Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 64349 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2020, 07:57:32 am »

The Battle between the Mother of Dragons and Goddess of Heavens sends shockwaves echoing across the lands around them, stars falling to earth to form springs and lakes and magic used turning the lands to forests and grasslands. If this continues, even the earth of the continent may rise under their blows.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2020, 08:07:23 am »

Year 90.1: As the war rages on, The Stranger quietly creates a People of his own in the forests and mountains in the north of the western continent. The Firbolg are giants with great skill in magic and craftsmanship, building deep underground halls and herding wooly mammoths on the surface for food. They are given a unique ability: fusing rituals and spells into weapons and tools, creating powerful artifacts. They are scattered across the north, but get together once every few years to settle disputes and elect a High King or Queen to serve until the next meeting.

The Slug Duchies declare all out war on the invading dragons for a towing list of reasons and begin casting rituals and spells in an attempt to drive off the oncoming horde as their remaining armies march out to fight on the font lines.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2020, 08:08:16 am »

Maybe a key might start becoming useful, there is an area in the south on the southwestern continent that has light brown and dark brown near a river, what are those?
Also is the purple to the north of the Duchies Regton, or the purple of the south of the northeastern continent? What is the purple of the northeastern continent? Sorry for the questions
Yeah, I agree, still have to find out a way to get one going. The map itself is too small to get any text in there, and if I size it up I'll lose quality (and that also makes updating the map more work). I'll maybe get a seperate key going.

The two nations of the river in the southwest are the Hamsterfolk nations, with the sand-colored one being the Dorathian Kingdom and the yellow one being the shamans.

The purple of the whole map is the Elder Council of Dragolia, who have just conquered parts of the Hrilithian Celestial Empire (the nation north of the orange slugman duchies, also bordering the lake.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2020, 08:55:47 am »

Everyone hates the dragons. The slugs have ritual magic? Typically some precedent or time would show development.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2020, 09:09:45 am »

Year 90.2: With the newly integrated Glass Spider among their ranks, Gras Qhangan Gazdrubaal launches another subjugation campaign against the two remaining independent Sandstone nomadic tribes
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2020, 09:14:15 am »

Everyone hates the dragons. The slugs have ritual magic? Typically some precedent or time would show development.
many years ago, The Stranter gifted the Slugs ritual magic, I can go find the quote
Year 27: The Stranger decides to spice things up. Dark figures approach the Dukes of the slugmen, and offer them the secrets and rituals of a slow but powerful form of magic capable of causing anything from natural disasters to singular, specific deaths, to creating Eldritch Abominations, to anything you could imagine, provided the ritual is right, and the price paid is high enough.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 09:16:58 am by Naturegirl1999 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2020, 09:26:30 am »

Year 91: A mysterious disease has started to spread around the Elder Council of Dragolia, they call it COVID-19 The Plague and so far it has only killed a few of their people, but it could get worse.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2020, 09:33:06 am »

Year 92
Donkebab Puts a curse on Dragonkind for being so merciless. They lose all magical ability and each grows a Second head constantly fighting with the other.

She then punishes the idiotic Celestials for Starting a war without knowing what really happened. She curses all members of the Celestial Empire with a Second head Always fighting with the First and makes them heavy so they couldnt possibly Ride an air Dolphins anymore.

She then offers Tiamat Peace AS she fought her only to ensure the survival of the races.
She does however reprimand tiamat for actually interfering AS much in the affair of the mortals.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 09:53:26 am by Detoxicated »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2020, 09:34:56 am »

Year 92
Donkebab Puts a curse on Dragonkind for being so merciless. They lose all magical ability and each grows a Second head constantly fighting with the other.

She then punishes the idiotic Celestials for Starting a war without knowing what really happened. She curses all members of the Celestial Empire with a Second head Always fighting with the First and makes them heavy so they couldnt possibly Ride an air Dolphins anymore.

She then offers Tiamat Peace AS she fought her only to ensure the survival of the races.
She dies does however reprimand tiamat for actually interfering AS much in the affair of the mortals.
you mean does, right?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2020, 09:53:00 am »

Yes

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2020, 09:54:20 am »

Year 93: The Foxfolk tribes have begun to expand further north, away from the coast. Meanwhile, one of the chiefs, Thuris The Red, has attempted to seize absolute power and declare himself king, starting a civil war. The western islands and villages of the Foxfolk have taken his side, splitting the tribal federation roughly in half. ((OOC: Rolls please.))
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 11:26:43 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2020, 09:56:08 am »

I think you have to roll for that, Tiamat isn't going to just let a curse propagate that way.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2020, 10:00:21 am »

many years ago, The Stranter gifted the Slugs ritual magic, I can go find the quote
Year 27: The Stranger decides to spice things up. Dark figures approach the Dukes of the slugmen, and offer them the secrets and rituals of a slow but powerful form of magic capable of causing anything from natural disasters to singular, specific deaths, to creating Eldritch Abominations, to anything you could imagine, provided the ritual is right, and the price paid is high enough.
That’s 60+ years of precedent, occasionally interspersed by rituals focused on the central lake from which they were birthed. The arrival of the dragons represents a very solid and real potential for the Dukes to lose their power and face cultural, religious, and judicial assimilation at the hands of the dragons, who in the eyes of a disunited group of small, independent states represent a vast and unstoppable force which could very easily stomp all over them, regardless of the actual truth of the matter. At the end of it all, even though they’re squishy, they have their rituals and spells that they’ve had almost a full generation or more to study and they will use them. In the interest of not making things bad, I have been quietly hoping that Lord_Lemonpie would roll for the outcomes of rituals, but I failed to communicate that, so I might as well mention it now.

Lord_Lemonpie, I would like to request that you in your infinite wisdom come up with a suitably interesting cost and success rate for the recently cast ritual, given that a spell with such an intent and with assumed countermeasures on the behalf of Tiamat would have unclear results and side affects.

Crow plague might be a bit far though

Edit: 5 ninja posts?! How long did I take to write this?

Edit 2, following a revision of the five ninja-posts: Tiamat hasn’t exactly been Merciless, they are at worst warmongerers and made a specific point of not targeting children and combatants, this is going a bit too far.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 10:06:43 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Avetruetotheimperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2020, 10:16:01 am »

Year 90.3:
Dorath keeps a keen eye at the affairs and wars of this turbulent time. Taking notes of all affairs and strategies used, yet not favoring either side of the conflict. A neutral party to be sure.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2020, 10:33:59 am »

((Do we wait for wars and curses to be rolled, now?))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 76