Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 112260 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #735 on: November 06, 2019, 04:56:53 am »

I disagree. We can kill things and eat their brainz memories to recover our power and feed our minions. So really, the only limit is that we can't be an evil lich, hiding in our tower, commanding self-replicating hordes of undead, we actually have to be near the front lines. Hmmm... Unless...

Command a skeleton to kill one of those test animals we purchased and then eat its memories. Then try to extract said memories from the skeleton or have the skeleton regurgitate them or something. Is such second-hand feeding possible?

If that works, then the next step is investigating phantom reproduction to see if we can split an overfed phantom into two and have one go to a reanimated corpse. That would probably require special "Commander" zombies that have necromancy rings.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 06, 2019, 01:32:55 pm »

I disagree. We can kill things and eat their brainz memories to recover our power and feed our minions. So really, the only limit is that we can't be an evil lich, hiding in our tower, commanding self-replicating hordes of undead, we actually have to be near the front lines. Hmmm... Unless...

Command a skeleton to kill one of those test animals we purchased and then eat its memories. Then try to extract said memories from the skeleton or have the skeleton regurgitate them or something. Is such second-hand feeding possible?

If that works, then the next step is investigating phantom reproduction to see if we can split an overfed phantom into two and have one go to a reanimated corpse. That would probably require special "Commander" zombies that have necromancy rings.
+1
+1

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 06, 2019, 01:49:19 pm »

special "Commander" zombies that have necromancy rings
that's what we are
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 06, 2019, 01:53:27 pm »

special "Commander" zombies that have necromancy rings
that's what we are
True statement. So if we can control our actions, then commander rings give the ability to control actions. If our commander is still able to command us or not is still a valid question. So far we haven’t done anything to make whoever is commanding us cancel an action, so we don’t know if we can cancel an unwanted action or not

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 06, 2019, 02:17:59 pm »

Are we going full-on lich overlord and dominating the earth, now?

Not that I'm against that, but aren't we just trying to sneak into this lab place?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: November 06, 2019, 02:42:53 pm »

I mean, I say that we sneak off and spend our unlife farming corn using skeleton labor but to each their own!
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 06, 2019, 02:54:21 pm »

Oh my god can we turn this into a corn magnate game?

Let's steal as much valuables as we can and then use our money to buy a large arable tract of land and begin. Hell we should do that anyway and then just leave the skeletons there to run the entire place by itself. Come back every few chapters, see how they are doing. Let the skeletons spread a bit of corn around to trap birds for memories.

Cornwise, the Maize Domination Game.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #742 on: November 07, 2019, 09:16:20 am »

+1
+1

After a few tests the end result is this:

1. Once absorbed, memories cannot be voluntarily released, though you think you might be able to get them through damaging or killing the spirit in the same way you do via killing the living. However, how you would do that is something you haven't figured out.

2. The memories can be "Captured" by the spirits and then given to you instead of being fed upon. They can only "Hold" so much and they seem to degrade over time, but it can be done. However, only the crab animated skeleton seems bright enough and controlled enough to do so. The others are rather like dogs with fresh meat: You command them to leave it alone but their stomachs tend to win out in the debate. They're too simple and animal like.

On a related note: you can deactivate the spirit infused skeletons, the only issue would be that the way to do it is releasing the animating spirit, which would mean needing to grab a new one and do the animation process over again when you want them back. Which is of course somewhat tiring and wasteful.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: November 07, 2019, 09:22:30 am »

What if we go out and get them masks and such like we did with Piecewise? Then they would look enough like humans to be able to come with us without suspicion

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #744 on: November 07, 2019, 01:00:31 pm »

How much money do we have? Enough to hire someone trustworthy or rent a vehicle? Alternatively, do we have any trustworthy people with nothing better to do? We can carry two skele-suitcases ourselves and get someone to carry the other two for us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 08, 2019, 05:19:08 am »

Couldn't we get picewise to carry two suitcases full of skeletons instead of getting someone else?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 08, 2019, 05:21:05 am »

Couldn't we get picewise to carry two suitcases full of skeletons instead of getting someone else?
Yes,

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #747 on: November 11, 2019, 12:19:37 pm »

+1 something someone.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 11, 2019, 12:45:29 pm »

Er, ah...

Yes,
+1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: November 11, 2019, 01:39:00 pm »

Er, ah...

Yes,
+1

Seems like the way to bring the least possible people along with us, and therefore the least possible chance of discovery (provided that we keep Piecewise out of close scrutiny).

+1
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 94