Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 264

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 418560 times)

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #2640 on: December 20, 2022, 12:16:52 pm »

lol your reaction, Bralbaard. I debated whether to ask you to hold off on announcing/putting Deephalls on the map, but I figured it'd show anyway and people would wonder and badger you about it.

Anyway, the method was thanks to Unraveller. I'd tried it in test saves before, but it doesn't let me
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It looks like I have 2 months to learn how to build roads in Adventure Mode so I can make a road between the two. And maybe even more roads elsewhere.

PS: I propose Treatyseed by considered a community fort, I'm not especially attached, I did it for testing/curiosity purposes, as well as to get some of the shinies to the surface. There's still stuff in the depths, I specifically didn't bring to the surface the stuff on the pedestals, which might be valuable (steel? adamantine? gem axes? I honestly don't know, I left them there). Also to clear the corpses and thralls. Corpses still exist in caves, but not in the fortress proper (until the next adventurer or overseer arrives, at least).

Also, fun thing, some might not know or notice, all or most of the NPC fortresses around Treatyseed do not have an above entrance, only Treatyseed does. They're only connected by the deep roads. That's pretty cool, but also annoying as an adventurer both above and below, because you can't access them from above and you can't escape the deep roads from below unless it's through the capital.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 12:31:36 pm by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: December 20, 2022, 03:58:44 pm »

I've downloaded the save.

I am not sure how much time I will have with work and Christmas. Could I be cheeky and request an extended turn over festive period?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: December 20, 2022, 04:49:03 pm »

Fine with me.
And enjoy the festivities!

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: December 21, 2022, 11:26:31 am »

This is an interesting family, I don't remember them being in Iroram at all, but apparently the patriarch made an artifact statue there. I just appointed Kumil in all the positions because I needed a bookkeeper and trader, then gave her that villa that I built on a whim when she became a mayor. They even had time to make a baby in my new fort. It's really interesting that they survived both Iroram and Northmanor to live in luxury now. If I knew her whole story, I'd have made her daughter (who came on her own) a floor on the villa for her and her husband to sleep there.

What... is this?

Re: Moldath kesperan: It would be interesting if characters could adopt.

To me, at least, it looks like a weird experiment someone did. But now that I think about it, I think you can link creature family ties through gui/gm-editor. I never tried it, but I think I could see the concept could be implemented through one of its options.

I've noticed a curious thing with the hillock humans Lurker interacted with. About half of them owed their allegiance solely to the High Confederacies. So there are these hundred of humans, half of them going "Adilatír hillocks? What's that, mate? I'm a confederate fellar, no two ways about it." living in an Adilatír hillock. Some few others do consider themselves part of Adilatír, but have High Confederacies roots (best seen through religions spawned in THC).

And the butterflies are flapping their wings. Tiqua Rilstudori was infected by Hannibal, became Sacred Evenness, was called to the capital, married and got culled by me.

Something else I can't explain at this moment is that many Sacred Evenness of Evost Dèg come from the High Confederacies. This is weird, because you'd expect they'd grab from the Adilatír pool, like it happens with Barons etc.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 09:33:58 pm by Lurker Z »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: December 21, 2022, 12:19:43 pm »

Fine with me.
And enjoy the festivities!

Thanks Bralbaard. I’ve played for a couple of hours and no crashes. Saving often!

What... is this?

Umm, nothing to see here, just a human couple who adopted a reptile man baby who wanted to bring peace to the world! Interestingly, Gezt had four totally regular human siblings. Before he was horribly burned to death.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 09:03:19 pm by kesperan »

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: December 26, 2022, 09:33:29 am »

I've found some incidental information. Warshrieks has not been visited in Legends Viewer since 904 even as it has 30 resident dwarves, while Iroram continues to be visited (and visitable). So does Duskhome, so that's not much to go on, but it's an interesting lead if nothing else.

Well, here's article 1001, the lizard girl's family. I suspect much modding was put into this. I also suspect Spibsa and Ulde are twins (does vanilla even have twins?). Two of them worship Gopet, so that's going to progress interestingly.

How's the turn going, kesperan?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: December 26, 2022, 01:32:22 pm »

Vanilla has twins, they're just not common among the playable races.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: December 26, 2022, 11:04:54 pm »

Like a year later IRL and probably a hundred in game, I just realized that I can use unretire-anyone to snag the law-giver of the Knowing Deceiver from the glitched camp where she currently resides. That means I can complete Dreamypuzzled's quest to complete his soul and reclaim the title of law-giver. Is Dreamypuzzled still alive after all this time? If so, can I have a turn?

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: December 26, 2022, 11:27:18 pm »

What glitched camp are you talking about?

0769-07-27 In 769, early autumn, (27th of Limestone) Ngoso started working from The Intricate Fortress of  The Knowing Deceiver in Stealmountain.

Ah, it looks like the one you're talking about was killed by one of Fidale's traveling companions.

Dreamypuzzled is still alive in Dreadruled. She/"He" fought in 8 battles defending it.

0754-11-26 In 754, midwinter, (26th of Opal) Dreamypuzzled settled in Dreadruled. change hf state
0757-04-16 In 757, early summer, (16th of Hematite) Dreamypuzzled fought in The Dangerous Assaults an assault on Dreadruled. battle fought
0759-07-24 In 759, early autumn, (24th of Limestone) Dreamypuzzled fought in The Violent Onslaught of Chucking an assault on Dreadruled. battle fought
0769-07-08 In 769, early autumn, (8th of Limestone) Dreamypuzzled fought in The Attack of Searing an assault on Dreadruled. battle fought
0770-10-10 In 770, early winter, (10th of Moonstone) Dreamypuzzled fought in The Fist-onslaught of Gripping an assault on Dreadruled. battle fought
0798-03-08 In 798, late spring, (8th of Felsite) Dreamypuzzled fought in The Squeezing Onslaught an assault on Dreadruled. battle fought
0798-12-06 In 798, late winter, (6th of Obsidian) Dreamypuzzled fought in The Scorching Assault an assault on Dreadruled. battle fought
0859-12-02 In 859, late winter, (2nd of Obsidian) Dreamypuzzled fought in The Siege of Disemboweling an assault on Dreadruled. battle fought
0877-10-21 In 877, early winter, (21st of Moonstone) Dreamypuzzled fought in The Onslaught of Screams an assault on Dreadruled.

It looks like some of these glitches wax and wane. For about a century in-game, I had to start an adventure and retire them before I could access Eskôn in throwaway saves, same for the capital Ilrallenod. Now I can do it regularly. I even managed to visit the Shelter of Adventurers in my last turn, even if I was too afraid to do so because of the lag in my first turns.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: December 27, 2022, 12:31:04 am »

Playing time been limited with Christmas and work, which is why I am glad Bralbaard has granted me an extension...

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: December 27, 2022, 02:00:13 am »

Playing time been limited with Christmas and work, which is why I am glad Bralbaard has granted me an extension...

Speaking of Blueoceans, how do you like the structures? I just managed to make two three-stories villa and two lighthouses. Are the lighthouse roofs the right color? Schist is all I had around, I could manually transport microcline or the like from other sites if it doesn't fit or if it's an eye-sore. For the "light" part, I used as much gold as I had, then compensated with orthoclase.

Now that I think about it, I'll probably make an open temple between the lighthouses. Gotta fill that map with something. Maybe some farms too...

I'll also probably have to import via adventurer other materials too, because while I have plenty of granite, marble and some orthoclase, I don't have the nice stuff like kaolinite or microcline.

Here's something else that's weird. I jumped with my necro character in a river, and it said drowning. Now, I'd read somewhere that necros can't procreate (though I've seen them do it in Legends Mode even hundred of years after they became necro, i.e. Goden Ìtùnedëm) because they can't breathe, but if my adventurer was drowning, that means he could breathe... which means necros could have children? That'd be awesome.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 03:51:27 am by Lurker Z »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: December 27, 2022, 10:28:12 am »

What glitched camp are you talking about?

0769-07-27 In 769, early autumn, (27th of Limestone) Ngoso started working from The Intricate Fortress of  The Knowing Deceiver in Stealmountain.

Ah, it looks like the one you're talking about was killed by one of Fidale's traveling companions.

Dreamypuzzled is still alive in Dreadruled. She/"He" fought in 8 battles defending it.

0754-11-26 In 754, midwinter, (26th of Opal) Dreamypuzzled settled in Dreadruled. change hf state
0757-04-16 In 757, early summer, (16th of Hematite) Dreamypuzzled fought in The Dangerous Assaults an assault on Dreadruled. battle fought
0759-07-24 In 759, early autumn, (24th of Limestone) Dreamypuzzled fought in The Violent Onslaught of Chucking an assault on Dreadruled. battle fought
0769-07-08 In 769, early autumn, (8th of Limestone) Dreamypuzzled fought in The Attack of Searing an assault on Dreadruled. battle fought
0770-10-10 In 770, early winter, (10th of Moonstone) Dreamypuzzled fought in The Fist-onslaught of Gripping an assault on Dreadruled. battle fought
0798-03-08 In 798, late spring, (8th of Felsite) Dreamypuzzled fought in The Squeezing Onslaught an assault on Dreadruled. battle fought
0798-12-06 In 798, late winter, (6th of Obsidian) Dreamypuzzled fought in The Scorching Assault an assault on Dreadruled. battle fought
0859-12-02 In 859, late winter, (2nd of Obsidian) Dreamypuzzled fought in The Siege of Disemboweling an assault on Dreadruled. battle fought
0877-10-21 In 877, early winter, (21st of Moonstone) Dreamypuzzled fought in The Onslaught of Screams an assault on Dreadruled.

It looks like some of these glitches wax and wane. For about a century in-game, I had to start an adventure and retire them before I could access Eskôn in throwaway saves, same for the capital Ilrallenod. Now I can do it regularly. I even managed to visit the Shelter of Adventurers in my last turn, even if I was too afraid to do so because of the lag in my first turns.

There's a refugee camp near Dreadruled that crashes(?) if you get near it. If that's no longer the case, great. If it's still that way, I'll just snag the lawgiver with unretire-anyone. It doesn't matter if the law-giver died in the mean time, since it's only a position that I need, not a person. Good to see that Dreamypuzzled is still alive, though.

The confusion over Dreamypuzzled's gender amuses me, as Dreamypuzzled was originally a genderless demon. I will continue to spread more confusion.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: December 27, 2022, 12:30:38 pm »

You're added to the list. I look forward to whatever you are up to.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: January 01, 2023, 03:15:56 am »

Happy new year everyone!

How is progress on the save Kesperan? You have had a number of days over the usual amount as agreed, and I think we should move on.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: January 01, 2023, 11:04:41 am »

I will post the save today.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 264