Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 423802 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19:Mutating into COVID-21 Edition
« Reply #5055 on: January 30, 2021, 12:51:19 pm »

That is what they want you to believe, your friend in fact has been replaced by a clone that operates with 5G virus waves that do the biding of the underground lizard pedophiles that use amazon shipping to import tracking devices made of ikea furniture to..... fuck. Being crazy is hard.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: January 30, 2021, 01:27:53 pm »

That is what they want you to believe, your friend in fact has been replaced by a clone that operates with 5G virus waves that do the biding of the underground lizard pedophiles that use amazon shipping to import tracking devices made of ikea furniture to..... fuck. Being crazy is hard.
Damn, that's come crazy conspiracy theory there man. Every sane person knows the lizard people are surface dwellers, they don't live underground.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: January 30, 2021, 01:41:47 pm »

A friend of mine who is a neurologist at a hospital in my area, had her 1st shot a few weeks ago. She had no side effects except the pretty standard minor bruising around the injection spot.

She's getting her second dose coming week, let's hope she doesn't have your experience.

How was your first shot?
First shot no symptoms whatsoever. Not even local pain unless I poked.

Got the second shot on thursday, started spiking that night, and on Friday I spent most of the day unable to walk very far away from bed. I started to be truly well today at noon.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 01:44:54 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: January 30, 2021, 03:37:57 pm »

Are things better over there martinuzz?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: January 30, 2021, 03:45:13 pm »

The rioting continued for about 4 days (well not in my city, but in various places around the country). The past few days were mostly without incident, and some arrests were made across the country, for inciting to riot on social media, or for being recognized on video as being a rioter.

For tomorrow however, there's another 2 banned demonstrations in my town. Pegida, against moslims, and a general anti-lockdown demo, just like last week when it escalated into riots.  We'll see how it goes this week.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: January 30, 2021, 06:46:44 pm »

For tomorrow however, there's another 2 banned demonstrations in my town. Pegida, against moslims, and a general anti-lockdown demo, just like last week when it escalated into riots.  We'll see how it goes this week.

Sorry to hear that. Good luck.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: January 31, 2021, 06:58:31 am »

I hope things don't escalate again tonight. The mayor of Apeldoorn has declared an emergency decree for the entire city, all entry and exit points to the city will be strip searching people for weapons and sending people away that don't have a legit reason to be in Apeldoorn.
Yesterday, the police raided an illegal party in a warehouse in Apeldoorn. 40 people were fined. The partygoers didn't go down peacefully, they turned on the police.

Amsterday yet again declared the Museumplein area to be high-risk area, and in my city we'll have to wait and see if enough of the rioters are still in prison to discourage others to come riot (many still are in a police cell since last week, the youngest being 14 years).

EDIT: meanwhile in Brussels, 100s of people have been arrested for illegally protesting against corona measures. Most of the arrestees are football hooligans.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 07:10:53 am by martinuzz »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: January 31, 2021, 07:59:15 am »

Back in my natal city a whole family died of covid, both parents of 33 years old each, a girl teen of 17 and boy twins of 4. All, fucking, death. 47 days ago the wife was diagnosed with covid but she did not said anything.

Its too long to translate for me rigth now, use google translate if you like. But long history short the wife got sick and did not said anything, 47 days latter she, her husband and all children are dead. Most likely she was afraid of being confined into a "health camp" here.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: January 31, 2021, 08:17:04 am »

Fuck, that's terrible
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: January 31, 2021, 08:27:11 am »

Horrible and scary. Were they infected with the original strain, or with the new Manaus variant?
So many people of such a young age dying would be a far statistical outlier for the original strain's lethality rates.
The Manaus variant is presumed to be somewhat more dangerous to younger people, but even then it would be an outlier.

It is possible that the afflicted family had a genetic mutation themselves that makes them more vulnerable.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 08:28:47 am by martinuzz »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: January 31, 2021, 08:44:03 am »

i.e. One of the parents and thus the children, the other just being also unlucky/unrelatedly[1] susceptible I suppose... Just to head off the obvious stereotype.

(Maybe revealed in the untranslated article, but if both parents got hit hard and the girl then had been suffering herself, scared of opening up to anyone, stressed by this and having to also care for the twins, who might have been hard to care for then the compromised health/environment might have made for a perfect storm even in the younger individuals, the full details of which might not be easily/readily/tactfully reported. It makes a better cautionary tale in its simplicity, though, without hurting the victims further and possibly doing some good as a warning example, so I see no problem in (currently) missing out the nuances for the headline story.)

[1] Non-trivially, anyway.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: January 31, 2021, 08:56:45 am »

That was not my intention.

I just expressed concern at the extreme lethality.  Let's hope this isn't the new standard for a mutated strain.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: January 31, 2021, 09:10:39 am »

The teen girl is reported to be "special" mentally. Most likely dawn or something.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: January 31, 2021, 09:20:02 am »

That was not my intention.
Sorry, no accusation made. Just an idle personal observation trying to put to bed the other conclusion that might be had.

And if I'm the only person whose mind vaguely leant in that direction, full apologies for even raising the matter!

(Statistically speaking, we could just be looking at a perfect confluence of bad luck. Young children have been known to die, teens have been known to die, adults obviously have. One family in <whatever your arbitrarily sampled size is> families in total, the vast majority of whom are not anywhere near as noteworthy, has found themselves at the sharp end of a probability curve. Because someone has to be the ultimate outlier.)

@LB: Down('s) Syndrome, I presume you're refering to? That could easily be a complicating factor. If not clinically, then situationally. Without wishing to wildly speculate (too late for that!) various experiences in bringing up their girl could have pushed the mother/parents away from help-seeking, or persuaded them that they didn't need to. And maybe, without bad luck, they'd even have been happily right.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19:One year of this terror Edition
« Reply #5069 on: January 31, 2021, 10:00:21 am »

Yeah, but all it says is the girl had a neurological condition and had the mind of a small child.

Like you said maybe not biological but situational issues arised from that.

I can't even picture the fridge horror those parents had dying thinking about their children being left alone.... fuck. Horror stuff for my nigthmares, like if they needed more.
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 459