Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - An End of Sorts  (Read 38944 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"My name is Sandra. So far, what I have is 4 cans of WD-40, I'm sure you are after something else, like money. Is there anything I can do for you, Glitterbox?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Use the razor-tail and my rubber hammer to try and knock out a clean bit of glass, so that I can unlock or open a door or window through the resulting hole.  Try to get in that way.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Game Begins Early!
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2019, 03:24:20 pm »

Spoiler: ForHire (click to show/hide)

”Destabilization of technology, assuming physical morph, need to escape”. Jäger sees that it has teleported into a blimp and utilizes it’s thinking to try and get itself out of there

Jäger explores the undesignated Blimp, most likely probability of being the Terraterror or GML Blimp. Doing parkour with its advanced mechanical body, if direct itself to the service hatch and tries to see where the Uploxed nodes are.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Ben stared at this strange apparition for a moment, then blinked and rubbed at his eyes before taking another look.
These long, lonely walks across the zone could play tricks on the mind, of that he was well aware...

Take a second glance and make sure this critter is in fact real, and not a figment of my imagination.
If it is real, then my next concern will be whether this is some sort of trap, or if any more threatening beings are after it. Take a quick look around, then if the coast is clear, cautiously approach the tree to see what manner of creature this is and how I might potentially assist.

Spoiler: Ben Lash (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Damn this weather."
Go among the elms.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Everyone, please copy and paste your character sheets when you post your actions. This speeds up action processing on my end!

Dereham Outskirts
P4 acts defensively, focusing on staying out of reach against the tailed and the club-wielding mutants, and looks for a opening to claw and bite at the croc-headed one.
[P4 rolled 3+1+1wits=5]
P4, as a cyberleopard, paces around. He tries to stay out of the way of the mutants, keeping his eyes on Yuuki, with the crocodile head. He's distracted by the uniformed woman, Kateryna, rushing in to his left, when Keiko darts round at incredible speed from the right and smacks into him with a heavy spanner she's produced from somewhere. P4's vid-feed shakes as he snaps around. Through the spinning, he sees Yuuki's huge maw lunge toward him.

P4 gains condition: shaken. He is in a morph-threatening situation. (Note: if something would kill you, or in this case, destroy your morph, you automatically lose 1 luck and recover, if you have luck to lose though you can opt not to do this. This hasn't happened yet, but could do on another critical failure.)

Cromer Road -> Norwich Keep
Yeah, let's continue southwards. After all, we've got a delivery to make."
The rest of the ride south is uneventful so soon Darrin and the others ride into Norwich city. The crumbling city is gradually becoming more habitable. Weeds in the roads have been trampled. More of the buildings are showing signs of habitation: smoke curls from chimneys, plastic sheeting is nailed over some broken windows, people can be spotted here and there. The come to the Keep. The remains of a medieval castle, kept up in the last days as a museum, it's now the core of Norwich. A makeshift wall of broken cars rings the hill where the castle stands.

In the yard within the gate, Darrin's friend Cass helps unload the nutrient mix. "Good journey?" she asks.

"The Doc totally wrecked this GML sucker," Murray enthuses. "He went to town with his mutations. It was really something."

Cass rummages in a bag. "I don't know if this is useful for you, but it's kinda sciency right?" She passes Darrin a glass thermometer.

Walt Caravan Guard quest has been completed!

Darrin gets quest reward: +2 tallies, a thermometer.

Road near Spooner Row
Finding this particular scenario somewhat dubious, Issac decides make a few inquiries. While he would like to keep the outfit, it wasn't quite critical for him to do so.

"Well if I am to pay taxes to the Postwick Mob, then it stands to reason that I should granted citizenship within New Anglia. On that note, I have a number of questions in regards to how dual citizenship would work, Postwick tax law, the location of government institutions, where I would need to go in order to obtain a passport... I have a lot of questions that any legitimate tax collector such as yourselves would definitely know the answer to."
[Isaac rolled 4+1-2empathy+1lawyer+0mob=4]
The man laughs. "I don't think you understand how this works. Show him Darlene!"

The woman sends a jet of a flame bursting above Isaac's head. She levels it straight at his face. "I don't think we mind if the suit is a little bit crispy..." she says.

"Oh I think I could stamp out the flames in time..." says the man. "Now, cough up, whateveryournameis."

Deep in the Broads
Grab the diamond dust sack and follow the calls. Note the location of this spot.
Spoiler: Auze (click to show/hide)
[Auze rolled 2+1+2wits=5]
Auze grabs the dust and marks the location down for future reference. Then it's Tortle hunting time! He follows the calls deep into the broads. The trees hang thick overhead and the ground is boggy. He takes one wrong step and ends up waist deep in the mud. As he tries to wriggle free he realises it's only pulling him deeper in! There's rustling in the trees and he can almost swear a tortle is up there laughing at him.

Auze gains a sack of diamond dust.

Auze gains condition: sinking into the mud. This is a life-threatening situation (see above).

Watton
"My name is Sandra. So far, what I have is 4 cans of WD-40, I'm sure you are after something else, like money. Is there anything I can do for you, Glitterbox?"
Glitterbox laughs on the television. "Hah! Money! That's a good one. What year is this? 2020? You slay me Sandra. For a can of WD-40 I'll set up the meeting."

As this is reasonable enough trade, Sandra gives away one of her cans. On the screen, Glitterbox's avatar disappears off, leaving only a background of white noise. After some time, he returns and says, "Sandra Dee, meet KZ."

Sandra swivels around and sees six foot high yellow robotic dinosaur (though more Reptar than Raptor) with razor-sharp spikes along its spine. The dinosaur starts emitting a syncopated drum beat. It flails its arms and legs in a horrible simulacra of human dance. It sings, "Killazilla's the name, you know killing's my game. Three kudos is my pay, who d'you want me to slay?"

Sandra loses one can of WD-40.

Paradise Solutions
Use the razor-tail and my rubber hammer to try and knock out a clean bit of glass, so that I can unlock or open a door or window through the resulting hole.  Try to get in that way.

[Sandeep rolled 4+6+3body+1tools=14]
[Sandeep rolled 6+3+2wits=11]
Sandeep efficiently carves out and gentle pops in a section of window in the main door. He reaches in the clean hole and pulls the handle, letting him in the building.

Inside, it's dusty, but mostly untouched. There are all the usual features of an office block: row upon row of offices, the occasional bathroom. It doesn't look looted, but it does look like the workers cleared out most of the valuables before leaving. There are still a number of computers and after some careful searching on the first floor, Sandeep finds an external hard-drive plugged into the back. Someone has taped to it the note:

stop unplugging this! its auto-backup for project!! do you WANT to lose data on the nexus-2 project Kyle???

This looks like a promising research item, but Sandeep would need a working computer to access the data. Unfortunately, there's no power in the city outside Postwick and the Keep...

Attacking the Nexus - Part 1 - Research has been completed!

Sandeep gains quest reward: +1 tally.
Sandeep gains Research Hard Drive.

Sandeep now has a free personal slot. He can fill it with Attacking the Nexus - Part 2 - Find a Working Computer if he wants to, but doesn't have to.

Blimp

”Destabilization of technology, assuming physical morph, need to escape”. Jäger sees that it has teleported into a blimp and utilizes it’s thinking to try and get itself out of there

Jäger explores the undesignated Blimp, most likely probability of being the Terraterror or GML Blimp. Doing parkour with its advanced mechanical body, if direct itself to the service hatch and tries to see where the Uploxed nodes are.
[Jäger rolled 1+1+2body=4]
Jäger swings off a gantry, but the light metal buckles under him and he slips and hits the balloon floor hard. His scythe catches on the material and he tears straight through, venting helium out! The blimp careers sideways and Jäger slams down into a large basket-like cabin under the main balloon.

The cabin is a makeshift attachment at the back of the main blimp cabin. It's a large bamboo cage with a solid floor, but grated walls which let in dim light, the balloon its roof. Jäger notices a few other things about this cage: there's a giant robotic cranefly, training a laser point on Jäger. The cage has a covering of hay and troughs filled with water and chopped meat. And the cage is full of wolves. At least a dozen of them.

Jäger is in a morph-threatening situation. (See above.)

Lost in Blizzard -> Kingdom Forge
"Damn this weather."
Go among the elms.
[Burt rolled 1+4+2wits=7]
Burt walks for hours in the wet. Eventually he finds his way back on track in the direction of Laxfield. He's exhausted and alone, but after an hour of walking up and down almost identical lanes, he finds behind a vast weeping willow a faded sign saying EMPIRE FORGE.

There's a long workshop outside a country house. The wood frames of the workshop are rotten and the roof is sunken in from weather damage. As he opens the door to the dim interior, the whole thing shakes dubiously. Inside though, in the dim light of this rainy day, he sees a magnificent iron blacksmith's hammer that would work perfectly well as a war hammer. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it would be very safe to walk into the building and get it...

Burt gains condition: tired.

Scole
Ben stared at this strange apparition for a moment, then blinked and rubbed at his eyes before taking another look.
These long, lonely walks across the zone could play tricks on the mind, of that he was well aware...

Take a second glance and make sure this critter is in fact real, and not a figment of my imagination.
If it is real, then my next concern will be whether this is some sort of trap, or if any more threatening beings are after it. Take a quick look around, then if the coast is clear, cautiously approach the tree to see what manner of creature this is and how I might potentially assist.
[Ben rolled 5+5+2wits-1hungry=11]
It's not just his eyes (or his stomach) playing tricks on him: there genuinely is a vocal teddy bear clinging to the tree. He can't hear any more of the vehicle sounds, so he approaches the tree. Up close it's clear that this is a large child's teddy bear, perhaps three feet high. It doesn't have hands, but obviously has strong enough arms to grasp the branch.

The teddy speaks again. "I was twying to cwoss the wiver. Some gang had me! Wescue me and I'll give you wealth beyond measure outlander!"

He's currently on a branch dangling over the river. It's near to another branch from a tree on the other side, which is presumably where he climbed from. The branch is perhaps six foot away, and is long, thin and light. If he could reach, Ben could pull it closer. Or he could try climbing the tree (though that would be a bit more marginal).

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2019, 06:42:06 pm »

”DO NOT INITIATE CONFLICT. THIS UNIT GOT LOST ON ITS WAY HERE. THIS UNIT IS AN ALLY TO ALL UPLOXED, WANTED TO HELP WITH THE WOLF MISSION.

Get back on standing on my biped form, and negotiate with the the other Eye of Gaia Uploxed that I accidentally teleported into the Blimp looking for the Eye of Gaia’s base for their mission. Switch and transform my mechanical arm into the rotary gun and start spinning it up menacingly, in case combat happens. Getting ready to dodge if so.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 05:05:39 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Hurled to the wolves!
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2019, 06:46:53 pm »

Spoiler: Dr. Amoretto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal Quests (click to show/hide)
“...heh. I’ll see if I can do anything with it.
Now, while I’d love to stick around and catch up for a while, I’ve got some places I’m trying to get to. Your caravan to the Londoners hasn’t left yet, right?”

Darrin takes the Keep Caravan Guard quest.

(Also, it occurs to me that it may make sense for both the caravan source and target factions to get the “+1 rep if below 1” thing for this kind of mission.)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

"I heard you are able to receive direct signals from the satellites without the need for towers. How are you able to do so?”
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 07:26:20 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2019, 07:22:51 pm »

P4, while surprised, was not going to back down. He lets his morph’s instincts guide him as he tries to evade and counterattack.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2019, 07:32:55 pm »

Calm down, then lie on back and float on the quickmud. Slowly back-paddle back to sturdier ground, remembering the guide given by the ancient classic known as “Mythbusters”.
Spoiler: Auze (click to show/hide)
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2019, 07:40:32 pm »

Accept the new quest in my first slot.

Check for any kind of portable computer compatable with the hard drive before leaving.  Finding power might be a seperate thing to finding a computer.

Begin the mission in slot #3 next, the one about acquiring razorwire.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 07:51:10 pm by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2019, 02:52:36 am »

"I need some kind of light to search this gloomy ass place safely."
Break into the house near the work shop and look for a torch or a lantern and anything else that might be good.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2019, 03:21:38 am »

After some hesitation, Ben Lash reluctantly moves to assist.
"Awright," he mutters as he sizes up the tree, "but mark ma words: if this is a trick and you turn out ta be some sneaky kill-bot packed wi' blades an' guns, yer goin' in the stream faster'n you can say "planned obsolescence". You get me?"   
He didn't believe the 'wealth beyond measure' part for a second, but the creature might at least know where he could find some food.   

First, see if I can reach the branch the bear's on to pull it closer and grab hold of him.
Failing that, tie my lash around my waist so that it (ideally) still has a bit of length hanging loose and try climbing the tree - but, rather than climbing out onto the same flimsy branch he's on, I'll see if I can reach him from above. If not, lower my lash down for him to grab hold of, before swinging him to shore.

Keep a sharp eye out for aggressive morph-like behaviour from the creature, such as sprouting tiny gun turrets or metal tentacles covered in blades or any such nonsense. If that happens I will
be true to my word and punt him into the river dive for cover to escape any potential evisceration, then punt him into the river if I get the chance.    

Spoiler: Ben Lash (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2019, 04:33:10 pm »

It was a fairly awkward situation, but if there was one thing Issac had learned, it was that cleverness and a dubious interpretation of the law. But he also knew it would only get him so far in life. But Issac had been busy these past few months. He was no longer a simple lawyer, but Issac Revero, Norwich's most interesting Spy!

(Purchasing the Spy profession at the cost of 5 Tallies)

He wouldn't be able to outrun the thieves while they had a vehicle, and a direct assault would likely end badly, but if he was close enough to the vehicle he would have initiative. The easiest way to do this would require that Issac take off the suit. They wouldn't attack him while he was doing exactly what they were demanding to do.

Issac would then approach the truck with the suit in hand, using the cloth to conceal his weapons of choice. As the suit shifted hands, Issac would swiftly inject the receiver with the syringe labelled 'chrome yellow', and then quickly turn to strike Darlene using his Stun Rod before it registered in her mind just what was going on.

After that he would comment "Oh, I can tell you how this works. If you want any chance of getting the antidote, you'll do what I say."

You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27