Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 111705 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #660 on: October 14, 2019, 09:54:21 am »

So every so often Esme slips that she knew more about Alexander and his goals than she let on initially.

I would not blame her for keeping things a bit close to the vest from the sudden appearance of an undead clone with amnesia, and I recommend we still trust her at this juncture, but maybe we should be more.... I don't know, critically observant?

Also hey wait, her and the caretaker guy seem like they've been close for a while. Maybe he knows more about the relationship between Esme and Alexander?
Maybe +1 to asking Bryan/Brian/Byron
Nicholas. Old Nick, if you want a method to remember him by.

Also, we've already tested Piecewise. He can talk but he just repeats things or says things we know.
Yes. He told us to be careful, so maybe we should check outside to see if anyone is nearby
+1
From what I can see there are a lot of actions here, but they all generally just have a single +1, and generally those +1's are all from naturegirl. I'm choosing this one because its the one that is the most simple to do right now. We'll go from there.

You get up and check the window first, peering out through the wooden shutters. There are people on the street, that's for sure, but that's not surprising considering the time. There aren't any black jacketed spies looking at the library through binoculars or armored soldiers sneaking in round the back, nothing that stands out as an obvious threat. You walk back down stairs and, not seeing Esme, instead talk to Nicholas, who is still at his post by the door. You ask him if anything has happened, if anyone has come looking for you or something of the kind.  He, in very few words and a few gestures, indicates that things have been quiet. You go back upstairs and check on the new skeletons, The one with the larger crab like spirit has moved from where you put him and is now standing at one of the room's windows, staring out. You come up to his side and look out as well, trying to see what he's staring at. However, he doesn't seem to be staring at anything in particular, just looking out the window like an animal might idly stare out.  You order him back to his position on a table and he obeys without issue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 14, 2019, 10:49:40 am »

Hmm. How should we feed our new pets? Will they whine at us if they get hungry or just start hunting?

Try to find an interesting book to read. Not for research or anything, just try to find a book it seems we would enjoy.

Maybe, consider the options. We are not required to live our life around fighting or looking for answers. If we wanted to, we could leave this behind, find something different to do with our unlife. We were built to do necromancy, set to find Esme, but we have the freedom to choose. So:
What do we want?
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 14, 2019, 02:49:23 pm »

Not to disregard Egan's post, it's an excellent post, go read it, but: "not seeing Esme"? Hmm. Is Esme normally up at this time?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 14, 2019, 06:22:18 pm »

Hmm. How should we feed our new pets? Will they whine at us if they get hungry or just start hunting?

Try to find an interesting book to read. Not for research or anything, just try to find a book it seems we would enjoy.

Maybe, consider the options. We are not required to live our life around fighting or looking for answers. If we wanted to, we could leave this behind, find something different to do with our unlife. We were built to do necromancy, set to find Esme, but we have the freedom to choose. So:
What do we want?
+1 to book finding, we can give our phantoms the memories from said books. We should probably make sure Esme’s ok, at least, before we leave for good. I want to help

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 14, 2019, 06:32:03 pm »

+1 to finding Esme.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 15, 2019, 01:39:40 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #667 on: October 16, 2019, 09:56:54 am »

+1 to finding Esme.
+1
+1
You consider searching the library for an interesting book but then also consider that you haven't seen Esme. You decide that you can get a book after you find her. Considering the warning you just got and the fact that she's effectively been your lifeline here, you feel a slight urgency to make sure she's ok. You ask Nicholas but he says she hasn't left the building and that he hasn't seen her. You check upstairs. She's not in her room or the kitchen. You head downstairs and after a bit of wandering find her in the records section, right where she was when you first came here.

"Familiar scene, isn't it?" She says, this time just glancing at you before continuing with her work.  She's wearing similar clothing to the first time as well, not her commando gear. Looks to all the world like a normal librarian.  You suppose that, despite this being a cover, the library still needs tending to. Though...you've never seen a customer.

You tell her about Piecewise's message and she stops working, resting her elbow on a filing cabinet.

"This and that book. There's definitely something going on here. I think we can assume that whatever the influence on that skeleton is, its at least friendly to you. Still, I've never heard of anything like this before: as far as I know undead can only be animated and controlled by one person, you can't double up. Maybe they're only able to do it when you're asleep?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #668 on: October 18, 2019, 08:55:53 am »

OI!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 18, 2019, 08:59:53 am »

Search for a book about phantoms

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #670 on: October 18, 2019, 12:55:07 pm »

Go purchase something living and experiment with extracting memories from it without killing it. Also try reanimating it or putting a ghost in it without killing it to see what happens.

See if a skeleton can understand another skeleton is linked with us and if they can see the energy linking it to us. See if they can see point towards the source of the link. If it works, then from now on, we will use a skeleton other than Piecewise as a lookout while we sleep by ordering them to point at the direction the energy controlling Piecewise is coming from, if it comes from a direction other than ourselves. Maybe it will give us a clue.

Also, order ourselves to point at the energy controlling us. Maybe we don't know it consciously, but our undead body does.

Other than that, ask Esme if she needs anything from us to prepare our covert insertion into the secret research lab.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 18, 2019, 01:02:02 pm »

Go purchase something living and experiment with extracting memories from it without killing it. Also try reanimating it or putting a ghost in it without killing it to see what happens.

See if a skeleton can understand another skeleton is linked with us and if they can see the energy linking it to us. See if they can see point towards the source of the link. If it works, then from now on, we will use a skeleton other than Piecewise as a lookout while we sleep by ordering them to point at the direction the energy controlling Piecewise is coming from, if it comes from a direction other than ourselves. Maybe it will give us a clue.

Also, order ourselves to point at the energy controlling us. Maybe we don't know it consciously, but our undead body does.

Other than that, ask Esme if she needs anything from us to prepare our covert insertion into the secret research lab.

+1 Much more useful than my idea

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 18, 2019, 01:05:56 pm »

Yeah I think our immediate goal is that lab and more info about ourselves.

Weren't we going to like, send some animal spies in after our nap?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 18, 2019, 01:16:24 pm »

Yes

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 18, 2019, 02:26:41 pm »

+1 Much more useful than my idea

+1

I forget what the original link to the lab was. How did we find out about it, and how is Kelley connected to it?

Also, we should ask Esme if there are people - good and bad - still living who could recognize that we look like Kelley. Other than her.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 94