Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29

Author Topic: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game  (Read 28860 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game
« Reply #240 on: January 22, 2020, 07:43:07 am »

My name is Robert Raphaël Silvester Ambrosius Costeau!
Here are my documents!
I am here to have some mysterious artifacts identified.

+1, but artifact, we only have one wrt9fwct, the sphere

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 22, 2020, 11:30:19 am »

Here are my documents!

+1, but artifact, we only have one wrt9fwct, the sphere
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 22, 2020, 11:32:15 am »

Here are my documents!

+1, but artifact, we only have one wrt9fwct artifact, the sphere
+1
No idea how/why autocorrect decided to scramble a word...

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 22, 2020, 11:57:46 am »

Here are my documents!

+1, but artifact, we only have one wrt9fwct artifact, the sphere
+1
No idea how/why autocorrect decided to scramble a word...
She writes it down in a ledger. ‘Nice name. Not from around here I think, correct me if I’m wrong.’
Here are my documents!
‘These... look... to be in order.’ She hands them back
I am here to have a mysterious artifact identified.
‘Righty. I’ll take You to Brenjhan, in that case.’
She leads You through the gates, and intk a Courtyard, through a door, through coridoor after coridoor after coridoor, until finally, You abruptly stop outside a wooden door with Professor Branjhen written on it. She knocks.
‘Come in.’
The voice is smooth and academic, with a slight accent. The door is opened. Inside, the office is small, with a window on one side and another door opposite You. A desk, surrounded by shelves and tables and cabinets on all sides, plays host to three chairs on Your side, and a tall, black-scaled Kobold on the other. He looks up from his writing, and His eyes light up.
‘It’s You! I thought You weren’t coming back. Please, take a chair, and I will make us some tea.’
He walks through the other door, beconing You to follow. The Lady who lead You in takes Her leave.

In the far room, You find a small whitewashed stone bedroom, with a small fireplace, a bed, and various bits of assorted detritus and furniture scattered throughout. A single glass window lets in a dim stream of light. As He pours some water from a bucket into a cast-iron kettle, He begins to talk.
‘So, Why did You come back? I distinctly recall that You intended to continue on to Surin.’

Wounds: 1
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 22, 2020, 12:03:18 pm »

“I lost my memory. What else do you know of me? Can you tell me what this is and what it does?” Show him the sphere

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 22, 2020, 12:04:34 pm »

Change of plans! You might have met me, but that me is no longer me! Now, I am Robert Raphaël Silvester Ambrosius Costeau! And I'm here to find out what this sphere thing is...
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 22, 2020, 06:48:06 pm »

Change of plans! You might have met me, but that me is no longer me! Now, I am Robert Raphaël Silvester Ambrosius Costeau! And I'm here to find out what this sphere thing is...
‘... What?’
“I lost my memory. What else do you know of me? Can you tell me what this is and what it does?” Show him the sphere
I lost my memory. What else do you know of me? Can you tell me what this is and what it does?
He puts the kettle down on the hearth, and sits down. He takes the Sphere. He thinks for a long while.
‘... Well. This was... not how I expected my afternoon to go.’

He stares at the Sphere for a few seconds, before turning back to You.

‘You came here looking for a book. Mysteries of the Witnesses was its name. You had been up and down the Graves in every City looking for a copy, and we checked the records, and we had one. When we looked, we couldn’t find it, but You insisted we not stop looking until every stone was unturned. We chatted a lot. You never said anything about what the book was for, or where You came from, or Who You were. You called Yourself Wander, but that was apparently just an epithet You took on. But You knew a great deal about the Unnatural Mysteries, and being my field of expertise, we had much to talk about in that regard. You had a few spells I added to the lists, and I gave You a few in exchange. You applied for Citizenship after a while. You paid for all the extra expenses we accrued looking for the book. In the end, we found it. In a locked box. Behind a wall, a fireplace, a room full of ancient, decayed traps, and a door which had been plastered over to look like the (stone!) wall. You paid every penny, and You headed out. And then You came back.’

He sighs.

‘As for... this...’

He nudges at the Sphere.

‘I have neither seen nor heard of anything like this before in My life. If You leave it with Me, I could do some sleuthing. The patterns would be a good starting point, methinks.’

He gets up to the tune of the whistling kettle, and pours out two cups of steaming hot tea.

‘Is there anything else I can help You with? My time is limited, but I definitely have one or two favours owed to You for those Spells.’

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 22, 2020, 07:57:50 pm »

Spells? What spells? Like magic spells? Magic spells coming from me? Oh! Was I an all-powerful mage?

Because I have forgotten everything related to that

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 22, 2020, 08:11:20 pm »

Spells? What spells? Like magic spells? Magic spells coming from me? Oh! Was I an all-powerful mage?

+1
Because I forgot, will you retract me some spells I apparently taught you?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 23, 2020, 03:22:02 am »

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 23, 2020, 03:58:28 am »

+1
+1
Spells? What spells? Like magic spells? Magic spells coming from me? Oh! Was I an all-powerful mage?”

“Because I have forgotten everything related to that.

‘As Magicians go, I have reason to believe that You were indeed very Powerful. Perhaps You still have that spark.’

Ha grabs a chair and sits You down on it, throws a sod of peat on the fire and hands You a cup of tea.

‘Grab some milk if You take it. Now. Let’s start with some basics.’

He straightens his back, and cracks his knuckles.

‘The casting of Spells is done through many, many methods, however, there are two main requirements. The first is intention: you will never cast a Spell if You don’t intend to cast one. The second is artistic skill. Not necessarily skill with a painter’s brush, however; many things count as art. Words, music, singing, dancing, even martial arts, all can be used to cast a Spell. Words are the most common and precise method, but the others are far more interesting, though that’s not a popular opinion in academic circles. The main difference between the methods is that some are better suited to casting certain spells than others; a common spell of healing is to paint specific patterns and symbols on a piece of cloth, which You then use as a bandage. When You unwrap it, wounds heal. Simple as that. But, if You try to sing to the bandage to make it heal the wound, You’ll have very, very different results. I could give a deluge of examples and Spells, but I shaln’t bore You with that. As long as You intend to cast the spell, and You follow rough guidlines, the spell will be cast, and that’s the important bit. The more Powerful and specific the spell, the longer, more complex, and more specific the process to cast it becomes. Many of the most Powerful spells need many casters, many various objects assembled in certain ways, and the more awful the consequences if something goes wrong.

He sits down.

‘So? Do You want to learn some Spells through Words, or is there something else You’d like to utilize? Be warned, casting spells with Your words is a very easy and quick way to lose Your voice. And do drink Your tea before it gets cold.’

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 23, 2020, 07:57:42 am »

Drink some of that tea
First off, I want to get rid of this nasty, nasty wound.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 23, 2020, 08:00:13 am »

Drink some of that tea
+1 But don't drink the tea, EAT the tea I don't care how we do it, just eat it!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 23, 2020, 08:22:57 am »

Drink some of that tea
+1, let’s drink the tea and try to heal our neck wound

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 23, 2020, 10:48:06 am »

Drink some of that tea
+1 But don't drink the tea, EAT the tea I don't care how we do it, just eat it!
Drink some of that tea
+1, let’s drink the tea and try to heal our neck wound
He leans in to inspect Your wound.
‘Well, if You let me have a loo- Shit of a Bastard Fish, how are You still alive!?’

He takes a minute to get a good look at the Wound. You can’t see it, and You haven’t looked in a Mirror for as long as You can remember, but as He traces along what You assume is the wound, You feel Him cover mlre than a third of Your neck.

‘I’ve never seen a Wound this big on a neck that still worked. This is amazing.’

He sits back down for a second as You munch on Your teacup, spilling tea absolutely everywhere. The actual tea proves difficult to eat, since it just goes straight down the gob without allowing the teeth to prove a sufficient enough obstacle for proper munching, and despite Your best efforts, Your teacup doesn’t want to be eaten, and remains subbornly solid.

‘... I know You have amnesia, but that’s not how You drink... anything. If You’re... uh... up for it, how’s about I give You a lesson on healing? Any medium You want. I did a lesson on interpritive dance a few weeks ago. And, uh... for the future, most Pople find tea much nicer with a bit of milk.’

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29