Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 265

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 422700 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #2655 on: January 01, 2023, 11:50:32 am »

hope you were able to do what you wanted during the holidays
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: January 01, 2023, 01:01:49 pm »

today I am gonna be working on a video of mine, so I may not get started on working on my turn today for when the save comes out, but I will probably get started on my turn tomorrow and such
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: January 01, 2023, 11:59:50 pm »

I have finished my turn. I appreciate the extra time - any time I wasn't working or sleeping I was trying to get a decent turn done!

Edit:

Thanks to Lurker - save is hosted on DFFD:

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16305

Please sign me up for another turn.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 08:00:40 am by kesperan »
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: January 02, 2023, 07:03:28 am »

Happy New Year everybody!

Regarding save: it's your archiving method/program. I've managed to compressed it to 488 mega. The unarchived save is still 1.97Giga. I was afraid for a while that the game had bloated, but thankfully that's not the case.

It is curious why the archive can compress it less and less, turn 98 was 457MB while mine was 479MB.

Save on DFFD for posterity.

So who did you play as? Because Moldath is still not visible in LV and Kothvir seems to have remained inactive.

In other, but worrying, news, The Staff of Kissing continues to be dying at now 19 dwarves. It needs to be saved ASAP. I'm sorry I didn't notice it during my turn.

Ah, well, not sure how much of a spoiler it is, regarding Jas, but...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And since it's the New Year, I've updated the stats on Orid Xem tops. The wiki has had its 1000th article on December 23, Enôrmigrur influence area, which basically chronicles those 7 hillocks which popped up around Enôrmigrur.

As for the tops, Moldath became the most linked creature someone in November and is now... still neck-and-neck with Bralbaard, surprisingly. Avolition is in 3, at 11 links from the first places (but realistically, from Moldath). The most spectacular jump was Hannibal, who in only two months jumped to 7th place, because of all the ghouls he created and all the death left in his wake.

The stats seem to have stabilized in other places as well. The only surprise in most linked civs is that Quogubpesor‏‎ (The Creamy Confederacy) is more linked than Mong Uthros (The Nations of Honoring), though I've granted before that Quogubpesor‏‎ was a force to be reckoned with before it was taken over by a goblin and marched into forever wars with the rest of the world.

In deities, Avuz Thukkan (The Mine of Ambers) is detached in the first place, which does not necessarily reflect world-wide realities, as Ala is in my opinion still the most worshiped in the world, but it probably does reflect dwarven realities. As noted before, where Ala infiltrated the goblins and the elves, Avuz Thukkan has infiltrated human civilizations, from which Evost Dèg regularly calls to the capital in positions of power within Avuz's most influential religion. Bikda is second and Ala third, the rest mostly Adilatir deities, with Mata Kosenor and Gopet bringing up the rear, but there it's anyone's guess (though likely half the spots will always be filled with Adilatir deities if the trend continues).

The house/dynasty tops have not changed at all from last month, which is surprising. Hannibal also jumped in most notable kills to take the 8th place.

The most eventful settlements have changed considerably, since this list wasn't updated since the year 780. I've tried to remove the bugged entries where the same creature does the same action for 70 pages. A player dwarf fortress infiltrated there, Datanzalìs Stinugosh (Ironwards) into the 5th place.

The most linked settlements once again hasn't changed by much. Zustashmisttar Koshosh Nekut (Ancientknowledge) was already there last month, though it ascended a place. Iroram is also surprisingly at 7th now, slightly understandable since I fleshed it out some time ago, but still surprisingly considering all the ancient and eventful settlements in the list.

Longest pages has also changed its configuration, but I don't know what significance to give to that, if any.

These stats were taken from the January 1 Most Linked Pages and in-game effectively at the end of turn 99.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 07:12:13 am by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: January 02, 2023, 08:58:36 am »

Save on DFFD for posterity.

Thanks, I never even thought of that. I have edited my post to link to your DFFD copy of the save, which is the one Wonderpsycho should download for the momentous Turn 100!

So who did you play as? Because Moldath is still not visible in LV and Kothvir seems to have remained inactive.

Yes, I played as Moldath, once again. He is now the Baron of Keyconjure and Champion of The Eternal Citadel. Maybe that will stop his vampiric nomadic urges?

He arrived at my new Page of Tiredness fort in a migrant wave on 28th Limestone 940 as a "hunter necromancer" pretending to be called Bembul and convincing absolutely nobody, spent several months in the hospital giving me two legendary surgeons, before eating four dwarves. I anticipated issues with sleuthing due to lack of LV so took a few screenshots which I will post later.

I don't know why he continues to crash LV and it looks like the addon isn't supported any more. Nobody responded to Avolition's post highlighting the issue, and with the move to 0.50, it's obsolete now?

In other, but worrying, news, The Staff of Kissing continues to be dying at now 19 dwarves. It needs to be saved ASAP. I'm sorry I didn't notice it during my turn.

Well, Queen Vucar Axesafety is a vampire, so they won't die out...

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: January 02, 2023, 09:21:08 am »

Ah judging from what you are saying, i take it you ported the save to 0.50

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: January 02, 2023, 09:23:36 am »

I've heard the saves are incompatible, as there was work done outside the UI in 0.50.

More about Jas' line:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 09:28:56 am by Lurker Z »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: January 02, 2023, 09:32:38 am »

Ah judging from what you are saying, i take it you ported the save to 0.50

No, I haven't done that. I didn't think the new version had adventure mode, and is not compatible with older saves.

What I meant was that with all the focus on the new version, updating addons/mods for 0.47 is going to be less likely.

Some assorted curios and highlights:

« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 09:36:29 am by kesperan »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: January 02, 2023, 11:29:45 am »

Turn 100! Quite an achievement for us all.
I've updated the map with the Citadel.
It seems Wonderpsycho is already aware that his turn is up.

Also it seems Moldath has been busy. It will be interesting to see what the new generation will be up to.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 11:32:29 am by Bralbaard »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: January 02, 2023, 11:59:56 am »

There must have been some hackery there, since vampires are sterile.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: January 02, 2023, 01:10:03 pm »

Are they sterile specifically or is it that they simply don't "sleep" and thus rendered sterile by result?

Also can I be moved down one spot? New year is kicking my butt and I'm sure I won't be caught up by next week

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: January 02, 2023, 02:13:50 pm »

Are they sterile specifically or is it that they simply don't "sleep" and thus rendered sterile by result?

Also can I be moved down one spot? New year is kicking my butt and I'm sure I won't be caught up by next week
Specifically sterilized by the curse.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: January 02, 2023, 02:21:10 pm »

It might have been when i made Rusna fertile, i might of accidently made the entire fortress fertile which may have included the imprisioned blind sadist
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 02:38:09 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: January 02, 2023, 02:23:54 pm »

downloading the new save and stuff gonna get to my turn in a bit, also for some reason DFFD is giving me a error of my username being incorrect for me to even log into it so i'll try logging in again later or whatever, I hope this error stops happening to me to prevent me from logging into my account and stuff otherwise i have to make a new DFFD account or maybe I might be misremembering the password or idk, but yeah
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: January 02, 2023, 02:30:00 pm »

Look on DFFD main page, accounts from after 2015 were lost. There's a guide and links on what to do to recover your files and/or account.

Also good luck on your turn!
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 265