Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - An End of Sorts  (Read 39175 times)

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Road safety warning
« Reply #270 on: December 12, 2019, 09:50:23 pm »

Ed spots a young woman dressed in a faded jumper with grumpy cat knitted on it. This is definitely someone from the old days. He approaches her and she stares at his wings. She says "I told you freaks three times already I ain't joining your weird-ass fight. I just wanna go home."

"Really?  Thank God. A lot of  popsicles out here want to go on a rip-roaring reclamation mission when they first wake up, what with waking up in a ruined city and all. Some days, you'd think no one even wants a home.
 That being said, things seem more homely than homey, especially with all the pirates around. To them, even people like you are too 'freakish'. 
What's your story, Icepop?"

Try and get the popsicle to open up a little,  mostly in relation to her values and aspirations.

Spoiler: Mr Ed (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 12, 2019, 11:43:22 pm »

(Can I get quest 3 changed to include the possibility of returning it to the person instead of to the location?  I might leave it somewhere else accessable and contact Mitchel via telepathy instead of going to that exact location.)

Assess how long it is since last high tide.  High tides are twice a day, usually about 12 hours apart, with them sliding a bit later each day.  If it's eight hours to go to Ipswitch and back, the tide needs to have been draining less than four hours to make it, preferably two to be safe.  If it's been draining for more than two, I'll wait it out and try to get closer after the tide comes back.  If less, proceed to Ipswitch and see if I can enter.

Just try to act calm and act like a pilgrim or someone unaligned doing shopping if challenged.  Keep it low key unless recognized, and look for the resources I need for my first and second missions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 03:46:08 am by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 13, 2019, 02:59:30 am »

"Oh shit!"
Hit the breaks and let the guy pass, then continue to Watton and drop the person off.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - New Entrants x2
« Reply #273 on: December 14, 2019, 06:39:09 am »

Spoiler: Karen Kablukov (click to show/hide)

”Lets make sure that we don’t hit that dude, might scrap off your car and agitate him if he survives”

Help assist Dr. Burt with the driving, and reach my destination to be dropped off.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - A series of reversals
« Reply #274 on: December 15, 2019, 06:03:45 pm »

Bungay
"Really?  Thank God. A lot of  popsicles out here want to go on a rip-roaring reclamation mission when they first wake up, what with waking up in a ruined city and all. Some days, you'd think no one even wants a home.
 That being said, things seem more homely than homey, especially with all the pirates around. To them, even people like you are too 'freakish'. 
What's your story, Icepop?"

Try and get the popsicle to open up a little,  mostly in relation to her values and aspirations.
[Ed rolled 3+2+2empathy=7]
"Mate, it's Alison," she says. "I used to be a cellist in New Zealand. I'd been through a bad break up and I got myself froze in Christchurch. Now I wake up and it's the end of the world. I really messed up. I just wanted to avoid seeing Kev around town for a year. Now I'm on the wrong side of the freaking planet and everyone's a bloody mutant and all I can do is sweat diamonds which would be great if there was a blimmin economy left. I can't even play my cello as it was destroyed when some bloody robots attacked me back in London."

As they're talking the gate rumbles open to the town and a huge convoy of cars starts filing in. "Aw shit, it's that woman again," says Alison. "I'm getting out of view mate before I'm dragged into her bullshit war."

Deep in the Broads
”Here ya go”, Auze hands her the batteries, “You know, now that you've got the radios working on this end, let’s see if you can broadcast to the Tortler gun radio and back”. After testing this out, go and read some books on electrical generation and/or related subjects.
[Auze rolled 6+3+2wits=11]
They experiment with the radio, setting up an AM receiver. After some trying they tune into the radio gun and achieve a two-way communication.

"So long as I have the radio and you have the gun on you, we should be able to talk," says Auze's sister.

There's not many books in the base, but the family had managed to salvage some before they left. Auze spends some time studying and gets the principles of connecting up electrical generation: he could seek to restart one of the many power plants in the area or try to achieve limited power generation through hooking up a windmill, or a bicycle generator or perhaps salvage some solar panels... there are lots of possibilities.

As he's reading, his father and brother make up their mind to go to the Keep. No doubt they'll have more tasks for him if he runs into them there.

Electric Blues is complete. Auze gains +2 tallies.

Watton
"Oh shit!"
Hit the breaks and let the guy pass, then continue to Watton and drop the person off.
Help assist Dr. Burt with the driving, and reach my destination to be dropped off.
Dodge-roll out of the way of the truck, Jager’s start booting up his shadowjump to travel to Watton
[Burt rolled 5+2+2body+1karen=10]
[Jager rolled 6+3+3body=11]
"Lookout!" Karen points at the robot and Burt swerves the van, missing the robot. He rights the wheel and keeps on driving to Watton. Unseen behind them, Jager the killbot sinks into the shadows and steps out of a dark alleyway in Watton.

Soon after, the motorhome drives through the open gate of the walled neutral town. The old buildings have been knocked through and covered over into a ramshackled expanse of corrugated iron shacks. Smoke pours out workshops and the air is thick with the sound of industry. Robots, cyberbeasts, drones and even a few humans all move around in a flurry of activity.

In the centre of the town there's a man languishing in a cage. In front of one of the chop-shops, a 6-foot high yellow robo-dinosaur is in avid conversation with a squat drone with a television for a body.

"Don't kill anyone here," Rovin advises from the back of the vehicle, "They really bust your ghosts if you get what I mean."

Spooner Row
Place the Cloud Seeder in the Copse of trees to limit exposure
[Sandra rolled 5+2+2wits+1woods=10]
[Sandra rolled 2+5+2wits-1woods=8]
Sandra sneaks into the woods. She's pretty sure no one has seen her at it. She sets up the cloud seeder and it starts spewing a fine mist into the air. The thing is going to take ages and while she's standing near, the chemicals in the seed mix are bound to play havoc with her joints: she'll need to find somewhere else to hide while watching over the seeder.

Mission compromised! Take cover, and try to get down the chimney! Marie must still be inside, and we need to catch her before she either arms herself or escapes from the truck!
[P4 rolled 3+3+2body+1cat=9]
In the camp, P4 acts fast and dives into the chimney. He uses his cat-like flexibility to squeeze into the narrow space. But out of the gun fire and into the flames! At the base of the chimney there's a bed of hot coals. Not wishing any damage to his morph, he leaps out and into the trailer beyond. It's a workshop laid out with dozens of tools including a bench of half-completed bullets in front of a packet of gunpowder.  A thin Slavic woman in her mid-twenties with brunette hair and brilliant green eyes steps out of the darkness and jams a pipe rifle into P4's mouth. In less than a second she is going to pull the trigger.

P4 gains condition: gun in mouth. P4 is in a morph-threatening situation.

Laxfield
Darrin facepalms.
“Of all the stupid reasons to start up a tower...”
Then, he looks over the tower and Labyrinth with a critical eye, trying to figure out:
“So, guys, maybe going through the Labyrinth is a bad idea - but do you think we could go over it?
[Darrin rolled 2+3+1empathy+1london=7]
Balthazar looks at the labyrinth and the tower in the middle. "Undoubtedly there are great treasures within to entice us more... but it could be fatal... We will come back with a blimp and sail straight to the tower."

The drones are listening in. "THIS ISN'T VERY SPORTING OF YOU!" one of them booms. A tiny pellet hurtles down at Big Ben's feet, and he hops back. Dozens more drones buzz over and start blasting a barrage of projectiles at the feet of the party. Everyone begins pushed inexorably towards the archway of the labyrinth...

Mudflats -> Ipswich
(Can I get quest 3 changed to include the possibility of returning it to the person instead of to the location?  I might leave it somewhere else accessable and contact Mitchel via telepathy instead of going to that exact location.)
Sure. The wording is now "Return Mitchel's boat either to him or where you found it.".

Assess how long it is since last high tide.  High tides are twice a day, usually about 12 hours apart, with them sliding a bit later each day.  If it's eight hours to go to Ipswitch and back, the tide needs to have been draining less than four hours to make it, preferably two to be safe.  If it's been draining for more than two, I'll wait it out and try to get closer after the tide comes back.  If less, proceed to Ipswitch and see if I can enter.

Just try to act calm and act like a pilgrim or someone unaligned doing shopping if challenged.  Keep it low key unless recognized, and look for the resources I need for my first and second missions.
[Sandeep rolled 3+4+2wits=9]
[Sandeep rolled 3+2+2wits=7]
[Sandeep rolled 4+5+2wits=11]
Sandeep considers it best to just wait it out: if he were to miscalculate the tides, the boat could be left for ages. While he's preparing for the tide to return, a dark green silent drone with a long telescopic lens spies him in the distance before flying off again.

In time Sandeep chugs the boat alongside the water and up the river Orwell into the great town of Ipswich. It's a vast town almost as big as Norwich and in a similar state of disrepair. By the time he arrives, it's dark and there's a glow of lights from the very centre of town. As he's just scavenging for now, he decides to avoid the people. He scours the dark overgrown streets for an electronic outlet and at last, behind a tarnished statue of an old woman in a great coat, he finds a junk electronics store. With his immense strength, it is no challenge to get the door open and soon he finds himself sorting through appliances in the moonlight.

After nearly an hour of searching, he finds what he's looking for: a replacement cable for the laptop and a HAM radio! The cable is the correct voltage and should work fine on his boat, as will the radio. (Though he knows all the signal here will be jammed as its a radio dead zone!) As Sandeep creeps back to the marina where his boat is moored, he hears a voice shout from behind him.

There's a girl who can't be older than 12 or 13. Her face is pale in the moonlight and her red hair gleams. She's wearing plain workclothes and has a duffel bag over one shoulder.

"Hey mister!" she shouts. "I seen your boat. I need to get out of this stinking deadman town! Take me with you!"

Spoiler: Statue (click to show/hide)

Quest updated:

The Quest Log Has Been Updated!

Legend quest updated with Sandeep's last-seen location.

Human
Spoiler: The Keep (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Land Pirates (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Postwick Mob (click to show/hide)

Uploxed
Spoiler: Great Marmite League (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Legends (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TERRATERROR (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eyes of Gaia (click to show/hide)

Mutant
Spoiler: Walt Labs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Londoners (click to show/hide)

Neozombie

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 06:08:58 pm by notquitethere »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 15, 2019, 06:09:06 pm »

Spoiler: Dr. Amoretto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal Quests (click to show/hide)

Darrin stands his ground right up until the projectiles are inches from his feet, and then-
"Alright, we'll go in! But first, I have some questions!"
Let's see about asking about why the hell it seems like any and all Uploxed entertainment seems to resolve around killing humans - especially considering that they're (supposedly) human, too.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - Game Begins Early!
« Reply #276 on: December 15, 2019, 06:32:14 pm »

Spoiler: ForHire (click to show/hide)
”Now I need to find this damn Murdock, he better be willing if he cares for the rest of the years in his life”

Ask around town for this Murdok is and where he is located at with Jager’s efficient negotiation and streetwise skills as well as going to talk to the individual, for [Part 1 - Quantum Interpretation]
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 04:50:48 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 15, 2019, 07:02:36 pm »

The moment the gun barrel breached his mouth his jaw clamped down on it in a firm grip and he pushed into the Slavic woman, trying to rip the gun from her hands with a swift flick of his head. He prayed that it wouldn’t be loaded or that if it was, the motion of his pull didn’t cause her finger to depress the trigger.

Meanwhile, his speakers blared out two words during what might be the last two seconds of his morph’s life:
”OHSASAFRAS”
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Pokeboss44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - New Entrants x2
« Reply #278 on: December 15, 2019, 07:36:52 pm »

”Thanks for the drop off, now I’m going to go off in my way. Good luck with you.”

Karen sees the environment of the Watton, clearly a main hub where both Uploxed, human, and possibly mutants have a equal chance of opportunity for trading and talking with each other, a town of peace and sees this as a interesting place to gather stories for the Legends
Utilizing my profession as a journalist for experience try to collect stories, gossip, and contemporary news from Watton, preferably the yellow dinosaur and the squat television drone, as well as other passersby in the town

Spoiler: Karen Kablukov (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

Look for a nearby hill I can climb on to watch the Cloud Seder and Spooner Row from above

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hop on up to get a better view of the convoy,   then invite Alison to sign on as a partner in the merchant industry.  It's so rare to find someone  who knows the value of an economy. If she accepts, give her directions to the Esso shop, and have the offshoot work on the welcome mat. After that, head on down to Sudbury to [Restart the Business].
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 08:49:03 am by WyrdByrd »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Did that complete quest #2, finding a HAM radio?  Or do I need to get to base first?)

Mmmh, I'm sympathetic, but don't want to get involved.  And if a kid follows me, she could get caught up in the crossfire.  Or used as a hostage against me.

Not to mention she could be a plant or an assassin.  Or a bodysnatcher.

Or a decoy.

Get the five minute summary as to what the kid is from her.  Search her baggage to see what she's carrying and confiscate (temporarily) any weapons.

Try to ferret out if she's a hostile or being used as one.  If so, keep any weapons and leave the area, looking out for more unfriendlies.  If not, return any weapons and let her roll Empathy to see if she convinces me to take her along.  Give her a +1 bonus if she has any skills or equipment relevant to my goals or surviving independantly.

In either course, lets get heading back home.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 12:48:42 am by Devastator »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

(Did that complete quest #2, finding a HAM radio?  Or do I need to get to base first?)
Ah Yes, accidentally missed that.

Radio Free Wasteland has been completed. Sandeep gains +1 tally.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

”Thanks for the drop off, now I’m going to go off in my way. Good luck with you.”
"Your welcome, good luck with your thing."

Leave Watton and start heading for Castle Rising.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - more quests available
« Reply #284 on: December 16, 2019, 08:42:19 am »

Ben's all-too-brief grin of triumph quickly twists into a grimace as his compatriot topples into the truck's path.

"Hang on!", he shouts to them, adjusting his grip on the lash before throwing his weight back from the road in a desperate attempt to yank them out of the danger zone.

Quickly shout at the other pirate to hold on tight!

Tighten my grip on the lash, possibly wrapping it around a forearm or something, then lunge backwards, using all my strength - as well as my bodyweight, gravity and momentum - to pull them to safety before the truck can reach them.

Spoiler: Ben Lash (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27