit close to the vest from the sudden appearance of an undead clone with amnesia, and I recommend we still trust her at this juncture, but maybe we should be more.... I don't know, critically observant?

Also hey wait, her and the caretaker guy seem like they've been close for a while. Maybe he knows more about the relationship between Esme and Alexander?
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 12, 2019, 11:00:55 am »

So every so often Esme slips that she knew more about Alexander and his goals than she let on initially.

I would not blame her for keeping things a bit close to the vest from the sudden appearance of an undead clone with amnesia, and I recommend we still trust her at this juncture, but maybe we should be more.... I don't know, critically observant?

Also hey wait, her and the caretaker guy seem like they've been close for a while. Maybe he knows more about the relationship between Esme and Alexander?
Maybe +1 to asking Bryan/Brian/Byron

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 12, 2019, 11:02:41 am »

Can we resuscitate people - not just to an undead state, but true resuscitation? If so, it opens up a new information-gathering tactic: kill the person some way that doesn't do much damage, examine the memories we take from them, put their memories back minus those of us kidnapping and killing them, return them to their previous location, resuscitate them there. Works well for important people who would be missed if we killed them permanently.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 12, 2019, 11:05:12 am »

Can we resuscitate people - not just to an undead state, but true resuscitation? If so, it opens up a new information-gathering tactic: kill the person some way that doesn't do much damage, examine the memories we take from them, put their memories back minus those of us kidnapping and killing them, return them to their previous location, resuscitate them there. We could even do this to our allies, so long as other allies don't know and we don't damage them.

So plan it out to kill them in a medical sense, extract some info, and revive them?

That's like... basically a Vulcan mind meld. You could probably do it to allies who agree in a case where they can't remember specific details. Probably exceedingly difficult to pull off but it sounds mechanically possible.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 12, 2019, 11:06:12 am »

Can we resuscitate people - not just to an undead state, but true resuscitation? If so, it opens up a new information-gathering tactic: kill the person some way that doesn't do much damage, examine the memories we take from them, put their memories back minus those of us kidnapping and killing them, return them to their previous location, resuscitate them there. Works well for important people who would be missed if we killed them permanently.
We would need to find someone willing to test this, that would be difficult

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 12, 2019, 11:12:40 am »

Not necessarily. We could find another patrol and keep one member alive, take him to the warehouse, then test this (removing memories of us killing the patrol as well.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 12, 2019, 11:21:27 am »

Not necessarily. We could find another patrol and keep one member alive, take him to the warehouse, then test this (removing memories of us killing the patrol as well.)
Yes
+1
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 94