Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 64354 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #255 on: May 26, 2020, 11:31:44 pm »

Year 167.3: Skullbeard goes on a long voyage to the very south of the world. Who knows, maybe the Stranger may meet him there...
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 27, 2020, 07:42:57 am »

Year 168: The Bleg have taken notice of the lizardmen and have started trying to open diplomat relations with them in hopes of having friendly relations with their closest neighbor. Roll for diplomacy.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 27, 2020, 09:05:05 am »

YEAR 168.1

The Aetherials have begun to put their plans of "recruiting" members from other races to their cause into action. With their discovery that continuous but mild exposure to chaos energy causes the people of the mortal races to eventually acclimatize to and become empowered by chaos energy, they saw an opportunity to use that intentionally to produce chaos empowered units with mostly free will but still inclined to chaos.

They immediately saw potential in three races and they have sent agents in at attempt to secretly recruit downtrodden, rebellious and criminal elements of the nations to their cause, with promises of power and freedom.

Those three races being:
The Firbolgs. Being already attuned to magic as well as being great craftsmen in addition to being a large race that can lift a great amount would serve as an incredible boon to the Aetherials in any serious construction endeavor. The Aetherials attempt to recruit a number of Firbolgs as Chaos Giants, offering them a chance to construct and craft using a material thus far unseen by them, one that will readily take on magical enchantments and thus synergizes well with the Firbolgs abilities: The solidified form of chaos, Chaos Crystals.

The Lokhunds. In the Lokhunds, the Aetherials see great warriors and raiders that would become even more powerful when infused with chaos. The Aetherials attempt to recruit a number of Lokhunds as Chaos Hounds, offering strength, power and a new base for conducting raids from in the form of the Aetherial Domain.

The Dragons. Like many things, Aetherials see the curse of Star Talk as something to exploit for their own ends. By reminding dragons of its existence and offering protection from it, A protection offered by Azerth himself to those that would willingly join his cause and thus freedom from their dependence on Dragonstones to be able to be on the western continent, The Aetherials attempt to recruit a number of Dragons as Chaos Dragons.

The Aetherials aren't the only ones who have taken an interest in dragons.
Spoiler: Not-So-Lowpoly lizards (click to show/hide)
The Lizards, seeing Dragons constantly fly overhead in the skies, have begun to revere the Dragons and craft small statues representing the Dragons, predominantly out of wood or clay, some lizards even meditating in front of said statues, perhaps in hopes of too sprouting wings and being able to fly.

(OOC: Also, heres another crappy lowpoly render, this time, roughly representing what The Aetherials look like:
Also, gonna be lots of diplo rolls this cycle.)
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 27, 2020, 09:34:45 am »

Year 168.2- After more than a decade of exile among the slugmen of Gharlor's Fork, Hagatai 'the Pariah' escapes the grand desert in search of the realm of the Aetherials. Driven and goaded on by rumors of power beyond imagination and the lingering dark influence on his soul, Hagatai has not given up on his goal of taking over Qhanganate until he is dead and buried.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 27, 2020, 10:03:56 am »

168-170

A port town in Streamland (uncreatively named Porttūn) has spent years prospering and with the large amount of growth and trade in recent years has become what can be truly considered a city. Trade happens on a large scale with merchants being everywhere (salt is used as a currency, along with electrum and sterling silver), forges and kilns actively work all day, roads are being constructed and granaries are being filled. This prosperity leads to an expansion northwards and along the river.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The other human kingdoms begin to initiate a second expansion further inwards, with Arghila starting to build its own big cities and a larger army...
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 27, 2020, 01:57:25 pm »

Wow, these renders are amazing Strik3r!

Year 170.4
The Hamsterfolk perform a similar ritual to the Foxfolk, elevating one of their spirits to Godhood. Alao, God of Medicine and Plants arises.

Alao, Foreus and Duenta unite to form the Shamanic Pantheon. Their followers are referred to as Shamanists.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 06:22:53 pm by Lord_lemonpie »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 27, 2020, 02:03:02 pm »

(OOC: TamerVirus, do you have specific plans for the Hagtai-Aetherial interaction? if you have something in mind for what you want to happen, i dont want to hijack your plans, so i didn't post anything about in on this turn.

Also, thank you, Lord_lemonpie. )

YEAR 172-172.1
Theyrn Elros, the once-explorer now Chaos mage reached the Kingdom of Streamland, his home. To hide his changed form, he wore a long hooded cloak, tattered by the journey. Chaos had overtaken his mind, The chaos that took his friends, chaos that he now unwillingly worshiped.

Soon after reaching the city that he once called home, he begun to recruit followers with displays of his chaos magic, promises of power and of salvation, forming the first Chaos Cult, it would come to be known as the "Red Hallow" cult.
They believe that Chaos will eventually consume all of existence but there is an afterlife for those who embrace the Chaos. They don't really worship Aetherials or even Azerth for that matter, only chaos itself.
They conduct their meetings far away from towns, in dark cellars or any other place where the eyes of common people will not reach them.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 27, 2020, 02:34:34 pm »

((I don't have any specific plans here, just wanted a slugman to get into the Chaos funk to see what would happen. Maybe he gets powers. Maybe he violently explodes))
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 27, 2020, 02:40:00 pm »

Year 172.6
A dwarf explorer by the name of Jothgar (I'm terrible with names aren't I...) sets out on a journey to the deepest depths of the earth, in hopes of finding new and exciting things.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 27, 2020, 02:47:27 pm »

((
((I don't have any specific plans here, just wanted a slugman to get into the Chaos funk to see what would happen. Maybe he gets powers. Maybe he violently explodes))
well, he wont explode, thats for sure. Ok then, since i dont want to spam up the thread, i'll post the interaction i wrote up, on my next turn.

Year 172.6
A dwarf explorer by the name of Jothgar (I'm terrible with names aren't I...) sets out on a journey to the deepest depths of the earth, in hopes of finding new and exciting things.
Trust me, not nearly as bad as me. I just slam the keyboard repeatedly until something comes out, or i just abuse a random name generator lol. i'm notoriously bad at names.))

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 27, 2020, 07:58:36 pm »

Year 174:
An exodus of sorts takes place in human lands. Chaos-aligned humans have chosen to leave the realms that tend to persecute them. Cultists of Azerth, Jakuvia and Vahocci, Vampires, Manaketes, tainted Ki users, practitioners of occult and forbidden schools of magic, and many other misfits have traveled to the coastal region between Streamland and Zalalastan. Here they have united in small communities. Though the only thing these vastly different groups have in common is their persecution at the hands of their former overlords, they tend to get along decently well. The region is henceforth referred to as the Coast of Cults.

Eightstone has joined the Shamanic Pantheon, making the Sandstone Nomads from both within and outside of the Qhanganate into their own sect of the Shamanist faith.

Skullbeard's Journey
Code: [Select]
1d20=7Skullbeard encounters much. Unmapped atolls, titanic creatures of the sea, shipwrecks of models that have never been observed before. Yet the Stranger stays out of his grasp. His whispers continue, growing louder, further to the south.

The Bleg & the Lizards
1d20=4The Bleg diplomats are greeted with a hail of venom-covered javelins. One of the diplomats that managed to escape describes his companions being sacrificed to a feral dragon corrupted by Star Talk.

Aetherial Corruption
Firbolg: 1d20=15
Lokhund: 1d20=5
Dragons: 1d20=18
Some of the Firbolg, marked by a sense of joyfullness and curiosity, are eager to follow the Aetherials and join their cause. They bring their own twist to Chaotic Magic, resulting in the birth of Wild Magic.

Corruption of the Lokhund is nigh impossible. These ferocious raiders speak only the language of bloodied bronze, zealous in their conviction to Hrvalda and the Dead Valkyrie.

The conversion of Dragons is incredibly successful. As the Aetherials experiment with curing Star Talk, they catch many of the Feral Dragons in the region. Using the magic of chaos seems to be an excellent way to help these creatures. Though they do not regain their sapience, they become obedient. Making Chaos Dragons turns out to be a fairly simple process: Capture, Vivisection, Treatment and finally Reassembly seems to be the way to go. Though the dragons of the east prove themselves hard to corrupt, this is incredibly easy and successful most of the time.

Spoiler: Map Update (click to show/hide)

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #266 on: May 27, 2020, 08:11:20 pm »

Year 175-181

Finally after the plans were agreed upon, the council set up by Dorath finally got to lessening to outright removing Ki. This was a relief to many as even before this divine enaction, not many were gifted in using Ki at all- leaving many portions of people defense to the high strength martial artists who were adept at Ki (particularly villainous lords, bandits, and sometimes even serial killers who went on all out sprees at a time- which gave boom to bounty hunter organizations in turn). Namek as soon as this happened passed away as it was his Ki reserves that was maintaining his incredible long age. This sweeping change had many consequences around the word, particularly with Ki gone, now the Sandstone Qhans now have a more adequate chance at retaking their territory now that flying or Ki blasts weren't an option for the Crusader State.

Years with this change passed. People began to accept Ki was finally gone, making conventional warfare become re-apparent as Dorath had seeked. The most ired by this was the Vahucci Cult who's entire order was dedicated on the discipline of Ki, martial prowess, and venerating the Slugman-turned-Demon who killed a God. This would ultimately start the second grand escapade to find the Godkiller Scroll. Many around the world had found out that the Gods despite their divine mightiness were foolish- they only removed Ki from living beings, but forgot to outright remove Ki from various artefacts infused with the energy of the decades. This begins the Rush Era where many treasure hunters attempt to find these special objects.

Meanwhile Velodryn Kaas and the vampires in general as non-living beings went through the loophole entirely- so they retained their Ki. This sparked another sub-era where Vampires would rule as undisputed terrors of the night. Eventually though the Vampire race (which were turned Humans of all) found that their Ki diminishes too with every new night they wake from. Their Ki wasn't limitless as they thought. With no new Ki that used to be constantly generated in living beings with Ki's outright removal, the Vampires could not replenish their reserves fast enough. Some Vampires could stay ahead as some trained for years having high Ki reserves, while some were just more of magic users so they weren't bothered by the change. Those who couldn't adapt however were being Final Death'd by the droves.

This lead to massive witch-hunt reprisals once equal footing started to gain ground when even the Elder Vampires began having waning Ki reserves. Towers in the wilderness owned by Vampires were raided. Crypts torched by experienced hunters. Ghouls found out by evidence gathering Inquisitors. These were developments Velodryn Kaas did not like. He knew that Vampires would be numbered if it continued. In a bid for an emergency backup power, Velodryn along with many other powerful Elders conducted a ritual to put their Ki into many bundles of arrows to make them magical and ever replenishing. The plan backfired though. The arrows once shot at someone gave them mysterious powers, a psychophenomena of a sort. This critical backfire ensured that many different Vampire Hunters were given these powers by complete accident by neonate Vampires who purchased the sets from Velodryn and his group.

The Hunters described seeing different spirit-like entities that only other Hunters or someone with the psychophenomena could see. These strange phenomena though can affect things at the control of their "user". When the arrows were discovered as the source many treasure hunters began turning to Vampire hunting to give themselves the same powers as the Vampire Hunters. Even peasants from various Human Kingdoms started joining the effort. Soon though it was discovered that getting pierced was random and only those with latent potency could manifest a "Stand" as they were come to be known as. Someone who did not have the potential were killed by their own spirit. It was also found that once one person gained a Stand, their descendants had a chance to manifest a Stand as well.

Velodryn Kaas within the Vampire society was hated for this blunder. Some of his friends of many decades were Final Death'd. Not being able to understand the hurt of it, Velodryn tried to pierce himself with one of his arrows thinking that no potential would spark. He was wrong. Kaas had manifested the most powerful Stand to date- [The World]. See- each Stand had a special unique ability (or none at all with only being able to do basic attacks such as punching, clawing, biting, or kicking. Special within the sense that the person has a Stand at all to begin with) that its user could utilize at anytime.

Kaas' Stand, [The World] could freeze time. Freeze. Time. It was discovered through self-research that the normal limits of time stop would be five seconds, but since Velodryn Kaas was undead, he could gradually extend the duration of the time-stop with practice. Velodryn after this went on a rampage against the Vampire Hunter cells and various Holy Orders, rallying Vampire society back into some sort of re-offense. Velodryn Kaas began to utilize Ghoul stand users to continue on his shadow power, which attracted the attention of the Vahucci Cult who also gained many Stand users as the secret order found Stands as a successor to Ki and also had many connections to the crime underworld spanning many Kingdoms.

Eventually the Cultists found out that Velodryn Kaas was in possession of the Godkiller Scroll. This sparked a clandestine street-by-street, road-by-road, secret war between the Vahucci Cult and Velodryn's Ghoul minions. Many stand users unaffiliated with these groups were inadvertently dragged into either side of the conflict through manipulation and intrigue. This war is known as the Godkill War.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 10:33:29 pm by Lidku »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 28, 2020, 05:04:04 am »

(OOC: Wut? So now its from DBZ to JoJo is it? you weeb lol. Also thats a hell of a timestep and half a novel too boot.(P.S. Welp i wrote half a novel too, lol)
I'll just put my stuff in the middle of the timestep, if thats ok. Also, you've kinda turned my plans on their head, what with the sudden death of Namek and all that, whatever, i'll work around it.)

YEAR 176
Hagtai reached the outer boundaries of the Aetherial Domain, he didn't know what would happen, but what he certainly did not expect, was to be welcomed by the Aetherials themselves to their lands. He was an unexpected guest, but not an unwelcome one. The Aetherials decided to bring Hagtai deep into the heart of their Domain, so they greeted him with several Aetherials and a Chaos Dragon. The Aetherials weren't worried, the moment Hagtai stepped into their domain, his fate was already sealed: He'd either leave as their ally, or not at all.

On the way to their destination, Hagtai could see many things from the skies while riding on the back of the dragon:

It seems like the Aetherials' domain was quickly becoming an actual nation, not just the Aetherials any more but multiple races united under Chaos, under Azerth. It seemed almost paradoxical, chaos forming a orderly society, yet here it was, A... Chaos Coalition, If you will. But it still is defined by the spreading corruption of the land.

There  were Chaos Giants and Dragons working in tandem to build structures out of red crystals, crystals which covered the Domain, many of the clusters reaching well above the treetops, as red as the landscape that surrounded them. The Dragons would haul large chunks of crystals long distances by air and the giants would add them to whatever they were building, using their magic to fuse the crystals together.

Some dragons were even spotted scorching the land with Chaos flame, crystals sprouting from wherever the baleful flame struck. The glittering left behind in the air following the attack was almost beautiful in its own twisted way, tiny chaos crystals in the air, reflecting and refracting the light that passed through them in blood red.

As they approached the Chaos Rift, he saw that... thing... a giant half-formed monstrosity, twitching as dead bodies of the mutated wildlife of the domain were thrown into it and fused with it. Even in its incomplete state, it was far bigger than any dragon.

Hagtai and The Aetherials were surpisingly cordial once Hagtai's goals became clear and thus an agreement was quickly reached. It wasn't a hard deal to make, with both sides seemingly offering exactly what the other wanted:

The Aetherials wanted revenge for their humiliating defeat at the hands of Namek and by extension all of the Qhanganate and they wanted a foothold in the south. That, and they needed battlefield commanders, someone to lead their armies. Hagtai had the experience of leading armies, and his own axe to grind with the Qhanganate, he however needed to be more powerful and an needed an army to take back the throne of the Sandstone Qhanganate. Both of these things were within the Aetherials' capacity to grant.

And while Namek had mysteriously died, the Aetherials' burning hatred for him remained.

Thus the deal was simple: The power of Chaos and an army, composed of Aetherials and several Chaos Dragons, including one to serve as Hagtai's personal mount, to attack the Qhanganate with. And the Aetherials threw in a bonus too: Should Hagtai succeed in his attack on the Qhanganate, he would be allowed to keep the army he will be given. In exchange, he, and whatever nation he produces should he succeed, will remain loyal to the Aetherial cause.

There was only one catch: The Aetherials had no way to "Teleport" the army into the Qhanganate. The Chaos Realm is invariably lethal to mortals. However, this would be of little concern as the entire army is capable of flight, the Qhanganate will have little to no warning before the attack hits.
(OOC: I left the actual attack action up to you, TamerVirus)

Meanwhile, on Dragolia:
For years, the lizards have been finding stringy white stuff coating the trees of their lands. Now they've finally found out why: Silkworms. They've begun harvesting the silk that the worms produce. Silk which they've discovered, makes for decent clothing, much better in the hot, humid climate than the furs and hides they've been wearing thus far. Of course plain off-white silk is awfully boring, so it didn't take long for some lizards to attempt to dye the silk, although first attempts were terrible.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 05:06:24 am by Strik3r »

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 28, 2020, 07:22:52 am »

((OOC: I like your renders.))
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 28, 2020, 07:29:14 am »

Year 176: The Bleg fearing the a potential attack from the strange lizardmen from the north begin praying to The Monolith to grant them some kind of boon that'll aid them in case of an attack. Roll for potential boon, maybe they'll get something maybe they won't get anything.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 76