Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 459

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 423707 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turns out the while covid thing was just Microsoft-guy's secret plot to turn us all into catgirls

The jokes on him... Watashi wa neko desu, nyo!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

Turns out the while covid thing was just Microsoft-guy's secret plot to turn us all into catgirls

The jokes on him... Watashi wa neko desu, nyo!

Then you get turned into a girlcat.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

The past two weeks every other day some acquaintance or friend have lost someone to covid.

There seems to be a near chance for us to get the russian vaccine. I hope we can get it before they start rolling the cuban "vaccine" which they pretend to give out massively soon.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 10:20:27 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The past two weeks every other day some acquaintance or friend have lost someone to covid.

:( at that rate I bet they weren't all that old. Yet shitheads will joke about me wearing a mask at my job, outside, like the rules actually prescribe to anybody entering the area... Ugh there it is, the consqeuence of our indifference. And I'm here procrastinating getting a vaccine just because I realized that like allmost everybody I know IRL ignored the option to get vaccinated in some thougtless manner or another, and like, if whichever trends wane off and the wind suddenly turns, I wanna be in that one control group an not the other :( simply because all my IRL contacts are in that one group. I especially don't want to be the healthiest MF around and forced to fake emphaty to any close ones who missed their invitation... Ugh I don't even know if mine is still valid :(.

I think there is enough vaccines out allready that there is no reason to be biased against a cuban one, other than less stats being available about it. I doesn't seem to be a near impossible task, rather reproducable. I think the invitations they give out here make it such that there is different vaccines given to people in the same household. And that doesn't seem like the worst idea to me, eventhough IDK if it's just a rumor or actual policy.
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In fact drag most of them werent that old. I mean some were younger than me, incluiding a children.

The issue with the cuban vaccine is they fist brought the russian one, and then they said that vaccine is only for the people with the party ID... and then they said, hey, for everyone else (ie everyone NOT in the party) we are bringing the cuban one.

By chance of getting the russian vaccine I mean I'll be able to bribe someone so we can get it without actually having to join the political party.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Tbh I think there's reason to be biased in favor of vaccines with more evidence and info available, regardless of where they are from. Plain truth is, i didn't even know that there was a Cuban vaccine, and common sense suggests that they probably don't have the capacity to run trials to the same scale larger countries or large pharmaceutical conglomerates can. So, even though I have nothing in particular against Cuban science, I think  it's not unreasonable for Baal to prefer to get the Russian one (or, for that matter, to prefer one of the mRNA vaccines over either, if given the choice)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

There's considerable evidence that only a few plants are making a version of the Sputnik vaccine that actually works. Tests have shown that the stuff coming from South Korea (which is good) isn't remotely the same stuff others are getting. This is why there's major outbreaks in several countries with high vax rates.

With that in mind, I'd be very suspicious of a vaccine made in a country with even fewer resources. Cuba has a surprisingly capable homegrown research setup, but still.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Imagine for a moment that Biden says, hey here is this vaccine for everyone... which is in the democrat party.... and then there is this one for the republicans and everyone else.

Wouldn't you be even a bit suspicious...

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

Cuba has a surprisingly capable homegrown research setup, but still.

I thought Cuban healthcare was relatively robust, in spite of US embargo.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On one of the bridges from Colombia to Venezuela it says Venezuela is a world superpower.... you would not actually believe that would you?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

Cuba has a pretty solid medical setup for the resources available to them. That doesn't necessarily equip them to handle something this new this fast.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, the point is that is pretty obvious, for the reasons that might be, is not much believable Cuba could have developed a safe and/or effective vaccine so soon, but that's beyond the point. I think they have accepted it's going to be a large trial with us.

Even if Maduro says they are taking whatever and shooting everyone else with Pfizer, it's more than a little suspicious and worrisome why they are segregating who they vaccine with what.

EDIT: For clearness.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 05:25:06 pm by LordBaal »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

I got my first jab yesterday (technically it's after midnight, so day before yesterday), finally.  Woo!

Would have been sooner, but for months I was feeling like I shouldn't take a dose that other people could use.  And then for a lot of last month I was in a really weird state.

I did instantly feel more focused once I got the Moderna, which was obviously just relief from being so afraid of the, ah, needle.

It was barely noticeable, like the flu shot!  Nothing to be afraid about.  It's such a strange phobia...  I think wearing my mask helped.  With my eyes closed and mask on, I was able to be somewhere else.  Seriously, I barely felt it happen.  My hands were literally jittering as I filled out the intake form, at my local hardware store.  I was so anxious.  But it was nothing.

It was mildly more sore than any other flu vaccine, I think, but my mom insisted on visiting and giving me some offbrand advil which took the edge off.  I shouldn't have waited so long.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I imagine that part of the reason you barely felt it is that the injection personnel have been getting a lot of practice lately.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

So in a bit of a hillarious twist the vaccination situation in the Balkans has been completely flipped on its head.

From the initial panic due to lack of vaccines, the shitshows that happened in procuring laughably small stocks of said vaccines to now having countries like Serbia and Croatia offering literal money to people if they go and get their shots, all in a span of less than a year.

There's even a report of some guy in Serbia going around and getting 6 shots just to collect the incentive 6 times, which, for their economic situation turns out to be a fairly sizeable chunk of money.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 459