Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - An End of Sorts  (Read 38951 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - A series of reversals
« Reply #255 on: December 06, 2019, 07:01:16 pm »

Head back to the den to report that both adoption and reproduction opportunities are at the Keep (don’t word it like that)
Spoiler: Auze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: personal quests (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tortles (click to show/hide)
(Might want to say how you want to word it)

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - more quests available
« Reply #256 on: December 06, 2019, 07:06:26 pm »

Start scanning the streets for Popsicles. Keep an eye on the ones that look more attached to pre-apocalypse ways then others.  They'll probably be the ones to respect commerce.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 06, 2019, 07:11:07 pm »

Head back to the den to report that both adoption and reproduction opportunities are at the Keep (don’t word it like that)
(Might want to say how you want to word it)
Literally any other way would probably be better. I'll come up with a different one.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 06, 2019, 08:25:01 pm »

Well, that ended up working out okay.  I think I'll surprise Mitchell by returning his boat.

Add a personal mission to return Mitchell's boat.  Activate mission 1.

Start sailing down the river, and eventually south towards Ipswitch, hugging the coastline.  Check if the houseboat has enough electricity from the solar panels to run the laptop.  It probably does if it has a working electric heating element, although batteries and voltage issues might make it not suitable.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 08:27:17 pm by Devastator »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 06, 2019, 10:29:02 pm »

Paw at the chimney suggestively to the watchers of the keep, silently asking if they want me to try and sneak inside the truck. If they do, attempt to infiltrate the vehicle so I can get at Marie myself. Otherwise, ID the cargo being picked up and escape without being detected by the pirates. being quiet is HARD!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 08:33:48 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 07, 2019, 02:18:35 am »

"Bloody hell," Ben mutters to himself, rubbing his head as he stumbles towards the camp, "Ah've gotta get maself some more ay that shit..."   

This train of thought is abruptly interrupted as he is addressed. He straightens up, squinting at the other pirate.
"Aw aye, 'm fine. So what's the plan then?"

If I have time, ask what our plan of attack is before the ambush begins.
Otherwise, just follow some more-experienced pirate and be ready to make myself useful.

Gauge if my lash would be long enough to stretch across the road; if it is, maybe whisper to someone asking if they want to grab the other end so we can possibly clothesline any forward scouts. Of course, that plan would be moot if the frontrunners aren't on bikes...   

Spoiler: Ben Lash (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 07, 2019, 03:31:48 am »

"Hey legends lady I'll take you to Watton, I'm gonna be passing through there anyway so I can drop you off."
See if Karen still wants the ride, then take her to Watton and drop her off.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 07, 2019, 03:38:44 am »

"Hey legends lady I'll take you to Watton, I'm gonna be passing through there anyway so I can drop you off."

Thanks Mr. Burt for the convenient carpooling, I’d welcome a quick ride to there.”

Take a ride in Burt’s vehicle and be dropped off in Watton

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Thetford -> River Thet -> Spooner Row
Head to [Spooner Row] for [Let It Rain]
Sandra rolls up along the main road towards Spooner Row. She has to slow down to a stop half way there, where the river Thet has flooded its banks and the road is part submerged. There's a purplish chemical slick that clings to the surface of the river.

"That's... disconcerting," says Sable's avatar in Nexus, as she watches Sandra's feed. As there's nothing that can be done about it now, Sandra continues on to Spooner Row.

She arrives on a hill overlooking a tangle of roads where there's an encampment of Land Pirates. Sandra considers where to set up the cloud seeder. The best place for the cloud seeder would be right in the open overlooking the settlement, but it would also be the most exposed spot. There's a small copse of trees on the hill, but they could interfere with the seeder.

Paw at the chimney suggestively to the watchers of the keep, silently asking if they want me to try and sneak inside the truck. If they do, attempt to infiltrate the vehicle so I can get at Marie myself.
[P4 rolled 1+1+1wits+1cat=4]
In the middle of the camp in Spooner Row, P4 pads at the chimney. He gets a nod from Dell. Sneaking as best as he can, he gets to near the door when all hell breaks out.

"What's that!"

"Killbot on the roof of Marie's truck!"

About half a dozen guns turn on P4 as the whole camp realises there's a GML cyberbeast sneaking among them!

This is a morph-threatening situation.

Outskirts Watton
”Hmm, now why would someone be screaming at this moment?”

Take the sunglasses and name list. Stalk and locate the position of the woman’s screaming, assessing why she is screaming or even better what she is.
[Jager rolled 1+1+0wits=2]
Jager picks up the loot and stalks through the woods, but the scream has ended and he can't see anything. Eventually, mud besplattered, he clambers back onto the roadway. Right in time to almost be hit by an oncoming RV.

This is a morph-threatening situation.

Thanks Mr. Burt for the convenient carpooling, I’d welcome a quick ride to there.”
Take a ride in Burt’s vehicle and be dropped off in Watton

Dr Burt Goldstine drives north to Watton. Karen Kablukov sits up front. Rovin stays in the back and polishes his mask while the others can't see his face underneath. The drive doesn't take long and Burt is enjoying the scenery whizz by when suddenly a humanoid shaped robot with a gun arm stumbles out of a thicket right into his path. It's not too late to slam on the brakes, or accelerate.

Laxfield Labyrinth
As a direct result of recent events, Darrin is rather less patient than he typically is.
"Excuse me?" he shouts up toward the drones. But he's unheard, or maybe just ignored, or perhaps simply not responded to quickly enough.
So he uses Sonic Boom.
"EXCUSE ME, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?"
[Darrin rolled 4+1+3weird=8]
Darrin's voice booms out over the valley. A gaggle of drones buzz towards the party.

"WELCOME TO THE FATAL LABYRINTH!" one booms.

"IN THE CENTRE SITS A TOWER THAT BROADCASTS ROBOTIC DOOM!" cries another. "THE ONLY WAY TO STOP IT IS TO TRAVEL AND BRAVE THE DANGERS WITHIN!"

"TRAPS, TREASURE AND MONSTROSITIES MOST INTRACTABLE LIE WITHIN!" follows up a third.

"Well this is a good way to die," says Big Ben.

"Yeah, let's report back, and come back with a real plan," says Chloe Fontaine.

Balthazar looks at the labyrinth with a gleam in his eye. You did all come all this way and it would be a shame to go back empty handed...

The Keep -> Arena -> Deep in the Broads
Head back to the den to report that there are people to adopt, as well as multiple friendly mujeres y hombres. Also, before that, grab a few batteries from the bucket before the kid destroys them all.
[Auze rolled 3+3+2wits=8]
Auze grabs some batteries from the bucket. Pandrick says, completely deadpan, "Sparkstones are life. You owe me a life now."

With the batteries, he travels back to his den deep in the broads. He's thinking about what to say to the others when he walks past an old stadium. There's the head of a great monstrous beast driven into a stake near the entranceway. Lying near it, discarded on the side, is a great fibrous wing, as if it were from a giant insect. It terminates in a metal socket. It's a nice souvenir, the way it shimmers in the light, so Auze grabs it and carries on his way.

Back at the house, Auze lays out the possibilities inherent at the Keep. His brother Josh and his father Auze senior are both keen on making a trip to make friends at the Keep. Layla is currently more interested in her radios.

"You find me any batteries?" she says.

Auze gains batteries. Auze gains a giant insectoid wing.

(Unless any intervention is made his family will make ties with the Keep and the dynasty will be on a more secure footing.)

Bungay
Start scanning the streets for Popsicles. Keep an eye on the ones that look more attached to pre-apocalypse ways then others.  They'll probably be the ones to respect commerce.
[Ed rolled 4+4-1wits=7]
Ed spots a young woman dressed in a faded jumper with grumpy cat knitted on it. This is definitely someone from the old days. He approaches her and she stares at his wings. She says "I told you freaks three times already I ain't joining your weird-ass fight. I just wanna go home."

(Please post your sheet when you make a move, it makes it easier for me to do your rolls.)

Postwick Boatyard -> Alde Mudflats
Well, that ended up working out okay.  I think I'll surprise Mitchell by returning his boat.

Start sailing down the river, and eventually south towards Ipswitch, hugging the coastline.  Check if the houseboat has enough electricity from the solar panels to run the laptop.  It probably does if it has a working electric heating element, although batteries and voltage issues might make it not suitable.
[Sandeep rolled 3+1+2wits=6]
[Sandeep rolled 3+1+3body=7]
Sandeep plugs in the laptop into the boat as it slowly makes its way down stream. There's a burning stench from the power adaptor and Sandeep pulls it out before it does any damage to the laptop. Now he'll need a new cable and adaptor. There must be one in Ipswich...

He travels through the swamps of the Broads and out of the estuary of the Yare which has flooded the whole town of Great Yarmouth. There he chugs alongside the coast, hugging the shoreline as close as he can. The rudder is hard to handle, but Sandeep is stong and steady. He's lucky and the waves are gentle enough, though the boat rocks back and forth most disconcertingly. It's going well and he's making good progress when a sudden push from the water sends him careening into a swampy headland. He travels on a while but as the tides recede over the course of a few hours, the boat becomes stuck in the mud near the mouth of the river Deben.

Ispwich is about four hours walk from here, or he could wait for the tide to return, whenever that might be.

Sandeep gained condition: grounded.

New personal quest:

Only Borrowed
Return Mitchel's boat where you found it.
Reward: +1 tally.
Quest updated:

Updated quest:

1 - Attacking the Nexus - Part 2 - Power & Cables
Sandeep has found a hard drive of research on Nexus... but he needs electricity to run a computer and a new laptop cable. That would mean approaching one of the hubs of civilisation...
Reward: x3 tallies

Dedham Vale
Otherwise, just follow some more-experienced pirate and be ready to make myself useful.

Gauge if my lash would be long enough to stretch across the road; if it is, maybe whisper to someone asking if they want to grab the other end so we can possibly clothesline any forward scouts. Of course, that plan would be moot if the frontrunners aren't on bikes...   
[Ben rolled 2+2+2wits+1lash=7]
"Are there bikes?" Ben calls up to the lookout and he shouts back affirmative so Ben races down with another pirate and he runs across the road, the lash outstretched, held by the other.

The first bike comes and the rider drives full bodied into the lash. He's knocked off and his bike careens into the woods. The force pulls the other pirate stumbling into the road. Ben glances down the road and sees a huge truck driving this way, clearly going to hit his companion. A second bike is following up behind it.

There are revs from the woods as the other pirates ready their vehicles for a chase.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Road safety warning
« Reply #264 on: December 12, 2019, 02:52:01 pm »

(Used 5 tallies to improve Connexion)
Place the Cloud Seeder in the Copse of trees to limit exposure

« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 02:57:24 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 12, 2019, 02:52:58 pm »

Mission compromised! Take cover, and try to get down the chimney! Marie must still be inside, and we need to catch her before she either arms herself or escapes from the truck!

« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 09:16:12 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 12, 2019, 04:16:24 pm »

Spoiler: Dr. Amoretto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal Quests (click to show/hide)

Darrin facepalms.
“Of all the stupid reasons to start up a tower...”
Then, he looks over the tower and Labyrinth with a critical eye, trying to figure out:
“So, guys, maybe going through the Labyrinth is a bad idea - but do you think we could go over it?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 12, 2019, 04:40:43 pm »

”Here ya go”, Auze hands her the batteries, “You know, now that you've got the radios working on this end, let’s see if you can broadcast to the Tortler gun radio and back”. After testing this out, go and read some books on electrical generation and/or related subjects.

The dynasty endures. Also, is this the titular keep that the faction is based in?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 09:58:06 pm by auzewasright »
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Game Begins Early!
« Reply #268 on: December 12, 2019, 05:06:56 pm »

Spoiler: ForHire (click to show/hide)
”Damn drivers lacking their license, I’m about to get hit”

Dodge-roll out of the way of the truck, Jager’s start booting up his shadowjump to travel to Watton
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27