Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 421422 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread: COVID-19:Mutating into COVID-21 Edition
« Reply #5040 on: January 28, 2021, 05:23:34 pm »

In many places they anal swab EVERY inpatient to look for CPE. My guess is that China is likely just swabbing people who would get an anal swab anyway, rqther than butt-sticking randos
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: January 29, 2021, 05:04:47 am »

Some slightly positive news for our bars and restaurants today.
A property owner had gone to court, to ask permission to evict two bars / restaurants, because they hadn't paid rent in months.
The bar and restaurant's defense in court was they didn't pay the rent because of corona (bars and pubs were closed during the first lockdown, briefly re-opened in summer, and closed again in october, so yeah, duh, they can't pay rent because they have had zero income for about a year now)
The judge ruled that they cannot be evicted, and also ruled that the property owner can only charge half of the normal rent for as long as the lockdown continues.

This verdict will have massive consequences, all bars and pubs can now demand their rent is halved. Perhaps all retail stores too, although those have only been closed for a few months now.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 05:12:03 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: January 29, 2021, 06:05:54 am »

Good news for those people who are afraid of having things shoved up their nose and throat!
In North China, people are now being tested for corona anally.
According to Chinese scientist, using anal samples can detect corona in people who tested negative on throat and nose swabs.

Inb4 Biden opens up Area51 to the public as emergency anal probing centre

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: January 29, 2021, 07:54:12 am »

Really, if they were putting tracking devices anywhere, your colon is a really good place to put them. They can track so many things from your offput that they couldn't if it was under your skin
Love, scriver~

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: January 29, 2021, 09:45:15 am »

Nah, to withstand the extreme wear and tear it'd have to be too robust to be economical. Subdermal wouldn't have to withstand nearly as much periodic traumatic force as intra-anal.

Here in kangaroo land we're holding out well against further waves. I'm sad we've paused the travel bubble with the kiwis, but I'm hopeful we'll be back to importing half their population over here soon.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: January 29, 2021, 10:31:41 am »

I thought it would only be in hospitals but for what Im seeing they are serious about anal probing random bystanders
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: January 29, 2021, 10:48:31 am »

You've got to have a hobby...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: January 29, 2021, 11:16:16 am »

If I want to see Uranus I use a telescope, not a probe. How disgusting.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: January 29, 2021, 11:49:55 am »

I thought it would only be in hospitals but for what Im seeing they are serious about anal probing random bystanders
Makes sense, if those tests are indeed capable of letting less infections slip through unnoticed, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole world switches to anal testing as the standard.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: January 30, 2021, 02:26:18 am »

The Greys had it right all along!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: January 30, 2021, 02:57:04 am »

This is the doing of the LIZARD MEN that run the government, they just love sticking shit into peoples asses, those sick lizard fucks!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: January 30, 2021, 11:47:50 am »

Mother in law had Pfizer dose 1 today. So far, she hasn't turned into a Microsoft KillbotTM.
This is a blank sig.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: January 30, 2021, 11:52:02 am »

The Pfizer vaccine seems to be doing it's job as well as predicted by the testing phase. 92% Effectiveness in Israel, where nearly a third of the population has been vaccinated (about 18% received their second dose by now).

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: January 30, 2021, 12:33:26 pm »

I strongly recommend to stockpile food, paracetamol, and ibuprofen  if you're getting the pfizer vaccine, esp the second shot. There's a  good chance you wont be doing very much for 1 or 2 days

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: January 30, 2021, 12:41:32 pm »

A friend of mine who is a neurologist at a hospital in my area, had her 1st shot a few weeks ago. She had no side effects except the pretty standard minor bruising around the injection spot.

She's getting her second dose coming week, let's hope she doesn't have your experience.

How was your first shot?

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 459