Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 94

Author Topic: The Left-Hand Path  (Read 112262 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: The Left-Hand Path
« Reply #780 on: November 19, 2019, 11:40:18 pm »

Writing is lovely as always. :)

Ask Piecewise if he enjoys the window view. Maybe we can gain some insight on the nature of our skeletal friend.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 20, 2019, 08:38:02 am »

Ask Piecewise if he enjoys the window view. Maybe we can gain some insight on the nature of our skeletal friend.
+1 But also be looking for big fish spirits to bring our bird army to life.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 20, 2019, 02:06:57 pm »

Mm, it might behoove us to use the small fry spirits for our birds. If we make a swarm of flying ones with the big hungry boys, things might uh, get out of hand.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 20, 2019, 02:30:55 pm »

Mm, it might behoove us to use the small fry spirits for our birds. If we make a swarm of flying ones with the big hungry boys, things might uh, get out of hand.

Oh geez they'd eat all the townsfolk.

Ok so we really need to make sure we unmake all of our animal things before we leave.

I think we do need larger spirits than normal though, or they won't be able to properly interpret the things they see? Not too big.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 20, 2019, 02:46:15 pm »

Okay fine, let's go for "medium". :P

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 21, 2019, 04:52:27 am »

Let us set forth on our journey to gather medium fish ghosts for our birds!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #786 on: November 21, 2019, 06:30:43 pm »

I say go for quality over quantity and just use puppets, assuming we can get them to follow complex commands, like Piecewise can.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 22, 2019, 02:15:13 pm »

I say go for quality over quantity and just use puppets, assuming we can get them to follow complex commands, like Piecewise can.

I think we can't control the larger ones as easily when there are many? Honestly maybe just one really good bird that we can tell to simply fly about until it finds the place might be best.

+1
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 23, 2019, 03:13:59 am »

I think we can't control the larger ones as easily when there are many? Honestly maybe just one really good bird that we can tell to simply fly about until it finds the place might be best.

+1
+1 We can make a super bird!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #789 on: November 23, 2019, 11:31:55 am »

You look over at Piecewise and furrow your brow. You ask him if he likes it there. He looks back at you with the same vacant expression as ever and after a few long moments replies, "I do not know."  He stares at you for a few more seconds before turning back to the window. Hmm. This isn't the first time he seemed to do things he either shouldn't know how to do or that he has no explanation for. Its odd. Very odd.

+1
+1 We can make a super bird!
You walk over to the basin and start sorting through the corpses, looking for the one best suited to your spying purposes. You discard a few immediately: two have damaged wings and a third has its head blown clean off.  You eventually decide on a cormorant; its dark  plumage will offer it cover in the darkness and long neck and keen eyes will be useful in observation.  Not to mention it was killed quite cleanly; just a small hole in the breast as evidence of its passing. You take one of the cartridges of birdshot and open it up, spilling out a dozen or so of the small steel spheres onto your hand. You select one of them and use your finger to stuff it deep into the innards of the bird, wedging it into place. You use this as the core, anchoring the anima to it before tying the creature to yourself with your own blood.  You stick some more of the shot in the wound and then plug the hole up a bit with feathers and dried blood.  You want this thing to look as though it were very obviously killed by a hunter, just in case you need to abandon it. A dead bird filled with birdshot is perfectly natural while a bird with a single nail in its breast would be...curious to say the least.

The cormorant perches on piecewise's head and you're about to send him out to spy when you think of something: How is it going to tell you what it sees? You ask it to speak and it can manage nothing more than honking. You sit back and consider for a few moments. You finally put the note book in front of the bird and the pen into its beak. You tell it to draw various shapes and finally to draw a plan of the room its in. It does these things with an oddly machinelike precision, its long neck whipping about and slashing out lines with rapid ease.  The resulting plan of the room is accurate so you open the window and, after a quick check to make sure no one is looking, release the bird into the night with orders to find and observe the base before returning here. It flaps off and you lose sight of it almost immediately in the darkness; the only thing left behind is the trailing cord of your blood connection.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: November 23, 2019, 12:31:01 pm »

And now, we play the waiting game.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 23, 2019, 12:40:28 pm »

Trailing cord... necromancers can see that, can't they.
HMM

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #792 on: November 23, 2019, 01:01:31 pm »

Trailing cord... necromancers can see that, can't they.
HMM
If they were close to it they could, but imagine it like a piece of string tied on the bird and then back to you. From the air you really couldn't see it at a glance, its too thin. Though, if they watched the bird carefully for a while, they might notice something connected to it.

Good reason to do this at night.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 23, 2019, 02:26:32 pm »

Also something something umbilical cord strands.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 23, 2019, 06:01:25 pm »

Also, re nail cores... What if the legends of staking vampires developed from finding puppets/undead with long nails or stakes as their core?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 94