Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 423828 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

House arrest is basically a gulag, after all.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

How can people be so stupid? Gulags were labor camps right? This is not anything like a gulag

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

People flouting the rules should totally be sent to labor camps.

I favor the Uranium mines of Bulgaria myself
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

An example is this article, which seems reasonable when you read it, up to the point where he claims the state labor government is like the 'politburo', and if you click the author's name the most recent article he's written is about how Trump's speech was a masterwork compared to Biden's lame attempt. Naturally, this paper is owned by Rupert Murdoch. So you can take this article at face value i guess but ... trump-loving Rupert Murdoch-paid opinion columnist.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/commentary/desperate-daniel-andrews-has-only-himself-to-blame/news-story/e2b6137d6dcbad3aaf1a2a45d64d6d6f

(EDIT: looking through some of the guy's backlog of stories, it seems he had some ones poking fun at Trump a while ago, but I'm guessing the FOX/Newscorp actual politburo had a word to him, and the more recent stories are all 100% Trump-to-Victory kind of stuff).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 05:03:50 pm by Reelya »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

How can people be so stupid? Gulags were labor camps right? This is not anything like a gulag

People are being made to work from home! Where all their entertainment is and they can’t use it! Torture!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

People are being made to work from home! Where all their entertainment is and they can’t use it! Torture!
*scrolls Bay12 while watching my outbox send work email*
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

To be honest, if we continue working from home on jobs that can be done remotely after COVID, the chance of a new pandemic will dwindle since less people will be moving from place to place at a given time

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heading quickly towards the Spacer society rather than the Caves Of Steel one!

(Wait, the Spacers had weakened disease resitance, due to their overly isolationist attitudes.  Darnit, stuck in a immunological paradox!)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

(Wait, the Spacers had weakened disease resitance, due to their overly isolationist attitudes.  Darnit, stuck in a immunological paradox!)
More like The Time Machine, honestly.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile

Seveneves?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

@Naxza, I understand the pain there. One of our brothers is not allowed to see us in person because *we know* that he doesn't social distance properly. Luckily, he doesn't try and visit very often. It sucks, yeah. Wishing you a healthy, quarantined winter. And TBH, I allow myself going out for coffee in person. Yes, it's a risk, but it helps mentally, and I don't have any pre-existing conditions. Maybe allow yourself one thing if it's really getting down on you. I hope your lunch went well. :)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Going out to a pub, sitting outside on the terrace is probably less of a risk then going out to the supermarket to get your groceries.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Eh, better grocery stores are offering curbside pickup or delivery, some as close to contact-less as they can get. Going into a supermarket right now if you have means of doing otherwise is fucking stupid, but, y'know, decent odds you can just not do that. Outside pub might be relatively alright (though, of course, strictly worse than just... not.), but plenty of 'em just don't really have much of that.

In other news, apparently CNN is reporting some of the sacks of shit in the white house are now outright saying they expect fucking everybody in the US to catch the plague. So stateside folks hold on to your ass even more, we're approaching 200k dead and that's probably only going to be about a tenth of it before this administration finishes playing fucking plague bringer with the country.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Ordering from supermarkets online is something a lot of people cannot afford.  Higher prices, plus having to order large amounts at once just does not play well with those on the low-income side of society.

Contact tracement revealed the vast majority of infections to occur at home and at work.  Pubs and bars only account for a very small percentage.

Last week, a new rule was added that you cannot gather in a house / appartment with more than 6 people (unless more than 6 people are living there).  Our prime minister added the request to please use bars and pubs instead with that rule, because those are better equipped to manage social distancing for larger groups.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

An example is this article, which seems reasonable when you read it, up to the point where he claims the state labor government is like the 'politburo', and if you click the author's name the most recent article he's written is about how Trump's speech was a masterwork compared to Biden's lame attempt. Naturally, this paper is owned by Rupert Murdoch. So you can take this article at face value i guess but ... trump-loving Rupert Murdoch-paid opinion columnist.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/commentary/desperate-daniel-andrews-has-only-himself-to-blame/news-story/e2b6137d6dcbad3aaf1a2a45d64d6d6f

(EDIT: looking through some of the guy's backlog of stories, it seems he had some ones poking fun at Trump a while ago, but I'm guessing the FOX/Newscorp actual politburo had a word to him, and the more recent stories are all 100% Trump-to-Victory kind of stuff).

Article is paywalled.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 459