Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29

Author Topic: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game  (Read 28870 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Of Ghosts and Whispers: a Suggestion game
« Reply #270 on: January 25, 2020, 09:51:03 pm »

Compromise.

Drink all the milk, then drink all the tea.
I actually like this better
+1
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 26, 2020, 09:57:24 am »

Compromise.

+1
+1

Why would anyone put milk in tea, do they want to ruin it or something?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 26, 2020, 04:52:27 pm »

Well, when I first woke up from whatever gave me my amnesia, this orb was one of the first things I found. I was in a stone tower of sorts. Someone referred to it as a shrine. I thought this orb was some conduit of power, but now I’m not so sure. You seem like the folks who would find out what it does. I’ll probably find another one during my travels

Solid summing up, +1

But just drink our tea like a normal person this time. Put a little milk in it.
Compromise.

+1
+1

Why would anyone put milk in tea, do they want to ruin it or something?
Well, when I first woke up from whatever gave me my amnesia, this orb was one of the first things I found. I was in a stone tower of sorts. Someone referred to it as a shrine. I thought this orb was some conduit of power, but now I’m not so sure. You seem like the folks who would find out what it does. I’ll probably find another one during my travels.

He listens intently whilst badly hiding how much He’s judging Your tea-drinking preferences.

‘You didn’t need to tell me- Hang on, actually, I’ve heard of that Place. The government of Kesch built it back when they could still afford to Build things. At least century and a half ago, I think. The Shrine is notorious for drawing in some of the more... zealous of the Burning Warden’s followers, usually before running deadlong down the least steep slope they see and getting killed before they reach the bottom. His followers are dedicated to Monster-hunting, which is why they never survive around here, even the moderates. It’s usually The Night Crawlers or Spiders that do them in. I’m getting carried away, aren’t I. You weren’t an avid Fan of The Gods before You left. You were very superstitious, but then I’ve never met anyone who travelled for long and wasn’t superstitious. You respected them, feared them, but You also openly despised them. It was entertaining to watch, if I’ll be honest.’

He takes a peek out the window, only to jump in shock as he notices how dark it’s gotten.

‘How long have I been talking for? Ancestors forgive me, if I keep on going, I’ll talk my own head off. I’ll make this bit quick. If You’re happy with this, I’ll take the Orb, and I’ll try to find out what it is. I’ll have to sart taking notes. It certainly looks like the kind of object that could be a conduit of some form, but then, it looks like a lot of things. I don’t trust the couriers to get a message through to You so come back on...’

He takes out a piece of cloth covered in grids and lays it out on the table. He points to one that says ‘Saturday’.

‘I’m busy all day tomorrow and Monday through the afternoon, the door locks on monday mornings... so come back in tuesday afternoon, and I’ll tell You anything I’ve found. Sound okay?’

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spellcasting (click to show/hide)
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 26, 2020, 05:03:06 pm »

"Try not to get dramatically killed for the orb. It would be a pain to have to track it down. Do you know anywhere that a hobo with citizen papers can sleep without getting stabbed in the neck?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 27, 2020, 05:59:29 am »

"Try not to get dramatically killed for the orb. It would be a pain to have to track it down. Do you know anywhere that a hobo with citizen papers can sleep without getting stabbed in the neck?"
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 27, 2020, 06:16:03 pm »

+1
[“color=navy]Try not to get dramatically killed for the orb. It would be a pain to have to track it down. Do you know anywhere that a hobo with citizen papers can sleep without getting stabbed in the neck?[/color]”
‘Well, there’s three soup Kitchens, and they all have sleeping areas a-‘

There’s a moment of silence as the penny drops.

‘... right. Well. I... I don’t know. Most People’d throw You out if You asked for a bed, since that’s usually a prelude to assasination. The Inns are all... no, actually, You could go to the Brass Lamp. Uhm... here...’

He takes out a purse, and rifles through it, before emptying it out onto the table, revealing it to be completely empty. After a bit of rifling around in his pockets, He finally finds a few coins and beads, and a shard of greenish-blue crystal. He hands You a silver coin.

‘The Brass Lamp is off the main square, down Rook street. There’s no sign, just a Brass Lantern hanging over the door. You can’t miss it.’

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 03:28:29 am by Imic »
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 27, 2020, 07:32:45 pm »

<We dance magic’d that 1 wound away, no?>
Take coin
Thank’s buddy. Hopefully that orb won’t open a gateway to some hell dimension!
Go to Brass Lantern

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 27, 2020, 07:35:12 pm »

"People ask for a bed before assassinating someone? What a strange custom. Thanks for the money, by!"

Lets go to our friends back at the soup kitchen and tell them of this wonderful safe place!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 27, 2020, 09:39:36 pm »

Take coin
Go to Brass Lantern
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 28, 2020, 02:53:36 am »

Take coin
Go to Brass Lantern
+1
+1

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 28, 2020, 03:27:28 am »

Thank You for pointing that out, that’s an error on My part.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 29, 2020, 06:37:01 am »

Take coin
Go to Brass Lantern
+1
+1
Thanks buddy. Hopefully that orb won’t open a gateway to some hell dimension!

‘Heh... maybe. Maybe not. I will find out though, believe You Me. Even if I have to climb the Mountain where the old speech was first carved. Heh. Heh...’

You leave His office, and enter the darkening streets of High Lent. The rooftops of buildings higher up on the slope of the hill loom over You, the sun having disappeared behind the vast, crooked Castle at the Hill’s peak. Greencloaks pass You by, carrying lit lanterns to be hung on crooked, ancient metal posts that occasionally line the streets. The square with the Hangman’s arch is mostly empty, though a fresh body now hangs from one of the nooses. The stink of rotting flesh makes You gag as You pass it by. You pass by the street sign saying Rook street. The wall it’s attatched to has a mural of a rook painted over the whitewash. Finally, the smell of Peat-smoke fills the air as You come to a building taller and wider than those on either side, with a gated arch at one end of the facade and a set of stairs leading to a wooden doorway at the other, a small brass lantern hanging over it. Thin, glass windows cover the upper floors, and at least three chimneys extend from the rooftop. You open the door, and enter.

Warm air fills Your face as You enter the building, leaving the cold streets behind You. You’re at the side of a long, rectangular common room with a tall, roughly vaulted ceiling and whitewashed walls, dimly lit by a peat fire at one end and what little light comes from a few small windows looking onto the street. It’s furnished few long tables and accompanying benches filling the centre of the room. There’s only a few People here right now, gathered together at the same table and chatting between themselves over plates of stew and mugs of alcohol. Sitting at the far side of the room from You behind a wooden counter, reading a leather-bound book, is a Seven-or-eight foot tall Giant in a massive brown coat, with a full beard and short hair, streaked with black and white. He notices You enter, raises a hand in greeting, and returns to His book immediately.

You aren’t that hungry, but You have the noticable echo of Hunger yet-to-be before it arrives. You’re so full of tea and milk, however, that You don’t feel thirsty at all. It’s warm in here, and the smell of peatsmoke and cooking food fills the cosy atmosphere with an inviting sense of safety.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 29, 2020, 09:45:12 am »

Hi Ho! I, Robert Raphaël Silvester Ambrosius Costeau, was recommended this fine establishment on the basis that it lacks crazy people who would stab others in the neck. I hope the review from the kind professor is true. Anyway, I am here for food and room and definitely not knives in the neck.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 29, 2020, 09:49:01 am »

Hi Ho! I, Robert Raphaël Silvester Ambrosius Costeau, was recommended this fine establishment on the basis that it lacks crazy people who would stab others in the neck. I hope the review from the kind professor is true. Anyway, I am here for food and room and definitely not knives in the neck.

Aye, that'll do fine. +1
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 29, 2020, 09:51:59 am »

Aye, that'll do fine. +1
+1
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29