Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - An End of Sorts  (Read 38949 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The only thing I'm seeing is that you forgot the guns I got for me and Rovin between this and the last game.

Also I think I'd rather ware the crappy cabinet armour than ware raincoat.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

I’m looking and others kept their tallys, I think I had 1 tally from Part 1

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2019, 04:28:40 am »

Very fun. How about this:

In the years before the collapse, after the extinction of the Galapagos tortoise, the Ecuadorian tourist board greenlit a controversial plan to create a new hybrid species combining giant tortoise and green sea turtle DNA. They let loose this hybrid species in a theme-park like Tortle Island. However the new creations were willful and unruly and strangely bipedal. Worse still, the craze brought about a flurry of self-hybridisation among the islanders. Since the fall, survivors in the remnants of the Galapagos trained and hunted the tortles as attack animals, and lived under the thumb of petty warlords drawn from a new upperclass of animal hybrid people.

Sheet with quests and missing info added:
Spoiler: Auze (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl + King Zultan, have updated your sheets.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 04:56:06 am by notquitethere »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've looked over my sheet and it looks good, also a box of bullets (which is usually 20 cartridges for rifles) is way more than I was expecting to get and I shall treat them like gold. Thank you.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2019, 06:31:13 am »

Very fun. How about this:

In the years before the collapse, after the extinction of the Galapagos tortoise, the Ecuadorian tourist board greenlit a controversial plan to create a new hybrid species combining giant tortoise and green sea turtle DNA. They let loose this hybrid species in a theme-park like Tortle Island. However the new creations were willful and unruly and strangely bipedal. Worse still, the craze brought about a flurry of self-hybridisation among the islanders. Since the fall, survivors in the remnants of the Galapagos trained and hunted the tortles as attack animals, and lived under the thumb of petty warlords drawn from a new upperclass of animal hybrid people.

Sheet with quests and missing info added:
Spoiler: Auze (click to show/hide)
Overall, very good. I like the info you added.
However the new creations were willful and unruly and strangely bipedal.
I'm now imagining a cross between a Sea Turtle, a Tortoise, and a Pangolin Tyrannosaurus*.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Worse still, the craze brought about a flurry of self-hybridisation among the islanders. Since the fall, survivors in the remnants of the Galapagos trained and hunted the tortles as attack animals, and lived under the thumb of petty warlords drawn from a new upperclass of animal hybrid people.
Ironically, the fact that the family disapproves of Human-Animal Hybridisation was not how they got banned from Ecuador for life.

*Tyrannosaurus in this case is another word for Pangolin
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 06:48:08 am by auzewasright »
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Gosh, I'm definitely getting in on this. Just happened to spot an interesting title in FG&RP. No idea what my character will be yet, though - I have a few half-baked ideas, but there are so many options! Basically, consider this a placeholder for an eventual sheet.

Edit:
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 09:22:04 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

I'm now imagining a cross between a Sea Turtle, a Tortoise, and a Pangolin Tyrannosaurus*.
That was basically what I was thinking yeah.

Gosh, I'm definitely getting in on this. Just happened to spot an interesting title in FG&RP. No idea what my character will be yet, though - I have a few half-baked ideas, but there are so many options! Basically, consider this a placeholder for an eventual sheet.
Neat! If it helps you decide, we've already got in the roster:

x1 Walt Labs mutant
x1 Londoners Mutant / x1 Church human (kinda)
x1 Eyes uploxed
x1 Unaligned Assassin Uploxed
x2 Unaligned Mutant Popsicle (the only option at the start of Warped! part 1)
x1 Unaligned Mutant Pariah
x1 GML Uploxed
x1 Unaligned Human Saviour

Nobody has picked a neozombie yet, and half the factions don't yet have full members, and there are a few kinds of unaligned which haven't been picked.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile

Hey notquitethere GM, can I replace the M416 with a PSG1 (Sniper Rifle)?, the weapon was only a meme because ACOGs are a meme in a certain game. As well with the choosing of my quests, I’ll be frank and I wasn’t aware of the accute lore and thought this was just a nuclear-apocalypse game not a game where the robots are the main BBEG since one of the quest involves a faction that hates Uploxed more than they do pirates and mutants. Also that’s what I think I only need to talk about and accept the quests as given.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 04:44:00 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

I posted a sheet! Please let me know if I got anything wrong. I wouldn't be surprised.   
There were other ideas I was considering, but this one ended up inspiring me the most - could always go with something else if it doesn't fit, though.     
Booze is Life for Yoink

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Hey notquitethere GM, can I replace the M416 with a PSG1 (Sniper Rifle)?, the weapon was only a meme because ACOGs are a meme in a certain game. As well with the choosing of my quests, I’ll be frank and I wasn’t aware of the accute lore and thought this was just a nuclear-apocalypse game not a game where the robots are the main BBEG since one of the quest involves a faction that hates Uploxed more than they do pirates and mutants. Also that’s what I think I only need to talk about and accept the quests as given.
From the human perspective, the uploxed are the worst, yeah.  If you want to rewrite anything, go ahead; I can always recycle the quests I wrote for some of that faction quests anyway. We haven't started yet and this is what this phase is for.

Yoink, that sheet all looks good to me. I'll write up some personal quests later today.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Ben lash - Yoink (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Awwwww yes. I am excited. :)   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I’m exited too

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Warped! Part II Begins

Civilisation is over but for a while in East Anglia there was almost peace. Postwick Tower was down, the whole of Norwich was safe and most of the roads to it were clear. But the range of the Uploxed's towers keep growing and, worse for the humans and mutants alike, a new tower in Laxfield has suddenly turned out, greatly increasing the range of the drones and cyber creatures that roam the overgrown lands. Will the uploxed be able to squeeze out the last remaining stragglers? Or will those survivors push back and destroy the towers that allow their foes to roam and kill with impunity?

All players begin play in their dens. To start, choose a quest (faction or personal) and say it's name and (if there are multiple choices) which quest location you are traveling to.

Optional: describe what your den looks like and who else might live there.

I'm going on holiday for a week on Saturday and probably won't be able to update, but since I managed to write enough quests anyway, I thought I'd begin now. So when I go dark for a week (though I might be able to update a little, but probably not) it is completely normal.

Spoiler: Map of East Anglia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map of Norwich (click to show/hide)

Faction Quests

All the faction quests currently accessible now. Pay attention to the minimum rep required to take on any of these quests. If you have -1 or less in all factions, you won't be able to take on any quests. If you feel like you need to do something first to be better prepare for a quest (e.g. the quest involves capturing someone and you have no stun equipment or vehicle), make that a personal quest when you next have a free personal quest slot.

To do one of the quests, just say Travel to [quest location] for [quest name].

Co-operation

It is really easy for you to co-operate with one another: if you are eligible to do the same quest as someone else, and they say they're doing that quest, then you can travel with them to the quest location even if you don't begin in the same location (I'll assume you bump into each other on the way and one of you decides to tag along with the other). I'll roll the higher of your luck scores for a single shared encounter.

If you are in the same location as someone and they travel off on a quest that you aren't eligible for, you may choose to follow them and do the quest as well, receiving all the tally reward and whatever other of the rewards makes sense to receive. This way, you may assist in someone else's personal quest.

Human
Spoiler: The Keep (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Land Pirates (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Postwick Mob (click to show/hide)

Uploxed
Spoiler: Great Marmite League (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Legends (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TERRATERROR (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eyes of Gaia (click to show/hide)

Mutant
Spoiler: Walt Labs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Londoners (click to show/hide)

Neozombie
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 12:04:44 pm by notquitethere »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27