Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - An End of Sorts  (Read 39211 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - circus animals
« Reply #135 on: November 04, 2019, 03:20:27 pm »

Spoiler: Dr. Amoretto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal Quests (click to show/hide)
“Hey, I’m here to help with the engine experiment?
I can’t help but notice that you don’t have any visible mutations. Whatdo you have?”
Darrin pauses for a moment, thinking.
"I think I saw you while you were still in cryo, actually. So I guess have a belated welcome to the land of the living, though you've been here for a while. The name's Dr. Darrin Amoretto."
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 05:04:23 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 04, 2019, 04:06:39 pm »

”Just an ambush by a trio of mutants,Karrion_Kidd. they got some good hits in before i could react.  Nothing a bit of maintenance wont fix.”
He goes silent after StaggerLee enters, and listens closely.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - A series of reversals
« Reply #137 on: November 04, 2019, 04:46:32 pm »

Go out to the Broads again to search for that Harpy
Name the tortles Jorge, Diego, and George
Spoiler: Auze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: personal quests (click to show/hide)

After some thought, Auze realizes that there is probably a growing population of the Tortles in the Broads from those that came loose. Between the plenty of food and rarity of people that know how to fight them, they are probably already hatching several clutches of eggs. He almost feels sorry for many out there. While Tortles are mischievous with humans, they are downright murderous against hybrids and mutants thanks to 40 or so years of selection breeding by humans that fight with non-humans a lot.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 05:26:15 pm by auzewasright »
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 04, 2019, 05:19:34 pm »

Issac responds with something that is technically true, though his idea of a resolution may be somewhat different from that of his peers. "As it turns out, I had a job to do before I was so rudely interrupted. But as luck would have it, there's only one more place that I need to go after this before we can get this resolved. Assuming of course that there aren't any problems..."

Barring any unforeseen issues, Issac would start by looking for various shops to see what is available and look for some subtle clues before considering doing something so brazen as actually asking about an illegal operation.

You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 04, 2019, 06:30:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sandra turns to the humanoid that popped into view
“Can you help free the bird? You look like you would be able to do so without crushing it”
((shadowclaw777, I am talking to your character))

*A recording of human adult male takes place*, ”Greetings and Well Met! fellow Uploxed, and then an audio recording of a different person’s speaking voice a more feminine one. ”Why you seem lost fellow Eye of Gaia Uploxed and are you heading for Dereham for the Cloud Seeding Mission?, as you seem far away from your migration zone. Ah you want me to remove the bird from the cage, but the question is why?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 04, 2019, 06:43:08 pm »

“Yes, I am heading there for the Cloud Seeding mission. I want to free the bird because I dislike it when animals are caged”

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Game Begins Early!
« Reply #141 on: November 04, 2019, 07:04:21 pm »

Spoiler: ForHire (click to show/hide)

”Fine, I need Kudos and an... associate of the Eyes of Gaia and could assist you for the mission, This unit shall get the Corvidae for you, though Ravens and Crows are more my style

Reload the sniper rifle and store the empty magazine in an ammo compartment, grab the two human fingers and store them, and Jäger sees if he can just put/attach the birdcage on the robotic leg

”It’s better to have it be useful for us, and the biological individual can serves as an alarm as we travel. Requesting assistance”

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 04, 2019, 07:11:01 pm »

“Yes, I will assist you. May I ask what you need assistance with?”
Help Jager get the cage on his leg
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 07:55:11 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 04, 2019, 07:21:27 pm »

“Yes, I will assist you. May I ask what you need assistance with?”
Go with Jager to [Dereham] for [Cloud Seeding]

”Something to tie the Birdcage to my mechanical leg of course, though I can carry it if need be.”

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 04, 2019, 07:58:08 pm »

((Action edited))
“Yes, I was also asking what you needed an associate of the Eyes of Gaia for. When we get the Cloud Seeder to Thetford Forest, I can help you with what you originally came here for before deciding to help me”

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 04, 2019, 08:09:19 pm »

((Action edited))
“Yes, I was also asking what you needed an associate of the Eyes of Gaia for. When we get the Cloud Seeder to Thetford Forest, I can help you with what you originally came here for before deciding to help me”

”I don’t have a main objective currently, how about this. Getting enough forces from the Eyes of Gaia to set up a military base at Laxfield Tower so that it doesn’t get destroyed, we don’t want to limit our roaming data range right?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 04, 2019, 08:29:57 pm »

((Action edited))

”I don’t have a main objective currently, how about this. Getting enough forces from the Eyes of Gaia to set up a military base at Laxfield Tower so that it doesn’t get destroyed, we don’t want to limit our roaming data range right?
“Right. Protecting the towers is important”

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 04, 2019, 10:29:11 pm »

Spend 10 tallies to move Empathy to +1 and Weird to +2.
Try to use my telepathy to make contact with the drone mind.  Simultaneously, try to sneak around to find a way out of here.

If they both pass, try to negotiate free passage out of here.  The drone doesn't want to take another hit, and I don't really want to have to literally kill everyone.  No need for that, right?  And with telepathy, nobody needs to know.

If that succeeds, try to go one step further and negotiate with the drone mind.  I could take a recording device somewhere, one disconnected from the nexus, and film whatever secure locations I go to, perhaps ones not normally accessable.  I'd do so if I can get a kudos-purchased item in return, such as a small generator and fuel for fullfilling quest #1.  I'm sure intel like that would be valuable, right?  And it knows I'm not friendly with those factions either, so no risk.  Goal isn't to establish neutrality with the faction, it is to establish one contact, and cap negative reputation at -1 or -2.

If it fails, try to sneak out.  If caught, be ready to fight back, but maybe the drone will let me leave anyway instead of taking another hit.  Fire if necessary, but only in self-defense or if the drone mind refuses to stop filming me.

Head back to the base to drop off the razorwire and finish the mission after all this.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 01:26:32 am by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 05, 2019, 04:25:14 am »

"Good thing I didn't try to go in there."
Go to the front door and see if I can't get to the things inside, if I can't start moving bits of the sides, and be on the look out for any movement.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 05, 2019, 08:29:41 am »

Muttering curses as he gets to his feet, Ben dusts himself off before darting over to the abandoned hall. He casts a quick glance in the direction of the departing engine as he does so, blinking rain out of his eyes.

Go to the town hall, briefly survey the situation, and if it seems safe take a seat inside the door and begin making myself comfortable.

If the creature I rescued is within view, demand to know why the woman I saw is after it. Actually, even if I can't see it I'll ask this anyway - but keep alert for the bike approaching again and be sure to shut up if it is.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27